not-so-tricky room

Hi there, this is my first attempt on Trick Room team, I would like to hear suggestions to improve it.
I will use this team in bring-6-pick-3 BW random battles.

Banette@ Focus Sash
Brave
Trait: Frisk
Trick Room
Magic Coat
Destiny Bond
Taunt
Evs: do it need ANY?..

First Trick Room setuper, and infamous suicide lead. Taunt to ensure its suicide without wasting trick room' turn
s

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Quiet
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP/252 Sp. Atk/4 Def
Trick Room
Psychic
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball

This Reuniclus is more of a sweeper, who supports itself, than Trick Room setuper.
Psychic is STAB, Focus Blast and Shadow Ball hit everything at least neutrally.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Relaxed
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp.Def
Trick Room
Slack Off
Yawn
Ice Beam

Second Trick Room setuper, has great synergy with Bronzong and Blissey.
Yawn is used to force switches or put opposing Pokemon to sleep and create an opportunity to use Trick Room.
With Slack Off and Regenerator Slowbro should be hard to take down and always be ready to switch in.
Ice beam is used to freeze Dragon-types with which otherwise team has some trouble.

Bronzong @ Occa Berry
Brave; 252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 4 Sp. Def.
Hypnosis
Stealth Rock/Trick Room
Earthquake
Gyro Ball

This one can work well even without Trick Room.
SR for support. Hypnosis is simply useful
EQ and Gyro Ball is for attacking

But from the other hand pokemon with Stealth Rock should probably be a lead...

Emboar @ Expert Belt
Brave
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Sp.Def
Flare Blitz
Wild Charge
Stone Edge
Hammer Arm

First sweeper of my team.
I think Emboar has good synergy with Whimsicott, resisting most of latter`s weakness.
Expert Belt is used over life orb because even with wish support fire pig is dying pretty quickly.
Flare Blitz is its main move, Wild Charge zaps Water-types, Stone Edge and Hammer Arm provide great neutral coverage.
I chose Hammer Arm over Brick Break because latter is TOO weak and "speed boost" side effect of former in always nice in Trick Room.
Ability of choice is Blaze because Reckless is not released yet.

Druddigon @ Cell Battery
Brave
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Sp.Def
Brave
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Sucker Punch

Final member of my team, Druddigon.
This Dragon-type packs great coverage and power. Outrage is a strong move and is Druddigons main attack.
Earthquake and Fire Fang let Druddigon hit every pokemon at least neutrally.
Sucker Punch is for finishing weakened opponents or to strike first when Trick Room runs out.
All three of Druddigons abilities is not very useful, but without Sheer Force Fire Fang is too weak.
Cell Battery is the item of choice instead of Choice Band because I don`t like being locked into one move and Reuniclus alredy holds Life Orb.
Slowbro attracts Electric-type attacks, so I think this item will activate alot.

Rampardos @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
Head Smash
Earthquake
Fire Punch
Hammer Arm

Banette' best friend. Evil dinosaur with paper defences, which hopes there arent any priority users on enemy team...

Any suggestions are welcome

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Give Whimsicott Encore, which will stop set up sweepers (who can use other TRers as free set up and proceed to tear through the team). Sub / Leech Seed isn't as effective, so you can replace either of them.

I would use Reuniclus instead of Blissey. Momentum is hard to come by when you're TRing, so Blissey will almost screw you over by being set up fodder for the opponent. Reuniclus adds an offensive precense with your TRers, which is important seeing as you only have two offensive sweepers currently. Then, you can give Lefties to Slowbro. Reuniclus will appreciate LO more than Druddigon, but that leaves no good item for the dragon.

Thanks for answering!
Done some minor changes at 1st post...

And maybe Charm or Worry Seed is worth Whimsicott' moveslot?

Also I would like to know should I change Bronzong to smething like Escavalier or Magnezone?
Because right now this team is Bug-weak, and I think I should add Pokemon that resists them...

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Explosion may be an option over one of the screens on Bronzong. Yes, Explosion is nerfed in BW, but it is still Explosion packing 250 base power, and more importantly, it is a great way to do heavy damage AND bring 1 of your monsters unscathed.

In terms of your problem against Bug (most likely Scizor), I'd add HP Fire on Reunicles over Psychic or Shadow Ball. It's a great way to lure in Scizor and eliminate it.

I also prefer Scald on Slowbro rather than Ice Beam or Yawn, since it is such a good move.

I dont actually think that its such a good idea... Reunicles will defenetly need shadow ball AND psychic, or itll be walled by slowbros/reunicleses/dusklopses/etc

Actually im pretty confident about changing my bronzong? because it always becomes giant setup fodder somehow
So should i change it for magnezone to magnet pull sizors or metagross or even eelectross for more coverage?..

this team is actually really similar to one of my own. However, I feel that the move set/ item choices could be improved upon. I'll link you the rmt so you can see why I made the choices that I did. You desperately need a more offensive approach to this team.

1) While whimsicott can get off some great TR, he lacks the ability to pack a strong grass attack even with STAB. This was why I eventually replaced him with an exeggutor. He has access to sleep powder, an extremely strong leaf storm that is constantly underestimated, and most of all harvest + lum berry. This means that he is 100% completely immune to status moves which means he can even run rest for some semi sustainability.

