Resource NU Bazaar v2: Post your teams here!

Banner by Centinela <3
Thanks to Montsegur for some of the OP layout and making the VERY FIRST Bazaar thread ever (yes this is really a thing and y'all should acknowledge that).

Have a team that you desperately want to share with us? Does your squad hit the right balance between memes and dreams? Do you want to face that team endlessly on the ladder when other people start using it? If you agree with all of these statements, then this is the place for you.

Here you can post teams that you don't want to make a whole RMT for, or if you're unsure about a few things and want some constructive feedback on a mostly complete team. However, there are a few rules you should follow:
  1. You must have tested this team. If you post a team that has blatant, easily fixable flaws (such as running Ducklett or Choice Band Haunter) or is incomplete then it will be ignored and probably deleted. Learning the basics of teambuilding is an important step for players to develop on their own. Ideally you should post some supporting replays.
  2. Your team must have a description telling us your thoughts behind it as well as 6 sprites for easy rating. If you don't know how to insert sprites, you can use this website: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php; simply import your team and copy and paste the BB Codes.
Here's an example of a good post:

Really fun team I've been using recently. Basically, every single one of Aroma's answers is trivially chipped by Venusaur to the point that you barely have to try to get an enemy chipped down to 0 HP. Main issue is 1) your gameplan vs stall is hope you outplay with Venu / keep up rocks with Curselix, and 2) You gotta choose between beating Ferroseed and beating Togedemaru with Venusaur. Aside from that, suppose I should go over the general team structure: Silvally Dragon is here because I think its sorta fun to use, though its really fucking bad, and legit is too weak to do basically anything. The meat of the team is obviously the core of Venu + Aroma, where you legit just spam the strongest move you can afford to with Venu until it dies, or the opponent sacks something. Aroma should generally be brought into something passive enough that it can afford to NP + TR, but that isn't always possible. Lix is standard lix: it gives a reliable answer to enemy Sneasel so you legit don't have to go Aroma every time it comes in, and means you don't get Braviary'd on. Houndoom is here to remove Delphox so you don't have to play those dumb Z-Moonblast games with it, and Yama rounds off the team with a solid way to annoy Incineroar to death, and will generally always manage to Toxic Bro, while also beating Houndoom. Set and spread go to shiloh.
Silvally-Dragon @ Dragon Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Parting Shot
- Flamethrower
- Defog

Venusaur @ Choice Specs
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Ground]

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Atk / 108 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Curse

Aromatisse @ Fairium Z
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room

Houndoom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Destiny Bond
- Pursuit

Hariyama @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
8 HP / 136 Atk / 116 Def / 208 SpD / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Toxic
As far as rating / receiving the rate goes:
  1. Please make sure know what you're doing before you suggest changes. Bad advice can be worse than no advice.
  2. Be open to constructive criticism, most of the changes that will be suggested will be to help your team improve so try them out before replying.
Have fun everyone! :)

nope

Hey, so I'm finally taking charge of this for real. Basically if you have a team from the previous thread that you think is still good and functions well enough in the current meta, then you're more than welcome to copy and paste it here!

I will update the Bazaar weekly, probably around Sunday, to make sure that the OP stays fresh.

Last edited:
Buncha Pansies

Haven't posted here in a minute but, drops have me excited about NU again, so here's a fun Weather Ball Venusaur team I've been testing for a few days. Weather Ball Venusaur wasn't my own original idea but I feel like this team utilizes it decently well, so lets start off with star of the show. Venusaur's set is pretty self explanitory, Giga + Sludge Bomb because recovery and Leaf Storm + WB is illegal. Sleep Powder is there to put walls, Incin, etc in a merciful position vs Venusaur. Lastly Weather Ball is there to do solid damage to Golbats/Ferroseeds (namely the former) when hail is up to aid Croagunk in sweeping after an SD. Vanilluxe is running a pretty standard scarf set with Explosion over Hidden Power Ground to make revenge killing certain threats easier since the team has alot to keep the rare Togedamaru from pestering the Ice Cream. Croagunk comes in at third as this teams wincon/potential breaker. Running the standard SD Poisinium set so not much to talk about here. Picked Diancie as my rocker since with a mixed defensive set it can take on alot of threats the offensive mons struggle with (Braviary, Incineroar, Stoutland, Sneasel, Delphox) while also providing the team with Heal Bell. Wanted to run a Dragon, Fairy, Steel core so I added Vibrava as my Defogger since it takes on rockers that give Diancie trouble (Steelix, M Camel, etc) while also keeping up momentum with U-Turn. The final memeber of the team took a while to choose but I settled on Toxic>Spikes Ferroseed as the team appreciated a solid Slowbro/Bruxish/Klang check and I didn't want to try and spikes stack just to have to defog them away later on in the game.

