SM OU Non-Legendary Team

Hey guys, i've been using team in OU for a while but sometimes it's good, st it's bad agains the Ground and Fire team. Can you please rate this team and fix the wrong spots for me :p But no legendary, i don't like using them in competitive :D Tks

This team is my top 6 favorite Pokemon

Ivy (Serperior) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
Serperior is my favorite, she's a special sweeper with Assault Vest, she can defend an Ice Beam from a Life Orb Protein Greninja. Contrary and Leaf Storm can sweep up the opponent's team. HP and Dragon Pulse for type coverage. But she not really good agains U-turn Pheromosa, Scarf Landorus and Heatran (Urgg, Legendary)

[URL='https://pldh.net/dex/sprites/mawile#'][/URL]
Chi (Mawile) (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
Mawile is my favorite Mega since XY, i've been waiting for so long for she to come back to OU, and she did. Swords Dance + Huge Power make she a beast. Although her speed is bad, Sucker Punch helps her alots. She's really bad agains Ground move and Fire move, i think she should have some coverage moves.

Joi (Volcarona) (F) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Fiery Dance
This Sun Pokemon is my fav since gen 5, i'm glad she made herself to OU. She's also the Special Sweeper and she really good agains Pheromosa (but not HP Rock one). Flame Body makes opponent burn when it makes contact. Quiver Dance and Sweep. The Grassium Z helps her alots agains the Ground, Rock and Water, like 1 hit KO if Quiver Dance is set. Fiery Dance plus Sp.Attack, I prefer it than Fire Blast. Bug Buzz (STAB) is a good move, i don't know if Psychic is better?

Sai (Weavile) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
This's my head Physical Sweeper Pokemon, he comes first with the Fake Out then Knock Off. Life Orb boost his power up. Ice Punch > Icicle Crash because i always miss when using IC, although IC is a better powerbase move. Low Kick is coverage, it can KO a Tyranitar and many big Pokemon

Rei (Mantine) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald
Since SM, he became so good with Roost, idn why it cant remain in OU :'(. He's a Defogger, Defense and Annoying Pokemon of the team. With Toxic-Scald-Roost combi. Defog helps remove the hazards. The Volcarona and Pheromosa can never touch him. But his weakness is Rock and Electric (Which Tapu Koko and Landorus) and he can do nothing with Tapu Fini. Without all of that, he's a really good Pokemon

Lio (Garchomp) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
This big bulky sharp is in everyteam. He's a Stealth Rock setter and defensive, well not very good agains the Ice. He can slowly take out the opponent with Stealth Rock+Rough Skin+Rocky Helmet. He is a attacker and the defensive. I don't know this moveset is good or not, if not, please help me.

This team has a lots of weakness with Fire and Ground. Please help me fix it :D :D

Vulpix03

is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
RUPL Champion
Hey, cool team. I just have a few suggestions. I will try to make changes without changing mons.

First your team is very weak to subcoil, DD or any e-speed zygarde. For this I would put ice-shard over fake-out on weavile, as this also checks double dance lando. I would also change toxic to icebeam on mantine, for zygarde and lando.
Second, I would make volcarona hp ground over bugbuzz , this lures in heatran for serp/mawile. I would also make it timid, for lando/lele.
Third, I would change ironhead to thunderpunch on mawile. This change lures in toxapex for volc and also helps with stall.
Finally, your team lacks a reliable revenge killer for the likes of koko/lele/meta, I would make garchomp scarf rocks. This allows you to check the aforementioned mons, as well as volcarona.

The team with changes

Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

Joi (Volcarona) (F) @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Giga Drain
- Fiery Dance

Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald

Lio (Garchomp) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Hey, cool team. I just have a few suggestions. I will try to make changes without changing mons.

