---------+-+---------

Nowadays
Nowadays
---------+-+---------

Proof of peak
http://prntscr.com/hu8x8m
---------+-+---------

Teambuilding

I wanted to build around this core, Charizard X and Gliscor have very nice synergy together, Charizard X is capable of destroying Grass-types that Gliscor tends to struggle with, Gliscor can in return remove Stealth Rock and lure in Landorus-T with Ice Fang.

Ferrothorn is my Steel-type that every team needs, it provides me with rocks and a way to wall Ash Greninja, which is very troublesome for both Charizard X and Gliscor.

Keldeo gives my team yet another check to Ash Greninja and a much needed check to Volcarona and my Speed Control, it also completes a fire/water/grass core between Charizard X, Ferrothorn, and ofcourse, Keldeo.

Tapu Lele is a very powerful force when coupled in conjunction with Charizard X since Charizard X can easily beat all of Tapu Lele's usual checks, it also helps Keldeo in the match up against Mega Venusaur and Toxapex.

Lastly I decided to add Zapdos, it's capable of checking Pinsir which is a huge threat, it's also capable of paralyzing opposing Pokemon like Mega Lopunny which is very useful to ease up the match up, it can also beat hazard setters with ease and gain momentum for my team or get in Tapu Lele/Charizard X in for free.

---------+-+---------

In depth analysis

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X | Tough Claws
Jolly nature | 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Flare Blitz | Dragon Claw | Earthquake | Roost

Charizard X is capable of destroying most walls that are not named "Rocky Helmet Defensive Landorus-T" thanks to its powerful STAB moves and good ability in Tough Claws. Flare Blitz is Charizard X's main STAB move and destroys Grass- and any non-resist with relative ease, unfortunately it comes with the cost of recoil damage, which is unfortunate in some cases. Dragon Claw is Charizard X's secondary STAB move and hits Pokemon that resist Flare Blitz for a good amount of damage. Earthquake is Charizard X's coverage move of choice since its dual STAB gets completely walled by Heatran, and Toxapex's defenses are good enough to keep on taking Dragon Claw, thus justifying the use of Earthquake. Roost allows Charizard X to recover damage and mitigate Flare Blitz recoil.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb | Poison Heal
Jolly Nature | 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Earthquake | Ice Fang | Defog | Roost

Gliscor is a very good teammate for Charizard X thanks to its ability to take on Ground-type Pokemon, in return Charizard X can deal with most Grass-types that Gliscor tends to struggle against. Earthquake is Gliscor's main STAB move that hits any non-resist for decent damage, It also means Gliscor can deal with Tapu Koko and Heatran. Ice Fang allows Gliscor to lure in and defeat Landorus-T, Garchomp, and Zygarde, it can also be quite useful for Tangrowth and if it cant be afforded to go into Charizard X. Defog allows Gliscor to remove entry hazards from the field, this is especially useful since Charizard X is very vulnerable to entry hazards, thanks to Toxic Heal Gliscor can switch in to Stealth Rock reliably, over all making it a good user of Defog. Roost is Gliscor's way to keep it consistently switching into attacks.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers | Iron Barbs
Careful Nature | 248 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Stealth Rock | Leech Seed | Power Whip | Knock Off

Ferrothorn provides my team with a lot of useful utility for my team, it's capable of setting up Stealth Rock which my team till this far lacks, provides me with Knock Off to remove items and cripple bulky walls, mainly. Furthermore it also gives me a switch in to Mega Alakazam, Tapu Lele, and Tapu Koko lacking Hidden Power Fire which every team needs. Stealth Rock is needed on every team to be viable since it provides useful chip damage upon switch in, it's especially useful for Charizard X since the Stealth Rock chip damage allows it to gain a lot more KOs. Leech Seed provides Ferrothorn with a semi-reliable way to recover health, it can also be used to let my other teammembers gain health. Power Whip allows Ferrothorn to hit Water-type Pokemon like Suicune, which it'd otherwise be set up bait for, It's also capable of hitting Mega Diancie which is a very big nuisance towards my team. Knock Off provides useful utility against bulky walls.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf | Justified
Timid Nature | 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hydro Pump | Secret Sword | Stone Edge | Scald

Keldeo finishes the fire/water/grass core of my team that consists of Charizard X, Ferrothorn, and ofcourse Keldeo, it also provides a good way to revenge kill Volcarona and Ash Greninja, the former can easily destroy my team otherwise and for the latter I would otherwise be overly reliant on Ferrothorn, potentially overloading it. Hydro Pump is Keldeo's strongest STAB attack that any non resist very hard, 2HKOing or OHKOing almost all non-resistant Pokemon. Secret Sword is Keldeo's secondary STAB and allows it to effectively deal with Ash Greninja and Mega Lopunny, it also allows Keldeo to hit specially defensive walls on the physical side. Stone Edge allows Keldeo to effectively deal with Volcarona and Charizard Y which can take Hydro Pump with relative ease if its boosted in Volcarona's case and Sun is up in Charizard Y's case. Scald gives Keldeo a bit more utility being able to burn stuff and generally a more spammable Water-type STAB.

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z | Psychic Surge
Timid Nature | 252 SpA | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
Psyshock | Moonblast | Hidden Power Fire | Calm Mind

Psychium Z Tapu Lele is straight fire and it's a good partner with Charizard X since Charizard X destroys most traditional Tapu Lele checks. Psyshock in conjunction with Psychium Z allows Tapu Lele to break pretty much ever wall after one Calm Mind boost. Moonblast allows Tapu Lele to hit Dark-types that are immune to Psyshock, it's also Tapu Lele's secondary STAB attack. Hidden Power Fire OHKOs Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor when boosted and does a great amount of damage to other Steel-types. Calm Mind is the crux of the set and allows Tapu Lele to boost its power to significantly high levels.

