NOC Medieval Mafia - Game Over: Majora's Maskians Win

Askaninjask: Hasn't done anything suspicious other than wanting to end the day early, but that's more likely a sign of a fed-up villager rather than scum. Could go either way.

zorbees: His posts are substantive even though they aren't very long. However, he buddied Leethoof in his last post. Shifting attention to Snike isn't scummy, though, since it's important to get the reads of as many people as possible. Anything that gets active lurkers to post is good by me.

Yeti: Lynching either Yeti or UncleSam might be a good idea, because if one flips scum then the other is almost certainly clean. Yeti is rightly critical of UncleSam for monopolizing the discussion, and makes a good point that we should be looking out for answers that seem scripted. nESP's bullet-points post seems the most scripted out of any so far, and it would be good for nESP to post more. Overall, I don't find anything suspicious about the way Yeti has been posting.

E: UncleSam, don't give too much weight to Yeti's trolliness. That's just her posting style.

Quag opinion as per request. Town read. He's acting just like someone unfimmiliar to this type of discussion would. It's the typical pick on someone until they crack. You hound someone hard enough they will give you a reason to lynch them regardless of alignment.

Everyone in the town will drop scumtells, it's a constant in this game. Mafia is a game of motivations. Quag's vagueness doesn't strike me as being scum motivated.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Also Yeti could you stop trolling with your "lulz US is scummy" posts and give some real opinions? I mean if you legitimately think I'm scummy go ahead and give reasons why, but you aren't helping the discussion at all right now and as an experienced player I expect a lot more from you. You also neglected to say anything about any of the current possible lynch targets and just call out billymills for "item fishing"...really useless post, and I'm not gonna lie I am getting more and more suspicious of you. I mean trolling at the beginning was somewhat understandable and I've thought your contributions were sufficient up until recently (I also understand that you are hosting an expert game), but seriously, try and contribute some real insights here.
u concerned??????????

Rather snappy for a "troll" when I have contributed otherwise! Worried that, as I pointed out you started off with, the funny guy routine will win one too many supporters??

Truthfully I was just curious as to how you would react. "really useless post" because it calls you scum indeed, and points out the fact it seems there is a fair bit of distance between billymills, BT and you being on the same team as observed by others. That or simply argumentative with each other.

While you aren't as outright mad and defensive as I'd have liked to pin you as scum, I can't help but still be suspicious of the way you really favor Quagsires for this lynch. Quag is simply an inactive twat (not doing anything to cohost and when he does he just pastes other peoples' results to <SNIP> trololololo) and he seems like a fairly suspicious, easy-enough target for you to bandwagon, or at least encourage everyone else to.

I find it hard to believe that unless the village is severely underpowered, ALL of the following "experienced" users are on the village:
-UncleSam
-billymills
-Blue_Tornado
-Yeti
-askaninjask
-even zorbees but considering his idling twat mentality a lot of the time he may have been written off as a mafia liability

At least one of us, possibly two are mafia. I would suggest Not-US and Quag are mafia and the rest might be village, or two are maf and Quag is just being really suspicious for some reason. I doubt Quag and US are mafia together very strongly, or, US is simply unable to communicate out of thread with Quag and is trying to put the pressure on, seeing that others have got suspicious, for Quag to defend himself. At the same time, this aggressive stance means that if Quag fails to present his case, US' strong distancing from Quag means "US is village" should Quag flip mafia.

Clearly I maintain I am village. I think some combination of Quag, US and BT are THE MOST likely to be mafia, but not all 3. billymills I have my thoughts about, but if he is intentionally plotting something I don't quite want to say so yet so I don't ruin his efforts. aska I don't feel is PARTICULARLY productive.

Truth be told, I simply don't remember much about what Quagsires has done, and I am getting kind of sick of the same ~5 people running this into the ground on the relatively-useless Day 1, when nothing significant is around to go on.

nEsp, please post your thoughts on UncleSam and any new developments on other relevant players, like QUAGSIRES. If you do not, I will be forced to conclude your scumbuddies are slacking at scripting a response for US, or you are trying to figure how to best look neutral about your scumbuddy, and that you are likely mafia. Thank you for your time.

Looking for DetroitLolcat to POST, and it better be a lot of contributions. Lady Salamence certainly sat on billy's dick the whole game.

I am still not convinced UncleSam has not inserted himself as the most vocal, prompting village discussion man despite being mafia. It is likely that US' loud, tl;dr, bossy posting style makes anyone newer going against him somewhat daunting, so he can safely try and manage his posts to stay on the Old Guard's backburner until he can off them, or convince them he is village. By being QUITE so loud and forceful, he presents himself as a village bastillion the likes of which a lazy billymills cbf to butt heads with (unless they are scumbuddies!), and certainly, removes the chances any strong suspicions on him will be voiced.

