NOC [NOC/MultiFaction FFA] Pay to Slay Mafia AKA the game that should have been OC but it's NOC. And the winners are... SaM2 and JALbees!

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
And deadline... Majority is on Table Saw.

Off with his head!

But wait... A feather falls from the skies. A tiny crack in the dense blanket of clouds gives way to a beam of light, illuminating the feather as it pirouettes downward. A melody plays.

Lord Rufflet peaks their face through the clouds and slowly transcends towards the earth.

"Table Saw?" the angelic bird speaks.

Table Saw looks up, tears in his eyes. The shadow of the descending bird blocks the man's face from being seen by the others, but that doesn't matter much since everyone's gaze is grabbed upward at the majestic sight before them. His palms sweat and he squeaks out a reply, "It is I, Table Saw."

"Do you know why I am here, troubled one?"

"I... I am... weak," says Table Saw, trailing off. He averts his gaze and stares at his shoes.

Lord Rufflet glides like a floating bubble and lands upon Table Saw's head. The bird lovingly pecks at Table Saw's hair for a few moments before replying, "You are not weak, for I am with you now. You've done well to get this far. With enough faith... you can overcome this. My child, you might be the destined, blood thirsty pay-to-slay mafia goon winner that I am looking for. I will nourish your soul. The final steps, however, are up to you."

Lord Rufflet leaves Table Saw's head and turns away, looking back up to the crack in the sky(e). But before floating back up to their domain, the sacred bird turns around and hugs Table Saw tenderly with its wings. With a knowing nod of the head, Lord Rufflet turns away and flies unimpeded to the sky.

Table Saw falls to his knees. A gold glow faintly surrounds his body where Lord Rufflet had hugged him. He looks up in awe as his savior ascends.

The moment that the bird disappeared into the clouds once more, a thunderous roar booms across the town.

"YOU SHALL NOT KILL TABLE SAW AT THIS TIME!"

No one dares to disobey Lord Rufflet.

---

Samoyed vooper zorbees the three of you survive to night 7. Deadline is in 24 hours.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
No deaths from last night, so we reach Day 7 with the final 3 still intact.

Deadline is uhhh let's say 10PM EDT Tuesday night, but the day will end earlier if all three of you vote and agree to have the cycle end earlier (same rules as last cycle).

zorbees Samoyed vooper

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Majority is on Table Saw... Off with his head!

Hello Vooper, your alias is Table Saw.

Your Purchased Powers are Gun, Extra BPV, Rufflet Praiser, Alias Detection Gold, and Fast Bullet x1. You also start the game with a default Bullet Proof Vest.
We've reached a final 2 scenario with Samoyed and zorbees. Both players drop all of their gear (including default BPVs) and role powers and must repurchase stuff with the money in their wallet. From now on the game is only night cycles. During Night 8, please submit both the stuff you're buying and the actions you're doing.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Annnnnnnnnnnd that's a wrap!

Our f2 ends in a a tie. Both finalists had enough to buy a gun and a fast bullet but neither had enough to buy a BPV to stop the bullets. This means Samoyed / MewtwoHidden and zorbees / JALMONT are the winners of this game!

Of all of the partners/players, these two pairs were definitely among those taking the game the most seriously and they spent a fair amount of thought in choosing powers. One flaw to sam/m2h's game was that they had actually checked Tossed Salad really early in the game but forgot and believed vooper's alias lie for a while. Vooper / Hannah I think chose a really effective build, and I think vooper's mind set was what I was expecting out of more players, since his lying about his alias got him pretty far. However, in the endgame the lie fell apart and no one wanted to see him in the finals. Acid / Math sort of got really unlucky when Math died before Acid, since acid had no gun and couldn't do anything afterwards. Former and Dusk tried fairly vanilla roles, but they were actually working well-ish for them for a while in terms of surviving... but not submitting a few night actions really hurt them a lot. Tropius and Bluedoom I think chose roles wisely, but multiple times they had increased voting power but Tropius's absence in the thread and thus absence with lynching sort of neutered the pairing's powers.

Overall I want to thank everyone for playing. I think it was sort of a slow burn and it took a while for the game to actually develop. I think the buy-your-powers FFA idea is pretty interesting, but having more contact is probably needed. If there's ever a Pay To Slay Season 2, I think nights will be Outside Contact, but I think a few role powers that can limit a target's ability to night talk for the next night might be fun. There were definitely flaws with this game structure regarding how contact was handled, so I hope moving out of a NOC set up would help that.

I don't mind that this game ended in a tie, but I think having the shop make it a tiny bit harder for a tie to occur in a f2 would be nice. But Samoyed and Zorbees really had such a similar ending wallet that I think them ending in a draw makes sense.

This was my first time hosting a game that had such a complex processing of actions and for the first few nights it took me more than an hour to just compute results and everything, but as the players winnowed and I got faster it became a lot easier... Still, if there ever is a season 2, a cohost might be nice to help with the action processing, especially those first few days x.x

Thanks to everyone again, and congrats to our two winning pairs!

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
damn, i could have won solo if we lynched samoyed the last day but i felt like viper would probably have more money for some reason, oh well, was fun game, thanks acid for the doc when i asked and fuck m2h for removing both of jalmonts bpvs n1

damn, i could have won solo if we lynched samoyed the last day but i felt like viper would probably have more money for some reason, oh well, was fun game, thanks acid for the doc when i asked and fuck m2h for removing both of jalmonts bpvs n1
everybody sleeping on role remover its one of the best items in this game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)