NOC (NOC-ish) Classic Reworked Signups (Closed)!!!

This is a NOC with some OC elements based off of the Classic setup from Town of Salem - That's right: NO VTs. It will work as a 12p and 14p setup, but can be a 10p if more players cannot be found.

And yes, I have seen the previous Town of Salem-based game and saw that it had quite a few problems. Here is what I did to avoid those:
1: I've removed the Town of Salem wiki and forums from this entirely - The roles you see in the Role List are the only ones in this game and the powers I have listed for them are they only ones they have, regardless of what the wiki says
2: This game has significantly less randomness than the other one. That game was based off of the Ranked mode, which is very random and hard to deal with. Classic is much less random and I have decreased the randomness further by limiting the options for the last slot
3: I've also removed roles that do not translate well to a forum setting or would otherwise make the game extremely complicated like Investigator
4: I've already released role PMs - the descriptions in the role list are the role PMs
5: Town of Salem has become much more balanced since then and Classic is a very balanced format

You may have noticed above that I said there were some OC elements. These are VERY important as no other
1: All communication must be on Smogon PM and I must be added to all communications- this is so I can effectively monitor all conversations to make sure they follow the following rules
2: Town members cannot communicate with anyone at night, but they can message people one on one and only one on one during the day with anyone regardless of faction
3: Mafia members can communicate only as a whole group during the night, and during the day they can talk only one on one with anyone regardless of faction
4: Executioner, Jester, and Serial Killer all follow the same rules as the Town
5: No one can talk in the thread at night

PLEASE read this as there are clear and important differences that are bolded
General Rules/Game Etiquette
  1. Obey all site-wide rules.
  2. Communication outside the thread is allowed as per the rules above
  3. You may not quote private communication at any time, real or fabricated. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  4. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum PMs or contrary to the rules listed
Activity/Prods/Replacements
  1. Prods of missing players will be issued after 24 hours of no activity.
  2. A prodded player has 24 hours to respond to the prod, after which time a replacement search will begin. The prodded player may re-enter the game so long as no replacement has been found.
  3. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
  4. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than 24 hours please PM let me, the host, know.
  5. I reserve the right to force replace players at my own discretion.
  6. If a 10 or 12 player setup is used and there were 11 or 13 people signed up, the extra person will be the first replacement
Deadlines
  1. Deadlines for this game will be 3 or 2 (Vote in Signup Post) days for Day Phases. Night Phases will last 2 days.
  2. Players may request an early end to the Night Phase by PM'ing me. Night will be cut short if all players request it.
  3. Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.
  4. If you have a role with a Night action or Day action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
Player Actions/Voting/Player Death
  1. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline, it will automatically result in a No Lynch
  2. If there's a tie, it will also result in a No Lynch
  3. I am still in school, so I may not notice hammers for multiple hours after they happen, so please take it upon yourselves to stop conversation in the thread. Outside conversations all stop until I announce night has started. I will try to be as prompt as possible, but please have patience
  4. Votes must be bolded to be counted .
  5. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes, but please unbold your previous lynch
  6. No Lynch is an option, but remember a lack of majority will do this for you
  7. Votes made using nicknames or abbreviations will be counted at my discretion. Fake vote gambits should be executed at your own peril. If I think its a vote, then its a vote.
  8. Dead people can only talk in the dead chat allotted for the phase. There will be more rules about this later.
Miscellaneous
  1. Don't impersonate me. No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed.
  2. Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to my discretion and will be handled as I see fit on a case-by-case basis.

Jailor - Town - Once during the day, you may pick someone to interrogate during the night. A thread will be created during the night between them and me. They will not be able to talk with anyone else. You may give me a list of 3 questions to ask them. Your questions can be anything you want, even "What is your Role?" (Warning: Prisoners do not have to answer truthfully). I will give you their answers and you may choose to execute them. If you execute them, they will die regardless of their defense. You have 3 executions, but if you execute a town member, you lose all of them. If you jail the Serial Killer, but do not execute them, you will be killed and informed they were the one who killed you.

