Project Next Best Thing: USUM UU (Week 45: Jellicent - Submissions)

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
Looks like Cookees has won the week with the only Hustle set submitted out of the vast 12 Togekiss sets. Congrats!

Cookees - 9
Kitten Milk - 5
DraconicLepus - 5
JustoonSmitts - 2
Brandon - 2
mashonem - 1

-------------------------------------------------------

Now that Sage is no longer stopping me from doing so, let's finally get to Klefki week! This keyring utilizes Prankster to the fullest and has a lot of nifty tools in its movepool. Good luck finding the Next Best Thing!

The following sets are blacklisted:
Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe (or HP/Def)
Careful / Calm Nature (or Impish/Bold)
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic / Magnet Rise / Reflect / Light Screen / Foul Play / Hidden Power Fire
- Play Rough / Dazzling Gleam / Foul Play

Klefki @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe (or HP/Def)
- Spikes / Thunder Wave
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Play Rough / Dazzling Gleam

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe (or HP/Def)
- Spikes
- Defog
- Imprison
- Play Rough / Dazzling Gleam / Foul Play

Please get your sets in by Friday, and have fun finding sets for this rather interesting Pokemon!

Last edited:

Givrix

Mad Dog
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Fairy Lock

Klefki @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fairy Lock
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough

I'm not sure if this is the most optimal set with this idea, feel free to send me a private message if you have some advices.

The main idea of this set is to craft a gameplan around the momentum. Fairy Lock allows Klefki to lock all Pokémons in the field for the next turn, and shed shell remove this drawback on your side. In other words, you can lock something for one turn and make sure that the opponent cannot double switch. Furthermore, if played well, you can trade your Klefki to trap kill something really annoying against your team, if Klefki dies after using Fairy Lock. The others moves are common on klefki, to maximize his efficiency overall.

Last edited:
SubCMind Klefki

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Dazzling Gleam

With this Klefki you can set up a Sub in front of the weakest special attackers (thanks to this good typing) and start to use Prankster CMinds. The EVs spread is focused on the special side in order to optize the low HP stat.
In the middle you can use the already-well-known SubToxic strategy.
Dazzling Gleam is the special STAB chosen in order to avoid being utterly Taunt-bait.

Last edited:

JustoonSmitts

I draw stuff for a living
is a Top Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
Klefki @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
IVs:
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Recycle
- Toxic
- Dazzling Gleam / Foul Play

I had to rack my brain to come up with a unique set and I think I've got it. This is an annoyer Klefki that takes advantage of its great defensive typing and ability. Sub up, then either Toxic a wall or fire some Dazzling Gleams or Foul Plays to punish setup sweepers. Recycle plus Figy Berry gives Klefki a form of recovery so it can keep setting up Substitutes.

Specs Klefki.png

Klefki @ Choice Specs
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Switcheroo
- Sleep Talk/Flash Cannon/Thunder Wave
This is a weird little set I thought up, mostly based on the idea of using a priority switcheroo with choice item. Klefki hits decently hard with specs dazzling gleam, while HP fire kills Scizor and does decent damage to other steels. Switcheroo is to give an opposing pokemon choice specs utilizing prankster's speed to do so, creating psuedo speed control. The last slot can be a number of options. Sleep Talk to punish spore users and launch off random priority attacks while asleep. Flash Cannon for a reliable secondary STAB, or thunder wave to catch switches and/or provide speed control after Klefki hands it's item off. The EVS are to maximize SpA and outspeed Scizor while funneling the rest into HP for durability.

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam / Flash Cannon
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Alright, so, a calm mind klefki, being able to utilize its great defensive typing, with access to many moves that are affected by its ability prankster, lets it reliably get off calm mind boosts and recovery in rest with sleep talk allowing it to still use calm mind or one of its two stabs, fairy stab in dazzling gleam in general being superior.

Darksafadao

best of the second options
And with this, we have this week's contestants!

Klefki @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fairy Lock
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Dazzling Gleam

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Swagger
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute

Klefki @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
IVs:
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Recycle
- Toxic
- Dazzling Gleam / Foul Play

Klefki @ Choice Specs
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Switcheroo
- Sleep Talk/Flash Cannon/Thunder Wave

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam / Flash Cannon
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This voting stage will last until Sunday. Good luck to all!

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I’m a fan of JustoonSmitts set. The ability to repeatedly switch in on Dragons like Lati/Hydreigon and not be worn down due to constant recycle recovery is super cool. Big fan of dazzling gleam on the set too, hitting the dark/dragon types is for sure better than FP. Sub is also cool in the event Krookodile is in front of you and predicts your switch to lets say rotom-H and goes for knock, which does unfortunately break the sub BUT provides excellent scouting.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
Givrix has this competition on lock....Fairy lock. Congrats, your set will be added to the hall of fame!

Givrix's Fairy Lock Klefki - 8
JustoonSmitts's SubRecycle Klefki - 4
PapaBisexual's SwagPlay Klefki - 1

-----------------------------------------------

We've got a bit of an unorthodox one for this round.
Krookodile may not seem too versatile at a glance, but it's got a lot of hidden secrets, and this project's going to do its best to coax them out to the public eye.

The following sets are blacklisted:
Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate (/ Moxie)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge / Superpower

Krookodile @ Rocky Helmet / Groundium Z / Black Glasses / Steelium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt / Pursuit / Iron Tail

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge / Superpower

Submissions are due by Friday. Good luck!

Last edited:

JustoonSmitts

I draw stuff for a living
is a Top Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
551_sandile_krokorok_krookodile_justoon_smitts.jpg

**artwork by me**

Krookodile @ Normalium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Me First
- Earthquake
- Power Trip
- Pursuit / Stone Edge

This set is meant as a late-game sweeper. Me First powered by Normalium Z boosts Krookodile's Speed by two stages, allowing it to outpace even a choice Scarfed variant and allowing it to fire off a powerful Z-move. Krookodile can easily boost its Attack with Moxie, further boosting the move Power Trip. Earthquake is STAB with more consistency. Pursuit traps Pokemon like Latias, Gengar, and Chandelure, potentially allowing it to boost with Moxie. Stone Edge on the other hand allows it to nail Togekiss, which resists both of its STABs.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)