New Team

Hi, after a long pokemon break i decided to make a team again.

Let's Go! (Sorry for my english)

The Team:

You see, i only use pokemon of the NU-Tier. I just want some challenge, i'm just bored of OU, even with that long pokemon break. I won't use any UU or OU pokemon, so please refer your suggestions to the NU-Tier :)
This team is very quick-made, so i know that there are some problems... anyway, i laddered pretty well with it so far!

Movesets:

Primeape (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Thunderpunch
- Ice Punch

The lead. In my opinion Primeape makes a very solid lead. It's fast, strong, and hits hard in the lategame.
Most of the time i just u-turn at the start, breaking sashs and bring in a pokemon that can deal with the lead, sometimes Wormadan-s, for laying down SR.
CC as the STAB-Move, U-Turn for scouting and breaking subs, TP against gyarados and IP for dragons and Gliscor.

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

After i got the lead, i thought of what i need next. So for dealing with Gyarados and Salamence i just chose Porygon2, because of its great ability.
It can deal with them easily, but its also very good for crippling pokemon via TW.
Thunderbolt and Ice Beam for bulky waters and dragons, and Recover to get some HP back.

Muk (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/176 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Brick Break
- Curse
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak / Rest

Well after chosen the first 2 Pokemon, the time was getting very short for me so i had to hurry. Something that can take hits and stand against Breloom, so there was Arbok, Weezing and Muk. Well i chose Muk, accidentally, with the Curse Set. I have to say it works pretty fine, had no match up against Breloom so far, but anyway, it's great typing and bulkyness makes it hard for my opponent to beat. It helped me alot with things like Scizor or Tyranitar, 2 big threats in the OU-Tier. And once you are able to set him up, your opponent is going to have big problems.
ATM im using Shadow Sneak over Rest, i needed it alot really, but sometimes i also wish that i have Rest. No Idea, i may try it out.
Brick Break to hit Heatran, Blissey and things, Poison Tab as the STAB-Move.

Quagsire (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Toxic

Beeing in hurry, i just thought a bulky water is needed. Mantine, Quagsire? Quagsire! To eat Electro Moves.
It walls Starmie perfectly, and it's my switch in into every water move, because of the Water-Absorb ability.
EQ as the STAB here, Ice Punch for dragons, Toxic to stall something to death. Recover for self-healing.

Wormadam-s (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Anticipation
EVs: 252 HP/128 Def/128 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Next thing that was needed, Stealth Rock. Not many good pokemon in the NU-Tier that are able to use it, and i needed something bulky that also has a nice synergie to the rest of the team, so i just tried out Wormadam-s. Well it does, what it has to do, but once i got SR down, i see that that thing is pretty useless xD. Anyway, i can switch it in to Draco Meteors and such things, just to sacrifice, and sometimes i do a successful toxic, also good.
Protect against Choicers and stalling.

Magmortar (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 84 Atk/172 Spd/252 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Thunderbolt
- Cross Chop
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Lava Plume

Last thing needed: a strong pokemon, with a great movepool to hit almost everything. Searched in the NU-Tier and found Magmortar. Just chose him directly because i had time problems, there was also Typhlosion, but i just went with him.
And Magmortar also helped me out alot, because of Lava Plume, against Metagross and things. Very important because my team had no Fire-Move to date.
TB for things like Vaporeon and Gyarados, HP [Ice] my answer against all the dragons again that are switching in, and Cross Chop against Blissey.

Yeah, that's it^^

i had 20 battles now and won 11, about 50/50 xD Anyway i do like this team, it's just fun to play :)

Problems I see:

1: No Taunt (i thought of Beedrill maybe, for Quagsire). But i have to say, i didnt need it so far, but always good to have, the situations will come where i wish i'd have taunt.

2: No Ghost-Type. I would like a safe switch in into Dynamicpunches and Close Combats... usually Muk does well, but i just dont like the confusion from Dynamicpunch, makes it hard to make any move. Drifblim and Sableye are the only 2 Ghosts in the NU-Tier, no idea how to bring them in my team.

3: No Roar/WW. Just not good against BP Teams for example, but also to roar away something that's setting up.

4: No flying pokemon, and also no pokemon that resists ground at least. I have problems to switch something into Earhquakes, Earthpowers.

5: No Grass Move, just wanna say: fucking Swampert :/

6: No Electro Pokemon, means Suicune is able to set up and own me, because Porygons TB is too weak. I would like to explode on Suicune, but there's also no pokemon for it xD

Peace Out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)