Project Neverused Teambuilding Competition V2 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Voting is now up. Submissions are:
  • Montsegur
  • Hollywood
  • Can-Eh-Dian
  • QueenOfLuvdiscs
And please don't bandwagon again lol

I vote Can-Eh-Dian, life orb swanna is kewl and CM+3 attacks puff tears things to shreds (though I still think surf>flamethrower)

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Montsegur - really nice squad, balance is definitely my favorite playstyle and HP Fire Probo + Gatr works extremely well. Also, change uxie to timid in the import btw :P

Hollywood because Montsegur forgot to use Choice SCARF exeggutor and everybody else's squads imo aren't quite as #stronk, although tbh shoulda brought the throwback pivot ROSE if puss-e to spikes.

I have been using all of them , and the best is Hollywood* easiest to use, also sweep with the little cupcake is fun(when you´re not the one get sweeped) that Cupcake deserves the ban hammer

Deej Dy

Verified Ladder Scurb 乁( ◔ ౪◔)ㄏ
Can-eh-dian for actually having an answer to hazards, (besides QOL who is extremely weak to archeops ;))

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Im gonna vote for Can-Eh-Dian. He needs to fix his import tho

his team makes me want to try swanna. its also the only team that i have seen where subsd sceptile actually work over itemless (you guys still need to use it less smh). obv he has the slurpuff + probo core and it works quite well on his team

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
montsegur for his exeggutor set. it works nicely with slurpuff; it wrecks slurpuff's poison-type checks faster than soulgazer earns badges. personally I like sub lo exeggutor over specs but both are probably good.

Blast

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Voting is now closed, Hollywood and Can-Eh-Dian tied for first so congrats to both!

Alright so this week I'm gonna try something different. Instead of having a two-mon core to build around, I'm just going to choose one mon and see how that goes. Feel free to lmk which one you guys prefer too :o

With that said, that Pokemon is:

You have a week

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright, if we're talking panda then Trick Room instantly comes to mind so I'll just post one of my favorite teams here
Carbink @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Moonblast

Pangoro @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
- Parting Shot

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Beheeyem @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Mesprit @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish
- U-turn
- Psyshock

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast

The team is built around a more compact, bulky offensive core so you aren't overly reliant on keeping Trick Room up. Beheeyem + Pangoro is incredibly strong and has very few switch-ins. Carbink is almost guaranteed to, at the very least, get up TR turn one and maintains momentum and softens leads for Panda/Yem. Kabu is there to, obviously, spin because I found that hazard spam was a very difficult play style to overcome when you have to dedicate a third of your team to setting up and killing yourself to maintain momentum. Later game, Mesprit serves as a second wind to your win condition with TR plus Healing Wish. Sceptile is an all around great fit for pressuring the opponent in the break between TR setting and cleaning end game for whatever is left that the Pandayem core couldn't.

Also, I enjoy the single mon concept a lot because when you post a core, it kinda limits what all can be submitted before all the teams start looking very similar. Like, by the time I even wanted to get around to building sceptsharna I felt everything that was at least decent was already posted.

EDIT: forgot sprites lol

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 13.45.45.png

So i decided on a bulky offence/ balance team which makes use of volt-turn as well.

Uxie and Lanturn both provide Thunder Wave support and a slow u-turn and volt switch respectively allowing my nukes in cb panda and specs tree to put holes in the opposing team. Uxie manages to lure in steel and dark types for panda to donk with a hammer arm while lanturn lures in the bulky grass types that eggy has such a good match-up against (vileplume, roselia, lilligant, tangela). Furthermore, parting shot on panda can be used for incoming poison types for eggy to smash with a psychic. Scarf Jynx is extremely ani meta right now, getting the jump on common scarfers like mesprit and rotom while also checking sd gatr, kabutops and samurott. Torkoal, while isn't the best mon, does everything i need it to do in the last slot. With the mixed defensive set i've given it it checks powerful grass types really nicely as well as taking pressure off Uxie for absorbing physical hits and lanturn for dealing with fire spam. The protect toxic set i've used gives it the best chance of beating spin blockers which it has done very well.

