NP Hoopa-U Balance- Peak #31 (1877 elo)

Hello, everyone my name is Gamebooadvanced. I've been around for a while but this is the first generation I've tryharded in, and I am new to posting on the smogon forums and wanted to give a try at making an rmt thread. Anyway, what I have hear is a balance team that I have found to be quite good in this meta game, particularly against other balance comps people are running to counter hyper offense teams.

The original idea for this team was wish pass support with defensive hoopa-u. I originally used Assault Vest Hoopa, but in this hazard filled metagame I found Heavy Duty Boots to be the superior item, allowing the team to forego any form of hazard removal. Since this is my first RMT, please give feedback as to how it can be improved. Thank you, and enjoy!

The Team:
Skeledirge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Torch Song
- Hex
- Slack Off
- Will-O-Wisp

The dirge is an incredibly nasty mon. It walls so much for this team and can absolutely win a game single-handedly if given the right conditions. This mon is your gambit, iron valiant, zamazenta, and dragonite check. It's responsible for preventing the enemy team from sweeping the game from out under your feet. No one needs to tell you how strong burn is as a status, and with tera fairy bolstering its defenses, Skeledirge is one powerhouse of a mon.

Alomomola (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Flip Turn

This is the mon that started it all. Before the DLC I tried this team concept with Scream Tail but found it much too gimmicky to succeed. After seeing Pinkacross's own Alomomola team RMT thread I decided to revisit the concept. Alomomola's abilty to pass huge wishes to its teammates is the core concept of this team. Ting-Lu, Hoopa-U and Bootsless Dragapult all appreciate the wish support. This mon is also incredible defensively, being a decent middle ground to switch into the likes of Gambit and Great Tusk when your other checks are weakened.

Ting-Lu @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ruination
- Whirlwind

Normally Ting-Lu is able to be easily widdled down in HP without an item like leftovers, but due to the support from Alomomola, Ting-Lu has the ability to run HDB on this team. Ting-Lu is the primary checks to ghost moves and is overall a solid special wall for the team. Ting-Lu is also the team's rocker, and along with whirlwind and ruination, is used to chip down HP to allow Dragapult to clean up in the late game.

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

This mon is pure RNG: Static, Thunder Wave, Hurricane. It feels like this mon can sometimes win games with just pure hax. This mon is the team's check to ogerpon-wellspring. With tera dragon, you can easily wall and para ogerpon, and prevent it from just destroying this team. Alongside being the team's primary switch in to Rillaboom, Great Tusk, and Sneasler, this mon fits fantastically well on this team. Hoopa-U is a mon that loves to be U-Turn'd on, so this mon makes going for such plays risky for the opponent.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Magician
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off

Hoopa-U is the wallbreaker of the team. With 376 Spatk uninvested, this thing hits like a truck. 48 speed timid is used to outspeed uninvested gliscor and milotic speedcreeping gliscor as gliscor is ohkod and milotic 2hkod by +2 psychic. Tera fairy is used to take reduced damage from Kingambit sucker punch and to be immune to Dragapult dragon darts. Focus blast is used to 2hko Blissey and hit dark types supereffectively. I'm using knock off because i like the utility of it, but dark pulse could also be used in the slot.

Dragapult (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Clear Body
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Clear Body Dragapult makes it so the team's webs matchup isn't so bad, because otherwise you kinda just lose. Tera Ghost Modest Specs Hex hits incredibly hard ohkoing all forms of gliscor from full, and its not troll as the team has ways of spreading status with Zapdos and Skeledirge. Dragapult really only comes out early to try and take an early KO with Draco or in the late game to sweep with hex, but can be used in the midgame with wish support if needed.

Proof of rank

IMG_5268.jpeg

Issues:
Toxic- This honestly isn't super bad, as the point of this team is to switch around a lot healing up the team with wish, so toxic doesnt really stack up very high. Against a good player that punishes alomomola though, it can get very tricky.

Kingambit- Everyone knows this, but like this mon hits soooo hard. If you can't get a burn onto gambit, whether thats because of good play or lum berry, this mon can be very difficult for the team to deal with. Just hit focus blast lol

Ogerpon Wellspring/Manaphy- The offensive profile of water and grass is very strong against this team. Tera dragon Zapdos is used to remedy to this, but a well placed crit or dodge can mean the ruin of this team.

Importable
https://pokepast.es/8c126f87769e18c0

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1986694836

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1987347246-m7wtrkou3c56fm8t9qhn5wyjhbljxohpw?p2

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1987326788-gnb2aibgpn0mor9wjl4hycegoqap757pw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1987244632-o1z4fafrl99enh6e9ci4102hh78jt64pw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1985939130-yv5x1tcv5b2t4bq5vtfifm2cat0jjtxpw?p2

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1985890804-nw9kqjhrkcglmhusxt7secyfgw2fkgtpw?p2

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1986559015

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1986527121?p2

1LDK

Trial by fury
is a Top Team Rater
Hey, cool team and congrats on the peak, since it's a solid team I can't say much, but I do have some soft considerations regarding zapdos

U-turn over Volt Switch can be better considering we are in a ground infested meta and you now no longer get walled by ting lu
and probably discharge over thunder wave for doing damage while fishing for that nice para

Like I said, it's only soft suggestions, and once again, congrats on the good work

Hey, cool team and congrats on the peak, since it's a solid team I can't say much, but I do have some soft considerations regarding zapdos

U-turn over Volt Switch can be better considering we are in a ground infested meta and you now no longer get walled by ting lu
and probably discharge over thunder wave for doing damage while fishing for that nice para

Like I said, it's only soft suggestions, and once again, congrats on the good work
Thank you for the feedback! Yes! I also think that u-turn is a good alternative. However, I like the extra power that volt switch provides, and the only ground types that want to switch in to a possible hurricane are gliscor and ting-lu. With gliscor possibly being banned, I think volt switch will be the better option. I think that in the event gliscor gets banned, the ev spread of hoopa-u could also be changed to speed creep adamant max speed kingambit and invest the extra ev's and nature into def or spdef to better take neutral hits and give it an easier time to set up nasty plots :D Also how was the write up overall? Is there anything that can be improved in that aspect?

1LDK

Trial by fury
is a Top Team Rater
Also how was the write up overall? Is there anything that can be improved in that aspect?
it was good, you explained well why you went with certain item choices, move choices, etc. and you explained how the team synergizes together, if you really want a 5-star read, you can put some p r e t t y c o l o r s to make it look cutier, but that's just an optional, great job

it was good, you explained well why you went with certain item choices, move choices, etc. and you explained how the team synergizes together, if you really want a 5-star read, you can put some p r e t t y c o l o r s to make it look cutier, but that's just an optional, great job
Cool! I'm not exactly sure how to add colors, but I'll try to figure it out next time. :psynervous:

1LDK

Trial by fury
is a Top Team Rater
Cool! I'm not exactly sure how to add colors, but I'll try to figure it out next time. :psynervous:
On the writing tools, the rain drop besides the A, the color section, you highlight a section aand pum, magic colors
if your not satisfied with the catalog, go to google and type
rgb color picker or open a page for it

I am now using #Eabc65 also known as Porsche

when your tired of using the color, or wanna delete aa color, you highlight it and click on the eraser icon on the color section

On the writing tools, the rain drop besides the A, the color section, you highlight a section aand pum, magic colors
if your not satisfied with the catalog, go to google and type
rgb color picker or open a page for it

I am now using #Eabc65 also known as Porsche

when your tired of using the color, or wanna delete aa color, you highlight it and click on the eraser icon on the color section
Ooooh, very nice. Thank you for your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)