Nexus Stall

Well hello everyone .Everyone knows me as a offensive player and i wanted to try something new .I wanted to do Stal in gen 5 and this was the result .Credits to ooka and PBC for the eRMT ! Nice job ^_^ RMT'ing is no more the headache like it was

Proof of success :

@ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 192 HP / 136 Def / 180 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
Ferrothorn is My lead and its the best Lead as well. Usually Main job is to get down SR and move away or leech seed stall if possible .Against Geno leads use protect.If they flamethower switch to tentacruel and set up toxic spikes.If they U-Turn Use Stealth Rocks.Against Taunt Leads JUn gyro ball them and Politoad leads are easy as even if they use hypnosis Blissey can heal bell

EV's: 192 HP reaches the highest Leftovers number And Rest to Make both Defensive stats evenPokemon's description here...

@ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 144 HP / 152 Def / 196 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Rest
- Toxic Spikes
- Venoshock
Tenta is my main rapid spinner and my toxic spiker .Rapid spinning is important for you to stall successfully and hence i gave it rest Which can be cured by Blissey's Heal bell .Usually set up toxic spikes and its death fodder or if against rain teams , With rain dish it hsa the power to 6-0 rain as well with venoshock doubling in power due to toxic spikes.

EV's: 144 HP reaches the highest Leftovers numbers while also granting it average defenses
okemon's description here...

@ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
- Roost

Here comes Skarmbliss .No I'm not adicted to skarmbliss .This is the First time im using it in gen 5 and it works Wonders .If you see the usage statistics Most of the top 20 threats are physical like Garchomp ,Breloom,Excadrill etc. It's my main counter to sand and dont let it die vs sand or Your screwedn's description here...

@ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Def / 232 SDef
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
- Softboiled
- Toxic
First of Why BlissFag over chansFag? Cuz i have a Tyranitar which Brings out sand .So losing out on lefties sucks .This blissey holds the team together Heal bell to keep the team Healthy And Toxic Screws those Birds who Think their Safe from Toxic spikes

EV's: 25 HP for lefties number ,and Rest in defenses

@ Leftovers
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 112 HP / 144 Def / 252 SDef
- Toxic
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
MY spin blocker .The jelly :D Screws the common spinners such as starmie , donphan , Fortress And tenta can be slowly Wore down by shadow ball .If he Toxic'ed you dont worry you can Heal with blissey. My main counter Vs Infernape\Blaziken\Keldeo - The demises of stall

EV's: 112HP for lefties numbers ( I feel the One HP gained recovery per turn helps in some cases) and rest in defenses

@ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Why Tyranitar on stall team ? Well this is the Thing that beats those anti stallers.Have trouble beating espeon use CB pursuit which one shots it even after reflect ; +6 magic Gurad reuniclus? Use CB crunch which one shots it And Many more cases Tyranitar Helps beat some dangerous pokes

Ev's: Max attack adamant to OHKO Renuiclus and Rest in Sp.def to take some hits

Threats:
Excadrill- Go to Skarmory set up 1 spikes and phaze it away
Conkeldurr- Go to Skarm and phaze it away immediately
Hydreigon- Blissey can take hits and seismic toss the switch in
Volcarona- switch to tyranitar and Stone edge .It can take a hit .If it faints and no toxic spikes is up depend on blissey and jellicent to take it down
Terrakion-skamory and phaze it away
Landorus- Skarmory and ferrothorn and set up entry hazards
Chandelure- BAN!
Haxorus- Skarm can set up 3 layers of spikes roost and phaze it away
Virizion- Special by blissey and physical by Skarmory Toxic spikes helps too
Thundurus- Blissey can keep Chipping its health or ferro .If taunt use blissey
Scrafty- Skarmory can eat them all day
Reuniclus- CB tar go ohko with crunch
Victini- Rare but jelicent can wall it
Mienshao- Skarmory can take hits all day also switch to jellicent on the prdicted High jump kick
Darmanitan- Risky powerful mon .Usually tenta can handle it
Keldeo- Jelly too pro
Genesect- Scarfed U-turners are annoying As it has no counter except than switching
Tornadus- Blissey
Latias- Tyranitar and pursuit .OR blissey as back up
Garchomp-Skarm can take it all day
Salamence- Risky but DD handled by skarm if no fireblast other wise try to phaze it and wear it down with SR
Cloyster- Skarmory can take a +2 Icicle splear and phaze it away for hazards to kil it
Politoed- Ferrothorn and jelly
Venusaur- Special and physical by skarm and bliss and also ferro
Ninetails- Tyranitar ohkoes with pursuit
Toxicroak-skarm anbd phaze it
Breloom- Skarm and phaze it
Ditto- Fuck you .Your useless vs stall
Scizor- Skarmory and jelly and tenta
Ludicolo- jelly , tenta and ferro
Metagross- skarmory
Infernape- jelly and tenta
Heatran- blissey
Dragonite- skarmory and jelly
Whimsicott- ferro (Im getting bored of this)
Jirachi- Skarmory
Rotom-W- blissey
Gyarados- skarmory
Suicune- Jelly
Kabutops- Skarmory
Tyranitar- Skarmory if firblast go to blissey
Gliscor-Go to skarm and phaze it

The only thing this team cannot wall is Electivire .Help with that is appreciated

Looking at your threat list I don't see any reason to give Jellicent Toxic over WoW. Overall WoW is a much better option for Jellicent as it can also afflict Poison and Steel types. WoW can possibly save you from getting swept by many physical sweepers trying to set up on it. And most of the Fire-types you can cover with Scald. So you should replace Shadow Ball for Scald. The only reason I see as to why you chose Shadow Ball is because of, "The jelly :D Screws the common spinners such as starmie , donphan , Fortress And tenta can be slowly Wore down by shadow ball." Jellicent with Scald and WoW itself can handle Donphan, Forretress, and Tentacruel. While there isn't much importance for giving Jellicent Ice Beam either when you have WoW to cripple Dragonite, Haxorus, etc. Which Ice Beam won't even KO most of the times. Replacing it with Taunt will help you counter other stall teams as well. And instead of investing so much EVs on SpDef, it's better to invest more EVs on it's defense. Or you're just giving yourself a clear road sweep when your opponent has something like a Dragon Dance Dragonite in the end and Whirlwinding rendered futile.