Chickweed (Venusaur) @ Black Sludge
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Sleep Powder

Jasper (Vanilluxe) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Flash Cannon
- Explosion

Vocal Sac (Toxicroak) @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Anticipation
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Steinmetz (Diancie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock

Mandibles` (Vibrava) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Toxic / U-Turn
- Defog
- Roost

Move! (Ferroseed) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

The team is susceptible to change as it hasn't been completely fleshed out. Running a Timid nature or more bulk on Venusaur isn't a bad idea but it'll make it a bit weaker, Vanilluxe can run a Rash/Modest Nature for power, etc

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader
hi
Diancie.png
Venusaur.png
Silvally.png
Slowking.png
Scyther.png
Mega_Camerupt.png

Diancie's ability to set Stealth Rock while beating Xatu and threatening opposing entry hazard setters on top being a check to major threats like Sneasel, Incineroar, and non-Heavy Slam Guzzlord without 100% minding taking a Knock Off was interesting to me, so I decided to start with it. I went with Venusaur next, as it was a pretty good offensive check to most entry hazard setters and could make Mega Camerupt's job easier by crippling checks with Sleep Powder. So far, the major weaknesses that needed to be patched up were against Ice-types and Bruxish, and Silvally-Steel could check both (a bit of a softer check to the latter, though.) on top of clearing the field of entry hazards, spreading status with Toxic, and pivoting around with Parting Shot. Slowking completed a Fire / Water / Grass core, kept broken-ass Mega Camerupt threatening special attackers in check, and phazes setup sweepers like Klinklang, preventing them from overwhelming the team. Scyther provided Speed control, U-turn support, offensively checked Fighting-types on top of Bruxish, and Pursuit trapped Bruxish and opposing Slowking for Mega Camerupt. Finally, Mega Camerupt, the main wallbreaker of the team, was chosen simply because of the team lacking a Mega Evolution, a secondary breaker, and a stop to Volt Switch. Its ability to take advantage of common defensive cores was also appreciated, since it gave Scyther an easier time cleaning late-game. I expected Camel to be good, but, like. Damn. Bruxish and Swords Dance Mega Abomasnow are the main threats, though both can be played around.

http://pokepast.es/5d2bcb2d4b52b89b - importable

Gigalith.png
Stoutland.png
Sneasel.png
Slowbro.png
Venusaur.png
Sandslash.png

I had heard that sand was pretty good and annoying to face, so I decided to build a sand team and see for myself. Gigalith is the team's sand and Stealth Rock setter, and it also makes breaking easier by spreading status with Toxic. Most settle for a more offensive spread, but I found the team's defensive presence to be a bit lacking outside of Slowbro, so I opted for a specially defensive set. Stoutland, sand abuser #1, outspeeds the entire unboosted tier, and even some of the boosted tier, under sand and is pretty strong to boot. Facade also prevents burns and poison from completely screwing it over. Despite having Crunch, removing Ghost-types was help Stoutland to more reliably use its STAB moves, so I decided to go with Sneasel, which had also kept the team from being too slow outside of sand. Slowbro gave the team a defensive pivot that could reliably check Fighting-types and weaken opposing Slowbro with Signal Beam. Choice Specs Venusaur gave the team a special wallbreaker that could break through numerous bulky Pokemon for Stoutland and a Toxic Spikes absorber. Finally, Sandslash, sand abuser #2, breaks through physically bulky Pokemon like Druddigon with the combination of Swords Dance + Z-Earthquake and provided useful hazard removal. Opposing weather and Venusaur are big issues and hard to play around, though it can be done.

http://pokepast.es/0b0e4fa4519a231f - importable

e: ok so ignore how both teams got fucked by bans.

Last edited:

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher

Vivillon-Polar @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Energy Ball

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Earth Power
- Magnet Rise

Golbat @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Gastrodon-East @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Taunt

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Receiver
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Iron Head

I wanted to make a team around Vivillon because it's kind of an underrated sweeper in the meta at the moment, and can easily sweep unprepared teams. I wanted Rocks and a means to get rid of Steels, so Probopass was added mainly to get rid of Lixs. Golbat is like the mandatory Venu counter in the tier (might swap it out for something else depending on the results of the suspect) and also provides nice defog support so that Vivi doesn't get chunked on switch in. Gastrodon was added because I didn't want to use Slowbro, while also being good at checking Heliolisk which started to look scary for my team. NP Taunt Houndoom is a neat set that helps me break through stall, while Scarf Pass is an overall solid mon that helps with speedier mons that might prove a problem to this team.

So far, I have used the team to decent success. Its good against standard BroLix cores and Venu teams, but has tons of problems against Minior and Sneasel :/.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

Golbat @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 HP / 92 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt

Vanilluxe @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Toxic
- Protect

Comfey @ Choice Specs
Ability: Triage
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Serious Nature
- Giga Drain
- U-turn
- Draining Kiss
- Trick

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

I wanted to build around Gastrodon because I feel like it is a fairly decent anti-meta mon right now checking a bunch of mons (Heliolisk, Toxicroak, Klinklang, also scares out most SR users).
Golbat has amazing synergy with Gastro (switches in on Grass-types, Gastro switches in on Electric-types and Knock Off), so it was my next mon.
Vanilluxe is here partly for killing sand sweepers and partly for wallbreaking; I decided to go with a ToxTect set to annoy Gigalith and AV users.
Specs Comfey is a mon I really wanted to try; Trick screws with defensive cores and priority on healing moves means that it is both fast and relatively bulky.
Ferroseed fit the team as both a hazard setter as well as a grass-type. Iron Barbs is a nice addition to punish U-turn users, and I've generally loved to force switches using Leech Seed. Probably the nicest thing about it is the synergy with Vanilluxe; a double Protect core utilizing passive damage is quite nice. Also Ferroseed often enters a standoff against opposing Grass-types, and in these standoffs having the option to go Vanilluxe for basically free is hugely valuable.
Finally I wanted a fast mon that could also pressure Steelix and didn't compound to my weakness to Rock-type moves and Stealth Rock. Passimian seemed like the natural fit as it forms a nice U-Turn core with Comfey, which can lead to some nice free switch-ins (mainly for Vanilluxe).

