np SS UU Stage 0 - All I Want for Christmas is UU (UU Alpha is live!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time poster longtime lurker but here is a team I made that peaked 8th on the ladder with description
https://pokepast.es/6a8923f191ea96e9

Screenshot (4).png

This team was built around Dual status Salazzle and PhysDef Kommo-o synergy (Sage's set, he posted a good description in his team, I'm just building on the idea with another core). A common scenario is Kommo-o sets up rocks and invites in the common fairies of the tier, Weezing-G, Sylveon and Alcremie. Salazzle can come in and get a free Substitute with its 4x resistance to fairy and 2x resistance to mystical fire coverage. Under a substitute Salazzle can spread status: Toxic to cripple fatter mons and T-wave for fast threats such as Scarfers, Gengar, Inteleon and Braviary to name a few. High speed and substitute can stall out slower dynamaxers.
Obstagoon is my main wallbreaker and ghost check, it can potentially sweep late game with tailwind and T-wave support due to its good speed tier coverage and guts boost.
Doublade is here to pivot into fighting and flying types. Rock slide is used to hit flying types harder as well as punishing Charizard or Centiscorch on switch. +2 shadow sneak can sweep late game and synergizes with Obstagoon as a status absorber as doublade invites wisp users.
Whimsicott is my answer to webs as Prankster tailwind can counteract the speed penalty due to my team being grounded. Heavy duty boots prevents speed loss allowing it to revenge KO common Web abusers such as Opposing Obstagoon after rocks and burn, Crawdawnt,and Sirfetch'd. Memento to stop Dynamax snowball.
Inteleon is my Sweeper and main Dynamaxer. Max air-stream +1 and Geyser rain cleans up pretty efficiently as long as hydro pump lands. Surf can be run instead but I prefer the power outside Dynamax.

Weaknesses: This team's main weakness is the lack of hazard control: no spin or defog. Hazard stack Offence is probably the most difficult match up I found.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I've been playing a fair bit of UU recently: Not top of the ladder by any means, but I'm doing pretty ok, certainly far from bottom of the barrel trash level. I've been enjoying it more than OU, even if Dynamax is still pretty goofy down here I still find this meta way more varied with playstyles like Stall not being totally suffocated. To get to where I am, I've been mainly alternating between 2 teams with a recent 3rd team. I'd like to show you all the 2 Pokemon that have been on all of those teams.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Gengar requires no introduction: You switch it in, stuff dies. If you can fit in room in a match to set up Nasty Plot, even more stuff dies! One critique I do have about it though is its Gigantamax form. While G-Max Terror trapping foes a la Spirit Shackle is at least a marginal improvement over the normal Max Haunt's useless Defense drop, I've found that it doesn't really come into play as often as you would think. Gengar is all about eliminating mons with high-power attacks before they can take it out first, so the trapping doesn't do much for it in my experience. That said, it's still an extremely powerful, highly splashable attacker that I think will be a lot more manageable once Dynamax goes.

image.jpg

Coalossal is definitely a lot more obscure than ol' Gengy, but in my honest opinion it's one of the best blanket checks currently available aside from Galarian Weezing. You know how Seismitoad in OU checks prominent Pokemon like Rotom-Wash, Dracovish and other Rain abusers? Coalossal does something similar in UU against the copious amounts of Max Airstream spam and to a lesser extent Sun, in part thanks to Flash Fire access. Rock/Fire is honestly far from a bad defensive typing: It has some pretty bad weaknesses, but it also has 7 resistances, which is nothing to scoff at. But my favorite thing about it has to be the heaps of valuable utility it has. Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock, Spikes, Will-O-Wisp, even Scald! Obviously you can't fit this all on one set, but it still makes Coalossal very customizable for what your team needs. To top it all off, moves like Heat Crash and Body Press make it deceptively powerful. In short, don't sleep on Coalossal!

And now for some honorable mentions I don't feel like making more detailed write-ups for:
Indeedee is my favorite new Pokemon competitively. Give the genius who decided to bless it with Psychic Surge a raise, because that alone makes both forms awesome Scarfers and supporters for fellow sweepers. Yes, you heard that right, both forms: Female Indeedee gets Healing Wish, which automatically gives it a big niche over the Male variant as a Scarfer.

Obstagoon is dummy strong. The meh natural Attack stat is basically negligible when it has the best STABs a Guts user could ever ask for. The bulk it has is also super clutch!

Reuniclus is an absurd late-game cleaner and it really baffles me how underused it is. Hehe, get it?? I did a funny!

:Xatu:Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Future Sight
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Teleport

:Trapinch:Trapinch @ Eviolite
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- First Impression
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Rock Slide / Protect

I've been enjoying this combination a lot. Teleport is an amazing pivot move on Xatu, and it fits very well with Future Sight, allowing you to pivot out on the opponent's switch-in, generally a Dark-type. Trapinch is honestly quite solid right now, and pairs nicely with Teleport Xatu. First Impression was a godsend for it, and allows it to trap and kill a lot of faster threats. For instance, it outprioritizes Ice Shard and has a decent shot of OHKOing Weavile outright. Trapinch is also quite effective against Drapion and such. Eviolite is nice on Trapinch because it actually becomes somewhat bulky, and it doesn't need to be at 1% health because it gets Superpower over Reversal. I run min speed on it because with 10 base speed, it becomes fairly effective against Trick Room teams.

Trapinch can also force mons to take Future Sight damage instead of being able to pivot out, which is cool.

Trapinch is the truth.

Last edited:

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
I've tried some things that didn't look very viable, but have surprised me.

Galvantula 70 77 60 97 60 108
Sticky web, good speed tier and Thunder+Compound Eyes have made me to choose it instead of Ribombee. It's paralysis chance can also save you to be defeated by an unstoppable Dynamax sweep. It also uses Volt Switch and... Sucker Punch. It surprises weak Pokes as Gengar , it is able to do 2HKO against Polteageist Thunder+SuckerPunch, and revenge kill sash or boosted users with low HP.

Eldegoss 60 50 90 80 120 60
Though it's Grass Type isn't the best for a wall, it's movepool and ability makes it a very comfortable choice. Rapid Spin allows to remove hazards as it boosts your speed for a fast Aromatherapy or Leech Seed. Very good Aromatherapy user for those burned physical teammates or paralyzed sweepers. Leech Seed is essential for any Grass Type with these characteristics. Protect for any Toxic or Leech Seed stall and to scout Choice items users like Weavile. It's movepool has more viable options as Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, Cotton Guard, Synthesis, Pollen Puff or Worry Seed. Regenerator allows it to switch at low HP and keep it safe.

Gigalith 85 135 130 60 80 25
It's good bulk makes it a good way to stop most of the Physical sweepers. Access to SR, Explosion, Rock Slide and EQ, it's best set in my opinion. SR breaks Sash and Sturdy users. EQ+Rock Slide has always been a fantastic coverage, making sure to OHKO threats like Charizard, Frosmoth, Coalossal, Ribombee, Salazzle, Toxicroak or Weavile. Explosion+Sturdy allows to deal high damage to any boosted threat or Dynamaxed boosted enemies. Sturdy is also a good way to spend 2 Dynamax turns.

