XY NU NU Balance

At first I want to say that I'm kinda new to XY NU and didn't gather a lot of experience until now, but this team is my first NU team that actually works. I had a few fights and won the most (like, I lost one battle from ten battles) and are right now somewhere at ~1250.

Archeops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Knock Off

This is my dedicated Stealth Rock lead. I mainly chose it because it has one of the fastest Taunts in NU and hinder many other leads at laying down hazards of their own. It's surprising how many people think that Archeops is only used as a physical attacker, so many people try to burn it, but are taunted beforehand. Endeavor is a nice suicide move that allows me to revenge kill my opponent's pokémon with Pawniard or Jynx. I prefer Knock Off over Head Smash because Knock Off it is a good move to spam and still deals a good amount of damage to Xatu, which would otherwise wall Archeops because of Magic Bounce.

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

I put Pawniard in this team, because it discourages my opponent from using defog and because it really hits hard after a Swords Dance or Defiant boost. I fully invested into Speed instead of HP because I think it is more important for Pawniard to outspeed the opponent. Sucker Punch is a nice priority move, especially against choicers which have to use a attacking move. Iron Head is STAB-move that hits fairys for good damage, who would otherwise resist Pawniards other moves. In the last slot I chose Pursuit over Knock Off, because I already run Knock Off on Archeops and Audino and Pursuit is good for trapping Ghost and Psychic types.

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Destiny Bond

Mismagius is my special sweeper that possesses good coverage with Shadow Ball and Dazzling Gleam. I am kinda unsure if I should run Taunt instead of Destiny Bond, because when Archeops is dead I don't have any Taunt user. Destiny Bond is a nice move to take the opponent down with you, though. Colbur Berry is in my opinion a better option than Life Orb, because Mismagius almost never survives a Knock Off and it already hits strong enough with a Nasty Plot boost.

Granbull @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Granbull offers me a nice Fighting and Dark resist and therefore synergizes well with Pawniard and Mismagius. I run RestTalk on it so that it can cure itself from burns, etc. Seeing as I don't have any Grass pokémon, Granbull is a kinda good Sleep Powder switch-in. I run Earthquake instead of Heal Bell, because it can hurt Steel and Poison pokémon who would otherwise take little damage from Play Rough and I also already have Heal Bell on Audino. I got the EV spread from the analysis, so I don't know what the 24 EVs are for, but I guess they let Granbull outspeed some important pokémon.

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Knock Off

Audino is my special wall and supporter. It can heal my pokémon with Wish and cures my pokémon from status, especially Granbull appreciates this since Sleep Talk is a unreliable move. I chose Knock Off instead of Double-edge because Audino has a low Attack stat and Knock Off provides more utility.

Jynx @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Lovely Kiss
- Focus Blast

Jynx is my last pokémon and my revenge killer. Thanks to Dry Skin it has good switch-in opportunities seeing as Archeops and Pawniard are susceptible to Scalds and Aqua Jets. Lovely Kiss is a great move because unlike Sleep Powder or Spore it can actually hit Grass pokémon. Additionally, it allows Pawniard and Mismagius to switch in and boosts their stats with Swords Dance or Nasty Plot if Jynx puts their counters to sleep. Psychic and Ice Beam are the STAB-moves and Focus Blast hits Steels for good damage who resist Jynx' STAB-combination.
_________________________​

I didn't notice any great flaws, although Scarf Rotoms are quite annoying because they can bring Archeops into sash range with Volt Switch and it's not always easy to predict which pokémon my opponent will send in. Crustle is also a problem, because it can break Archeops' Sash with Rock Blast

Thanks for reading my RMT, I hope you like my team and please excuse if there are any grammar or language
mistakes, English is not my mother tongue.

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey Hitsugi!

The main issue that I see with your team is your Audino+Granbull core. While this defensive core is nice and walls a bunch of things, I just can't see it fit on a HO team like yours as the core makes you lose momentum. You should try Choice Specs Dragalge and Lilligant over Audino and Granbull:

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Dragon Pulse / Sleep Talk

Lilligant (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Own Tempo
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder

Lilligant + Dragalge works well with Jynx as they have similar 'counters', which will make it easy for you to simply spam attacks until one of them can break through.

I am also going to suggest Kangaskhan over Pawniard:

Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake / Drain Punch

Kangaskhan will give you a bulkier and more reliable revenge killer than Pawniard. While Kangaskhan can't set up, it is stronger: Adamant Silk Scarf Double-Edge will do a ton to pretty much anything. The choice between Earthquake and Drain Punch is up to you as they hit pretty much the same things, but the former do more damage while the latter can give Kangaskhan some needed recovery. Kangaskhan will also give your team some needed speed, which Pawniard couldn't give.

Finally, I personally prefer Head Smash over Knock Off on Archeops so that it can KO itself to block a potential Rapid Spin if needed.

Oh and I also want to say that you can easily try different stuff over Lilligant and/or Dragalge; there's a lot of different combination that can fit your team well, all there's left to do is to find your favorite one :)

Hope I helped!

Hey Hitsugi, interesting team you have here. Soulgazer has given you a great rate already but hopefully I will be able to offer you a few more options as well. If you want to keep your team on the theme of balance then I think Archeops is easily the most replaceable member due to balanced teams appreciating a more reliable Stealth Rock setter, your team also lacks a solid Fire type resist which is very important in a tier with monsters like Choice Specs Typhlosion and Pyroar being common. So for these reasons I suggest that you test out Rhydon over Archeops, Rhydon fits the team nicely and provides a reliable Stealth Rock setter being able to set it up multiple times (espescially with wish support) and also offers you that all important Fire resist. Rhydon can also phaze any potential set up sweepers with Roar and just offers you an all round check to a lot of Pokemon in the tier.

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Roar

If you want to take the route that Soulgazer suggested and go for more a offensive team that works too, I like the idea of Dragalage + Lilligant however I still want to give you another option for you to try out. You could test Swords Dance Leafeon over the Lilligant set that was suggested, Leafeon also has similar checks to Dragalge and Jynx, while hittting from the other side of the offensive spectrum. It has also has access to Synthesis to recover off any damage it takes and poses a significant threat to other Balance and Stall. I also support the Kangaskhan over Pawniard change.

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

I hope I was able to help :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)