The team has been solid in the few games I played with it thus far; quite a promising start.

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor
1527874642733.png 1527874673832.png1527874700208.png 1527874718493.png 1527874779283.png 1527874813118.png

I have to give a huge shoutout to quziel for sweeping me 100000 times with screens.

Hi.
As all you people know screens is becoming a huge thing in this current metagame so I decided to give it a shot and build a team with it. It has been working wonders tho it is kind of match up reliant. The first screener in the team is diancie, since it provides rocks most of the times and both screens while also providing momentum with explosion. Xatu also provides screens while also providing hazard stacking against us and a slow u-turn. Then we have the star of the team aka incineroar, the ev spread is kind of wierd but it works. This mon is usually going to sweep with the combination of screens+power trip+ weakness policy+flame charge and its already great bulk+access to intimidate, the only downside is that its pretty slow and even at +1 its slower then base 115 mons, like sneasel and whimsicott. Rest lets incineroar destroy stall. Zangoose is another great set up sweeper in the team that even has the ability to avoid toxics (that are everywhere these days), +6 quick attack is still a big threat against offensive teams and it also destroys classic brolix cores if they take any chip damage. The final abuser is vaporeon, this mon provides the team a nice check to steelix (that could get a bit anoying) and also has access to z celebrate which is plain broken and it can also provide a solid late game cleaner. The final user is mismagius which provides the team a fighting check and memento, which is huge since it gives you more set up oportunities.
Like I said in the beginning the team is really match up reliant but fun as well. Have fun :]

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader
Gigalith.png1528233596181.png508.png1528233657670.png1528233829357.pngPassimian.png
hi, sand is busted and venusaur got banned, so i had to build yet another sand team. a lot of the same stuff from before still applies, but this team got me higher on the ladder than the first team did + sand's probably gonna be dealt with soon, so why not just dump another one? specially defensive gigalith gives the team a reliable sand setter that can also set hazards and check otherwise annoying pokemon like vanilluxe and mismagius. sandslash is the main breaker and sand abuser of the team and a part of why sand is as annoying as it is to deal with imo, since a lot of what can normally handle sand, think physically defensive slowbro, gets destroyed by +2 tectonic rage. next up was sand abuser #2, stoutland. work up was just a weird idea i had to turn stoutland into a boosting wallbreaker, though iron head gives the team a better matchup against diancie. i needed a special attacker at this point, with sigilyph coming to mind immediately. the decreased usage in sneasel + not being hurt by sand due to magic guard + not requiring sand to be decently fast were major positives. it (alongside sandslash, btw) can even remove entry if one feels that they are overly obnoxious, though the 4 attacks set was more consistent. tangela gives the team a better matchup against opposing sand, with sleep powder being amazing utility for providing sandslash / stoutland with opportunities to set up / switch in. tangela also gives the team a secondary switch-in to non-fire blast slowbro, ground-types like steelix and non-megahorn rhydon, and a decent water check, and it in combination with gigalith made for a decent defensive backbone. finally, choice scarf passimian because lol best choice scarf user. the ability to outpace heliolisk, sneasel, and vanilluxe outside of sand as well as provide the team with speed control was really nice.

AmpharosAlt

Banned deucer.
For bronzor awareness month - will add description and sprites later

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit

Bronzor @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rest
- Psywave
- Toxic

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Scald
- Earth Power

Rotom @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Volt Switch
- Defog

Comfey @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Taunt
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
SD Grassium Passimian

Hey all, so TheGreatSplurge decided to do a create a team today, and luckily, users TheGreninjaWarrior21, Espeonage., and I decided to fix the abomination that would've been Mix and Mega, and made it an NU build. Basically, I suggested we build around Passimian, a Fightinium set. However, espeonage smartly realized Grassium is better since it lures Slowbro and Palossand, which is the concept we built the team around. We wanted a consistent rocker and Flying resist for Passimian, so we knew we wanted Diancie. We chose the offensive rocks set since it's cool, not really a particular reason, we just didn't want defensive. Next, we realized we were weak to Vileplume, so we slapped on a Xatu, but it was also nice to have to keep rocks from getting up. Klinklang is the next Pokemon we added, working off of the Slowbro and Palossand lure concept. Passimian kills those Pokemon, and Klinklang cleans up the rest of the game. For the set, espeonage recommended Iapapa Berry, which works as a burst of HP to increase Klinklang's longevity, rather than having consistent recovery. Personally, I think it's just up to preference. For the last two slots, originally we had Heliolisk and Magmortar, however we changed Heliolisk to Whimsicott for the Fairy-STAB, but then we realized we needed a solid, bulkier Ground resist, so we decided to add Choice Specs Sceptile. We kept Magmortar and added it originally so we could deal with Vanilluxe easier, as well as liking the team's support overall. Enjoy the team :toast:!

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
i'm writing this after tilting on the ladder late at night. enjoy another bad team dump by me.

Passimian @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Impish Nature
- Tailwind
- U-turn
- Encore
- Memento

Magmortar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Calm Nature
- Tailwind
- Defog
- Parting Shot
- Flamethrower

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Omastar @ Waterium Z
Ability: Weak Armor
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Marowak was fun to use in a BroLix meta, SD Thick Club lets its Attack hits ridiculous levels, although you could always run Stone Edge for the Golbats (this was made during Venusaur meta, so Golbat was kind of prevalent).