I claim his requests for thoughts on other players to keep focus off himself. I did somewhat the same, I think, it's late and I'm tired, I know I picked out those with few posts at the least. However, now that he has Quagsires in his sights, it will be easy for him to keep suspicion off himself for now, and focus the attention onto Quag, who isn't doing much to save himself.

This is why he got so testy I am "trolling" because the 'humor' draws attention onto US and could possibly tip other players off to scum undercurrents they were otherwise not looking for.

I have tl;dred enough, consider this. Quagsires, defend yourself or else. I find your relative apathy to be concerning, as though you have no real good defense. I still desire D2 to form definite opinions about those who have posted. D1 is rather boring to dig up any solid dirt, and I am not convinced US is indeed a scum, just that it is entirely possible he is one.

IF the mafia do have a persuader, well, just look at who they persuaded, trumpeting that US is clean b/c he was persuaded to vote him. This ALSO allows US, one of the loudest and most detailed players in his posts, to be the subject of a persuade, but successfully deflect any efforts to bandwagon by honing in on inactivity.

Brammi I would like furthers thoughts from you, you have been a bit silent. Also, nEsp, post or be ruled scum. DetroitLC, would like to see contributions from you. Quag, defend your position properly please.

Chiming in with zorbees about how Snike has suspiciously gone off the radar the instance he was no longer in danger, and should update his reads asap.

I am also severely disappointed in Brammi's drop in activity. If Quags is a town read, who is scum? Who is most likely to be scum on his wagon and why?

Yeti, you seem to be tunneling on UncleSam for pretty much the entire game. What makes it worse is that you're not even committed to your accusations, your vote currently nowhere. Aside from Sam accusations your only other 'opinions' are players who are in need of some prodding and attempts of forcing town's attention onto players out of ~logic and possibilities~ while not relating to their posts itg. This is usually called IIoA, maybe you've heard of it?

tbh I don't have much in the way of scum reads. Sure I have suspects but I'm waiting for those to develop. And using my usual tactic to confirm my reads will definitely not work here because it will result in my instant lynch because you are all impatient and my usual methods rely on time.

Also, just because I think someone is town doesn't mean I have to think someone on their wagon is scum. it makes sense for there to be scum but it isn't assured.

@ Mods: Can we get regular votecounts. Like every two pages at least when possible?

Also is there something akin to the iso function here? I want to take a look at a couple of people's isos.

Search this Thread --> Advanced Search --> Search by User Name

And I believe that, if Quagsires is town, there is almost definitely a scumpush about, seeing as the consensus made it so people will be wary of suggesting another wagon due to the threat of being called out for buddying with Quags, and how his wagon has taken an almost 'too' central place in the discussion.

yeti I am also a bit concerned about US pretty much browbeating the village into doing whatever he wants but honestly we will cross that bridge when we get there.

US if you want my opinion on quags, here it is;
if he was mafia, I suspect he would have been freaking the fuck out at this point; you and a few others have been railing him with "COME ON QUAGS WHY DID YOU POST THAT VOTE ON PAPERBLADE? SO SCUMMY." for a while now. after a little bit of time, he calmly replied with "ok, it was a mistake? sorry."; instead of grasping at straws to "clean" himself, he just calmly asserted his position.

that doesn't seem like particularly scummy behavior to me, but than again I'm new to NOC so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

OK, I did not get across my point clearer in my last post, as I was busy trying to explain myself. Here, I will explain it better.

I believe UncleSam is scum, because I have been persuaded to lynch him. A mafia persuader would be browsing the player list, and I am one of the first noobs alphabetically. A noob is a perfect target for a N0 persuade, as it would be easy to convince them (as I was) that the target was clean. However, other players have explained how mafia will often persuade against themselves to 'clean' them. UncleSam (and other players), what is your opinion on this? Especially given his overactivity, and very quickly deflecting any attention on him as trolling, this makes me quite suspicious.

Just noticed Yeti posted a very similar post right above this -.-.

Yes, Yeti posted about it, 8 hours ago.

You think UncleSam is scum; why are you asking him for his feedback?

You voiced suspicions on Quagsires and did not vote for him. You then voice suspicions on Sam, which would probably require you to re-read Quagsires. Why did you not vote then, and why are you not voting now? What is your updated opinion on people not named UncleSam?

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
OK, I did not get across my point clearer in my last post, as I was busy trying to explain myself. Here, I will explain it better.

I believe UncleSam is scum, because I have been persuaded to lynch him. A mafia persuader would be browsing the player list, and I am one of the first noobs alphabetically. A noob is a perfect target for a N0 persuade, as it would be easy to convince them (as I was) that the target was clean. However, other players have explained how mafia will often persuade against themselves to 'clean' them. UncleSam (and other players), what is your opinion on this? Especially given his overactivity, and very quickly deflecting any attention on him as trolling, this makes me quite suspicious.