Replace Earthquake from your CB Tyranitar for Superpower. Tyranitar has nothing else to inflict significant damage on Ferrothorns, Fighting-types, Pokemon holding Balloon like Excadrill, etc. You don't want to give them a free switch. While Earthquake doesn't provide much importance. Maybe for something like a physically defensive Jirachi (which isn't that popular and CB Crunch does a good amount of damage).

For Ferrothorn lead, I don't see much use of Gyro Ball. It's much better to give it Power Whip for more PP and not getting swept by something like a Taunt DD Gyarados (which your team looks like it can be easily swept by). And this is a Dream World team, so even a Sheer Force SD Feraligatr is able to sweep your whole team when you've given your Ferrothorn Gyro Ball and your Jellicent lacking WoW.

Hope that helps.

Actually, 252 hp ferrothorn also reaches a leftovers number as well as getting more overall bulk, so you should do that.

On jellicent, I'd use a spread of calm 252 hp, 160 def and 96 speed with taunt/WoW/surf/recover to counter gliscor and also do well against opposing defensive teams. Everything else has been covered by eternal.

Why do you have Rain Dish on your Tentacruel when you're not running Drizzle Politoed? It doesn't make any sense. I know it's meant to be a counter to rain teams, but it's a little silly to assume that it will 6-0 all rain teams, since most teams out there, rain or otherwise, pack at least a Steel or two, which completely walls your Tentacruel. It's also counterintuitive to pack an ability to capitalize on a weather effect you aren't putting into play. Just switch it to Liquid Ooze to stop Leech Seed, Giga Drain, and Drain Punch users, especially since the latter two are much more common in the new meta. Additionally, rain teams may be liable to pack more Steels than normal due to rain counteracting their Fire weakness. Also, if you want insurance against rain teams and their scary double-STAB water moves, you may want to run Water Absorb on Jellicent.

I could see the combination of Magnezone and a strong Physical threat giving you a huge amount of trouble. Once Skarmoury is dead, things look like they would fall apart at the seams, so to speak. Excadrill can set up on everything but Tyranitar locked into EQ and once Skarm is gone, Drill really hurts you. +2 EQ obviously kills Cruel, Blissey and Tyranitar with no difficulty, and Ferrothorn can't touch it and is easily eliminated by zone anyway. Obviously Chandelure can also do the same thing. Though losing lefties hurts, I think Skarmoury really warrants a shed shell. It's too important as a check to physical attackers to be trapped.

One threat you have not addressed is NP Lucario.
No one's immediate switch to Lucario would be Blissey, so by the time you figure out it is a special variant, chances are it's at +2 already. To give you an example of the power of Lucario here is a calculation:
Lucario +2 Modest/252/LO Aura Sphere vs. Blissey +0 Calm/24/232 = 69.4 - 81.6 %
so assuming your Blissey has taken even a little prior damage, and the fact that it can only damage with SToss, this does not look good.
Your other special walls do not fare better, the same Lucario does 44.8 - 52.8 % with Shadow Ball to Tentacruel, who is nearly unable to damage it, probably resulting in Lucario gaining more boots.
Jellicent does not fare better, and although I was unable to run a calculation, it too cannot really damage Lucario.
One thing I might suggest would be to run T-wave over Toxic on Blissey, in order to stall out with Stoss and Softboiled + LO recoil. Other than that, I am leaving the ratings to those more qualified, just thought I'd point out a prominent threat to this team.

Ok Thanks Eternal,Blue star,Max,Flygon and B-c .I Tweaked the Team to :

Changing Ferrothorn To:

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 208 Def / 56 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Protect
- Swords Dance

Changing CB tar to :

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Roar
- Recover

Changed Jellicents Moveset thanks eternal . After the change In 20 Battles I've had 15 6-0's and Am yet to loe .My fighting weakness is fixed too .By Tentacruel beating rain i didnt mean it beating it alone .It can set up toxic spikes and help the team ;That's what i meant .Now with Gliscor I don't see any opne sweeping my team And i have handled Everything easily so far

Hi Nexus,

I think the underlying flaw with your stall team is that your trying to mix two different defensive cores. The first one, which I believe you ought to keep seeing as how after skimming through your threat list they covered just about every threat, is the SkarmBliss + Bulky Water combo. The second is the new and improved JelliThorn + Poison Heal Gliscor. While both work extremely well, I believe that the coverage they offer kind of becomes redundant.

If you do decide to remove Gliscor + Jellicent I would suggest the addition of another physical bulky water, for example Slowbro, and the addition of a status absorber/abuser, whch could be whoever you like. Slowbro is kind of Jellicent + Gliscor in one Pokemon. Another status absorber will alleviate the burden on Blissey to absorb every status move.

While you think you may need a spin blocker, Rapid Spin isn't the same as it was in 4th gen. Many now tend to ignore the entry hazards, seeing as how powerful Pokemon could just blast holes through teams. If you really want hazards off you could try Xatu/Espeon, seeing as they counter status and can handle the Fighting moves Blissey can't, Xatu being 4x resistant, and Blissey is immune to Ghost and can handle most Dark moves, except maybe from Bisharp and Tyranitar.

GL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)