I also made this team after reading a RMT Tailwind team, and thought I should give it another shot for the USUM meta. Team is obviously heavily reliant on tailwind getting set up, and is pretty slow otherwise. Whimsicott and Steelvally are the setters, and tailwind + pivoting move gives the abuser coming in 2 more turns of tailwind. For the rest of the team, I just decided I wanted to hit hard and just destroy the bulky balances that appeared on the ladder and while Sand was still the predominant playstyle. With Tailwind, you techincally could revenge kill Sand Rush users, but the window of opportunity is obviously more limited due to the shorter duration of Tailwind.

Fun team if you enjoy clicking buttons and watch stuff die, but don't expect to do well against Hyper Offense or Stall.

Guzzlord @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 116 SpD / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave

Scyther @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Bug Bite
- Pursuit

Rotom @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch

Steelix @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 176 Atk / 72 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Comfey @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Regice @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Started the team out wanting to use Specs Guzzlord, since you know, its still good despite the fairies. Added Scarf Scyther to deal with Venusaur while it was still in the tier, but it also helps out against Sceptiles. Rotom was added for hazard control, Steelix for hazards and to not be complete fodder for Klinklang and Diancie. The EV spread allows it to avoid getting 2HKOed by defensive Diancie's Earth Power, which is nice cos you can bop it afterwards with Heavy Slam.

At this point, I still wanted a revenge killer as well as a wincon, and so I added the best mon in the tier. Was running HP Ground since I didn't find Vileplume too much of a nuisance and bopping Croak and Garbodor was nice for this team.

Now for the last mon (I wrote this part before writing the rest so please excuse the disconuity).

Due to the popularity of Sand, Vanilluxe began to appear on the ladder more often, and it was a pain to deal with. Then, I found out that Regice is actually viable despite the rise of Sand. The Regice set is weird (someone even called it an unset), but it does work. Some people expect the set that got nommed in the VR and don't expect the coverage, while others think its Rock Polish and try to get in their bulky mons, only to get toxic'd on the switch. The moveset gives perfect neutral coverage while the speed EVs is enough to outspeed 0 speed Vaporeons, which were also becoming more widely used in that VapeVally core (whatever it's called).

The highlight for this team was that I won a room tourney once (so that's nice)

Malamar @ Normalium Z
Ability: Contrary
Jolly Nature
- Happy Hour
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut

Crustle @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Power Gem
- Taunt

Comfey @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt

Samurott @ Mystic Water
Ability: Torrent
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Liquidation
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Protect
- Night Shade

Got tired of using badly built balance that I built myself, so I tried hyper offense (sort of). It's built around Suicide Lead Crustle, which can always get up Rocks + 1 Layer of Spikes unless Xatu is on the enemy team (why are there so many Xatus on the ladder now?). The rest of the team was built around trying to abuse the chip damage from the hazards as well as deterring removal. Z-Happy Hour Malamar was the Defog deterrent in this case (Contrary shenanigans) and really appreciated the chip on enemy mons since it doesn't really start off hitting hard. Mismagius was my spinblocker, partially cos it also appreciated the chip damage but mostly because I like Mismagius. Sand is a pain to deal with, so I added Samurott and Comfey as priority users so that I don't immediately lose to Sand. Xatu as hazard control since I don't want to remove my own hazards and fitting a spinner was tough since it would lose me momentum if I tried to remove hazards on my own side.

The 'how to use' is pretty standard, just set up your hazards and try to sweep with anyone of the 4 sweepers. I usually end up sweeping with Comfey since it's the best mon in the tier and the other 3 mons are used mainly to break the opponent.

Delphox @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 64 HP / 184 SpA / 36 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Fire Spin
- Substitute
- Toxic

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Refresh
- Rapid Spin

Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

Togedemaru @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- Endeavor

Torterra @ Grassium Z
Adamant Nature
- Synthesis
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish

Braviary @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 184 HP / 68 Def / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up

Okay, I can confidently say that this is probably the worst team that I built recently (outside of one that has Ambipom in it), but I quite like some of the sets on the mons and thought I should share it.

The first set you see is obviously bad, but is pretty fun once you can get it going. I forgot what the EV spread does, but it should outspeed base 100s (aka Comfey) while having a HP number that allows it to set up Sub 5 times with the combination of Sub + Protect if need be. I think SpDef is so that 0 SpAtk Comfey doesn't break a sub unboosted (but that isn't a thing anymore). The premise of the set is simple, sub up on something like Incineroar or Slowbro, toxic it as they break your sub, protect to get more chip and then switch out. The next time they come in on Phox, you Fire Spin them and proceed to wear them down slowly.

The other set that's pretty nice is SR CM 2 Attacks Diancie. It's nice role compression in a single slot, since it can function as a late game sweeper after rocks go up. Again, forgot what the EV spread is for, but if anything it's good (trust me).

Also we got Rock Polish Synthesis Torterra with Grassium-Z. People expect SpDef Terra pretty much now, or PhysDef for Sand or something. This set can catch them off guard as you proceed to scare them with a fast tortoise. Z-Wood Hammer is a nuke that nothing bar Golbat and Vileplum wants to switch in on. This set obivously gets walled by the aforementioned switchins, plus some other stuff like other Grasses, but that's why you have that weird Delphox set at the start ;)

Gigalith @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Stoutland @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Crunch
- Iron Head
- Superpower

Sandslash @ Groundium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
Bold Nature
- Strength Sap
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Flamethrower
- Parting Shot
- Defog
- Multi-Attack

Might as well post this here while you still can use it. Pretty much the standard Cancer team, feel free to customise the last 3 slots.

