Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Aqua Tail

Well after laddering awesomely on PO (#4 peak) with my non-weather subsect themed team, I decided to join suspect testing on smogon. First, I used a stolen rain team, but since I thought that was gey, I decided to make a non-weather team based on DDnite. I am laddering this on an alt, which is secretely inappropriate. It has been doing well getting to the mid 1300s. I use some slightly unorthodox sets (forry without TS, dnite without roost), and yes I stole the core from Kevin Garret.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Ice Fang
Woo!SD gliscor. Its probably one of the best wallbreakers and anti-sand poke in the metagame with taunt, immunity to status, high defence and good resistances, and double leftovers recovery. Its best counter right now is rotom-W, but that can be worn down by SR, possible burn, and possible sandstorm. it also counters lots of fighting and ground types too, which chansey often lure.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Payback
Yes its a forry without toxic spikes. I found that redundant with the plethora of status that my team carries. Anyways this is my spinner that can take a few hits from physical threats including landlos and garchomp. I replaced toxic spikes with payback but I'm still testing it out. It sets up spikes to weaken various threats for my two sweepers (Dnite and gliscor) to sweep, while also spinning SR to support dnite. It also checks ice types like mamoswine because those seen to cripple many teams.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect
Jirachi seems redundant with chansey, although it can counter reun, gengar, and CM birijiron well. It can paralyze other pokes for gliscor to sweep. Its really reliable and could support rotom and dnite with wish (even though I haven't had time to test that out yet).

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Softboiled
- Stealth Rock
Chansey is the awesome special tank, and it has good synergy with gliscor and forry, who take physical threats. It can also support with status and SR, which is crucial to weaken gliscors and skarm that might wall dragonite. I probably won't have aromatherapy or wish here, as the formers redundant with gliscor and the latter Jirachi already has.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SAtk / 132 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
I cannot stress how important rotom is to this team. It counters bulky waters, WoWs nattorei (easy setup bait for gliscor), weakens other rotoms and then attempts to take out some pokemon against an unprepared team. Often it has problems with lati@s, birijiron, and garchomp. the former two are handled by jirachi while garchomp is somewhat handled by gliscor and forry. Usually when I see reun in tema preview, I don't spam WoW in the first place so I can paraflinch it with jirachi.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Aqua Tail
DDnite is what I wanted to abuse, and the sets that other people were using were walled by gliscors and skarmorys, which is why I opted for a moveset that can hit super effectively its "checks", which means that all I need is a weakened team. Sure it lacks roost and extremespeed, but with the wish support and rapid spinning, I can deal with it. LO adamant excadrill's rock slide does 75.53% - 89.43%.

Threats
Like many of my other teams, this one is tremendously slow, which means that wallbreakers like SD hp ice rand, SubSD chomp would give me problems because I have no phasing.

RATE, HATE, STEAL

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hey man, its a really interesting team you have here. From what I can see, Ground types such as Landorus (with HP Ice), Garchomp and even Gliscor (only if Rotom W is down though) all give you trouble. In addition, things such as Terrakion (who out-speeds your entire team and (provided it can get a SD) 2KO Gliscor and from there your entire team), DD Scrafty, Infernape (provided it runs HP Ice or SE) and even Lucario (provided it either runs Ice Punch or NP). In addition Dragons such as LO Hydriegon and DD Salamence all threaten you. Clearly thats a fair few problems but I reckon we can patch those weaknesses up.

Solution: LO Latios over Chansey

Firstly, a LO Latios (yes I know its not particularly original) outspeeds many of these threats and can threaten to do massive Damage with a LO Draco Meteor or a Surf. That 110 base speed is really useful and also makes it tougher for Terrakion to beat you as it needs a RP AND a SD boost to attempt a clean sweep (which is pretty hard since its only really setting up on Chansey). Latios also weakens those steel types attempting to stop Dragonite sweeping with repeated DMs so its defiantly worth a shot. I think Latios should be used over Jirachi mainly because its Chansey gifting many of the above threats free switch-ins, and because Jirachi is checking similar threats to Chansey anyway. The main issue with replacing Chansey is that you lose out on Stealth Rock which can be fixed by dropping Payback for Stealth Rock. With the new Bulky Ghosts (Jellicent, Evo Stone Dusclops) Forretress is doing nothing to them and its useless in my opinion. Alternatively you could try Ferrothorn I guess but you do lose out on Rapid Spin (although if your opponent does have a spin blocker you are currently not getting around it) so I guess thats up to you.

Latios @ LO
Timid
-Draco Meteor
-Surf
-HP Fire
-Recover

Lol i just fought kevin garret's team thats like this (i won) but yeah, this seams like agood team. Chansey does seem redundant with jirachi and you don't seem to have a pokemon that could take hits on both sides so i would recommend using this cresselia set
Cresselia@ leftovers
Calm nature (+sp def -attack)
232 hp, 200 def, 76 spatk
Thunder wave/ toxic
Moonlight
Ice beam
Thunderbolt/ psychic
If you decide not to do this, change chansey's spread to 252 def 252 spdef, its better

@ginganinja-I'll test it out
@Ben-I have gliscor and forretress
Actually I feel kinda weak to NP voltlos right now since it sets up on forry and sweeps my whole team, especially in rain.

For your Dragonite try using waterfall instead of aqua tail the accuracy makes up for the power. Also to go with a bulkier Dragonite theme try RaikouLover's set which is:
Bulky DD Dragonite

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 224 HP/88 Atk/196 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

If you want instead you could choose leftovers instead of life orb but i do not recomend it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)