NU Bazaar MK.2: Post your teams here!

yogi

Bitch Boi!
is a Tutor
Banner by Centinela <3
Thanks to Montsegur for some of the OP layout and making the VERY FIRST Bazaar thread ever (yes this is really a thing and y'all should acknowledge that).

Have a team that you desperately want to share with us? Does your squad hit the right balance between memes and dreams? Do you want to face that team endlessly on the ladder when other people start using it? If you agree with all of these statements, then this is the place for you.

Here you can post teams that you don't want to make a whole RMT for, or if you're unsure about a few things and want some constructive feedback on a mostly complete team. However, there are a few rules you should follow:
  1. You must have tested this team. If you post a team that has blatant, easily fixable flaws (such as running Ducklett or Choice Band Haunter) or is incomplete then it will be ignored and probably deleted. Learning the basics of teambuilding is an important step for players to develop on their own. Ideally you should post some supporting replays.
  2. Your team must have a description telling us your thoughts behind it as well as 6 sprites for easy rating. If you don't know how to insert sprites, you can use this website: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php; simply import your team and copy and paste the BB Codes.
Here's an example of a good post:

Really fun team I've been using recently. Basically, every single one of Aroma's answers is trivially chipped by Venusaur to the point that you barely have to try to get an enemy chipped down to 0 HP. Main issue is 1) your gameplan vs stall is hope you outplay with Venu / keep up rocks with Curselix, and 2) You gotta choose between beating Ferroseed and beating Togedemaru with Venusaur. Aside from that, suppose I should go over the general team structure: Silvally Dragon is here because I think its sorta fun to use, though its really fucking bad, and legit is too weak to do basically anything. The meat of the team is obviously the core of Venu + Aroma, where you legit just spam the strongest move you can afford to with Venu until it dies, or the opponent sacks something. Aroma should generally be brought into something passive enough that it can afford to NP + TR, but that isn't always possible. Lix is standard lix: it gives a reliable answer to enemy Sneasel so you legit don't have to go Aroma every time it comes in, and means you don't get Braviary'd on. Houndoom is here to remove Delphox so you don't have to play those dumb Z-Moonblast games with it, and Yama rounds off the team with a solid way to annoy Incineroar to death, and will generally always manage to Toxic Bro, while also beating Houndoom. Set and spread go to shiloh.
Silvally-Dragon @ Dragon Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Parting Shot
- Flamethrower
- Defog

Venusaur @ Choice Specs
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Ground]

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Atk / 108 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Curse

Aromatisse @ Fairium Z
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room

Houndoom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Destiny Bond
- Pursuit

Hariyama @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
8 HP / 136 Atk / 116 Def / 208 SpD / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Toxic
As far as rating / receiving the rate goes:
  1. Please make sure know what you're doing before you suggest changes. Bad advice can be worse than no advice.
  2. Be open to constructive criticism, most of the changes that will be suggested will be to help your team improve so try them out before replying.
Have fun everyone! :)

nope

nope

nope

nope

Hey, so I'm finally taking charge of this for real. Basically if you have a team from the previous thread that you think is still good and functions well enough in the current meta, then you're more than welcome to copy and paste it here!

I will update the Bazaar weekly, probably around Sunday, to make sure that the OP stays fresh.

Last edited:
Buncha Pansies

Haven't posted here in a minute but, drops have me excited about NU again, so here's a fun Weather Ball Venusaur team I've been testing for a few days. Weather Ball Venusaur wasn't my own original idea but I feel like this team utilizes it decently well, so lets start off with star of the show. Venusaur's set is pretty self explanitory, Giga + Sludge Bomb because recovery and Leaf Storm + WB is illegal. Sleep Powder is there to put walls, Incin, etc in a merciful position vs Venusaur. Lastly Weather Ball is there to do solid damage to Golbats/Ferroseeds (namely the former) when hail is up to aid Croagunk in sweeping after an SD. Vanilluxe is running a pretty standard scarf set with Explosion over Hidden Power Ground to make revenge killing certain threats easier since the team has alot to keep the rare Togedamaru from pestering the Ice Cream. Croagunk comes in at third as this teams wincon/potential breaker. Running the standard SD Poisinium set so not much to talk about here. Picked Diancie as my rocker since with a mixed defensive set it can take on alot of threats the offensive mons struggle with (Braviary, Incineroar, Stoutland, Sneasel, Delphox) while also providing the team with Heal Bell. Wanted to run a Dragon, Fairy, Steel core so I added Vibrava as my Defogger since it takes on rockers that give Diancie trouble (Steelix, M Camel, etc) while also keeping up momentum with U-Turn. The final memeber of the team took a while to choose but I settled on Toxic>Spikes Ferroseed as the team appreciated a solid Slowbro/Bruxish/Klang check and I didn't want to try and spikes stack just to have to defog them away later on in the game.