Cop (Alignment) - Town - You can investigate 1 person each night. You will learn if they are Town, Mafia, or a Serial Killer. The Executioner, Godfather, and Jester all show up as Town

Doctor - Town - You may heal one person each night. This will save them from a Serial Killer or Mafia attack or a Veteran shot, but not a Jailer execution or a Jester haunt. You may heal yourself, but only once.

Medium - Town - You may speak to the dead at night - you will be part of their Night Dead Chat. They may speak with you freely about everything they know from the game. Once you are dead, you may choose to seance with one living person once - a thread will be created with them for the night. This does not stop any other communications they may have.

Godfather - Mafia - Leader of the mafia. You help to choose the mafia night kill. You have simple night immunity, meaning the only way for you to die at night is to be executed by the Jailor, haunted by the Jester, or shot by a Veteran. You can be lynched during the day. If someone tries to kill you that can't bypass your defense, they will be sent a note saying your defense was too high to kill. To the Cop, you are a member of the town.

Mafia Roleblocker- Mafia - a Member of the Mafia. You help to choose the mafia night kill. You may pick one person each night to roleblock, and they cannot perform their night action. This will not stop a Jailor from jailing, but it will stop them from executing. If you roleblock the Serial Killer, you will die and receive a message that you were killed by the Serial Killer you visited. If you are the last remaining mafia member, you will become a Mafioso.

Executioner - Neutral - You will receive a target that is Town but not the Jailor. Your job is to get them lynched at all costs - if they are lynched, you win, no matter what happens after that. You have simple night immunity, meaning the only way for you to die at night is to be executed by the Jailor, haunted by the Jester, or shot by a Veteran. You can be lynched during the day. If someone tries to kill you that can't bypass your defense, they will be sent a note saying your defense was too high to kill. If your target dies at night, you become a Jester. To the Cop, you are a member of the Town

Roleblocker - Town - You may pick one person each night to roleblock, and they cannot perform their night action. If you roleblock the Serial Killer, you will die and receive a message that you were killed by the Serial Killer you visited.

Mafioso - Mafia - You are a member of the Mafia. You help to choose the mafia night kill. If the Godfather dies, you become the Godfather.

Lookout - Town - You may watch the house of one person each night. You will know the names of every person that visits them, but not what they did. You may also watch yourself. A doctor healing themself, a veteran alerting (but they will kill you), or a Jailor executing will show them visiting themself.

Serial Killer - Neutral (Not included in 10p) - You may choose to kill one person each night. You have simple night immunity, meaning the only way for you to die at night is to be executed by the Jailor, haunted by the Jester, or shot by a Veteran. You can be lynched during the day. If someone tries to kill you that can't bypass your defense, they will be sent a note saying your defense was too high to kill. If you are jailed and not executed or a roleblocker visits you, you will target them instead. The only way for you to win is for all Mafia and Town to die

Vigilante OR Veteran - Both Town (Not included in 10p)
Vigilante - You may choose to shoot someone every night after Night 0. You have 3 shots, but if you shoot a Town member, you will not be able to shoot and you will die the night after
Veteran - You may choose to go on alert each night. If you do, you will shoot every person who visits you, regardless of faction or defense. You have 3 alerts

Jester - Neutral (Not included in 10 or 12p) - Your goal is to be lynched at all costs. If you do, you win and may choose to haunt someone who voted for you the night after. This will kill them, regardless of faction or defense. To the Cop, you are a member of the Town

Vigilante OR Veteran OR Cop OR Doctor OR Lookout - All town (Not included in 10 or 12p)

Other important Information:
At the start of the day, the deaths will be announced along with how they died (killed by SK/Maf , shot by a Vigilante, died of guilt, etc.), their role will be announced, and their Last Will will be released

Last Wills: You may write a last will to be released upon your death. This will be your first post in your Role PM + Action PM and can be edited up until the moment you receive notice of your death. I am trusting you not to edit it after that. If I figure out you did, I will not include you in dead chat and will not release your will. Anything may be included in your will - results, speculations, etc. If you are Mafia, DO NOT INCLUDE THE OTHER MEMBERS OF THE MAFIA IN YOUR WILL. THAT IS GAMETHROWING.