Just noticed Yeti posted a very similar post right above this -.-.
I "deflected" attention from myself from Yeti as trolling because it was obviously trolling. That's why Yeti said:
Yeti said:
u concerned??????????

Rather snappy for a "troll" when I have contributed otherwise! Worried that, as I pointed out you started off with, the funny guy routine will win one too many supporters??

Truthfully I was just curious as to how you would react.
So ya.

Why would I draw attention to myself if I was mafia and had a persuasion? Also, why would I reveal the persuasion Night 0? Go take a look at Luigi's Mansion Mafia where I was mafia with a persuasion and guess when we first used our persuasion ability? Night 6. In my opinion it was very dumb of the mafia to use the persuasion night 0 (assuming they have a persuasion...all we have is your word on that), and I would never have made such a stupid mistake if I were mafia.

Also, I find it interesting that when I have 4ish votes on me you just happen to show up and vote for me because "lol I'm persuaded".

Staraptor Call said:
Askaninjask: Hasn't done anything suspicious other than wanting to end the day early, but that's more likely a sign of a fed-up villager rather than scum. Could go either way.

zorbees: His posts are substantive even though they aren't very long. However, he buddied Leethoof in his last post. Shifting attention to Snike isn't scummy, though, since it's important to get the reads of as many people as possible. Anything that gets active lurkers to post is good by me.

Yeti: Lynching either Yeti or UncleSam might be a good idea, because if one flips scum then the other is almost certainly clean. Yeti is rightly critical of UncleSam for monopolizing the discussion, and makes a good point that we should be looking out for answers that seem scripted. nESP's bullet-points post seems the most scripted out of any so far, and it would be good for nESP to post more. Overall, I don't find anything suspicious about the way Yeti has been posting.

E: UncleSam, don't give too much weight to Yeti's trolliness. That's just her posting style.
Finally you post something marginally substantive and original. However, I am confused as to why you say "I don't find anything suspicious about the way Yeti has been posting" yet also think "Lynching either Yeti or UncleSam might be a good idea"? Is that basically your way of saying "I suspect UncleSam", or is it just a brain fart?

Yeti said:
u concerned??????????

Truthfully I was just curious as to how you would react. "really useless post" because it calls you scum indeed, and points out the fact it seems there is a fair bit of distance between billymills, BT and you being on the same team as observed by others. That or simply argumentative with each other.

While you aren't as outright mad and defensive as I'd have liked to pin you as scum, I can't help but still be suspicious of the way you really favor Quagsires for this lynch. Quag is simply an inactive twat (not doing anything to cohost and when he does he just pastes other peoples' results to <SNIP> trololololo) and he seems like a fairly suspicious, easy-enough target for you to bandwagon, or at least encourage everyone else to.

I find it hard to believe that unless the village is severely underpowered, ALL of the following "experienced" users are on the village:
-UncleSam
-billymills
-Blue_Tornado
-Yeti
-askaninjask
-even zorbees but considering his idling twat mentality a lot of the time he may have been written off as a mafia liability

At least one of us, possibly two are mafia. I would suggest Not-US and Quag are mafia and the rest might be village, or two are maf and Quag is just being really suspicious for some reason. I doubt Quag and US are mafia together very strongly, or, US is simply unable to communicate out of thread with Quag and is trying to put the pressure on, seeing that others have got suspicious, for Quag to defend himself. At the same time, this aggressive stance means that if Quag fails to present his case, US' strong distancing from Quag means "US is village" should Quag flip mafia.

Clearly I maintain I am village. I think some combination of Quag, US and BT are THE MOST likely to be mafia, but not all 3. billymills I have my thoughts about, but if he is intentionally plotting something I don't quite want to say so yet so I don't ruin his efforts. aska I don't feel is PARTICULARLY productive.

Truth be told, I simply don't remember much about what Quagsires has done, and I am getting kind of sick of the same ~5 people running this into the ground on the relatively-useless Day 1, when nothing significant is around to go on.

nEsp, please post your thoughts on UncleSam and any new developments on other relevant players, like QUAGSIRES. If you do not, I will be forced to conclude your scumbuddies are slacking at scripting a response for US, or you are trying to figure how to best look neutral about your scumbuddy, and that you are likely mafia. Thank you for your time.

Looking for DetroitLolcat to POST, and it better be a lot of contributions. Lady Salamence certainly sat on billy's dick the whole game.

I am still not convinced UncleSam has not inserted himself as the most vocal, prompting village discussion man despite being mafia. It is likely that US' loud, tl;dr, bossy posting style makes anyone newer going against him somewhat daunting, so he can safely try and manage his posts to stay on the Old Guard's backburner until he can off them, or convince them he is village. By being QUITE so loud and forceful, he presents himself as a village bastillion the likes of which a lazy billymills cbf to butt heads with (unless they are scumbuddies!), and certainly, removes the chances any strong suspicions on him will be voiced.