Dunno if it would be good or not, but i should try Purrserker in this tier after noticing that it has a rather high 110 base attack, interesting coverage options like CC, Seed Bomb, Play Rough, and Crunch/Throat Chop, and the fact that Steely Spirit will also boost its own Iron Head by 50%. A slow base 50 speed and 60 base SpDef are definite weak points though, so I am not too optimistic about it sticking around in UU, but it should be able to invest a bit in defenses and can wear an Assault Vest to patch that up a bit.

prikshit

Banned deucer.
My Dear Friends.... Prikshit Has Returned To Reclaim His Seat Atop The Mountain Of UnderUsed Tier :pimp::pimp: It Has Been A While, But I Am Feeling Like It Is Diwali All Over Again With The New Generation Joining Us.... I Have Played Quite A Lot Of The UnderUsed Now And Have Some Thoughts To Share With All My Brothers And Sisters...

1575740180813.png
- Now This Is A Strong Pokemon!! I Always Missed Clanging Dragon When He Was Stolen Last Generation By The Thieves In OverUsed But We Finally Have The Boy Back... Throat Spray Is A Good Item And It Has New Boosting Move....Hehehe

1575740313093.png
- Some Friends Have Mentioned This Boy Here But I Still Believe He Is Gutter Trash Even Now...

1575740036750.png
- Let Us End With The Bad News... This Pokemon Is Gutter Filth And Is Sewage From The Sewers Of Mumbai!! Trash That Will Fly By In The Street And A Pokemon I Only Believe Those Less Skilled At The Game Will Use... But I Suppose We All Make Mistakes...:pikuh: I Call This Pokemon 'Peasant Greninja' To My Friends... It Has The Terrible Coverage, Not Too Much Power, It Is Just A Very Boring One Dimensional Pokemon, A Very Forgettable Piece Of Filth... The Noob Pokemon Of This Generation, A Title Held Esteemed By Gligar Last Generation...

And Most Importantly....

1575740578181.png
- Rest In Peaces You Donkey Sewage Boy!! You Will Not Be Missed... Your Ashes Will Be Scattered In The Prosperous Rivers Of The New Generation, Many Times More Prosperous Because Of Your Absence From It!! Never Ever Come Back And Soil The Waters Of My Tier, But I Am Sure As The Tier Develops We Will Find New Sewage To Infiltrate And Infect Us....

Happy Generation Eight My Friends, Speak Soon :pimp:

Jaajgko

I will disband the soccer club
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Braviary is so good right now. Brave Bird Close Combat is only resisted by Rotom-Fan and Doublade, but if one of the two gets popular it can run rock slide or shadow claw to cover them. It can run Scarf and Bulk Up, all of which make great use of dynamax thanks to the amazing combination of +1 speed and +1 attack. Its ability Defiant makes it an amazing anti-defogger in Veil and Sticky Web teams which are really strong atm. Other alternatives to the two I stated are Rhyperior and Bronzong, but Bronzong doesn't do anything to sub bulk up and Rhyperior still takes a lot from close combat and after a +1 defense boost Braviary can dynamax to 2hko with max knuckle. This mon has everything : it absuses the best offensive achetypes well, it destroys both offense and fat teams with the Sub Bulk Up set, since it can snowball against offense by clicking Max Airstream to outspeed everything and Max Knuckle to ensure getting some KOs after having dynamaxed and avoid status to setup to +2-3 against bulky teams. The only problem are stall teams with Pyukumuku but those seem as solid as Kartana's SpD atm and still have to fear the mighty choice band Braviary.

This might seem like a pretty weird thing to say; but Spikes are pretty darn good right now.

There are not many good Flying-types in UU. There's Noivern; Braviary; Sigilyph and maybe on the cusp of being good you have Fan-Rotom; Xatu and Charizard.

In terms of Levitators; you have the various Rotoms, Galar-Wheezing, and Flygon.

That's actually not much which is immune to Spikes damage. And 1 layer of Spikes does the same damage as neutral SR.

I'm not sure why I'm not seeing Spikes. Especially when Spikes is on things like Accelgor; Mew and Froslass that outspeed most of the tier and thus can near-guarentee at least 1 set up. Froslass is even a spinblocker.

Also Toxic Spikes. About the only Poison-types being used are Gengar and Wheezing; and the latter packs Levitate so isn't soaking T-Spikes. Again; Mew and Accelgor can use this. So can Roserade and Drapion [People are sleeping on these two in general IMO. Drapion is a great Gengar check]; who are both pretty fast and threatening. Even Runerigus gets his hands on T-Spikes for some reason. Distribution of T-Spikes really isn't bad.

Last edited:

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
View attachment 210250 - Rest In Peaces You Donkey Sewage Boy!! You Will Not Be Missed... Your Ashes Will Be Scattered In The Prosperous Rivers Of The New Generation, Many Times More Prosperous Because Of Your Absence From It!! Never Ever Come Back And Soil The Waters Of My Tier, But I Am Sure As The Tier Develops We Will Find New Sewage To Infiltrate And Infect Us....
Happy Generation Eight My Friends, Speak Soon :pimp:
He's coming back when Home is released! Home in general is going to make quite a splash across the board.

Dunno if it would be good or not, but i should try Purrserker in this tier after noticing that it has a rather high 110 base attack, interesting coverage options like CC, Seed Bomb, Play Rough, and Crunch/Throat Chop, and the fact that Steely Spirit will also boost its own Iron Head by 50%. A slow base 50 speed and 60 base SpDef are definite weak points though, so I am not too optimistic about it sticking around in UU, but it should be able to invest a bit in defenses and can wear an Assault Vest to patch that up a bit.
I feel that Perrserker is not worth the effort in this tier, aside from relatively high attack and a slow U-turn it doesn't offer much in this tier. There's enough steel types to choose from right now: Doublade, Duraladon, Copperajah (which frankly isn't as good unless you use D-max for the steel-type stealth rocks but that wastes your D-max), Steelix and Durant. The last one in particular doing what Perrserker can do but better, despite the relatively smaller movepool. But independent on which of these steels will remain in UU and which will drop, I feel that even then Perrserker won't be able to keep up with the other steel types that remain. All of whom offer either better utility (Bronzong, Ferroseed, Silvally(?), Mawile and G-Stunfisk) or better offensive pressure (Escavalier(can't believe I'm thinking it'll drop but Charizard and flying types are just too dominant), A-Dugtrio, Lucario (wow) and Klinklang) or both (Togedemaru). It doesn't look good Perrserker I'm afraid : (

If Terrains are indeed ~x1.3 now instead of x1.5; that is quite an impact to Indeedee and Psychic/Electric/Grass type Dynamaxes. Although I suppose it's an indirect buff to Misty Terrain since that terrain dosen't buff Fairy-attacks but instead weakens Dragon-type attacks. But Misty Terrain is kind of awful in general [Especially since most pokemon who can set it are Fairies and thus immune to Dragon anyway. It suffers from Mud Sport redundancy syndrome]

Although; Psychic Terrain nullifying Priority is still quite a powerful effect. So I wouldn't say Indeedee is suddenly not relevant. And it's still a free LO boost to Psychic-type attacks.

Perrserker is simply too slow. It has 50 Base Speed; which isn't even enough to really outspeed faster pokemon even with Web support. 252+ Speed Perrserker only hits 218 speed. You don't even outspeed things like 0 Speed Base 95's without support.

