SM OU Newer player team needs work

okay so I was at 1300 at one point and now i’m only at like 1100 so this team needs work and i think i might want to replace two pokemon also if i don’t sound like i know what i’m talking about it’s because i don’t. my team has a huge weakness to steel types so that’s a problem

Weavile (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Icicle Crash
weavile is my favorite pokémon and its speed is really helpful and i’ve taken out whole teams with it. but l often get trapped when someone sends out a steel type and my charizard already fainted then weavile gets destroyed same with fighting types

Azumarill (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
when i’m able to set up belly drum azumarill is pretty op with aqua jet but if i don’t get the opportunity to do so it’s kind of useless with its speed stat being the way it is

Sylveon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
this sylveon is really bulky which people don’t usually expect so i use it to heal my team and it also is really useful with hyper voice

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Fire Blast
azelf is my suicide lead which i’m thinking of replacing. i want my team to be more balanced and with azelf usually dying right off the bat its lacking in balance

Serperior (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]
contrary paired with leaf storm is op and it’s what i mainly use serperior for along with the surprise hidden power fire but i don’t really find myself using ledch seed or substitute so maybe those could be swapped out for more versatile moves
Charizard-Mega-X (F) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
charizard is essential to my team but i also feel like it’s a weakness. i need flare blitz to take out steel types which otherwise destroy my team and i need earthquake for heatran and other pokemon but charizard seems to die fast especially if the other player sets up stealth rock and the damage with flare blitz pretty much makes charizard a glass cannon.

i’m thinking of replacing azelf and charizard with pokemon that will give me more coverage and add versatility to the team. i need way more help against steel types and a less fragile lead that still has speed and can set up hazards please help

This team is a little all over the place. It looks set up to play a pretty traditional hyper-offence game, but from your notes on the team I doubt that's how you've been playing it. Aside from that, some of your choices are quite odd. There's no real speed control to speak of, Sylveon is horribly out of place, and it kind of looks like the team folds to any water resist.

Weavile is a wierd mon on this team. Weavile has one job in OU, and that's trapping choiced Psychic users with Pursuit. There's no reason to run it otherwise, as it's outclassed by various other fast attackers. This team doesn't look particularly weak to Latios, although I can see Lele being a problem.

Azu is oddly placed in the current metagame. Prevalence of Tapu Bulu makes sweeping incredibly difficult, and it struggles to break through when Psychic Terrain is up as well. It can partner well with Weavile, as Weavile can trap and weaken resists like Latios, but that's not really sufficient. With a metagame full of Tapu Koko, Kartana and the likes, its hard to find a setup opportunity for Azu unless you're on hard volt-turn or predicting like a god.

Sylveon is bad. There's no other way to put that. The metagame has solid steel attackers, and even neutral hits can break it with minimal setup. It doesn't compare well against other fat mons either. This team isn't looking like it wants fat so much as speed control, so I'd definitely replace this with either a scarfer or some powerful anti-lele measures.

Normally I'd suggest an alternative team here, but I'm not really sure what it is you're trying to do here. Almost all the mons on this team are heavily offensive choices, but you seem to be commenting on wanting to play balance. If you want to play balance, you should abandon this team and look up some sample teams to get some idea of how they work. If you want to play HO, replace Weavile, Serperior and Sylveon with threats that matchup to the metagame more effectively, and with an eye towards breaking down Azu's checks.

This team is a little all over the place. It looks set up to play a pretty traditional hyper-offence game, but from your notes on the team I doubt that's how you've been playing it. Aside from that, some of your choices are quite odd. There's no real speed control to speak of, Sylveon is horribly out of place, and it kind of looks like the team folds to any water resist.

Weavile is a wierd mon on this team. Weavile has one job in OU, and that's trapping choiced Psychic users with Pursuit. There's no reason to run it otherwise, as it's outclassed by various other fast attackers. This team doesn't look particularly weak to Latios, although I can see Lele being a problem.

Azu is oddly placed in the current metagame. Prevalence of Tapu Bulu makes sweeping incredibly difficult, and it struggles to break through when Psychic Terrain is up as well. It can partner well with Weavile, as Weavile can trap and weaken resists like Latios, but that's not really sufficient. With a metagame full of Tapu Koko, Kartana and the likes, its hard to find a setup opportunity for Azu unless you're on hard volt-turn or predicting like a god.

Sylveon is bad. There's no other way to put that. The metagame has solid steel attackers, and even neutral hits can break it with minimal setup. It doesn't compare well against other fat mons either. This team isn't looking like it wants fat so much as speed control, so I'd definitely replace this with either a scarfer or some powerful anti-lele measures.

Normally I'd suggest an alternative team here, but I'm not really sure what it is you're trying to do here. Almost all the mons on this team are heavily offensive choices, but you seem to be commenting on wanting to play balance. If you want to play balance, you should abandon this team and look up some sample teams to get some idea of how they work. If you want to play HO, replace Weavile, Serperior and Sylveon with threats that matchup to the metagame more effectively, and with an eye towards breaking down Azu's checks.

Yeah, this team is really all over the place. Azelf suicide leads sets are only really present in Hyper offensive teams, which this team is clearly not. Yet the team isn't really viable at all. Hell, it isn't. You really need a more balanced rocker say like Landorus-T. Weavile is really odd on this team, Slyveon's not good at all, and more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)