Zapdos @ Leftovers | Static
Timid Nature | 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Volt Switch | Heat Wave | Hidden Power Ice | Roost

Zapdos blanket checks a lot of Pokemon, it's my teams main answer to Mega Pinsir and Mega Lopunny, I chose to use Static instead of Pressure as Static is mainly for PP stalling Stealth Rock setters but considering my Zapdos isn't Defog that wasnt needed, thus i decided to use Static since it can come in handy with parahaxing. I decided to use Volt Switch instead of Thunderbolt or Discharge because of the momentum possibilities it gives and a way to get in Charizard X or Tapu Lele with extra chip damage. Heat Wave allows Zapdos to beat Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor reliably. Hidden Power Ice allows Zapdos to deal with Zygarde, Garchomp, and Landorus-T which it all tends to struggle against. Roost mitigates damage Zapdos might have taken and allows it to stay healthy for a longer amount of time in general.

---------+-+---------

Threatlist

While I do have Ferrothorn to check Tapu Lele and Mega Alakazam, together they are rather threatening because they can easily overwhelm Ferrothorn, Magnezone isnt uncommon on Psyspam either so Ferrothorn has a hard time to properly do its job in this case.

I have no way to deal with Waterium Z Keldeo outside of bluffing Choice Scarf with Tapu Lele, and even then, it's not consistent enough to check Keldeo forever.

Stone Edge Hawlucha for my is very threatening since my main check to it, Zapdos, gets smashed by it.

---------+-+---------

Replays

---------+-+---------

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Defog
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge
- Scald

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Last edited:

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi, I really like this team. Charizard X is one of my favourite pokemon and one of the best in the current meta imo. Gliscor is a good partner aswell.

786.pngpsychiumz.png --> choicescarf.png
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Focus Blast

As you mentioned, Waterium Z Keldeo can beat the team quite easily. So changing your scarfer to Tapu Lele helps this.

Psyshock is kept for Volcarona, although Charizard can usually take a hit as HP Ground variants don't seem as common.

Scarf Lele is also better against Psychic-spam thanks to its nice special bulk. It always lives a hit from opposing Lele (including Shattered Psyche which they usually run) and always lives a hit from Mega Alakazam and 2HKOs both with Moonblast.

Focus Blast can be used over HP Fire to hit Magnezone harder and Heatran.

647.pngchoicescarf.png--> wateriumz.png
Keldeo-Resolute @ Waterium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword

Now that Tapu Lele is scarf it makes sense to change Keldeo to a breaker set.

There isn't too much to say, but being slower than Greninja can make it more annoying, although Lele is another check to it.

Not being locked into Secret Sword or Stone Edge means it's one less pokemon for Hawlucha to set up on.

598.png
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

Not a lot to say on this either, but Protect gives you an emergency chance against things like the already mentioned Hawlucha and Medicham who is another big threat.

Protect helps you keep healthier against Greninja in case they try to flinch you.

Chople Berry could also be an option, but for things like Tapu Koko you might prefer the recovery from Leftovers.

That's all I have, I think this team looks really good regardless and I hope that some of my suggestions are helpful.

Importable: https://pokepast.es/20f2a25bbbf28f3a

~~006-mx.png472.png598.png647.png786.png145.png~~​

Hi, I really like this team. Charizard X is one of my favourite pokemon and one of the best in the current meta imo. Gliscor is a good partner aswell.

View attachment 95126View attachment 95127 --> View attachment 95128
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Focus Blast

As you mentioned, Waterium Z Keldeo can beat the team quite easily. So changing your scarfer to Tapu Lele helps this.

Psyshock is kept for Volcarona, although Charizard can usually take a hit as HP Ground variants don't seem as common.

Scarf Lele is also better against Psychic-spam thanks to its nice special bulk. It always lives a hit from opposing Lele (including Shattered Psyche which they usually run) and always lives a hit from Mega Alakazam and 2HKOs both with Moonblast.

Focus Blast can be used over HP Fire to hit Magnezone harder and Heatran.

View attachment 95129View attachment 95128--> View attachment 95131
Keldeo-Resolute @ Waterium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword

Now that Tapu Lele is scarf it makes sense to change Keldeo to a breaker set.

There isn't too much to say, but being slower than Greninja can make it more annoying, although Lele is another check to it.

Not being locked into Secret Sword or Stone Edge means it's one less pokemon for Hawlucha to set up on.

View attachment 95132
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

Not a lot to say on this either, but Protect gives you an emergency chance against things like the already mentioned Hawlucha and Medicham who is another big threat.

Protect helps you keep healthier against Greninja in case they try to flinch you.

Chople Berry could also be an option, but for things like Tapu Koko you might prefer the recovery from Leftovers.

That's all I have, I think this team looks really good regardless and I hope that some of my suggestions are helpful.

Importable: https://pokepast.es/20f2a25bbbf28f3a

~~View attachment 95137View attachment 95135View attachment 95132View attachment 95129View attachment 95126View attachment 95136~~​
Hey thanks a lot for ur rate, however, I had used Waterium Keldeo and Choice Scarf Tapu Lele before and prefer it this way, I'll be sure to use the minor Ferrothorn change and see how I like it.

DragonKnightmaster back from using protect ferro and i gotta say that it works decently but some times i find it a lot easier to just pivot into zapdos which leads me to believe the current ferro on my rmt listed is generally better since ive also missed Knock Off's utility a bit.

Reactions: DKM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)