And while Steely Spirit is a x1.5 multiplier to Steel-type attacks; Copparajah has Sheer Force; which is 1.3x and lets you use LO without recoil; while also having a Base 130 Atk [Compared to Zerker's 110] and Sheer Force applies on it's other moves such as Play Rough. Copparajah is also far tankier than Perrzerker on the special side [122/69 v 70/60] and comparable on the physical side, so also has an easier time switching in.

Pretty sure Copparajah outclasses Perrzerker. Copparajah is even slower than Perrserker; but when you're in the 50~30 speed range you can easily argue slower is actually better because at that point you're looking at Trick Room if you seriously wish to outspeed things.

The two main advantages I can see Perrzerker having are Gunk Shot and a [slow] U-Turn. But Copperajah has Power Whip; Earthquake; Zen Headbutt and Rock Slide [Superior to Stone Edge due to Sheer Force] to boast over Perrzerker.

Last edited:

D IN YOUR A

Banned deucer.
Hello all.

This is a great tier so far. I am definitely enjoying myself. Some good Pokemon too. Obstagoon is great. Very powerful, that Pokemon is. Copperajah is great too. Saw it in a Blunder video, thought to myself it looked great and indeed my apparition was correct. Been using Delibird on the ladder too. Suicide lead kind of thing. Think of it as the Excadrill of UnderUsed. Diggersby is a great Pokemon too. Lots of power behind it. Not too fond of a couple of Pokemon though. Moody annoys me. Interested to see where this tier heads. Very much so, in fact.

Kind regards,
D IN YOUR A.

Moody just got banned from OU. Unless the council directly objects, I'm pretty sure this'll trickle down to UU as well. See ya later, Glalie cheese!
Anything banned in OU is automatically banned in UU; as higher tiers are essentially a banlist for UU.

UU dosen't have to ban Zacian; because OU already did it.

I actually had to face an attempted Galie cheese in my Tourny game; but it didn't work out. But that dosen't change the fact that while it's a less likly outcome than before [EG: You're probobly not going to be seeing Bidoof sweeping Ubers without Evasion]; Moody is kind of just pure; unadulterated BS and has no place in competitive.

Dumb Sir

Banned deucer.
Anything banned in OU is automatically banned in UU; as higher tiers are essentially a banlist for UU.

UU dosen't have to ban Zacian; because OU already did it.
Just wanted to bring up that this isn't the case all the time.

USUM RU leaves Drought unbanned even though USUM UU has the ability banned. Policies will differ from tier to tier, generation to generation, and circumstance to circumstance. I'm not saying I disagree with the Moody ban, that shit is the definition of uncompetitive, I'm just saying it's not completely set in stone for a policy to trickle down the tiers, it's merely the most commonly followed precedent.

Just wanted to bring up that this isn't the case all the time.

USUM RU leaves Drought unbanned even though USUM UU has the ability banned. Policies will differ from tier to tier, generation to generation, and circumstance to circumstance. I'm not saying I disagree with the Moody ban, that shit is the definition of uncompetitive, I'm just saying it's not completely set in stone for a policy to trickle down the tiers, it's merely the most commonly followed precedent.
USUM RU; if I recall; also specifically unbanned Drought, because there wasn't as many pokemon in RU to abuse it and set it up. I'll be honest; USUM RU was not a tier I paid much attention to.

The default is it is banned if it's banned in the tier above. Of course, a tier can over-rule it with their own processes. But it's still the default.

Since the UU Council haven't taken any action to unban Moody from UU; it's banned in UU unless they do otherwise. Likewise; the Council dosen't need to vote on banning Moody; since OU banned it.

Throat Spray Clangorous Soul Kommo-o is so nasty. Clangorous Soul is debatably better than Clangorous Soulblaze because you don't have to worry about using the move into a Fairy and getting no boosts. I've seen multiple Dazzling Gleam Scarf Gengars kill me though so I don't think it's too hard to prep for (you can live if you Dynamax though). https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1027411677

Also! Run Soundproof. Lots of parting shot (I don't think many people even know parting shot is a sound move) and dunks on sylveon too. Also nice for opposing Kommo-o. - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1027514505

Also - Boltund is lowkey pretty good in this tier. It hits annoyingly hard and has very good coverage. Excellent speed tier too. It's gonna be a lot better once Dynamax is gone.

Also also also! Big fan of Lum Berry Haxorus. So much lazy building rn of slapping willo on fat things like Jellicent thinking its enough to check Haxorous but it's NOT. Always run jolly (97 speed in this tier is good af), always run lum. Enjoy Dynamax while its still here, I have had so much fun dragon dancing then nuking Whimsicotts that encored me, it's a special level of cathartic being a Dragon that slays fairies.

Last edited:
The uu metagame will be fine once Dynamax is banned. Some Pokemon have few counterplay. In my opinion Kommo-o is borderline. I'm not sure, if a metagame where you must used Kommo-O Soundproof to stop Kommo-O CS is healthy or not.

Anyway, we have coolmons in Frosmoth and Weezing-G. Frosmoth gives you an amazing special sponge to keep in check NP Gengar. Ice+Bug is hard walled by fire and steel typed Pokémon. Fortunately, fire-type is weak to stealth rock and steel typed Pokémon in UU have weak SpD. Even Mamoswine is a setup bait for the moth.

Weezing-G is a good performer in role compression : status spreader, hazard remover, cleric, tspikes setter, stallbreaker, ground, fighting, fairy, dark and dragon check who's not even weak to SR nor Toxic. Weezing fits so well in balance or defensive teams.

Dhelmise @ Leftovers
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Power Whip
- Anchor Shot
- Shadow Claw

I am surprised how little I have seen this beast. What else can both spin and remove hazards other than anchor himself? While also having the bulk to take a hit should the foe decide to predict and hit you for damage? And to top that off, after you have successfully cucked them out of existence, you nuke someone with your triple stab coming off of a 131 attack stat. Bring Morpeko or prepare to get a new one torn

