New OU List (January 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Rocks, U-turn, Zen Headbutt, Memento and Yawn are good reasons for it to stay high, even if not as high as before (high on usage...)

People are overreacting worse than rhyperitor/alla in UU. Priority is even more common in UU(especially mach punch, only infernape really carries it in ou). I wouldn't be surprised if porygon-z joins porygon-2 in NU.

P-Z is going to dominate UU completely and get moved back to OU.
If he dominates UU he would go to BL, the only way he's going back to OU is if his usage in OU increases.

As for 'Zam being broken in UU lol. Someone that fragile has a lot of trouble with so much priority being thrown around.

Dusknoir I love you for staying OU so long.
Is Uxie likely to drop in UU usage due to Cresselia's appearance? Since Uxie's mostly outclassed by Cresselia (though the pixie is faster and gets Memento).
Cress gets Lunar Dance.

Porygon-Z and Cress in UU is just plain moronic. Seriously, you can't just judge things through usage meters, have you even seen how broken Alakazam has been? UU is probably one of the more broken tiers at the moment.
You can't really judge their impact before they have an impact. THAT is just plain moronic.

Also, Alakazam broken? He dies to anything and everything with Pursuit/physical priority. There's a reason he wasn't in the suspect testing...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PORYGON-Z in UU. Signs of the apocolypse for goodness sakes! Needless to say, I like the cyberduck

Frizy

dont change my ct fuckers
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
We might see a rise in TechniTop in response to Porygon-Z, since Mach Punch deals 97.1% - 114.5%.

joshe

the best
Thank you for compiling these stats X-Act!

almost time to get to use heracross in uu......

Porygon-Z and Cress in UU is just plain moronic. Seriously, you can't just judge things through usage meters, have you even seen how broken Alakazam has been? UU is probably one of the more broken tiers at the moment.
The name of the teirs kinda shows that we ban on useage:

OU = Overused
UU = Underused
NU= Neverused.

Ubers is for pokemon that are overpowered [Uber] for the standard metagame. Borderline is like UU's Ubers.

Dusknoir is still around... just about, due to being a spin blocker, and having a few moves Rotom dosen't, such as the Elemental punches. Dusknoir is also physical when attacking, not special. That might be important.

As for the guy who said 'Vire. 'Vire's in the mid/low 30's usually. 'Vire is not a weak pokemon, especially with all the T-Bolts running around to stop Gyarados. I mean, Starmie is easily walled, but is a great end-game cleaner, due to it's coverage. 'Vire has the same story... except it can hit on both sides, and has a wider movepool, while Starmie has the advantages of being initially faster, stronger on the Special Side, and having limited support.

I mean, aside from 'Vire, how many OU pokemon is it worthwhile to run Expert Belt on?

Oh boy, Cress and P-Z...superwall and supersweeper...let's see how this shapes up :P UU will be fun.
Well I mean Chansey is the #2 best special wall in the game, and is in UU. Maybe more Adaptability LO Mix-PoryZ sets? I've ran it in OU before, it seems like it could do damage in UU. As for Cress, I'm a bit more worried. Gogo CB Pinsir!!!

The name of the teirs kinda shows that we ban on useage:

OU = Overused
UU = Underused
NU= Neverused.

Ubers is for pokemon that are overpowered [Uber] for the standard metagame. Borderline is like UU's Ubers.

Dusknoir is still around... just about, due to being a spin blocker, and having a few moves Rotom dosen't, such as the Elemental punches. Dusknoir is also physical when attacking, not special. That might be important.

As for the guy who said 'Vire. 'Vire's in the mid/low 30's usually. 'Vire is not a weak pokemon, especially with all the T-Bolts running around to stop Gyarados. I mean, Starmie is easily walled, but is a great end-game cleaner, due to it's coverage. 'Vire has the same story... except it can hit on both sides, and has a wider movepool, while Starmie has the advantages of being initially faster, stronger on the Special Side, and having limited support.

I mean, aside from 'Vire, how many OU pokemon is it worthwhile to run Expert Belt on?
Tyranitar is one, Azelf is another, but there aren't that many.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Overall, the idea of Cress in UU doesn't really impress. It's defensive stats are impressive, but considering UU's already got pokemon like Registeel and Chansey, Cress's defensiveness statwise hardly seems overwhelming. Not to mention Uxie has been in UU since the get go, so strategically speaking it's not bringing a whole lot of functional diversification to the meta..

Beyond just stats, the biggest problem cress had in OU to begin with was that it just doesn't really do anything. It can thunderwave, but there are tons of pokemon in every tier that can do the same. It can set up screens, but it's not even the most efficient at that, Uxie getting better speed, Momento or U-Turn, not to mention Stealth Rock. Even Alakazam seems a more interesting screener with Taunt and it's awesome speed.

The only reason you'd even use Cress in OU is because of Salamence. It's typing isn't weak to ground, fire or dragon and its defensive stats are just enough to handle Salamence on both sides, being fairly balanced. Obviously, Salamence's presence alone did not justify Cress being OU (especially when Cress is raped by Mence's buddies Ttar and Scizor). I wonder if Cress will be like P-2 in UU-- without Gyarados around, P-2 just doesn't seem that impressive, and I think Cress might find itself in the same situation in a tier with no Salamence.

On the plus side, it does get moon light in a tier with no ttar. :O And with no Scizor (or Honchkrow now), Cress will be a tough cookie to crack. Only problem being-- even if it's super hard to kill, again it can't really do anything threatening to even most UU pokes. :/ You might as well spend the day watching two metapods fight.

And again with Registeel and Chansey around, P-Z might find itself in a rather similar situation to where it was in OU. :P

It's like sending an atom bomb (Specs Porygon-Z) and a Shelter (Cresselia) into Under-Used at the same time. Things will get interesting. I doubt either will stay there long.

damn UU will never be stable...
I'm inclined to argue that stability is not the point of UU since it is largely dependent on the usage in the OU tier.

How does Porygon-Z stack up against Chansey/Grumpig?
Depends on the set, really. It has a much easier time with Grumpig than Chansey since Grumpig doesn't have the stats or recovery Chansey does to sponge attacks. Same goes for Hypno.

Chansey usage has been at an all-time low last month though (although it's still quite common), as UU has been so physically orientated.

I can really figure out whether Porygon-Z and Cresselia dropping will help Chansey's (and the other special walls which nobody uses such as Regice, Hypno, etc.) usage because I think a lot of the Chansey users may just opt for Cresselia now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)