I run hp fire on reuniclus simply because 90% of its switchins are ruined by it. Examples of said switch ins are scizor and skarmory. That being said, you become cm reuniclus set up fodder which is actually a huge problem for my team (bulk up scrafty, conkeldurr, and reuniclus are problem my 3 worst nightmares). Lastly, Psyshock has been more helpful with runiclus in my experience because spamming it and hoping for a crit can actually work in beating chansey and blissey, but you cant even crit and win against them and win with psychic without some other hax. Psyshock still hits almost everything it needs to fairly hard. You do deal less damage to conkeldurr, but I never 1hko'd one with psychic anyway.

Run bronzong in a more offensive manner, The screens with no set up sweepers is far too slow to promote good offense and using tr defensively just doesn't work in most cases. a sweeper bronzong is actually my mvp and I cant immagine even entertaining the though of changing it.

Finally, druddigon is god awful. When I used it early on in my team it always was a burden and never a blessing. It just felt so clunky in my experience with the pokemon. I opted for a rhyperior simply because it had access to higher attack + swords dance, STAB edgequake, great resistances to bug and fire as well as electric immunity.

Anyway, here is the link to my rmt. You can see why I picked what I did and the moves/ items that they run. Good luck with your team. You core is fairly solid, but your moves are just all over the place.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3447788

Thanks for detailed response, BurtonEarny, but why are you recommending Exeggutor as lead? I think it has some major Thundurus problems... And Leaf Storm isnt quiet useful here too. I need Whimsicott to gurantee Trick Room, it only loses to other Whimsicott, Thundurus and Tornadus, who can priority Taunt faster.
Anyway... Whimsicott seems to be not so great lead too, cause all it can do is set up trick room and die (after maybe taunt or encore). Thats not too cool on 3 on 3...
Are there some good Trick Room leads anyway?

Also, this team is supposed to be played on Random Wi-Fi Matchup, that means Item clause is on and I can`t give Leftovers to everything.
Oh and Ill try to steal your Bronzong set. :naughty: (Thanks)
Im still not sure about its team position though...

I think that Druddigon is good on this team, it covers alot of types and can Fire Fangs Scizor.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Bannette is a great suicide TR lead with TR, Destiny Bond, Magic Coat, and filler move. Optimally, you take down their lead with DB and bring in your sweeper for free. However, using him best for a "faster" paced offensive, where you have a powerful move that can be spammed without being walled (ie CB Rampardos Head Smash).
Deo-D is another great lead, as it can set up hazards that make your sweepers' job easier, and gets Magic Coat. It's extremely defensive, but has issue being weak to Dark and Ghost.

Whimsicott works fine as a lead, though. Taunt shuts down hazard setters, and you can TR+U-turn to get your sweeper in unscathed against some threats. The two above are worth consideration for expanding your options.

in most cases i did prefer whimsicott. However, it was his total lack of offense that really irked me. Bulky waters were wearing me out and I eventually wanted a leaf storm user. If whimsicott was a bit more offensively endowed then he would be absolutely perfect, but as it stands Im a huge fan of sleep powder and leaf storm. Thundurus is an issue, but that is what team preview is for, and its for that reason that dedicated leads are kind of silly.

Thanks for replies
I decided to change my lead to Banette because I think now it is more solid. Especially considering that Rampardos seems like a good choice with Banette (i can avoid using it with prioriotet users at team preview), so I`m thinking of taking the dinosaur into team. Such huge attack with powerfull moves is difficult to pass by...

But what should I change, Bronzong or Druddigon? If latter which move is better for bronze bell: Hypnosis, Stealth Rock or Trick Room??

And btw BurtonEarny,were you able to counter tundurus with your bronzong by any chance?

Thanks for replies
I decided to change my lead to Banette because I think now it is more solid. Especially considering that Rampardos seems like a good choice with Banette (i can avoid using it with prioriotet users at team preview), so I`m thinking of taking the dinosaur into team. Such huge attack with powerfull moves is difficult to pass by...

But what should I change, Bronzong or Druddigon? If latter which move is better for bronze bell: Hypnosis, Stealth Rock or Trick Room??

And btw BurtonEarny,were you able to counter tundurus with your bronzong by any chance?
rhyperior is a superior choice to rampardos in every way I can think of, particularly because it can actually survive a priority attack if it needs to. Rampardos doesnt even hit that much harder. Just use rhyperior.

Also, while bronzong doesn't really "counter" thundurus its is going to either taunt or nasty plot in all instances and in both cases you can just gyro ball for a 2hko (that was with macho brace, so idk if it 2hkos all the time with leftovers.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'd have to agree that Rhyperior is better than Rampardos. However, I think that Rampardos would be worthy once Sheer Force is released from DW. The free Life Orb boost is definitely a plus. It's Sp Atk is cruddy, but with Sheer Force & LO - it has no problems one-shotting Gliscors and Garchomp and 2-shotting Hippowdon with Ice Beam. Rock Slide, Fire Punch, Zen Headbutt, and Crunch would all receive a 1.69x boost. It can wipe out a 2 or 3 of the opposing team during the 3 turns of TR no sweat.

I also feel Druddigon is meh. I would find a better replacement over it. Maybe a Brave Toxic Orb Guts Ursaring? It's Facade would punch holes. Especially in 3 vs 3, offensive momentum is important.

If this is for 3 vs 3, Stealth Rock is not as important, and I would definitely go for TR.

Ursaring? But itll spend trick room turn to activate its guts. or should it attack with something instead?
I was thinking about something like eelectross
Its not that cool offensively... but from other hand it got volt switch...
Or maybe something grassish like tangrowth? Cause looks like i got some troubles with quagsire, swampert and somehow suicune

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)