UU Alpha Tour Round One

Round 1

Code:
+ ---- + ------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon            | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
+ ---- + ------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| 1    | Kommo-o            |   65 |  42.76% |  53.85% |
| 2    | Gengar             |   41 |  26.97% |  53.66% |
| 3    | Weezing-Galar      |   28 |  18.42% |  64.29% |
| 4    | Mamoswine          |   23 |  15.13% |  52.17% |
| 5    | Umbreon            |   22 |  14.47% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Polteageist        |   22 |  14.47% |  40.91% |
| 7    | Ribombee           |   21 |  13.82% |  61.90% |
| 8    | Durant             |   20 |  13.16% |  55.00% |
| 8    | Inteleon           |   20 |  13.16% |  40.00% |
| 10   | Doublade           |   19 |  12.50% |  52.63% |
| 11   | Rotom-Mow          |   18 |  11.84% |  44.44% |
| 12   | Braviary           |   16 |  10.53% |  75.00% |
| 12   | Indeedee           |   16 |  10.53% |  56.25% |
| 12   | Heliolisk          |   16 |  10.53% |  43.75% |
| 15   | Crawdaunt          |   15 |   9.87% |  53.33% |
| 15   | Silvally           |   15 |   9.87% |  46.67% |
| 17   | Obstagoon          |   14 |   9.21% |  71.43% |
| 17   | Hippowdon          |   14 |   9.21% |  71.43% |
| 19   | Copperajah         |   13 |   8.55% |  46.15% |
| 19   | Tsareena           |   13 |   8.55% |  38.46% |
| 21   | Claydol            |   12 |   7.89% |  66.67% |
| 21   | Weavile            |   12 |   7.89% |  66.67% |
| 21   | Sylveon            |   12 |   7.89% |  58.33% |
| 21   | Mew                |   12 |   7.89% |  50.00% |
| 21   | Milotic            |   12 |   7.89% |  50.00% |
| 21   | Haxorus            |   12 |   7.89% |  50.00% |
| 27   | Duraludon          |   11 |   7.24% |  72.73% |
| 27   | Eiscue             |   11 |   7.24% |  45.45% |
| 27   | Chandelure         |   11 |   7.24% |  36.36% |
| 27   | Rhyperior          |   11 |   7.24% |  27.27% |
| 27   | Charizard          |   11 |   7.24% |  27.27% |
| 32   | Diggersby          |   10 |   6.58% |  70.00% |
| 32   | Arcanine           |   10 |   6.58% |  60.00% |
| 32   | Lucario            |   10 |   6.58% |  50.00% |
| 32   | Whimsicott         |   10 |   6.58% |  50.00% |
| 36   | Snorlax            |    9 |   5.92% |  66.67% |
| 36   | Espeon             |    9 |   5.92% |  55.56% |
| 36   | Sigilyph           |    9 |   5.92% |  55.56% |
| 36   | Mr. Mime-Galar     |    9 |   5.92% |  44.44% |
| 36   | Reuniclus          |    9 |   5.92% |  33.33% |
| 36   | Cinccino           |    9 |   5.92% |  33.33% |
| 42   | Drapion            |    8 |   5.26% |  87.50% |
| 42   | Alcremie           |    8 |   5.26% |  75.00% |
| 42   | Roserade           |    8 |   5.26% |  50.00% |
| 42   | Coalossal          |    8 |   5.26% |  37.50% |
| 42   | Avalugg            |    8 |   5.26% |  25.00% |
| 47   | Salazzle           |    7 |   4.61% |  71.43% |
| 47   | Sirfetch'd         |    7 |   4.61% |  14.29% |
| 47   | Morpeko            |    7 |   4.61% |   0.00% |
| 50   | Orbeetle           |    6 |   3.95% |  83.33% |
| 50   | Jellicent          |    6 |   3.95% |  66.67% |
| 50   | Cloyster           |    6 |   3.95% |  66.67% |
| 50   | Centiskorch        |    6 |   3.95% |  66.67% |
| 50   | Froslass           |    6 |   3.95% |  66.67% |
| 50   | Xatu               |    6 |   3.95% |  33.33% |
| 50   | Eldegoss           |    6 |   3.95% |  16.67% |
| 57   | Araquanid          |    5 |   3.29% |  60.00% |
| 57   | Bronzong           |    5 |   3.29% |  40.00% |
| 57   | Hitmontop          |    5 |   3.29% |  40.00% |
| 57   | Rapidash-Galar     |    5 |   3.29% |  40.00% |
| 57   | Steelix            |    5 |   3.29% |  40.00% |
| 57   | Rotom-Fan          |    5 |   3.29% |  40.00% |
| 57   | Runerigus          |    5 |   3.29% |  20.00% |
| 57   | Frosmoth           |    5 |   3.29% |  20.00% |
| 57   | Vanilluxe          |    5 |   3.29% |  20.00% |
| 57   | Noivern            |    5 |   3.29% |   0.00% |
| 67   | Barbaracle         |    4 |   2.63% |  75.00% |
| 67   | Flygon             |    4 |   2.63% |  75.00% |
| 67   | Mantine            |    4 |   2.63% |  50.00% |
| 67   | Machamp            |    4 |   2.63% |  50.00% |
| 67   | Quagsire           |    4 |   2.63% |  50.00% |
| 67   | Glalie             |    4 |   2.63% |  25.00% |
| 67   | Octillery          |    4 |   2.63% |  25.00% |
| 67   | Golisopod          |    4 |   2.63% |  25.00% |
| 67   | Gardevoir          |    4 |   2.63% |   0.00% |
| 76   | Mr. Rime           |    3 |   1.97% |  66.67% |
| 76   | Togedemaru         |    3 |   1.97% |  66.67% |
| 76   | Hitmonlee          |    3 |   1.97% |  66.67% |
| 76   | Escavalier         |    3 |   1.97% |  33.33% |
| 76   | Appletun           |    3 |   1.97% |  33.33% |
| 76   | Aromatisse         |    3 |   1.97% |   0.00% |
| 82   | Vileplume          |    2 |   1.32% | 100.00% |
| 82   | Vikavolt           |    2 |   1.32% |  50.00% |
| 82   | Passimian          |    2 |   1.32% |  50.00% |
| 82   | Pyukumuku          |    2 |   1.32% |  50.00% |
| 82   | Falinks            |    2 |   1.32% |  50.00% |
| 82   | Gastrodon          |    2 |   1.32% |  50.00% |
| 82   | Rillaboom          |    2 |   1.32% |  50.00% |
| 82   | Galvantula         |    2 |   1.32% |  50.00% |
| 82   | Flapple            |    2 |   1.32% |  50.00% |
| 82   | Vaporeon           |    2 |   1.32% |  50.00% |
| 82   | Klinklang          |    2 |   1.32% |   0.00% |
| 82   | Gigalith           |    2 |   1.32% |   0.00% |
| 82   | Goodra             |    2 |   1.32% |   0.00% |
| 82   | Arctovish          |    2 |   1.32% |   0.00% |
| 82   | Shuckle            |    2 |   1.32% |   0.00% |
| 82   | Bewear             |    2 |   1.32% |   0.00% |
| 98   | Rotom-Frost        |    1 |   0.66% | 100.00% |
| 98   | Cofagrigus         |    1 |   0.66% | 100.00% |
| 98   | Dhelmise           |    1 |   0.66% | 100.00% |
| 98   | Cramorant          |    1 |   0.66% | 100.00% |
| 98   | Shiinotic          |    1 |   0.66% | 100.00% |
| 98   | Butterfree         |    1 |   0.66% | 100.00% |
| 98   | Drednaw            |    1 |   0.66% | 100.00% |
| 98   | Vullaby            |    1 |   0.66% | 100.00% |
| 98   | Arctozolt          |    1 |   0.66% | 100.00% |
| 98   | Mareanie           |    1 |   0.66% | 100.00% |
| 98   | Cursola            |    1 |   0.66% |   0.00% |
| 98   | Boltund            |    1 |   0.66% |   0.00% |
| 98   | Kingler            |    1 |   0.66% |   0.00% |
| 98   | Dubwool            |    1 |   0.66% |   0.00% |
| 98   | Morgrem            |    1 |   0.66% |   0.00% |
| 98   | Torkoal            |    1 |   0.66% |   0.00% |
| 98   | Shiftry            |    1 |   0.66% |   0.00% |
| 98   | Scrafty            |    1 |   0.66% |   0.00% |
| -    | Gourgeist-*        |    1 |   0.66% |   0.00% |
| 98   | Gourgeist-Super    |    1 |   0.66% |   0.00% |
| 98   | Thievul            |    1 |   0.66% |   0.00% |
| 98   | Sandaconda         |    1 |   0.66% |   0.00% |

Here are the usage stats from round one of the UU Alpha tour, which I thought would be a good idea to share here for those of you interested and maybe it will help spark some discussion with regards to the metagame. To no ones surprise Kommo-o sits on his throne as the king of UU Alpha with other noticeable Pokemon in Gengar and Polteageist falling shortly behind. Surprisingly Galarian Weezing has the third most usage in the tourney so far cementing itself as a strong defensive staple, while Umbreon has also peaked in usage a lot in this first round as another defensive staple. These usage stats also point out that the current meta is very offense-oriented with 4 of the top 5 Pokemon being offensive threats as well as Ribombee's usage being so high. I would like to say though that just because a Pokemon has really low usage doesn't necessarily mean it isn't good, for instance stuff like Pyukumuku and Bewear etc. You should also not take winrate as a sole determiner when looking at this to discuss their viability as many factors can also affect this, especially for the low usage Pokemon.

