New UU Team (Newbie to Showdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

This is my first team i created and i have been doing pretty good with it (rating is about 1200 i think right now since i started). Won most, lost some.

What would you change or which thing(s) would improve my team?

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Recover
- Yawn

Just a standard physical wall and to catch incoming fire moves that threaten foretress, any water moves or other resisted stuff. Yawn to get rid of some annoying set up things.

Roserade (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Aromatherapy
- Sleep Powder

Hit hard and also can take some hits/annoy with sleep powder

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Just to do good special damage. But this is the Pokemon i am not satisfied with at all ... It just did not do much at all since i started using it.

Medicham @ Choice Band
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Bullet Punch
- Fire Punch

Physical attacker.

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Hurricane

my favourite: Can knock out very many pokemon with Draco meteor and hurrican.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Rocks/Spinner/Spikes and Gyro Ball for something to attack fairys for example or other stuff that is very fast/weak to steel.

Last edited:

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
seems like an okay team. i just want to say that you should run high jump kick on medicham. it pretty much smashes everything in its path bar ghost types. im also curious why you run no speed IVs on gastrodon. i would just run no attack IVs. also, i would run no attack IVs on roserade so it takes less damage from foul play and confusion

EDIT: ADD DESCRIPTIONS FOR YOUR POKEMON BEFORE JIRACHEE LOCKS THIS THREAD

Last edited:
Ok thanks. I thought getting some HP back might be a good deal.

I will try High Jump Kick (although it has a chance to miss and it is known to use this chance to miss and fck up my game hmmm...)

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
As ununhexium said the pros of hi jump kick generally beat the cons of it. With choice band it's going to do some serious damage that you will more than likely appreciate in the long run. As ununhexium also said with roserade, no attack IVs on your special attackers will help reduce the damage from foul play and confusion

Alrighty. I changed everything as you suggested.

What do you think of Manectric? I do not think it is worth using it in this team. Do not know why. It did not do ANYTHING at all. Maybe i change it to life orb Jolteon? Or Mega-Houndoom? But if i do so (Mega-Houndoom), then my team lacks some electric moves.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
youre gonna need to make your descriptions longer (3 lines at least).

Maybe replace Mega Manectric with Rotom-Heat. It can be the electric type you want and the fire type in the same place. Usually, I like the Specs/Scarf set but if youre a newbie you might prefer the non-choice attacker set. The link to the Rotom-Heat

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
yeah, you need at least three lines of descriptions for each one of your Pokemon. Try to describe the role of each Pokemon on your team, they way they deal with some threats, etc. so it makes it easier to rate it. PM me your updated descriptions and I'll unlock your thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)