I claim his requests for thoughts on other players to keep focus off himself. I did somewhat the same, I think, it's late and I'm tired, I know I picked out those with few posts at the least. However, now that he has Quagsires in his sights, it will be easy for him to keep suspicion off himself for now, and focus the attention onto Quag, who isn't doing much to save himself.

This is why he got so testy I am "trolling" because the 'humor' draws attention onto US and could possibly tip other players off to scum undercurrents they were otherwise not looking for.

I have tl;dred enough, consider this. Quagsires, defend yourself or else. I find your relative apathy to be concerning, as though you have no real good defense. I still desire D2 to form definite opinions about those who have posted. D1 is rather boring to dig up any solid dirt, and I am not convinced US is indeed a scum, just that it is entirely possible he is one.

IF the mafia do have a persuader, well, just look at who they persuaded, trumpeting that US is clean b/c he was persuaded to vote him. This ALSO allows US, one of the loudest and most detailed players in his posts, to be the subject of a persuade, but successfully deflect any efforts to bandwagon by honing in on inactivity.

Brammi I would like furthers thoughts from you, you have been a bit silent. Also, nEsp, post or be ruled scum. DetroitLC, would like to see contributions from you. Quag, defend your position properly please.
I also agree with you that I doubt all the experienced users are village. However, I'm really not certain how I could have been LESS concerned about you thus far being a troll, because up until this post (and despite what you say in this post) you had not contributed a single useful or serious insight in a LONG time (at least not that I can remember). I'm also not sure why you have been so certain I am one of the most likely to be mafia...based on what, exactly? Activity?

Also your post was a "really useless post" because it was an obvious troll not meant to be taken seriously, not because it implied that I am the Godfather or whatever you were intending to imply.

I have given plenty of reasons for why I favor Quagsires for this lynch, and you do not respond to any of them other than saying "I suspect him for liking Quagsires for this lynch so much".

And I was "snappy" in an effort to get you to be more productive and guess what, it worked! (as evidenced by your above post) If you really think that trying to force the experienced users to provide meaningful thoughts on the game is scummy then I really don't know what to say.

I am also starting to agree with you on nEsp, and am going to now CALL HIM OUT FOR NOT POSTING.

That being said, I also agree with askaninjask: changing the lynch from Quagsires is dumb unless he puts up a good defense, because if nothing else we will be encouraging just sitting around apathetically whenever you get lynched, which is certainly not behavior we want to encourage. Also I find it odd that you say that Quagsires is kinda scummy and that he has to defend himself "or else" yet you object to me starting a wagon on him? What do you think the wagon was for? (hint it's because votes tend to get people to contribute more than just posting "or else")

Also, I don't understand this paragraph at all:
Yeti said:
How the hell is the mafia persuading someone to vote for me (assuming this even happened; I gave my reasons for doubting it in my response to Leethoof above) an attempt at "trumpeting that US is clean"? And how does it allow me to "successfully deflect any efforts to bandwagon by honing in on inactivity?"

Yeti, I understand your desire for me not to just be assumed as a villager by the newer players, and frankly it's the main reason I don't particularly suspect you as mafia despite the fact that you have been fairly unhelpful in stirring discussion (at least in comparison to what I would have expected). However, your continual "lulz US is scum" without any real reasoning or references back to things I have actually said is starting to wear on me, as is your inability to focus on anyone other than me. There are a lot of other players in this game, and there are also a lot of other players in this game who are helping promote discussion far less than I am, and I can assure you that directing at least a little more of your attention and insights towards them will help the town.

Also, as one final aside, I ask everyone who thinks I am mafia to consider the following:
-If Quagsires is mafia, why am I leading a lynch on him? I called him out, I aroused suspicion on him when he was in no real danger of getting lynched. Also if he were mafia, don't you think I'd have backed down after a few other users offered differing suggestions for the lynch?
-If Quagsires is village, WHY AM I LEADING A LYNCH ON HIM? By leading a lynch on a villager I more or less guarantee getting inspected tonight and quite possibly become the subject of the Day 2 lynch in exchange for...what, exactly? A rand on an inactive villager?
-If I am mafia, why have I been drawing SO much attention to myself? I could act perfectly in character and post like once or twice a day "due to school" (which tbh SHOULD be keeping me to posting once or twice a day but I'm fucking addicted to this shit...). Instead I have pretty much guaranteed that I am either going to lead a lynch on a mafia or get inspected night 1/night 2 at the latest.

I would also point out the following in the rules:
Rules said:
10. All inspections on the mafia group (whose name be revealed when the game begins) will be 100% accurate.
Obviously if I were mafia I am not going to want to be inspected.