Dead Chats: When you die, you will be added to both dead chats. One dead chat is the Day Dead Chat and once is the Night Dead Chat. The Night Dead Chat will also include the Medium(s). Remember, the Medium is a member of the Town, so if you are dead Mafia, be careful what you say. Tricking the Medium(s) is allowed and encouraged. Do not speak in the Day Dead Chat during the Night or Visa Versa.

Mafia Visit Mechanics: Some roles like the Lookout or Veteran see or kill visitors to a target or themselves. When the Mafia attacks, it is the Mafioso who will be seen as visiting or will be killed for visiting. If the Mafioso is dead but the Godfather is still alive, the Godfather will be seen as visiting or will be killed for visiting.

Mafia Roleblock Mechanics: When all members of the mafia are alive or only the Mafia Roleblocker is dead, the mafia cannot be roleblocked. If there is no living Mafioso but there is a living Godfather, the mafia kill will be blocked if the Godfather is roleblocked. If there is no living Godfather but there is a living Mafioso, the mafia kill will be blocked if the Mafioso is roleblocked.

Jailor-Mafia Interactions: If the Jailor jails a member of the mafia, the rest of the mafia will be notified that a member of the mafia is jailed and who it is. The jailed mafia member MAY NOT IN ANY CASE talk in the mafia night chat. If there is only one Mafia Killing role alive (Mafioso or Godfather) and they are jailed, the mafia doesn't get to kill.

Win Conditions: Town wins when all Mafia and the SK are dead. Mafia wins when the SK is dead and they outnumber the town. SK wins when all Mafia and Town are dead

Signups will close when we hit 14 people or when we aren't getting any more signups. Please vote for a 2-day or 3-day day phase in your signup post (I need the 2-day night for Jailor questions and answers). Game will start on N0, and Mafia WILL get a kill. Good Luck!

Signups:
Jalmont
Nuxl
Former Hope
Leonard (from big bang theory)
OM Room
Duskfall
MoodyCloud
Vooper

Last edited:
Yes, you technically could, but then sk and maf would be able to pick off important roles like the doctor and the cop quickly and the random roles would make odds higher of lynching town. This strategy is extremely dangerous, especially if maf claims important roles like doc and you lynch the actual doc

In.

Heyyyy guys! I'm baaack! Idk if that's ok but no one gave me any notice so far on my comeback thread. So I assume that I can join this game.

Have a nice day... or night!

Exene

Exene,

Look, I wasn't around when you got banned so I have no idea what you did. However, the fact that I wasn't there means it is in no way my place to decide if you should be allowed back. Given that there is no comment from Circus staff yet, I would say it is up to the other players in this game who were here when you got banned to decide if they are comfortable letting you back for this game. I appreciate that you want to play, but I think this is the proper move at the moment until more people who were here back then have decided whether or not they trust you enough to let you back in

No one here knows me well enough today for saying if I should get back to play or not. But anyone I've ever met on Circus can tell that I never lied or broke a promise to them.

If I promise you that I will respectful to others, will you reconsider my registration?

Sorry, that just isn’t my decision to make. You’re just going to have to wait for an official verdict from the staff.

To all in the game, I’m going to start the game with an 8p setup if there are no more signups in the next two days

Alright, no more signups so I will be running the 8-person setup. Days will be 3 days and the game will begin with D1 (this is a change bc there are only 2 maf members now). There are some important rule changes for an 8p setup so PLEASE read the rules. Game thread will be up soon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)