Below are all the stats related to moves and teammates commonly used on the top 5 Pokemon. I did remove some of the partners that were paired with them only once as I don't think it provides anything noticeable.

Code:
+ ---- + ----------------------- + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon                 | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
| 1    | [Kommo-o]               |   65 |  42.76% |  53.85% |
| Rank | Moves                   | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
| 1    | Stealth Rock            |   21 |  32.31% |  52.38% |
| 2    | Clanging Scales         |   17 |  26.15% |  64.71% |
| 3    | Clangorous Soul         |   13 |  20.00% |  53.85% |
| 4    | Body Press              |   10 |  15.38% |  70.00% |
| 5    | Dragon Tail             |    9 |  13.85% |  33.33% |
| 6    | Protect                 |    8 |  12.31% |  62.50% |
| 7    | Close Combat            |    7 |  10.77% |  85.71% |
| 8    | Max Wyrmwind            |    6 |   9.23% |  83.33% |
| 9    | Max Flare               |    3 |   4.62% | 100.00% |
| 9    | Flamethrower            |    3 |   4.62% | 100.00% |
| 11   | Taunt                   |    2 |   3.08% | 100.00% |
| 11   | Max Knuckle             |    2 |   3.08% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Flash Cannon            |    2 |   3.08% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Focus Blast             |    2 |   3.08% |   0.00% |
| 11   | Drain Punch             |    2 |   3.08% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Ice Punch               |    1 |   1.54% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Dragon Pulse            |    1 |   1.54% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Earthquake              |    1 |   1.54% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Poison Jab              |    1 |   1.54% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Substitute              |    1 |   1.54% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Belly Drum              |    1 |   1.54% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Max Lightning           |    1 |   1.54% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Dragon Dance            |    1 |   1.54% |   0.00% |
| Rank | Teammates               | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
| 1    | Gengar                  |   23 |  35.38% |  56.52% |
| 2    | Polteageist             |   14 |  21.54% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Doublade                |   12 |  18.46% |  58.33% |
| 4    | Mamoswine               |   11 |  16.92% |  54.55% |
| 4    | Rotom-Mow               |   11 |  16.92% |  45.45% |
| 4    | Silvally                |   11 |  16.92% |  45.45% |
| 4    | Umbreon                 |   11 |  16.92% |  45.45% |
| 8    | Durant                  |   10 |  15.38% |  60.00% |
| 9    | Weezing-Galar           |    9 |  13.85% |  55.56% |
| 9    | Cinccino                |    9 |  13.85% |  33.33% |
| 11   | Ribombee                |    8 |  12.31% |  75.00% |
| 11   | Mr. Mime-Galar          |    8 |  12.31% |  37.50% |
| 13   | Salazzle                |    7 |  10.77% |  71.43% |
| 13   | Tsareena                |    7 |  10.77% |  42.86% |
| 13   | Inteleon                |    7 |  10.77% |  42.86% |
| 16   | Braviary                |    6 |   9.23% |  66.67% |
| 16   | Indeedee                |    6 |   9.23% |  66.67% |
| 16   | Weavile                 |    6 |   9.23% |  66.67% |
| 16   | Mew                     |    6 |   9.23% |  66.67% |
| 16   | Whimsicott              |    6 |   9.23% |  66.67% |
| 16   | Sigilyph                |    6 |   9.23% |  50.00% |
| 22   | Crawdaunt               |    5 |   7.69% |  80.00% |
| 22   | Diggersby               |    5 |   7.69% |  80.00% |
| 22   | Froslass                |    5 |   7.69% |  60.00% |
| 22   | Haxorus                 |    5 |   7.69% |  60.00% |
| 26   | Obstagoon               |    4 |   6.15% | 100.00% |
| 26   | Alcremie                |    4 |   6.15% |  75.00% |
| 26   | Drapion                 |    4 |   6.15% |  75.00% |
| 26   | Copperajah              |    4 |   6.15% |  50.00% |
| 26   | Charizard               |    4 |   6.15% |  50.00% |
| 26   | Espeon                  |    4 |   6.15% |  50.00% |
| 26   | Rhyperior               |    4 |   6.15% |  50.00% |
| 26   | Eldegoss                |    4 |   6.15% |  25.00% |
| 34   | Claydol                 |    3 |   4.62% | 100.00% |
| 34   | Reuniclus               |    3 |   4.62% |  66.67% |
| 34   | Eiscue                  |    3 |   4.62% |  66.67% |
| 34   | Quagsire                |    3 |   4.62% |  66.67% |
| 34   | Sylveon                 |    3 |   4.62% |  33.33% |
| 34   | Glalie                  |    3 |   4.62% |  33.33% |
| 34   | Octillery               |    3 |   4.62% |  33.33% |
| 34   | Rotom-Fan               |    3 |   4.62% |  33.33% |
| 34   | Hippowdon               |    3 |   4.62% |  33.33% |
| 34   | Heliolisk               |    3 |   4.62% |  33.33% |
| 34   | Gardevoir               |    3 |   4.62% |   0.00% |

Kommo-o stands above the rest with an exceptionally high usage stat, which says enough about its impact on the tier currently. Some things worth pointing out are that Stealth Rock sets are the most used in this tour. Based on replays there have been both offensive and defensive variants of this set, but I'll focus a bit on the defensive set as its a nice blanket check to a lot of threats in the tier like Crawdaunt and opposing Kommo-o. Clangerous Soul sets are still prevelant and fantastic sweepers, though there have been very few cases where it auto wins based on the replays from round 1. The top 3 partners are in fact also in the top 5 most used being Gengar, Polteageist, and Mamoswine, which reinforces how offensive the metagame is. Rotom-Mow and Silvally also have high usage with it but I am also gonna chalk this up to people using Sage's team a lot, but this doesn't disprove they don't work well with Kommo-o.