Seriously, you guys think that I would first make the mistake of revealing I had a persuasion on my team, then draw extra attention to myself by targeting myself with it, THEN lead a lynch and become the center of attention all the while promoting discussion and making sure that no one in the game can get away with hiding out and not defending/posting opinions on other players? How does that make any sense at all?

I am also going to call out Snike, who only posted and contributed while there were serious lynch votes on him then, after they were removed, immediately stopped contributing.

Other users who need to post something substantial soon (who I have not already mentioned): MK Ultra, Metal Bagon, TalkingLion.

UncleSam

Leading this village
hi us
I'm paying attention, I just have nothing to say.
Substantial enough?
uhhhhhh.....no?

What are your thoughts on Quagsires, billymills, askaninjask, zorbees, Yeti, nEsp, jalmont/Star Call trying to redirect the lynch from Quagsires to Leethoof, Leethoof's "persuasion" and gradual change from "US is clean as a bean" to "I am sure US is scum", and whether or not you think Quagsires or Leethoof is a better lynch (or someone else; just in general who would you want to lynch).

Haven't posted because I hadn't finished my analysis of US. This because because of school, chess, homework and social life, I had only one hour yesterday evening to read through the thread. While an hour may seem like a lot to you experienced users, I'm not as rapid as you are, especially not at the end of the day.

I guess I'll have to sub out as my Thursdays and Fridays give me next to no time at all to play mafia. When signing up I hoped I would still manage. Evidently, that's not the case. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I managed to get to post #220, and these are my notes up until that post:

US:
-says that billy's likely to be mafia due to very weak reasoning.
-thinks that the announcer is an idiot, whom should've told us who he/she is.
-suspects B_T(jumpy, eager to defend billy), billy(same weak "has been town in all other games"), kok(defensive), Stevensnype[now Snike](played newbie)
-Advocates that everyone should post opinions of everyone.
He motivates this by saying that it will aid us late-game.​
But this'll aid the mafia early-game, and there's the chance that we'll have enough info late-game anyhow... I'm against mass-opinion posting. Only post relevant stuff and suspicions. Mass-opinion rarely generates discussion, of my experience.​
-Says that he believes the announces to be aligned with village, but still admits that it's possible that the announcer's mafia.
-Adresses Yeti's accusation of him leading the village every game he play.
-Stresses that the behaviour he's adopting is in line with his usual village behaviour.
Does this show that he's conscious about his behaviour, and does everything he can do to not appear as scum?​
-Continues to push Steven[Snike]
-Asks people to provide reasoning behind any votes.
Justifiable if he's town, justifiable if he's mafia.​
-Clarifies this in his next post, saying that he doesn't want people to say "hey man idk I was just following UncleSam" when he asks them to defend their votes later.
Is this him trying to assure that he won't be held responsible for any wagons while wanting to seem like town? Or is this a villager trying to force his fellow comrades to think for themselves? Take your pick, I don't know which one.​
-Accuses Brammi for bw-ing, even though brammi provided "a slight amount of reasoning" behind his vote.
-Again tells us how pro-town he is, trying to stir discussion.
-Attacks Yeti for buddying Ditto.
-Remains suspicious of Snype-Snike after the subbing

-Attacks B_T for defending billy.
-Reiterates that he's "driving discussion", saying that it's "obvious to everyone who is thinking."
-Fobs off B_T who is saying that sam's trying to "crown himself as obvtown".
Sam provides no real defense, only says that B_T tries to sling mud at him. Is the lack of a defense due to him not having any? Honestly, I'd like to revive this, why are you stressing that everything you do is town-ish? If you were town, I cannot say that there were any need to say so, as we should have noticed it anyhow if you really were pro-town.​

-Say's that he's the only one acting in town's benefit.
This is what I'd imagine that a villager who feel attacked 24/7 would say. I expected you to be a tad bit more level-headed Sam, if that's the case. But ofc, I don't know how your mind works.​
-Says that he believes that B_T's town because he believes that mafia aren't as tenacious as B_T was.
-Tells us to post opinions on everyone else, again.
-At the same times, tells us that anyone not doing so hurts town.
-Says that both billy and zorbees is suspicious, but votes Rediamond because he's inactive?
-Claims that scum doesn't have to give opinions on their teammates half of the time through forcing them to post scum reads.
Honestly, one can read both what's said, and what's not being said. I can see no difference whatsoever between posting who you think are town, and not posting who you think are town. Just that the latter is a tad bit more vague, meaning the mafia cannot be as certain of if you trust USER or not. Of course, us village cannot either, but we're more interested in finding who people believe are scum than finding who people think of as village.​

