Not a Hyper-Offensive team.

Hey there! Hope y'all are having a good day. It's the first time I'm asking for help in the forums, so I hope I've done everything correctly. Reading the rules is very different from actually following them lol.

I had no idea behind making this team, I just wanted to put the pokémons I liked together and see what would work, but I realized the pokémon I chose at one point all had the capacity of being offensive, but in the team I was making they weren't, so I made it a theme, though I don't follow it through with the whole team.

Conkeldurr.gif
Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Explanation:
Conkeldurr holds a special place in my heart. I've been using him with assault vest and guts for a long time, he's saved the game countless times. Usually people think he's Iron Fist Choice Band or Sheer Force Life Orb, which adds in to the "Not a Hyper-Offensive team" gig. He's a huge wall to be dealt with, having both special defense and normal defense with a huge HP, which this team really needs.
Moves:
- Drain Punch - STAB Regen
- Poison Jab - To deal with fairy-types and some grass-type leech seed users.
- Ice Punch - To deal with dragon types and venussaur.
- Thunder Punch - To deal with rain teams.

Araquanid.gif
Araquanid @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Infestation
- Scald
- Giga Drain

Explanation:
Araquanid is suposed to be a second lead, in case the oposing lead is something that counters Excadrill. He's able to enter after you see a slowbro or slowking because of water absorb, enabling him to use infestation and disabling teleport, which allows for a nice sticky web set. Using heavy duty boots, as rocks always deal a lot of damage on him and he's suposed to be a defensive pivot. He's also a very good example of the team's theme.
Moves:
- Scald - STAB and Burn.
- Sticky Web - Helps a lot Conkeldurr and Excadrill.
- Infestation - STAB, doesn't let slower pokémon get away, which is amazing against teleport users.
- Giga Drain - Screws Water + Ground pokémon, which I've fought more often than not.

Rotom Heat.gif
Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Protect

Explanation:
Rotom is here to do two things. First is forcing ground-types in the field, that way I can put araquanid in and sticky web. Second is overheating ferrothorn, since he screws the team hard. He techincally fits the team because of the choice scarf/specs set he has. I put choice scarf on him initially, and have been having a bad time with trick instead of protect. Sometimes trick worked in my favour, specially predicting a switch-in to a sword's dance Blaziken or something, but it's not that reliable.
Moves:
- Defog - I can't let dragonite step on stealth rock.
- Overheat - STAB, only fire move he learns.
- Volt Switch - STAB, useful for Pivot.
- Protect - Because who knows what'll happen next.

Excadrill.gif
Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Explanation:
Excadrill is... Excadrill. I mean, I needed a ground type and he's pretty fast, and because of his sand force/rush set he fits the theme. Though I wish I'd find a sinergetic special attack ground type as opposed to excadrill's physical attack, he's pretty good in dealing with other Rotom-Heats. I have him on leftovers, but it's not that great. He's the pokémon I'm trying to find a replacement for. I've tried seismitoad before, but the set I tried wasn't that great. I'm probably going to try out swampert, as he'd probably fit the description as well, but I'm open to try gastrodon too.
Moves:
- Earthquake - STAB, good ground move.
- Iron Head - STAB, flinch is fun part 2.
- Stealth Rock - He's a lead afterall.
- Toxic - I needed status moves.

Dragonite.gif
Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Dual Wingbeat
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Explanation:
Dragonite is usually the star of this team. He doesn't represent the theme, but it kinda works as he has multiscale. While full HP, because of multiscale, he doesn't die to any dragon types common in OU, such as Dragapult and Hydreigon, and and he also doesn't die to ice punches and ice beams from enemies I've fought in the ladder before. This allows him to activate weakness policy sweep if the enemy isn't seeing it coming. It is a bit of a gimmick, but it still works a lot of the time.
Sad.PNG

That happens more often than I'd like to admit.
Moves:
- Agility - Used the turn Weakness Policy is suposed to activate.
- Dragon claw - STAB, while outrage is stronger, it makes me unable to set in front of more than one fairy type.
- Earthquake - To deal with anoying steel-types
- Dual Wingbeat - STAB, Double hit to deal with substitute.