Comfey @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Flamethrower
- Pain Split

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Parting Shot
- Defog
- Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower

Torterra @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpD / 76 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Synthesis
- Earthquake

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Slowbro @ Waterium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 4 SpA / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Toxic

This team technically should work, but I still have to sort out a few kinks here and there. Built around Comfey + T Spikes to help soften up walls like Diancie and AV King, although it isn't entirely necessary. Steelvally for hazard control, this is the set that should be used right now imo since Diancie is good and Multi Attack just sends it to the shadow realm. Torterra is there to ease the Sand match up while Slowbro provides a decent Fighting check/resist along side Weezing (since Weezing is bound to die at some point. Sneasel traps weakened walls or stuff that I don't want to deal with.

This team is a WIP, thought I'd just post it here since it exists.

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
EVs: 220 HP / 132 SpD / 156 Spe
Calm Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Glare

Braviary @ Leftovers
EVs: 172 HP / 16 Atk / 8 Def / 216 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Bulk Up

Omastar @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Stomping Tantrum
- Spikes
- Toxic

Whimsicott @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Growth
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

Okay, final team I want to post. I built this a few months back and probably forget how to use it, but hey it looks fun. It's textbook hazard stacking with the core of Druddigon and Garbodor, with a bulky Cryo spread to ease the match up against Heliolisk and Vanilluxe since the team doesn't do too well against them. Braviary spread can just be regular Sub BU Roost, but I like moving EVs around just for the style. Shuca Omastar is nice to check those low ladder Miniors as well as allow you to set up on like Gigalith and Steelix. Z-Growth Whims looked like a fun set but I never really got it working in practice.

Sorry for the spam, I'm done for today.

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
1529688531685.png
1529688548113.png
1529688564508.png
1529688571894.png
1529688583826.png
1529688604379.png

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Drill Run
- Accelerock

Gigalith @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Facade

Slowking @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Tail

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split

Whimsicott @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- U-turn
I had wanted to use Lycanroc on a Sand team because it functions relatively similar to Sandslash: it shares offensive synergy with Stoutland and it can either clean or break opposing teams' defensive cores pretty reliably unless there's a Palossand (in that case click X lmao). I went with a more offensive Spikes build since hazards are definitely needed to facilitate a Lycanroc sweep, and I also needed to cover my gaping weakness to Passimian. Slowking was chosen instead of Slowbro so I could spam Dragon Tail with hazards up, and Whimsicott provides me with speed control and the ability to pivot to Stoutland/Lycanroc with U-Turn (Memento could probably be run here too, though I haven't tested that enough to put much assurance on it). A note about Lycanroc: I went with Adamant because I felt with Sand, priority Accelerock, and its really solid speed tier, the extra speed a Jolly nature provided was unnecessary. Also:
+2 252+ Atk Lycanroc Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 399-469 (101.2 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Lycanroc Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 364-429 (92.3 - 108.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
It's nice insurance should I find myself stripped of hazards on the opponent's side. I definitely think Jolly is fine, but Adamant hasn't given me any reason to not use it so far lol.

1529689140079.png
1529689144687.png
1529689152848.png
1529689159946.png
1529689169016.png
1529689174864.png

Passimian @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Guzzlord @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 196 SpD / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Steel]

EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Parting Shot

Palossand @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball
- Shore Up

Vikavolt @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpA / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch
- Energy Ball
- Roost

Vanilluxe @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Flash Cannon
I don't think this is a particularly great team, but it's definitely fun. The idea to use Fightinium Z Passimian came from seeing someone mention it on the VR awhile back (can't remember who, don't care enough to check). Z-Bulk Up gives you an extra attack boost and, since this set does the same amount of damage as Choice Scarf, you can bluff that and try to lure in Pokemon such as Toxicroak should you use Close Combat. I added Guzzlord to help break Fairy-type Pokemon such as Diancie (really only Diancie; Whimsicott and Comfey bop Passimian no matter what lol), and then went for some defensive backbone. Silvally-Steel gives a reliable counter to Vanilluxe and Whimsicott, while Vikavolt gives extra insurance against the rising Sceptile. Palossand is the team's obligatory Toxicroak and Sand answer, and then I added Scarf Vanilluxe to pressure Steel-type Pokemon and Slowbro for Guzzlord and Passimian respectively. Also:
+2 252 Atk Passimian Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 212 HP / 0+ Def Slowbro: 336-396 (87.5 - 103.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
So yeah, this set bops standard Assault Vest Slowbro if Stealth Rock is up lol.

EDIT: just realized I did the calc with Bold nature lol so Passimian bops Bro harder than I thought
+2 252 Atk Passimian Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 212 HP / 0 Def Slowbro: 368-434 (95.8 - 113%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Electrode @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt

Malamar @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Happy Hour
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Shell Smash

Sceptile @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Substitute
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Memento

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

uses screens electrode and memento mismagius to give malamar and rhydon more setup potential. sceptile can put in work vs offensive teams behind screens, especially those that rely on slowbro as a pivot.

soowoop (Swoobat) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Simple
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Air Slash

Lilligant @ Yache Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Diancie @ Shuca Berry
Rash Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Mismagius @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Scald
- Destiny Bond

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Ice Beam

z flyinium swoobat looked like it could be some fun, get off a supersonic strike or go for tailwind and get a crit boost. yache berry lilligant is meant to lure sneasel. shuca berry diancie lures inineroar which helps lilligant, mesprit, and swoobat with sweeping.