First your team is very weak to subcoil, DD or any e-speed zygarde. For this I would put ice-shard over fake-out on weavile, as this also checks double dance lando. I would also change toxic to icebeam on mantine, for zygarde and lando.
Second, I would make volcarona hp ground over bugbuzz , this lures in heatran for serp/mawile. I would also make it timid, for lando/lele.
Third, I would change ironhead to thunderpunch on mawile. This change lures in toxapex for volc and also helps with stall.
Finally, your team lacks a reliable revenge killer for the likes of koko/lele/meta, I would make garchomp scarf rocks. This allows you to check the aforementioned mons, as well as volcarona.

The team with changes

Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

Joi (Volcarona) (F) @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Giga Drain
- Fiery Dance

Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald

Lio (Garchomp) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
Thank you so much for your help. I'll apply these set

Chokepic

You're a choker if you say you've never choked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I do not know why you do not use legendaries. In competitives legendarys do not exist, the mons are classified in good mons or bad mons, not in legendary mons and non-legendary mons . If you put a 6 legendary team, with random legendary mons, and a team with synergy, with 1 legendary (or with 0), the team with a good sinergy will be better.

In the team I would do a couple of changes.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb
There is not a reason for use serperior av instead av tangrowth. Tangrowth is a good av user, capable of win band bulu. You do not have switchs for bulu, only mawile, so sludge bomb is a good option.

Firium z> Grassium z. HP ground>Bug buzz

You have no reasons for having grassium z, because no one runs haze fini, you do not need a KO on fini, and firium z helps you to do some important KO. Hp ground is better than bug buzz, to do not be cheked by tran.

Ice shard>Fake out. Icicle crash> Ice punch.

Fake out is useless. With ice shard you can KO scarf garchomp (
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 343-406 (95.8 - 113.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO) and do a 90% damage to landorus-t. Icicle crash is much better than ice punch because it has more power and a 30% chance to flinch.

I will change mantine. Tapu fini > Mantine. With this you will lack of a ground inmmunitie, so you will have to change chomp with landorus-t. So, maybe you do not want because landorus-t is a legendary pokemon (Fini is not a legendary, GF clarified it)

I do not know why you do not use legendaries. In competitives legendarys do not exist, the mons are classified in good mons or bad mons, not in legendary mons and non-legendary mons . If you put a 6 legendary team, with random legendary mons, and a team with synergy, with 1 legendary (or with 0), the team with a good sinergy will be better.

In the team I would do a couple of changes.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb
There is not a reason for use serperior av instead av tangrowth. Tangrowth is a good av user, capable of win band bulu. You do not have switchs for bulu, only mawile, so sludge bomb is a good option.

Firium z> Grassium z. HP ground>Bug buzz

You have no reasons for having grassium z, because no one runs haze fini, you do not need a KO on fini, and firium z helps you to do some important KO. Hp ground is better than bug buzz, to do not be cheked by tran.

Ice shard>Fake out. Icicle crash> Ice punch.

Fake out is useless. With ice shard you can KO scarf garchomp (
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 343-406 (95.8 - 113.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO) and do a 90% damage to landorus-t. Icicle crash is much better than ice punch because it has more power and a 30% chance to flinch.

I will change mantine. Tapu fini > Mantine. With this you will lack of a ground inmmunitie, so you will have to change chomp with landorus-t. So, maybe you do not want because landorus-t is a legendary pokemon (Fini is not a legendary, GF clarified it)

Wow, thanks a lot for your help. This team is way more stronger but i'll think about using it :p. Thanks for your time

Something you need to understand about competitive pokemon is that legendaries do not mean anything significant in competitive. The term 'legendary' is flexible, for example, Articuno and Phione are "legendaries," but they're all the way down in viability ranks for a good reason, they're not good. It annoys me when people say stuff like "No fair, you're using legendaries" etc, they don't mean anything. It doesn't matter, "legendaries" are everywhere. OU is filled with Landorus-t, Heatran, Jirachi, Keldeo, Manaphy, etc... and no one cares, because they all have checks and counters. The legendaries that are too good for OU are placed in Ubers, so no legendaries in OU are "OP" just because they are legendary. Legendary means nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)