Nico, nico, nii~! (Kommo-o) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 216 HP / 76 Def / 216 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Kommo-o is one of the most defensive pokemon in this entire tier, it is the 3rd/4th and if you look at some Smogon Tour 30 replays, you will most definitely encounter a player using Kommo-o. Kommo-o is a good pokemon to use because it can pressure common entry removers like Mandibuzz, Excadrill, Corviknight. It can also pressure the common pokemon on Sun teams, like Venusaur, this pokemon best fits on the balanced teams. It synergizes very, very well with Wish Clefable, as stated on the analysis, which is the reason I put it on the team!

:ss/clefable:

Anata no HAATO (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Teleport
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Aromatherapy

As stated above, this pokemon synergizes well with our lead which is Kommo-o, so it's on the team of course, I put Aromatherapy instead of Protect because burns and paralysis is major for this team. It's also a very great utility provider to many teams, a status absorber and more. It lures pokemon like Excadrill, but Kommo-o and Mandibuzz can take care of it which is why it fits on this team. It's also a very good check to Urshifu, as Urshifu breaks Zeraora, which is our main pivot on this team, and Scizor as well, with CC and Wicked Blow, it's greatest STABs.

:ss/aegislash:

ni nico nico (Aegislash) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- Close Combat

As I have stated in the OU Viability Ranking, Aegislash can break through alot of the walls this team has trouble with, just like Toxapex, Tangrowth, Amoonguss just using Shadow Ball, it can also take care of Blissey coming in using CC. Aegislash is a great mon due to it's amazing stats and ability. This was the reason why It went to Ubers last gen. I picked it for this team because due to it's amazing Special Attack in Blade Forme, and when paired with Choice Specs, it becomes one of the most powerful wallbreaker this tier has.

:ss/mandibuzz:

Egao todokeru (Mandibuzz) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 44 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Mandibuzz is our defogger, because I think this team is really pressured by them, only 2 of my mons have HDB, another one is immune, and that leaves 3 of my mons to be pressured. Mandibuzz is here because it is able to check Excadrill, and it has great bulk along with alot of utility moves. It checks Urshifu too. Like i said, Urshifu bullies 2 of our mons, Scizor and Zeraora. Since Kommo-o and Clefable can absorb the weaknesses that Mandibuzz has, it synergizes really well with them. Mandibuzz cannot be crippled by powder moves and damage like Sandstorm and Hail which makes it a hard mon to break through so easily.

:ss/zeraora:

yaga o nico (Zeraora) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Zeraora is a great offensive pivot due to it having the greatest speed stat in the whole tier, and it helps our 1st breaker, which is Aegislash, by taking away, Dragapult, which may have Flamethrower or Phantom Force. This set is mostly used on offensive and bulky teams. With our next friend, Scizor, and Mandibuzz, it can keep up great momentum, to chip the pokemon that Aegislash may need help with to break. It's great with Spikes support but unfortunately, we dont have that, but Stealth Rocks instead, which is still useful.

:ss/scizor:

nico! (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Superpower

Our last pokemon happens to be a great pokemon, that should fit on the team. Scizor is very offensive, and can send pokemon into the graveyard. Early game, Scizor can weaken the opponent's pokemon just by mainly using U-turn on everything, and can also keep the momentum aswell using that also. Mid-Late game, Scizor is capable of sweeping atleast 2-4 pokemon with Bullet Punch. However, pokemon like Clefable can have a move like flamethrower to kill Scizor, and it's definitely has happened before, the unexpected happens sometimes, and it's okay. To conclude, Scizor is a great breaker, and it surprises alot of players just by 2HKOing alot of other mons, just using Bullet Punch.

If you guys think that I should change anything, feel free to rate the team, and reply with any changes and greatest weaknesses to the team.
:blobthumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi majority,
I like the defensive Backbone of this team a lot! Aegislash is a nice addition that helps you deal with fairies ans Kyurem. To help Aegi check those better, I would invest a Bit into its Defense however. I don't know how much atk EVs you need for blissey, but I guess you can shift some to HP for that purpose.

Looking further into possible bad matchups, I see a weakness to Volcarona running psychic for Kommo-o. The member you can probably replace the most is Scizor, since Im not sure what it adds to the team as a whole. I would run a mon with banded Aqua Jet to take care of Volc. I guess I'd prefer Urshifu to keep the U-turn momentum (run Jet, Surging Strikes, Close Combat ans U-turn with Max Speed Max Attk Adamant).
This adds another powerful breaker on the physical side. Hope you like this change.

Good luck laddering!
Other than that: cool team!

Hi majority,
I like the defensive Backbone of this team a lot! Aegislash is a nice addition that helps you deal with fairies ans Kyurem. To help Aegi check those better, I would invest a Bit into its Defense however. I don't know how much atk EVs you need for blissey, but I guess you can shift some to HP for that purpose.

Looking further into possible bad matchups, I see a weakness to Volcarona running psychic for Kommo-o. The member you can probably replace the most is Scizor, since Im not sure what it adds to the team as a whole. I would run a mon with banded Aqua Jet to take care of Volc. I guess I'd prefer Urshifu to keep the U-turn momentum (run Jet, Surging Strikes, Close Combat ans U-turn with Max Speed Max Attk Adamant).
This adds another powerful breaker on the physical side. Hope you like this change.

Good luck laddering!
Other than that: cool team!
Okay, thanks! I happen to agree on this, so i will change it

Also, I would say Max Attack isn't that useful, you can use the following set on Aegislash:
Shadow Ball
Shadow Sneak
Substitute
Toxic
With Max HP and Max Speed, you can live a Overheat from Rotom with 2% and then hit it with a Shadow Ball and then maybe finish it off with a Shadow Sneak :)

Also, I would say Max Attack isn't that useful, you can use the following set on Aegislash:
Shadow Ball
Shadow Sneak
Substitute
Toxic
With Max HP and Max Speed, you can live a Overheat from Rotom with 2% and then hit it with a Shadow Ball and then maybe finish it off with a Shadow Sneak :)
Terrible idea, Aegi is just stuck in sword mode after one attack

Back