Miltank @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Milk Drink

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Taunt

Medicham @ Life Orb
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Psycho Cut
- High Jump Kick
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Punch

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Voice
- Surf

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Samurott @ Buginium Z
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Swords Dance

im still unsure whether i should run scrappy on miltank, sap sipper is nice for sceptile. para + wallbreakers = ez win

4th Dimension (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Stealth Rock

Reborn (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Protect

Feel the Love (Jynx) @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Lovely Kiss
- Nasty Plot

Kids See Ghosts (Xatu) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 32 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Night Shade
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

Fire (Incineroar) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Overheat
- U-turn
- Fake Out

Freeee (Whimsicott) @ Yache Berry
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Giga Drain

yache whimsicott lures sneasel to give jynx an easier time sweeping

A$AP Forever (Diancie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 160 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Mild Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm

F**k Sleep (Sneasel) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

Brotha Man (Xatu) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

Gunz N Butter (Togedemaru) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Zing Zap

Kids Turned Out Fine (Samurott) @ Buginium Z
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

Purity (Mesprit) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Ice Beam

samurrot is such a great sweeper since it's a physical attacker that can get past slowbro. healing wish mesprit gives samurrott another chance at sweeping late-game. togedemaru's main purpose is to be a klinklang counter, but it can also get some nice chip on u-turn users like inineroar.

I wanted to make a team with SD Sceptile and thought it would be fun to use red card and some entry hazards. Hoopa is my spinblocker of choice for now (until it gets banned), the sub 3 attacks is really difficult to play around. The cool thing about Hoopa is that CB Sneasel can get locked into Pursuit and Sceptile can setup. I chose an offensive Garbodor spread with explosion to lure Golbat, plus the speed is crucial in the Hoopa metagame. Silvally-Steel is an offensive pivot, a solid switch-in to ice types like Vanilluxe and Sneasel, and Parting Shot creates set-up opportunities. Silvally-Steel has enough speed for +speed nature base 80's such as medicham. Diancie carries a Shuca Berry for EQ Incineroar and is just the most useful item in my opinion. Scarf Passimian can really take advantage of the Entry Hazards and revenge Kills alot of things.

money longer (Sceptile) @ Red Card
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

erase your social (Hoopa) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Substitute

Ps and Qs (Garbodor) @ Rocky Helmet
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Gunk Shot
- Focus Blast

do what i want (Silvally-Steel) @ Steel Memory
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Parting Shot
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower

wasted (Diancie) @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Power Gem

7am (Passimian) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Earthquake

A hazard stacking stall team. Braviary punishes defog, spiritomb spin blocks, roselia sets up hazards, GG. I’ve been experimenting with substitute on aerodactyl, and I think it’s the best move even though in conjunction with stealth rock on the set makes aerodactyl passive. I’ve had toxic instead of sub, but I really like sub because you can stall Diancie’s diamond storms. If you get toxic spikes up then sub roost aerodactyl puts in a lot of work, same goes for spiritomb and braviary as they passively setup.
https://pokepast.es/b5705dcf9b1b09c5

Chokepic

You're a choker if you say you've never choked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
First, I apologise for bad english, I wrote this kinda fast and I'm not a native english speaker.

I lost in open yesterday, so I'm gonna post a couple of teams here:

Team 1:

I used this in g1 for round 4 of NU Open against FV and ended up winning more or less comfortably altho i finally lost the set because of an unfortunate freeze in g2 and because of a 50/50 in g3. Aero was the only mon which i hadn't used yet (i have never used quag either, but I'm not gonna use stall and quag balance sucks) so i wanted to build a team around it. Slowbro walls it, so i wanted to use a bro lure alongside aero in electrium z magmortar. I'm a fan of sub magmortar, especially in electrium sets where you can get a sub when they are switching into av bro and then, if rocks are up, you can click z-tbolt without worrying about whether it kills or not (it has a 60% chance to kill) but taunt could work perfectly too. I put Decidueye as my defogger because it scares slowbro and forces it to switch out of the field and because it has access to U-turn to complete the volt-turn core with Passimian. People normally switch into incineroar to check Decidueye so if you U-turn, Aero enters for free and starts spamming stone edge. The rest of the team is kinda self explanatory, Slowbro and Diancie is a very good defensive core which covers most of the meta and passi is the best scarfer rn.

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band

Ability: Unnerve

EVs: 252 Atk / 80 Def / 176 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Stone Edge

- Aerial Ace

- Aqua Tail

- Pursuit

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry

Bold Nature

- Calm Mind

- Scald

- Toxic

- Slack Off

Passimian @ Choice Scarf

Jolly Nature

- Close Combat

- Earthquake

- Knock Off

- U-turn

Magmortar @ Electrium Z

Ability: Flame Body

Modest Nature

- Substitute

- Thunderbolt

- Fire Blast

- Focus Blast

Decidueye @ Colbur Berry

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD

Careful Nature

- Leaf Blade

- U-turn

- Roost

- Defog

Diancie @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe

Sassy Nature

- Moonblast

- Heal Bell

- Diamond Storm

- Stealth Rock

Team 2:

I used this in g3 of round 4, I lost because of an early 50/50 as I said, but the team performed well in tests and I still think it is a good team. Basically, I wanted to use Brav because it's a very good mon rn and i thought z fly would be cool. The spread is for outspeeding Golbat (it's a shame that brav doesn't kill it at +1 with z fly tho, it does 90ish) Adamant Cham and Vanilluxe while still having some bulk and max attack. I thought cham would be a good partner as it is able to kill those Steel-Types and Rock-Types that annoy Braviary such as Steelix and Rhydon while Braviary can set up in front of Slowbro and force it to switch out bluffing sub bu if you make a double. The next mon I added here was Scarf Decidueye (the spread was suggested by yoshi, it has enough spe to outspeed Sceptile) because it provided momentum, which this team really appreciates and because it pairs well with Medicham, using U-turn in front of Incineroar and switching in cham for it to destroy the opposing team with HJK. The defensive backbone is self explanatory here too, I love the core of Diancie + Vaporeon and i needed a defogger that could also switch to vanilluxe. Very solid team overall with some good lures imo.