Code:
| 2    | [Gengar]                |   40 |  27.40% |  52.50% |
| 1    | Shadow Ball             |   15 |  37.50% |  46.67% |
| 2    | Sludge Wave             |    8 |  20.00% |  62.50% |
| 3    | Focus Blast             |    6 |  15.00% |  33.33% |
| 4    | Substitute              |    5 |  12.50% |  60.00% |
| 5    | Max Ooze                |    3 |   7.50% |  33.33% |
| 5    | Nasty Plot              |    3 |   7.50% |   0.00% |
| 7    | Dazzling Gleam          |    2 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 8    | Taunt                   |    1 |   2.50% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Hex                     |    1 |   2.50% | 100.00% |
| 8    | G-Max Terror            |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
| 8    | Sludge Bomb             |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
| 8    | Destiny Bond            |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
| 8    | Thunderbolt             |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
| 8    | Max Phantasm            |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
| 8    | Trick                   |    1 |   2.50% |   0.00% |
| 1    | Kommo-o                 |   22 |  55.00% |  54.55% |
| 2    | Ribombee                |   11 |  27.50% |  63.64% |
| 2    | Silvally                |   11 |  27.50% |  54.55% |
| 4    | Rotom-Mow               |    9 |  22.50% |  44.44% |
| 5    | Mr. Mime-Galar          |    8 |  20.00% |  37.50% |
| 5    | Cinccino                |    8 |  20.00% |  37.50% |
| 7    | Weavile                 |    5 |  12.50% |  80.00% |
| 7    | Mamoswine               |    5 |  12.50% |  80.00% |
| 9    | Diggersby               |    4 |  10.00% |  75.00% |
| 9    | Coalossal               |    4 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Copperajah              |    4 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Eiscue                  |    4 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Mew                     |    4 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Tsareena                |    4 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Glalie                  |    4 |  10.00% |  25.00% |
| 9    | Morpeko                 |    4 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Inteleon                |    4 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 18   | Lucario                 |    3 |   7.50% | 100.00% |
| 18   | Braviary                |    3 |   7.50% | 100.00% |
| 18   | Alcremie                |    3 |   7.50% | 100.00% |
| 18   | Weezing-Galar           |    3 |   7.50% | 100.00% |
| 18   | Milotic                 |    3 |   7.50% | 100.00% |
| 18   | Cloyster                |    3 |   7.50% |  66.67% |
| 18   | Espeon                  |    3 |   7.50% |  66.67% |
| 18   | Avalugg                 |    3 |   7.50% |  66.67% |
| 18   | Polteageist             |    3 |   7.50% |  66.67% |
| 18   | Durant                  |    3 |   7.50% |  66.67% |
| 18   | Haxorus                 |    3 |   7.50% |  66.67% |
| 18   | Sylveon                 |    3 |   7.50% |  33.33% |
| 18   | Octillery               |    3 |   7.50% |  33.33% |
| 18   | Eldegoss                |    3 |   7.50% |  33.33% |
| 18   | Sigilyph                |    3 |   7.50% |  33.33% |
| 18   | Sirfetch'd              |    3 |   7.50% |   0.00% |
| 34   | Hippowdon               |    2 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 34   | Snorlax                 |    2 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 34   | Vikavolt                |    2 |   5.00% |  50.00% |
| 34   | Passimian               |    2 |   5.00% |  50.00% |
| 34   | Rapidash-Galar          |    2 |   5.00% |  50.00% |
| 34   | Gastrodon               |    2 |   5.00% |  50.00% |
| 34   | Obstagoon               |    2 |   5.00% |  50.00% |
| 34   | Crawdaunt               |    2 |   5.00% |  50.00% |
| 34   | Barbaracle              |    2 |   5.00% |  50.00% |

Not too much to say here as most Gengar sets seem to be either Nasty Plot or Choice locked right now and while it does state that NP has a 0% winrate this is because the three times it was clicked those people didn't win the game. This could be a testament to it potentially being rather difficult for Gengar to set up without adequate support, but regardless it has over 20% usage with a respectable 50% winrate right now. As for partners Ribombee sticks out the most because Webs + NP are a really strong combination. Other partners like Silvally, Rotom-Mow, Cincinno, and Mr Mime Galar are also affected by Sage's team but again don't disregard them, but do look at other noticeable partners below them like Weavile and Diggersby.

Code:
| 3    | [Weezing-Galar]         |   28 |  19.18% |  64.29% |
| 1    | Strange Steam           |   15 |  53.57% |  53.33% |
| 2    | Defog                   |    8 |  28.57% |  37.50% |
| 3    | Toxic Spikes            |    7 |  25.00% |  57.14% |
| 4    | Will-O-Wisp             |    6 |  21.43% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Sludge Bomb             |    4 |  14.29% | 100.00% |
| 6    | Flamethrower            |    3 |  10.71% | 100.00% |
| 6    | Pain Split              |    3 |  10.71% |  66.67% |
| 6    | Toxic                   |    3 |  10.71% |  66.67% |
| 9    | Fire Blast              |    2 |   7.14% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Aromatherapy            |    1 |   3.57% | 100.00% |
| 10   | Max Starfall            |    1 |   3.57% | 100.00% |
| 1    | Umbreon                 |   11 |  39.29% |  72.73% |
| 2    | Hippowdon               |   10 |  35.71% |  80.00% |
| 3    | Kommo-o                 |    9 |  32.14% |  55.56% |
| 4    | Rotom-Mow               |    6 |  21.43% |  66.67% |
| 4    | Indeedee                |    6 |  21.43% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Heliolisk               |    5 |  17.86% |  60.00% |
| 6    | Doublade                |    5 |  17.86% |  60.00% |
| 6    | Inteleon                |    5 |  17.86% |  40.00% |
| 9    | Jellicent               |    4 |  14.29% |  75.00% |
| 9    | Duraludon               |    4 |  14.29% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Copperajah              |    3 |  10.71% | 100.00% |
| 11   | Gengar                  |    3 |  10.71% | 100.00% |
| 11   | Eiscue                  |    3 |  10.71% |  66.67% |
| 11   | Cloyster                |    3 |  10.71% |  66.67% |
| 11   | Araquanid               |    3 |  10.71% |  66.67% |
| 11   | Sylveon                 |    3 |  10.71% |  66.67% |
| 11   | Reuniclus               |    3 |  10.71% |  66.67% |
| 11   | Weavile                 |    3 |  10.71% |  66.67% |
| 11   | Snorlax                 |    3 |  10.71% |  33.33% |
| 20   | Xatu                    |    2 |   7.14% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Rotom-Fan               |    2 |   7.14% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Milotic                 |    2 |   7.14% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Durant                  |    2 |   7.14% |  50.00% |
| 20   | Rhyperior               |    2 |   7.14% |  50.00% |
| 20   | Escavalier              |    2 |   7.14% |  50.00% |
| 20   | Pyukumuku               |    2 |   7.14% |  50.00% |
| 20   | Avalugg                 |    2 |   7.14% |  50.00% |
| 20   | Diggersby               |    2 |   7.14% |  50.00% |
| 20   | Mamoswine               |    2 |   7.14% |  50.00% |
| 20   | Hitmonlee               |    2 |   7.14% |  50.00% |
| 20   | Coalossal               |    2 |   7.14% |  50.00% |
| 20   | Flygon                  |    2 |   7.14% |  50.00% |
| 20   | Salazzle                |    2 |   7.14% |  50.00% |

When I had checked Weezing usage near the midpoint of this tour it was very low but has since shot up to third place. Weezing has a unique typing in Poison and Fairy with access to three pretty good abilities even though Levitate is the only one it really wants to use. The reason I believe Galarian Weezing's usage is so high is because of the role compression it can provide to teams and being a Fairy-type with access to Defog is extremely good for it. As the usage stats show, Weezing is a great utility Pokemon with having Toxic Spikes, Will-O-Wisp, Aromatherapy, and Toxic all making it a unique and staple defensive wall in our tier. While I did say not to take everything from usage stats as a guaranteed way to highlight the viability of a Pokemon, I would like to point out it has the highest winrate out of the top 10 Pokemon.