-Responds to Quag who says that Sam's more aggressive than usual. Sam's response is saying that it's impossible to be more aggressive than him, i.e. stating how pro-town he is.
I'm a bit worried about Sam's refusal to answer why he's unusually agressive.​
-Says that while he didn't care if we'd lose the announcer in the beginning, he says it's not necessary, saying that he don't want anyone to claim.
-Against Brammi's proposal of getting someone to L-1/L-2.
-Suspicious of Leethoof claiming to be persuaded.
-Against mayor claiming.
-Says that the day shouldn't take a week and a half, and that there's nothing wrong with voting for lurkers.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't lurker-targeting a good way to say nothing while giving the impression of doing something? And I'm not against the day taking a week and a half, as long as it's a discussion going on all the time.​
-Says that Leethoof seems like a good lynch target.
Honestly, why lynch someone who hasn't got a lot of ties to other people itt? Lynching Leethoof would probably leave us with no, or next to no info at all to work with tomorrow. And the sooner we get enough info to elliminate the mafia, the better it is.​
-Also says that billy and Snike are good lynch targets, but he still wants to vote inactives to have them talk.
-Attacks Quagsires. Fundamentally, US's reasoning seems to have been that Quag attacked him??
There must be something I'm missing here? There's next to no logic at all behind this attack. The only thing I regard as a possibility to be a motivation from Sam is that I find is that he believes that Quag's reasons for attacking him weren't sound?​
-Attacks billy and Ditto, against an LS-lynch.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Haven't posted because I hadn't finished my analysis of US. This because because of school, chess, homework and social life, I had only one hour yesterday evening to read through the thread. While an hour may seem like a lot to you experienced users, I'm not as rapid as you are, especially not at the end of the day.

I guess I'll have to sub out as my Thursdays and Fridays give me next to no time at all to play mafia. When signing up I hoped I would still manage. Evidently, that's not the case. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I managed to get to post #220, and these are my notes up until that post:

US:
-says that billy's likely to be mafia due to very weak reasoning. There was nothing else to go on at that point and it sparked discussion.
-thinks that the announcer is an idiot, whom should've told us who he/she is. I DID think that originally, and thought so for a while until the discussion got going. I explained all of this eons ago.
-suspects B_T(jumpy, eager to defend billy), billy(same weak "has been town in all other games"), kok(defensive), Stevensnype[now Snike](played newbie) I long ago dropped my suspicion of bt because I thought it unlikely a mafia would go head to head with me in such a vocal fashion so early. kingofkongs seems to be contributing now and Snike still seems suspicious to me because of how he has fallen off the face of the planet since his name was dropped from lynch discussion.
-Advocates that everyone should post opinions of everyone.
He motivates this by saying that it will aid us late-game.​
But this'll aid the mafia early-game, and there's the chance that we'll have enough info late-game anyhow... I'm against mass-opinion posting. Only post relevant stuff and suspicions. Mass-opinion rarely generates discussion, of my experience.
Are you serious? First of all, what experience is that? Second of all, how the fuck is posting a LOT of opinions not going to stir discussion? Also, how does it "aid the mafia early-game"?
-Says that he believes the announces to be aligned with village, but still admits that it's possible that the announcer's mafia.
-Adresses Yeti's accusation of him leading the village every game he play.
-Stresses that the behaviour he's adopting is in line with his usual village behaviour.
Does this show that he's conscious about his behaviour, and does everything he can do to not appear as scum? Uh dude you are really clutching at straws here. Yeti asked me about my behavior and I defended it. If you really find the act of defending and "doing everything he can do to not appear as scum" to be scummy then I don't know what to say. Maybe you think villagers SHOULDN'T do everything they can do to not appear as scum?
-Continues to push Steven[Snike]
-Asks people to provide reasoning behind any votes.
Justifiable if he's town, justifiable if he's mafia. What? It only hurts the mafia to provide reasoning behind votes.
-Clarifies this in his next post, saying that he doesn't want people to say "hey man idk I was just following UncleSam" when he asks them to defend their votes later.
Is this him trying to assure that he won't be held responsible for any wagons while wanting to seem like town? Or is this a villager trying to force his fellow comrades to think for themselves? Take your pick, I don't know which one. Are you serious. How is forcing people to justify votes anything other than forcing people to think for themselves and be accountable for their actions? I'll be held responsible for the wagon either way dumbass.
-Accuses Brammi for bw-ing, even though brammi provided "a slight amount of reasoning" behind his vote.
-Again tells us how pro-town he is, trying to stir discussion.
-Attacks Yeti for buddying Ditto.
-Remains suspicious of Snype-Snike after the subbing