I originally had another version with Scarf Passi over Cham, Sub Bu Brav over Z-Fly and Sd Decid over scarf, but I do think the team i posted is as solid as this version, more fun and it also has some lures that can catch the opponent by surprise.

Braviary @ Flyinium Z

EVs: 74 HP / 252 Atk / 182 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Bulk Up

- Fly

- Superpower

- Roost

Decidueye @ Choice Scarf

EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe

Jolly Nature

- U-turn

- Low Sweep

- Leaf Blade

- Spirit Shackle

Medicham @ Life Orb

Adamant Nature

- High Jump Kick

- Bullet Punch

- Zen Headbutt

- Thunder Punch

Diancie @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 36 SpD / 4 Spe

Relaxed Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Moonblast

- Diamond Storm

- Heal Bell

EVs: 232 HP / 216 SpD / 60 Spe

Calm Nature

- Defog

- Flamethrower

- Toxic

- Parting Shot

Vaporeon @ Leftovers

Ability: Water Absorb

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD

Bold Nature

- Scald

- Wish

- Protect

- Toxic

Team 3:

I used this in g1 of round 2, my opp choked hard af and I didn't test it much because I didn't have time that week and quite frankly, I was lazy to test but still, I think it's solid enough to post it. I built this around Vivillon when we finally knew usages because Vivillon seemed better than ever, altho it'd have been better if Diancie had risen. The idea was to trap lix with either Probopass or Dhelmise for Vivillon to sweep later. I started with those 3 and then added Incineroar because the team didn't have a proper Ice-Resist and a Fire-resist either, it was also adding slow U-turn which you desperately need with Vivillon, so Incineroar seemed like an extremely good pick. After that, I put slowbro to have a reliable Fighting answer; Dhelmise isn't a particularlly good one and I wanted it for removing hazards too and you shouldn't be switching vivillon into any attack normally. In the last slot i needed a scarfer because the team was slow af outside of Vivillon. I put Passimian over Rotom because Passi baits Slowbro, allowing Vivillon to set up in front of it with Quiver Dance and Substitute.

Dhelmise @ Leftovers

Ability: Steelworker

EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Anchor Shot

- Power Whip

- Rapid Spin

- Protect

Incineroar @ Iapapa Berry

EVs: 244 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD / 4 Spe

Sassy Nature

- Knock Off

- Fire Blast

- U-turn

- Earthquake

Vivillon @ Flyinium Z

Timid Nature

- Quiver Dance

- Hurricane

- Substitute

- Sleep Powder

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry

Bold Nature

- Scald

- Psyshock

- Toxic

- Slack Off

Passimian @ Choice Scarf

Jolly Nature

- Close Combat

- Earthquake

- Knock Off

- U-turn

Probopass @ Air Balloon

Ability: Magnet Pull

EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe

Modest Nature

- Earth Power

- Stealth Rock

- Magnet Rise

- Taunt

Huge s/o to yoshi for giving me teams when i didn't have time to build for open and for taking the time to test w me; s/o to abejas too and to all the nu community in general <3.

I might post more teams tomorrow if I'm not lazy.

Last edited:
NU balanced bulky offensive

comfey - pixie plate, modest max hp, calm mind

trevenant - woodhammer-z reducing knock off dmg, adamant max hp + horn leech + natural cure combo

crabominable - iron fist + drain&ice punch + restalk lefties, adamant max hp

speedy golbat taunt defog, def steelix, spd audino wish

https://pokepast.es/5d94cce660a2afe8

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

So I was told to post this squad I built around Bouffalant + Ice Cream since I peaked 1 on the ladder while testing stuff and having nothing to do (should study for exams, but owell). I started building around Bouffalant because it's a really good wallbreaker right now. Lemme briefly explain its utility. Bouffalant is a pure normal type, which means he naturally resists ghost moves. In addition, its ability Sap Sipper, allows him to switchin on grass mons as well. This means he can easily switchin on most Decidueye and Dhelmise moves. In addition to this, the evolved Tauros is packing Pursuit, allowing to kill Decidueye and hardly hit the anchor. EQ allows him to hit Rhydon, Steelix, Steelvally and KKlang who are somehow supposed to switchin on its STAB. Last move I picked is Megahorn, if you want to obliterate Slowbro but actually could be replaced, if you find something better than this (even toxic in order to instatus Palossand could work, but I still prefer Megahorn). Pursuit will also get rid of Cryogonals, switching on Vanilluxe or coming in to spin. Since palossand an rocks are in general the main answer to Tauros I added the Ice Cream. They have a supergood offensive sinergy, but they kinda suck on a defensive side. That's why I added Hariyama, taking care of both Ice Creams and Incineroar. Steelix was added as a rocker and as a ground-type mon, which means you can switchin on locked electric type mons. Since they won't ever leave Incineroar on Hari, I placed a cool lure in the squad: fightium sd decidueye. This will get rid of Incineroar in no time, and will let your ice cream do what ice cream does. Last, but not least, ScarfTom as both defogger and scarf user, since the team was kinda slow.

