Newark 1st time VGC Warstory

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this was my 1st vgc tournament and it had me so nervous for the whole tourney. I wore a coldplay shirt and had a nintendo world bag if anybody recognizes that. After 4 hours of sleep and a 4 1/2 hour car ride i finally made it to the expo center to stand in line for the next 3 hours.

My Team:
Abomasnow-Quiet @ chesto berry
Blizzard, Grass Knot, Ice Shard, Protect

Palkia- Timid @ lustrous orb
Spacial Rend, Blizzard, Earth Power, Protect

Giratina-Jolly @ choice scarf
shadow force, shadow claw, dragon claw, earth power

Tyranitar- Adament @ leftovers
Earthquake, Crunch, Stone Edge, Protect

I started making this team the day before the tournament. I finished palkia and giratina in the car ride and finished abomasnow while standing in line. I did not finish my 4th member so just took a pokemon already had ready for singles and put protect on it. Now on to the tournament.

r1- Feraligator, Heatran, Dusclops, Mewtwo
Guy led Feraligator and Heatran which i just destroyed, would have escaped without lossing a poke but he got a crit in.

r2- Palkia, Smeargle, Parasect, ???
up against a palkia and smeargle lead that had me a little scared but this is y i had a chesto berry on abomasnow to counter this and took out the smeargle with one blizzard

r3-cant remember the first 3 pokemon, but i remember his blissey which almost knocked me out. My ttar was burned and giratina was stuck on shadow claw but i killed it due to crunch lowering his defence 3-4 times.

r4- Groudon, Shiftry, Zapdos(not sure), Ho-oh

im the one on the right standing up
as soon as i saw shiftry and groudon come out i pretty much knew i had won. she was a good player but my team was an almost perfect counter for hers.

im the one sitting in the chair and u can also c chalkey in the team magma shirt and pocketcat in the blue shirt
So I'm in the finalist and cant believe it for my 1st tourney. I talk some ppl for a bit and then go out for some lunch and then return for the finals.

I was unlucky and did not get a bye so i now had to play 2 more rounds just to make top 16, which did not have me thrilled.

top64-

me waiting for them to finish the countdown
the guy led zapdos and electivire, which i thought it was interesting that he made it this far with that lead. cant remember rest of match.

top32- by this point my memory is getting fuzzy due to lack of sleep and only remember that after I won i congratulated the guy on getting this far with only one legendary which was rayquaza.

top16- cant believe i made it this far and still cant remember this match besides the fact that i won.

top8-

one more win and i get $300 travel money and a dsi. since the guy made it this far and i dont know if he wants to keep his team to be kept secret or not i will not mention his team. but the match ended with me making some mistakes and forgetting moves on some pokemon but even if i had of played at my best i still doubt whether i could have won, he was pretty,good. guys name was chalkey.

All in all I had a great time and met some people but wish i had talked to more. still cant believe i made top8 and got an inv to nationals. As of right now i will not be attending though, due to lack of transportation, will c if i can work something out but its not looking good.

heres a picture of pikachu just for the hell of it

Notes for next year:
-dont start making my team the day before tournament and only have 3/4 pokemon ready
-get more than 4 hours of sleep so i can focus better

Congratulations on getting so far! Better luck next time though! Too bad you didn't have your real team yet. I think I met you in the finalists lounge but I didn't really remember much of the Smogon names!

Congratulations on getting so far! Better luck next time though! Too bad you didn't have your real team yet. I think I met you in the finalists lounge but I didn't really remember much of the Smogon names!
ya i did talk to u, u were the jewish kid, right? i believe i talked to u a little bit after the tourney too.

Yeah, the Jewish person. Who had the story behind this name on Smogon involving my real name "Enosh".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)