Sports NFL Thread: 2021-2022 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its also pretty clear now that "running the ball and playing good defense" is a dead old adage used by football boomers.

You can't win in the postseason without the QB and good pass catchers.
People love to wonder if that was Brady's last game. Folks, I have some bad news for you. That man is playing until he absolutely can't anymore and he very obviously still can play.
Its never been a question of if he can still play. He can play for 5 more years if he wanted.

Its a question of everything around him

What does his wife want?

How much of his personal life does he want to give up?

If Leftwich leaves does he really want to build a rapport with another OC?

If Chris Godwin leaves does he really want to bring along younger receiver(s)?

How good will the team be next year and what are the bucs gonna do to improve the team?

Last edited:

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
running the ball and playing good defense can still take you places, just ask the 49ers (or the Titans for that matter). But running the ball the old fashioned way doesn't cut it anymore unless you have an outlandish freak like Derrick Henry.

running the ball and playing good defense can still take you places, just ask the 49ers (or the Titans for that matter). But running the ball the old fashioned way doesn't cut it anymore unless you have an outlandish freak like Derrick Henry.
Running the ball in any way basically doesn't cut it anymore. For running backs, pass protection and catching the ball are more important than YPC.

Teams without good QBs have such a massive disadvantage when playing some of these god QBs in the league now.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
that's what he gets for trying to make a big fucking deal about it instead of just coming out and saying it

Seeing the Chiefs knocked on their asses when they tried to get cute with the Bengals was immensely satisfying. Have some humble pie and everyone gtfo of Stafford's way plz. Let's get this man a ring

TheEaterOfBergs

Pro Wrestling is the Best in the World.
I'ma slap down the Prediction of Bengals winning 27-24 on a last second field goal from McPherson.

LETS GO BENGALS! The Kitty will indeed go meow.

It had to be the Rams. No way they have an easier path next year. Stafford had a one of his patented two minute comebacks as the run game failed him and OBJ got injured. Bengals will be back I'm sure

TheEaterOfBergs

Pro Wrestling is the Best in the World.
Big win for Stafford and the Rams, finally got that monkey off his back. Shame the Bengals didn't win but they'll be back.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Shame the Bengals didn't win but they'll be back.
Tom Brady and Bill Belichick spoiled everyone’s expectations about what a normally good football team can do. There is no guarantee they will ever be back to the super bowl. Cam and the Panthers went once. The Falcons never made it back. The Eagles won and never got to a championship game again since. The Packers have been loaded for a decade and have never made it. Mahomes and the Chiefs are The closest to threatening repeat appearances and still they were ousted this year. The Seahawks went twice and haven’t been close since. The Rams went a second time only after mortgaging their next three years. The only team who has had repeat success on that scale was Quarterbacked by the best to ever do it, AND coached by the best to ever do it. They made it look routine but believe me it is HARRRRRRDDDDDDDD. This bengals team has 2-3 years now to make a run and they have stiff competition in the AFC with the Bills and Chiefs and if the Ravens can stabilize they can be a threat too. And the Chargers can play upset and the Patriots are just good enough to play spoiler in the playoffs. After this window too many players are going to depart to free agency, and they’ll have to restructure the whole thing.

I'm officially announcing that if Tom Brady does not return to football again I will officially take my shitposting talents and rooting allegiances to the Chargers fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)