SS OU New to team building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, today I have built my first team in pokemon showdown. Could you tell me what's good about it and what doesn't work? I would also really aprreciate general tips for team-building.
Excadrill (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Body Press
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Teleport
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Toxic

Cinderace (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Court Change
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Taunt

Zeraora @ Metronome
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Play Rough
- Grass Knot

4 SpA Zeraora Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hippowdon: 230-272 (54.7 - 64.7%) -- not a KO
Has to use it 2 times will hippo one hit.
you have to take into account that they will switch into hippo to wall you and you can cripple hippo just by clicking grass knot. Tbh I know nothing about zeraora and have never used it.

Also 4 SpA Zeraora Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Seismitoad: 296-352 (71.4 - 85%) -- not a KO

I usually run Zeraora as a physical life orb with Plamsa fist, CC, Play Rough, and Blaze Kick. You don't stay in on a Hippowdon.

Drake_3001 you might want to refer to the forum rules, which say you should provide some information about why you picked the pokemon on your team and why you selected your move sets. It is hard to provide make suggestions w/o understanding what you are going for.

As is your team is a little confused. If you plan on setting up entry hazards w/ ferrothorn and excadrill to help zeraora sweep why do you have a court change cinderace.

Best of luck.

I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)