Announcement New Format: [Gen 9] Computer-Generated Teams

Annika

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
[Gen 9] Computer-Generated Teams is a new format that I created; it uses non-species-specific heuristics to generate Pokémon teams. Contrary to what some chatters say, the format does not use AI or ChatGPT to create teams. Not every team or moveset generated will be great competitively, but on average they should be decent. Pokémon levels are increased and decreased based on how often teams with a certain Pokémon win at battles. This format is personally maintained by me, and isn't an official PS format. It's also not affiliated with Smogon or Random Battles.

Is there any more info about it anywhere, or how the heuristics for it work? Does it continuously change the sets based on what gets wins and losses?

Had a few pokemon with two of the same move, not sure if that's intentional or nah, but was funny.

I think I've found a bug: Pokemon can have multiple copies of the same move. My Gallade had more than one Ice Punch in my first battle.

I've been playing this and I think there should be a limit to how much Pokemon levels are decreased. Some Pokemon are kind of awful and barely usable if you lower their levels too much. Level 60 Miraidon is a bit too low imo.

Also if either side has access to hazards their should be some system in place to assure at least one defogger or rapid spinner. I've had plenty of matches where one side gets overloaded with hazards or even just one and it makes the match almost impossible to win.

Me and my friend were battling and he had a really weird oricorio set

Oricorio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dancer
Level: 46
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 84 HP / 84 Atk / 84 Def / 84 SpA / 84 SpD / 84 Spe
Quirky Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Tera Blast

Level 46? and resttalk and roost? i asked in help room and told me to post it here.. so yeah kind of weird

Maxouille

Gastrodon east sea <3
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
[Gen 9] Computer-Generated Teams is a new format that I created; it uses non-species-specific heuristics to generate Pokémon teams. Contrary to what some chatters say, the format does not use AI or ChatGPT to create teams. Not every team or moveset generated will be great competitively, but on average they should be decent. Pokémon levels are increased and decreased based on how often teams with a certain Pokémon win at battles. This format is personally maintained by me, and isn't an official PS format. It's also not affiliated with Smogon or Random Battles.
will the code be public ?

Some Pokémon are really weird, like how did Toxtricity get level 36?
Umbreon on the other hand, every time I see it it only has bad non-damaging sets like Charm, Light Screen, Baton Pass and Moonblast.
I know it's computer generated but maybe it should know about Foul Play?

irritated that levels arent part of the set generation but scale with winrate, how come there are level six and level 17 mons? someone else adressed this already with lvl 36 txotricity, its the lvl 17 mon
And also some already usable mons got buffed to lvl 99 and lvl 100, theyre pretty busted now honestly unfun how strong and bulky these ended up. toxtricity again at lvl 100

set quality has improved immensly though, even if some mons still carry zero attack rest talk and such.
the computer seems to value trapping abilities a lot and completely does not understand the value of other abilities like magic bounce. havent seen a single instance of it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)