Code:
| 4    | [Mamoswine]             |   23 |  15.13% |  52.17% |
| 1    | Earthquake              |   11 |  52.38% |  54.55% |
| 2    | Ice Shard               |    9 |  42.86% |  55.56% |
| 3    | Stealth Rock            |    8 |  38.10% |  50.00% |
| 4    | Icicle Crash            |    6 |  28.57% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Max Quake               |    2 |   9.52% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Max Hailstorm           |    2 |   9.52% |  50.00% |
| 1    | Kommo-o                 |   11 |  52.38% |  54.55% |
| 1    | Polteageist             |   11 |  52.38% |  36.36% |
| 3    | Ribombee                |    6 |  28.57% |  66.67% |
| 4    | Crawdaunt               |    5 |  23.81% |  80.00% |
| 4    | Gengar                  |    5 |  23.81% |  80.00% |
| 4    | Obstagoon               |    5 |  23.81% |  60.00% |
| 7    | Lucario                 |    4 |  19.05% |  75.00% |
| 7    | Durant                  |    4 |  19.05% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Weavile                 |    3 |  14.29% | 100.00% |
| 9    | Froslass                |    3 |  14.29% |  66.67% |
| 9    | Braviary                |    3 |  14.29% |  66.67% |
| 9    | Espeon                  |    3 |  14.29% |  33.33% |
| 13   | Orbeetle                |    2 |   9.52% | 100.00% |
| 13   | Charizard               |    2 |   9.52% | 100.00% |
| 13   | Silvally                |    2 |   9.52% | 100.00% |
| 13   | Mew                     |    2 |   9.52% | 100.00% |
| 13   | Chandelure              |    2 |   9.52% |  50.00% |
| 13   | Galvantula              |    2 |   9.52% |  50.00% |
| 13   | Tsareena                |    2 |   9.52% |  50.00% |
| 13   | Haxorus                 |    2 |   9.52% |  50.00% |
| 13   | Alcremie                |    2 |   9.52% |  50.00% |
| 13   | Weezing-Galar           |    2 |   9.52% |  50.00% |
| 13   | Hitmonlee               |    2 |   9.52% |  50.00% |
| 13   | Rotom-Fan               |    2 |   9.52% |   0.00% |
| 13   | Doublade                |    2 |   9.52% |   0.00% |

Mamoswine was a very straight forward Pokemon last gen and nothing has changed this gen except that a lot of its defensive checks are no longer in the game anymore. Standard AoA sets are still the most popular but with losing Knock Off it has gone back to being an offensive rocker on teams. Both LO and Sash variants of Mamoswine have been equally potent throughout this tour, the latter being more so on teams paired with other suicide leads like Ribombee. Clangerous Soul Kommo-o has been a noticeable partner with Mamoswine who can take up the role of a rocker for it to be a late-game sweeper.

Code:
| 4    | [Polteageist]           |   22 |  15.07% |  40.91% |
| 1    | Shell Smash             |   13 |  59.09% |  46.15% |
| 2    | Shadow Ball             |    9 |  40.91% |  55.56% |
| 3    | Giga Drain              |    7 |  31.82% |  42.86% |
| 4    | Stored Power            |    3 |  13.64% | 100.00% |
| 5    | Max Overgrowth          |    2 |   9.09% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Max Phantasm            |    1 |   4.55% | 100.00% |
| 6    | Substitute              |    1 |   4.55% |   0.00% |
| 1    | Kommo-o                 |   14 |  63.64% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Mamoswine               |   11 |  50.00% |  36.36% |
| 3    | Durant                  |    5 |  22.73% |  60.00% |
| 3    | Froslass                |    5 |  22.73% |  60.00% |
| 3    | Ribombee                |    5 |  22.73% |  60.00% |
| 3    | Lucario                 |    5 |  22.73% |  20.00% |
| 7    | Mew                     |    4 |  18.18% |  75.00% |
| 7    | Tsareena                |    4 |  18.18% |  25.00% |
| 9    | Eiscue                  |    3 |  13.64% | 100.00% |
| 9    | Braviary                |    3 |  13.64% | 100.00% |
| 9    | Crawdaunt               |    3 |  13.64% |  66.67% |
| 9    | Gengar                  |    3 |  13.64% |  66.67% |
| 9    | Espeon                  |    3 |  13.64% |  33.33% |
| 9    | Charizard               |    3 |  13.64% |  33.33% |
| 9    | Indeedee                |    3 |  13.64% |  33.33% |
| 9    | Haxorus                 |    3 |  13.64% |  33.33% |
| 17   | Diggersby               |    2 |   9.09% |  50.00% |
| 17   | Vanilluxe               |    2 |   9.09% |  50.00% |
| 17   | Goodra                  |    2 |   9.09% |   0.00% |
| 17   | Rotom-Fan               |    2 |   9.09% |   0.00% |
| 17   | Doublade                |    2 |   9.09% |   0.00% |
| 17   | Inteleon                |    2 |   9.09% |   0.00% |
| 17   | Hippowdon               |    2 |   9.09% |   0.00% |

The teapot has basically used one set this round and that is Shell Smash but that alone has warranted its high usage with just how powerful it is when paired with Stored Power, Weak Armor, and Dynamax. To be honest Poltea hasn't had an overwhelming performance so far with its most noticeable ones being when it is Dynamaxed. Without Dynamax Poltea is a lot more tame than ladder portrays it out to be as its easier to revenge kill and doesn't have a way to plough through all its defensive checks. To no surprise offensive partners like Kommo-o and Mamoswine are used a lot with it, especially with suicide leads like Ribombee and Froslass as well with Poltea not only benefiting from hazards but being a spinblocker too.

Code:
| 5    | [Umbreon]               |   22 |  14.47% |  50.00% |
| 1    | Foul Play               |   15 |  68.18% |  60.00% |
| 2    | Wish                    |   14 |  63.64% |  57.14% |
| 3    | Protect                 |    6 |  27.27% |  83.33% |
| 3    | Yawn                    |    6 |  27.27% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Taunt                   |    3 |  13.64% | 100.00% |
| 5    | Snarl                   |    3 |  13.64% |  66.67% |
| 7    | Max Darkness            |    1 |   4.55% | 100.00% |
| 1    | Weezing-Galar           |   11 |  50.00% |  72.73% |
| 1    | Kommo-o                 |   11 |  50.00% |  45.45% |
| 3    | Doublade                |    7 |  31.82% |  57.14% |
| 4    | Hippowdon               |    6 |  27.27% |  83.33% |
| 5    | Sigilyph                |    5 |  22.73% |  60.00% |
| 6    | Indeedee                |    4 |  18.18% |  75.00% |
| 6    | Quagsire                |    4 |  18.18% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Inteleon                |    4 |  18.18% |  25.00% |
| 9    | Reuniclus               |    3 |  13.64% |  66.67% |
| 9    | Xatu                    |    3 |  13.64% |  66.67% |
| 9    | Copperajah              |    3 |  13.64% |  66.67% |
| 9    | Tsareena                |    3 |  13.64% |  33.33% |
| 9    | Heliolisk               |    3 |  13.64% |  33.33% |
| 9    | Rhyperior               |    3 |  13.64% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Hitmontop               |    2 |   9.09% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Duraludon               |    2 |   9.09% | 100.00% |
| 15   | Alcremie                |    2 |   9.09% |  50.00% |
| 15   | Steelix                 |    2 |   9.09% |  50.00% |
| 15   | Salazzle                |    2 |   9.09% |  50.00% |
| 15   | Drapion                 |    2 |   9.09% |  50.00% |
| 15   | Whimsicott              |    2 |   9.09% |   0.00% |
| 15   | Avalugg                 |    2 |   9.09% |   0.00% |