Chickweed (Venusaur) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Sleep Powder

Jasper (Vanilluxe) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Flash Cannon
- Explosion

Vocal Sac (Toxicroak) @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Anticipation
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Steinmetz (Diancie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock

Mandibles` (Vibrava) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Toxic / U-Turn
- Defog
- Roost

Move! (Ferroseed) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

The team is susceptible to change as it hasn't been completely fleshed out. Running a Timid nature or more bulk on Venusaur isn't a bad idea but it'll make it a bit weaker, Vanilluxe can run a Rash/Modest Nature for power, etc

hi
Diancie.png
Venusaur.png
Silvally.png
Slowking.png
Scyther.png
Mega_Camerupt.png

Diancie's ability to set Stealth Rock while beating Xatu and threatening opposing entry hazard setters on top being a check to major threats like Sneasel, Incineroar, and non-Heavy Slam Guzzlord without 100% minding taking a Knock Off was interesting to me, so I decided to start with it. I went with Venusaur next, as it was a pretty good offensive check to most entry hazard setters and could make Mega Camerupt's job easier by crippling checks with Sleep Powder. So far, the major weaknesses that needed to be patched up were against Ice-types and Bruxish, and Silvally-Steel could check both (a bit of a softer check to the latter, though.) on top of clearing the field of entry hazards, spreading status with Toxic, and pivoting around with Parting Shot. Slowking completed a Fire / Water / Grass core, kept broken-ass Mega Camerupt threatening special attackers in check, and phazes setup sweepers like Klinklang, preventing them from overwhelming the team. Scyther provided Speed control, U-turn support, offensively checked Fighting-types on top of Bruxish, and Pursuit trapped Bruxish and opposing Slowking for Mega Camerupt. Finally, Mega Camerupt, the main wallbreaker of the team, was chosen simply because of the team lacking a Mega Evolution, a secondary breaker, and a stop to Volt Switch. Its ability to take advantage of common defensive cores was also appreciated, since it gave Scyther an easier time cleaning late-game. I expected Camel to be good, but, like. Damn. Bruxish and Swords Dance Mega Abomasnow are the main threats, though both can be played around.

http://pokepast.es/5d2bcb2d4b52b89b - importable

Gigalith.png
Stoutland.png
Sneasel.png
Slowbro.png
Venusaur.png
Sandslash.png

I had heard that sand was pretty good and annoying to face, so I decided to build a sand team and see for myself. Gigalith is the team's sand and Stealth Rock setter, and it also makes breaking easier by spreading status with Toxic. Most settle for a more offensive spread, but I found the team's defensive presence to be a bit lacking outside of Slowbro, so I opted for a specially defensive set. Stoutland, sand abuser #1, outspeeds the entire unboosted tier, and even some of the boosted tier, under sand and is pretty strong to boot. Facade also prevents burns and poison from completely screwing it over. Despite having Crunch, removing Ghost-types was help Stoutland to more reliably use its STAB moves, so I decided to go with Sneasel, which had also kept the team from being too slow outside of sand. Slowbro gave the team a defensive pivot that could reliably check Fighting-types and weaken opposing Slowbro with Signal Beam. Choice Specs Venusaur gave the team a special wallbreaker that could break through numerous bulky Pokemon for Stoutland and a Toxic Spikes absorber. Finally, Sandslash, sand abuser #2, breaks through physically bulky Pokemon like Druddigon with the combination of Swords Dance + Z-Earthquake and provided useful hazard removal. Opposing weather and Venusaur are big issues and hard to play around, though it can be done.

http://pokepast.es/0b0e4fa4519a231f - importable

e: ok so ignore how team one got fucked by bans.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)