Bisharp.gif
Bisharp @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Beat Up

Explanation:
Not a lot to say about him to be honest, he's the one pokémon I put because I ran out of ideas. Bisharp is suposed to enter after you see an incineroar, pangoro, urshifu, or any of those pesky parting shot users. It could be any other defiant user though. I use the standard smogon choice band set, but instead of using adamant I'm used to having him jolly. 262 speed is very good, as it allows him to outspeed nidoking, rillaboom if he doesn't use grassy glide and specially tapu-fini, which I find hard to deal with.
Moves:
- Iron Head - STAB, flinch is fun.
- Knock Off - STAB, very satisfying to knock off choice items.
- Sucker Punch - STAB, the team needed prio moves, bisharp will do.
- Stone Edge - The team also needed a rock move, bisharp will do.

To conclude, I honestly think that this team has a lot of potential and a unique theme. Dragonite is a gimmick, there's no denying, but changing agility with dragon dance might make him a little bit more viable in higher ELO, altough I don't seem to need it for now. Thank you for sticking through, tough! Here's your prize:
https://pokepast.es/7cead77cbe12e8a9

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Quick summary of the changes I'm gonna suggest:
Urshifu-R > Conkeldurr
Landorus-T > Excadrill
DD & HDB > Agility & WP on Dragonite

Given your team composition, being an offensive webs team, these three changes will improve your team. Not a big fan of webs personally, but I don't want to change the structure of your team. Rather, I want to improve upon it by making minor changes that have you use more effective Pokémon.

The first change is using Urshifu over Conkeldurr. Urshifu has a little less power, but more than makes up for it by having a 2nd STAB, pivoting ability in U-turn, and a much better speed tier that isn't reliant on Webs. You can use Protective Pads or Choice Band, but CB gives you immediate breaking power that has very few switch ins and amazing breaking power. I'm gonna suggest that. Accomplishes everything Conk does, but better.

Next, Landorus-T over excadrill gives you another ground immunity and more pivoting ability with the Stealth Rock role. It makes you a bit weaker to Clefable, but the upsides are checking a multitude of physical attackers that would otherwise roll through this team, to include Garchomp (which is super threatening right now and basically 6-0es with Stone Edge). It also gives you U-Turn support as well, which helps get Dnite or Shifu in.

Finally, change the Dnite set to DD. Agility WP is gonna hurt when Stealth Rock is up and multiscale is broken. Boots prevent rocks damage and lets you come in at full from one of the other U-Turners, while not completely relying on room to defog. Coverage I chose hits pex and Corv/Skarm/Ferro with fire punch. Should help punch more holes in defensive cores.

Don't really have any other suggestions, but if webs aren't working for you try slowking to help pivot around while also providing future sight support for your breakers. Either way, hope this helps and good luck with your team

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Surging Strikes
- U-turn
- Aqua Jet

Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dual Wingbeat
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

First of all, Conkeldurr is very outclassed by other mons in OU and does not belong in OU, but in UU. Also, you have Sticky Webs, automatically making it hyper offense. All your mons have to be able to take advantage of the webs and sweep your opponents. You have no defensive backbone, and just offense. I don't know how to help you if you say it's not hyper offensive and then your team is hyper offensive.

First of all, Conkeldurr is very outclassed by other mons in OU and does not belong in OU, but in UU. Also, you have Sticky Webs, automatically making it hyper offense. All your mons have to be able to take advantage of the webs and sweep your opponents. You have no defensive backbone, and just offense. I don't know how to help you if you say it's not hyper offensive and then your team is hyper offensive.
Tell that to the guy who peaked #1 with conk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)