Other New Resistance / Avalon Thread - Game 6/10 Friday?!

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Resistance is a sister to the irl Mafia, maybe you've played it at a party with friends. It's much faster than forum mafia and plays in real time, so games conclude in an hour, max, generally much less.

It's similar in that you're scumhunting, except nobody is lynched/killed, removing them from play. Instead, your goal is for the Resistance to Succeed three missions, with a possible five chances. It only takes one Spy on the mission to choose to Fail, except the fourth mission which needs two Fails. A certain number of players are voted onto these missions each time, and they then choose whether to Succeed or Fail.

Avalon is a King Arthur-inspired variant with more 'roles' including Oberon, a spy who doesn't know the other spies, Merlin, a wizard who knows all the spies but can be assassinated to allow a Spy win if he reveals himself, and Mordred, who is invisible to Merlin. We've often preferred to play this variant in the past.

We have used Skype in the past with everyone talking on it to discuss the game however this is not a requirement to play and we can go chat-only or use Discord, anything works tbh.

WHERE TO PLAY
www.theresistanceplus.com/
We've played on this site in the past when we get groups together or play with randoms.
Pokemon Showdown's Mafia Bot
The bot has a script for Resistance, uncertain if it has the Avalon expansion as well.

INTERESTED PLAYERS
Please post with this format so we can see who all might like to play and how to reach them:
Smogon name / Preferred Playing Time(s)/Day(s) / Skype (if you want it public, or you can tell it to whoever hosts the call if we play with Skype) / IRC name + common chans / PS name (bold which is the easiest place to reach you if people are looking to strike up a random game)
Yeti / PST Afternoons/Evenings/Nights / IRC Yeti + #tf2 #circus / PS champyeti
theangryscientist / afternoons CST / IRC the_angry_scientist + #circus, #flamel, #smogon, #tf2, #weeb | PS theangryscientist
Walrein / CST Nights / IRC Walrein (#tf2, #circus, #flamel, #smogon, #weeb, #thegame, if we ever run another diplo game) / PS notorious walrein
Blazade / no particular time but evening is good US Mountain time / ask me privately for skype / smogon Blazade irc blazade showdown Ghostwheel skype however that gets circulated
zorbees / when on (don't ping/hl otherwise) / IRC zorbees #circus
Ullar / when my schedule permits and when I god damn feel like it / IRC Ullar (#circus, #flamel, #godisdead, #oi, #silvercity, #ssb)/ PS Ullar / SKYPE shadowbone66
Phione / Usually later than 9 CST, not all days / IRC Phione (#smogon, #oi) / PS SmogonPhione / Smogon Phione
billymills / Sporadically available. / PS billymills if I'm online I'll play.
UncleSam / activity not reliable but generally 9 PM or later CST. / IRC UncleSam, PS UncleSam
Celever / IDK I have a really sporadic schedule, which is why I don't play mafia here any more. GMT+1 timezone rn, can't do it during school :U / celeverr (I think..?) / Celever + #circus if we're playing. I don't use it much. / Celly Berry . If I'm on I'll be in Mafia and RU rooms.
jumpluff / activity all over the goddamn place but usually in the evening to morning for Americans, if I'm around I'll respond / IRC kiyoaki (usually, you guys know this ;p), PS jumpluff
LightWolf / random / lightwolf07 / IRC LightWolf I like to hang out in #yugioh, #capasb AND ESPECIALLY #partyintheusa where I do absolutely NOTHING! (hes in #tf2 too) / PS LightWolf
Bass / 7 PM PST or later / IRC: Forte (but I am rarely on IRC these days)

Other people who have played:
Rssp1, Paperblade, Da Letter El

WHEN TO PLAY
If we can get enough cooperative timezones maybe we can schedule having a Res fest once every week/two weeks/month. You can also feel free to ping people here or highlight them on IRC if you notice a lot of people on (and bored) at once and want to strike up a game spontaneously.
CURRENTLY SCHEDULED GAME TIMES/WHERE: none yet!

There is a pretty gentle learning curve and the games go by very quickly so it's much less weeks-long intensive than forum mafia. If you're interested in playing sign up and we can decide when/where to get games going!

Last edited:

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
yeah sure

Walrein / CST Nights / IRC Walrein (#tf2, #circus, #flamel, #smogon, #weeb, #thegame if we ever run another diplo game) / PS notorious walrein

i'm not exactly stingy with my skype, i just don't wanna post it on a public forum, you feel me?

Last edited:
I will always be down for Resistance (with plot cards and without Avalon preferably)

Blazade / no particular time but evening is good US Mountain time / ask me privately for skype / smogon pm irc blazade showdown Ghostwheel skype however that gets circulated

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
potentially down

Ullar / when my schedule permits and when I god damn feel like it / IRC Ullar (#circus, #flamel, #godisdead, #oi, #silvercity, #ssb)/ PS Ullar / SKYPE shadowbone66

Potentially can play some Resistance games (would prefer it to Avalon, though am a newbie at both games)

Phione / Usually later than 9 CST, not all days / IRC Phione (#smogon, #oi) / PS SmogonPhione / Smogon PM

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I remember when a few of us used to play this. It was fun n_n
Celever / IDK I have a really sporadic schedule, which is why I don't play mafia here any more. GMT+1 timezone rn, can't do it during school :U / celeverr (I think..?) / Celever + #circus if we're playing. I don't use it much. / Celly Berry . If I'm on I'll be in Mafia and RU rooms.

Always down for this, pref. Avalon but vanilla Res is okay too. Would love to get one of those skype/disc ava games going again one time.

IRC kiyoaki (usually, you guys know this ;p), PS jumpluff, activity all over the goddamn place but usually in the evening to morning for Americans, if I'm around I'll respond

Yeti

dark saturday
Thanks for signing up everyone!

Looks like we have a lot of people who evening-night is convenient for.

Do we want to try and schedule a game for this weekend?

Friday / Saturday / Sunday starting ~9pm CST since that seemed to be a pretty consistent "I'm free" time

Hopefully we could pick up some other ppl off IRC too if we're short any or someone like DLE/Bass might join

Yeti

dark saturday
alright lets just plan to play on resonlineplus "tonight"/in like 15 hours or w/e or earlier

congregate in the showdown room or #circus on irc and we'l get a skype call going

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Bass / 7 PM PST or later / IRC: Forte (but I am rarely on IRC these days)

BTW I will continue to insist that Discord >>>>>> Skype, you can always use the web-client but I recommend the desktop client personally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)