-Attacks B_T for defending billy.
-Reiterates that he's "driving discussion", saying that it's "obvious to everyone who is thinking."
-Fobs off B_T who is saying that sam's trying to "crown himself as obvtown".
Sam provides no real defense, only says that B_T tries to sling mud at him. Is the lack of a defense due to him not having any? Honestly, I'd like to revive this, why are you stressing that everything you do is town-ish? If you were town, I cannot say that there were any need to say so, as we should have noticed it anyhow if you really were pro-town. I provided so much of a defense that people told me to tone it down with the tl;dring. Go back and read my posts. As for why i am town-ish, what the fuck else do you call promoting discussion? And why is there no need to say so when people are accusing me of being mafia? Once again you are presuming that the act of defending myself is analogous to acting like a mafia?
-Say's that he's the only one acting in town's benefit.
This is what I'd imagine that a villager who feel attacked 24/7 would say. I expected you to be a tad bit more level-headed Sam, if that's the case. But ofc, I don't know how your mind works. No it's also something a villager would say if it is A. True and B. Meant to spur other villagers into contributing as well. Also I didn't say I was the only one acting in the town's benefit, I said I was the one driving the most discussion, which helps the town the most.
-Says that he believes that B_T's town because he believes that mafia aren't as tenacious as B_T was.
-Tells us to post opinions on everyone else, again.
-At the same times, tells us that anyone not doing so hurts town.
-Says that both billy and zorbees is suspicious, but votes Rediamond because he's inactive?
-Claims that scum doesn't have to give opinions on their teammates half of the time through forcing them to post scum reads.
Honestly, one can read both what's said, and what's not being said. I can see no difference whatsoever between posting who you think are town, and not posting who you think are town. Just that the latter is a tad bit more vague, meaning the mafia cannot be as certain of if you trust USER or not. Of course, us village cannot either, but we're more interested in finding who people believe are scum than finding who people think of as village. No you can only read what is said lol. Not forcing mafia partners to give opinions on each other is the easiest way to let them slip under the radar. Giving opinions on who is town helps because if you die at night and are revealed as a townie it becomes easier to trust the people you trusted, and if you are lynched/nightkilled as a non-town it becomes easier to suspect those you trusted.
-Responds to Quag who says that Sam's more aggressive than usual. Sam's response is saying that it's impossible to be more aggressive than him, i.e. stating how pro-town he is.
I'm a bit worried about Sam's refusal to answer why he's unusually agressive. I DID answer this. Go back and read my posts. Seriously, I am getting tired of saying this and pointing out how you just totally skip over posts/points I make with absolutely no regard.
-Says that while he didn't care if we'd lose the announcer in the beginning, he says it's not necessary, saying that he don't want anyone to claim.
-Against Brammi's proposal of getting someone to L-1/L-2.
-Suspicious of Leethoof claiming to be persuaded.
-Against mayor claiming.
-Says that the day shouldn't take a week and a half, and that there's nothing wrong with voting for lurkers.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't lurker-targeting a good way to say nothing while giving the impression of doing something? And I'm not against the day taking a week and a half, as long as it's a discussion going on all the time. Hey guess what I wasn't even lurker-targeting until zorbees brought it up that I wasn't, then I was only doing it because I had gotten about as much input out of the active users as I could and figured that the discussion would only progress if I forced the non-contributors to post. Sorry for calling you out and forcing you to contribute/establish relations with other users, I understand how you wouldn't want to help the town like that.
-Says that Leethoof seems like a good lynch target.
Honestly, why lynch someone who hasn't got a lot of ties to other people itt? Lynching Leethoof would probably leave us with no, or next to no info at all to work with tomorrow. And the sooner we get enough info to elliminate the mafia, the better it is. I said Leethoof would be a good target because the persuasion thing is sketchy, his opinions on various people (most especially me) have flip-flopped continually, along with a bunch of other shit. Seriously, there are like six people giving reasons for this, go back and just read like two posts dude because I'm tired of just repeating shit I've already said.
-Also says that billy and Snike are good lynch targets, but he still wants to vote inactives to have them talk.
-Attacks Quagsires. Fundamentally, US's reasoning seems to have been that Quag attacked him??
There must be something I'm missing here? There's next to no logic at all behind this attack. The only thing I regard as a possibility to be a motivation from Sam is that I find is that he believes that Quag's reasons for attacking him weren't sound? I didn't say Quagsires attacked me because he never did. He never voted for me. He never said I was particularly suspicious. I really have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. I called him out because he is an active member who hasn't contributed squat and STILL hasn't posted any semblence of a defense AND attacked Paperblade for really weird reasons. Since then, multiple people (including Staraptor Call, jalmont, Ditto, and now most obviously you) have tried to direct attention away from him. The dude has six votes on him for a reason, I suggest you go back and read what those reasons are.
-Attacks billy and Ditto, against an LS-lynch.
This post is so poorly thought out it is inexplicable to me. Additionally, it just screams scripted with the formatting. To top it off, it ignores really obvious points everywhere that would only be ignored if someone was rushing to put it together. It also attacks me for the most retarded things and basically just assumes that everything I've done all game is scummy....why, exactly? I see no solid reasons throughout this entire post for that. Frankly, it sounds like Yeti's posts except without the trolling aspect that made her lack of reasoning forgivable to some extent.