Umbreon is tied for 5th most usage so far and its a testament to how good good it is at blanket checking a lot of the special threats in the tier. Examples of this being Polteageist and Gengar, which are extrmely potent threats right now and it is basically the only pokemon capable of switching into them well. Umbreon proves to be a strong staple on defensive teams with the combination of Wish + Yawn making it incredibly hard to remove while still giving it a way to completely shut down Dynamax Pokemon.

I'm just going to leave the most used cores so far below. I have removed all references to Sage's team in this stat table bar Kommo-o + Gengar but her team was used 9 times so far if you want some perspective of where they would slot in.
Code:
+ ---- + ---------------------------- + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Combos of 2                  | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
+ ---- + ---------------------------- + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| 1    | Gengar / Kommo-o             |   23 |  15.13% |  56.52% |
| 2    | Kommo-o / Polteageist        |   14 |   9.21% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Kommo-o / Doublade           |   12 |   7.89% |  58.33% |
| 4    | Umbreon / Weezing-Galar      |   11 |   7.24% |  72.73% |
| 4    | Gengar / Ribombee            |   11 |   7.24% |  63.64% |
| 4    | Mamoswine / Kommo-o          |   11 |   7.24% |  54.55% |
| 4    | Kommo-o / Rotom-Mow          |   11 |   7.24% |  45.45% |
| 4    | Umbreon / Kommo-o            |   11 |   7.24% |  45.45% |
| 4    | Mamoswine / Polteageist      |   11 |   7.24% |  36.36% |
| 12   | Weezing-Galar / Hippowdon    |   10 |   6.58% |  80.00% |
| 12   | Kommo-o / Durant             |   10 |   6.58% |  60.00% |
| 14   | Weezing-Galar / Kommo-o      |    9 |   5.92% |  55.56% |
| 14   | Gengar / Rotom-Mow           |    9 |   5.92% |  44.44% |
| 17   | Heliolisk / Sylveon          |    8 |   5.26% |  75.00% |
| 17   | Kommo-o / Ribombee           |    8 |   5.26% |  75.00% |
| 28   | Ribombee / Braviary          |    7 |   4.61% |  71.43% |
| 28   | Kommo-o / Salazzle           |    7 |   4.61% |  71.43% |
| 28   | Umbreon / Doublade           |    7 |   4.61% |  57.14% |
| 28   | Durant / Rhyperior           |    7 |   4.61% |  42.86% |
| 28   | Tsareena / Kommo-o           |    7 |   4.61% |  42.86% |
| 28   | Inteleon / Kommo-o           |    7 |   4.61% |  42.86% |
| 34   | Umbreon / Hippowdon          |    6 |   3.95% |  83.33% |
| 34   | Haxorus / Braviary           |    6 |   3.95% |  83.33% |
| 34   | Weezing-Galar / Rotom-Mow    |    6 |   3.95% |  66.67% |
| 34   | Kommo-o / Braviary           |    6 |   3.95% |  66.67% |
| 34   | Kommo-o / Indeedee           |    6 |   3.95% |  66.67% |
| 34   | Weavile / Kommo-o            |    6 |   3.95% |  66.67% |
| 34   | Heliolisk / Claydol          |    6 |   3.95% |  66.67% |
| 34   | Ribombee / Durant            |    6 |   3.95% |  66.67% |
| 34   | Mew / Kommo-o                |    6 |   3.95% |  66.67% |
| 34   | Mamoswine / Ribombee         |    6 |   3.95% |  66.67% |
| 34   | Kommo-o / Whimsicott         |    6 |   3.95% |  66.67% |
| 34   | Weezing-Galar / Indeedee     |    6 |   3.95% |  50.00% |
| 34   | Kommo-o / Sigilyph           |    6 |   3.95% |  50.00% |
| 34   | Mamoswine / Durant           |    6 |   3.95% |  33.33% |
I'm not going to talk about everything here even if there are a lot of other noticeable Pokemon worth discussing but I will be sharing the statistics for this tour for each round until Beta is released, so use these stats however you wish and thanks for reading. For those reading, Round 2 will also go up shortly for UU Alpha.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Yo hold up

| 15 | Silvally | 15 | 9.87% | 46.67% |
Am I seeing things? Is my man YUNGVALLY really getting more tournament usage than Mew, Haxorus and Obstagoon???? I get the Multi-Attack buff was cool, but is it really that good? Which forms are used the most? Does it have real potential or is it noob bait?

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Am I seeing things? Is my man YUNGVALLY really getting more tournament usage than Mew, Haxorus and Obstagoon???? I get the Multi-Attack buff was cool, but is it really that good? Which forms are used the most? Does it have real potential or is it noob bait?
Sage made a team that uses Silvally and it circulated.

--
The statistic of 0% Nasty Plot winrate on Gengar is interesting. I sure remember everyone theorymonning that NP would push Gengar into BL, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I suspect the lack of usage comes from the heavily offence oriented nature of the current meta, though. With Hogg's Semistall RMT and most likely a Kommo-O ban, hopefully more balance/semistall/stall playstyles see usage; it'd be interesting to see the interaction of NP Gar on those teams.

Yo hold up

Addressing Silvally:
I've been messing around with Silvally in UU, and some of the SD variants are quite good in this tier. Sage's RMT illustrated how Silv-Steel compresses resistances and offensive presence into one role. On the other hand, I think Silv-Fairy is a pretty good SD sweeper since it gets good coverage with Multi-Attack, Psychic Fang, and Fire Fang. I don't know if anyone has looked into its defensive capabilities yet, but I think Silvally is a good Pokemon whose flexible typing allows it to be useful on a variety of team compositions.

Furthermore, I believe high BSTs are more valuable in the metagame now since a lot of 600 BST Pokemon that would be prevalent in UU have been removed from the metagame. This increases Silvally's viability as a naturally bulky Offensive (or support) option/glue mon for a variety of team compositions.

Addressing 0% WR NP Gengar:
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if NP Gengar had a 0% win rate. From Twilight's post, it seems like running NP + Sub seems impractical because it has to pick which defensive Pokemon to lose to with the toss-up between Sludge Wave and Focus Blast. It also doesn't help that the initial UU stats show a high usage of very fast Pokemon or Priority moves (Inteleon, Ribombee, Smash Teapot, Doublade) that would cut into its ability to Substitute and Nasty Plot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)