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Psychic

Exeggutor @ Choice Specs
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Scald
- Thunder Wave

Pangoro @ Choice Band
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Crunch
- Parting Shot
- Poison Jab

Jynx (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Trick
- Lovely Kiss

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Protect
- Lava Plume
- Toxic

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-179123830 - Pangoro is a Solid pivot allowing eggy to do big damage leaving jynx to clean up.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-179119594 - After paralysing his kang, pangoro has a great time. Notice that he's unable to switch his rotom in on a hammer because scrappy makes it too much of a risk. Once again, jynx cleans up.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-179116412 - Showcases the volt-turn core.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-179114421 - Nice interplay between eggy lanturn and pangoro.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-179102773
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-179100036

Exeggutor

twist
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
first post in NU, whee

alright, so I've been being tutored in NU by Soulgazer we decided to build a pretty balanced team around Pangoro. we went with an SD + Taunt set rather than the usual banded and it's a pretty good stall/wallbreaker. Garbodor has great synergy with Pangoro, handles fairies and sets up hazards that allow Pangoro and the rest of the team to pick off weakened threats. Uxie gives the team another Fighting-type resist with TWave support and enough speed to outspeed max speed base 70s. Sceptile gives the team a Ground-type resist and a Feraligatr check; running a mixed set lets it handle most Fire-types with hazard damage helping it. Rhydon gives the team an electric immunity and a check to CM psychics; depending on the matchup, it can sweep with relative ease with Rock Polish or wallbreak with Swords Dance. With most of the team able to handle or weaken Rock- and Steel-types, Kanga fits pretty well in the last slot and also gives the team an effective revenge killer as well as a switchin to Mismagius.

sg is a furry (Pangoro) (M) @ Fist Plate
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
- Taunt

Tennisace (Garbodor) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 108 SpD / 148 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- U-turn

Rhydon (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Rock Polish

SPEED (Sceptile) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

Kangaskhan (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Hi first time doing this so i hope its not too bad.

This is a team i made a couple of weeks ago around pango/Misdreavus/Dragalge core. I started from the idea that Banded Pangoro seems to hit pretty hard but being locked to one move hurts it so i thought about using life orb pango as the main idea for the team giving it immediate power and not being force switched if he s walled and locked in a move by the likes of granbull, weezing or garbo. Misdreavus acts as a physical wall/stallbreaker and Dragalge covers pangos nasty fairy weakness as well as stacking t spikes. Samurott is my special attacker who i chose to scarf to have a bit of speed (used to have CB floatzel instead) and Sandslash is muh to go spinner/SR setter. Finally, i noticed thst half my team went down to Freeze dry cryogonal/ice coverage so i inserted a reliable steel type who can dust off any ice attacks, sub klinklang. Ze monz have nice synergy between em, mostly the core and the only thing that i can see as a threat for the team is CB Sawk, but fuck him imo. You can run AV Hariyama on the last spot but anything packing psychic /fairy coverage dedtroys half your team, matter of choice i guess.

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect

Pangoro @ Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Parting Shot/Swords Dance
- Storm Throw
- Poison Jab/EQ

Samurott @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear
- Substitute
- Return

Sandslash @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

Blast

One day left

Also just as a note: this round will be the last one before ORAS. After the voting period this'll just be a general discussion thread about the winning teams and such (I'll start a new round after ORAS is released and the meta settles down a bit)

Seeing as this is the final Teambuilding thing before ORAS I guess I'll participate. Quick VoltTurn team since that is where Pangoro most easily shines. I chose PivotGoro because IMO it's its best set, baiting its fairy and fighting checks in and parting shot right out into the appropriate counter, while tanking hits with great bulk as well as spamming taunt and powerful attacks to smash opponents. Roselia and Probopass set up hazards really well together, while absorbing status and trapping steels to give NP Mismag the easier time sweeping. ScarfUxie was chosen as the team's revenge killer due to its great bulk and utility while having amazing speed, making it a great momentum gainer as well as crippler, and is incredibly underrated tbh. Offensive Pivot Lanturn is a powerful pokemon that does a surprising amount of damage while retaining its bulk to help check the fire type sit needs to, as well as using Heal Bell to cure the team in case I forget to pivot into rose. NP Mismag is the team's sweeper. yeah.
Code:
Uxie @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Trick
- U-turn

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes

Mismagius @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Ice Beam

Pangoro @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Storm Throw
- Crunch
- Taunt
- Parting Shot

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

Blast

Voting is now open!
  • Disjunction
  • The Leprechaun
  • Exeggutor
  • Pooch13
  • Brawlfest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)