What are your OPINIONS on the Quagsires vs Leethoof lynches, other suspicious users, and what exactly the best course of action is to take regarding me? Inspect me? Are you suggesting a lynch on me? Just kinda don't take it for granted that I am a villager?

Please don't rehash everything that has happened, we can check that for ourselves and it really just results in you posting less than you produce text-wise. I would also like to hear what you sound like when you aren't speaking in bullets and more or less going over things that have already happened.

However what I am most interested in is some actual fucking reasoning from you rather than this continual "this could be scum motivated".

Also, I would like to point out that much like Quagsires, his approach here was to try and discredit me somewhat without actively trying to lynch me and subtly trying to shift attention away from Quagsires. I think that if we lynch Quagsires and he shows mafia, nEsp would be a great Day 2 lynch target.

Please respond NOW nEsp and respond often in the next day or so, because I would really like to see how you post/speak when not c/ping from what is clearly some type of notes document vs. when you are, as I think if there is a significant difference that could be QUITE illuminating as to your alliance.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
uhhhhhh.....no?

What are your thoughts on Quagsires, billymills, askaninjask, zorbees, Yeti, nEsp, jalmont/Star Call trying to redirect the lynch from Quagsires to Leethoof, Leethoof's "persuasion" and gradual change from "US is clean as a bean" to "I am sure US is scum", and whether or not you think Quagsires or Leethoof is a better lynch (or someone else; just in general who would you want to lynch).
Players: idk no-one seems obviously scum atm. It's day one there's no way we can get guaranteed scum. I have no strong opinions on any of them.
Jalmont/SCall: could be scum looking out for each other but I doubt it seeing as it would be really obvious. Probably just people acting on their impulses.
Leet: noobtown imo, no real comment on his change.
If it's down to either of those (which I'm not really comfortable with) I'd go with Quags. Leet, as I said above, is noobtown in my opinion. Definitely not worth lynching at this stage.
As for who I'd want to lynch, I have no idea. No lynch is a bad idea, it just depends on how long we want to keep this discussion up.
Oh yeah and @@Retract Vote@@

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.

I managed to get to post #220
iit, UncleSam missed some important stuff responding to that post...

Don't mind me, carry on...

E: my point has been made

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
nEsp said:
Empoof has replaced nEsp.

EMPOOF IS THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS
P.S. WE GOT DICKS LIKE JESUS

Gotta look through the thread and prove that US and Yeti are scumbuddies making an elaborate plot to have one of them survive if the other dies. Expect thoughts from me in like 2 hours CAUSE THATS ALL I NEED I'M THE BEST VILLAGER EVER

UncleSam

Leading this village
Ya I did miss that, but it still doesn't change anything I said...Empoof I'll be interested in what you have to say once you've had a chance to read through the thread.

edit: Or before you read through it apparently...

Metal Bagon, Snike, MK Ultra, and TalkingLion: Post your opinions on Quagsires, UncleSam, Yeti, billymills and Leethoof, or I will vote for you. Active lurking is a strong scumtell, and if any of you are doing it to avoid posting opinions on scumbuddies, I won't let you.

After looking over nEsp's posting style in previous games, I've concluded that nEsp's posts in this game don't fit with his earlier style. This is the only game in which nEsp has posted summaries of other players' posts. While in Returning to Our Roots, nEsp did post a few lists of points with little justification for them, he didn't use his current formatting style. What's more, in Returning to Our Roots, most of nEsp's posts were much shorter than those he made in this game.

E: I posted this before I saw that Empoof subbed in. Now that Empoof has subbed for nEsp, my suspicions about nEsp's posting style can't really be tested, since we won't get any more nEsp posts to examine.

UncleSam

Leading this village
I just checked nEsp's posts in other mafia games and I have to say, Star Call is right...this, and this were the longest posts I could find from nEsp in the other NOC game he played, and notice how they are in a completely different format...

If I weren't so put off by the fact that Quagsires STILL hasn't posted a defense, I would switch my vote to nEsp. Frankly I think this subbing is bullshit because now we can't question nEsp about his actions, and think the hosts shouldn't allow players to just sub out when they are under suspicion because obviously their subs can just pull the "my predecessor was acting retarded" card.

Can someone put another vote or three on Quagsires so he will fucking respond to this thread. If Quagsires responds with a real defense I say we all switch to Empoof. Thoughts on this?

UncleSam

Leading this village
Quagsires hasn't posted in response to why that was a terrible defense though.

Also wickdaggler that is exactly why I said the subbing was bullshit. He makes an extremely suspicious post and frankly I was seriously considering lynching him...then he subs and all of a sudden you say "where is the logic in lynching him"...guess what, he HAS THE SAME ROLE nEsp DID. That's the logic for lynching him.

Where is the logic in NOT lynching him just because he just subbed in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)