Steelix @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Heavy Slam

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Bouffalant @ Choice Band
Ability: Sap Sipper
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

Vanilluxe @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Decidueye @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle
- Swords Dance
- Low Sweep

Hariyama @ Leftovers
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Def / 244 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Protect

Proof of the peak

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Here's five teams that I built:

So here's one of the most favorite teams I've built in this meta; I know a lot of people meme about Rotom and shit, but I think it's still very viable in this meta not necessarily just as a Choice Scarf user but as well as for the classic Hex + Will'O'Wisp set as well. Therefore, that ended up on the team as a Fighting resist of sorts. I built this team around Accelgor because I think it's very underrated Pokemon in this meta, it has nice power with Choice Specs and has access to Spikes as well, another underrated thing in this meta. I added Slowking to help the match up against some of Accelgor's counters like Golbat. Next I added Steelix because the team needed a solid Flying resist at that point, and Steelix also provided Stealth Rock for the team. Next I added Passimian for a Choice Scarf user, and lastly Incineroar for the nice Fire typing and immense power, as well as for the fact that it provides a z-user for the team.

Here's another fun team I built, I saw kay using Magmortar so I decided to build a team around it (ish) for myself. I really like this Pokemon because it's one of the only Vanilluxe resists, especially since now most good players will be using Hidden Power Fighting instead of Hidden Power Ground to hit Alolan Sandslash harder. This leaves Vanilluxe extremely vulnerable to Magmortar coming in on the field. Coming on the field, however, can be an issue to Magmortar since it is weak to Stealth Rock, so I decided to add Xatu to the team to keep Stealth Rock off the field. I also wanted a Defog user, and while I could've ran Xatu, I really wanted to use Rotom again, so I added that to the team. Next came Steelix since I needed a Stealth Rocker, also a more solid Flying resist (Rotom takes a billion from Braviary). Next I added Slowbro for the crispy BroLix core, as well as for the fact that I needed a win condition on the team. Lastly, Passimian was added for a Choice Scarf user.

I found Espeonage. on the ladder and he was using Vivillon, that inspired me to build this team. I have been a big fan of Vivillon since the latest tier shift, although I hadn't really experimented with it myself. Therefore, out came this lovely team here. The spread is a classic Earth spread from the last SPL, it pretty much lives an Ice Shard from Sneasel from full. Next I added Xatu because when using Vivillon, you really can't let Stealth Rock on the field. Just in case, I put Defog on Xatu if Stealth Rock does manage to go up. Next I added Steelix because the team needed a Stealth Rock user of its own, as well as a Flying resist. Next, I wanted a Fighting-type, but I didn't want to use the standard Passimian. Instead, I added a second win condition in Scrafty with Dragon Dance, which I don't use often. Next, I added Assault Vest Magmortar since this team was fairly weak to any special attack, as well as the infamous Vanilluxe. Lastly, I needed some sort of speed control, so my Choice Scarf user of choice was Heliolisk.

So this is a team I built right after I realized that Vanilluxe is dumb broken, especially on the ladder, as no one runs a resist to it (I mean being realistic, there is no real counter). One of the first problems I recognized for Vanilluxe was its weakness to Fire and Fighting types. That lead me to add Slowbro to the team. Next, I decided to add Incineroar to get some physical offensive presence to the team, as well as for the fact that Incineroar pairs fairly well with Slowbro. Next, I realized I needed a Choice Scarf user, so I added the standard Passimian in order to fill that role. After that, a Stealth Rock user was clear, so I decided to add Diancie because of its offensive pressure. Lastly, there were a couple of weaknesses I needed to patch up. One thing I recognized immediately was my lack of a hazard remover. I also noticed I needed a Ground resist. In turn, I decided to add Dhelmise to the team. I'm not entirely sure what the spread does but it lives a Fire Blast from Delphox from full almost 100% of the time, so I'd imagine that is what it does. The Speed is to creep other Base 40 Pokemon. I know a lot of people don't like Rapid Spin Dhelmise, but personally I've had a lot of success with it, so I'm going to continue to use it anyway. I know this team is ultra standard, but it is definitely one of my better built teams.

Here's another team I had fun building and playing with. At first I started with Swords Dance Incineroar, but instead of putting a Z-Move on it, I decided to use a Pinch berry on it instead. I really wanted to test that because I had seen some people using the strategy and it seemed pretty cool, so that's how I decided to use that. Next, I wanted to use a non-traditional Fighting resist, and the first thing that came to mind was Palossand. I think Palossand is underrated right now, it's a very good Fighting resist as well as being able to carry Stealth Rock, while also threatening Xatu, which appears to be getting more common (in the tournament scene, specifically). On this team I don't actually have a move to hit Xatu with but rather Toxic over Shadow Ball instead, since this team I felt was actually super Braviary weak, and Palossand kind of invites Braviary in for free. Besides, at this point I had Incineroar to deal with Xatu. Next, I wanted to use Sceptile as it is a very powerful special attacker, and that was pretty much it for that lol. Next I added Braviary because I wanted a second win condition, and I also really wanted a Flying-type on this just because I could add one (this reasoning is complete bullshit LOL). Oh, and I needed something for Incineroar. Next I added Slowking so something could soak special hits, as well as to form a Fire Water Grass core. Lastly, I decided to add Rotom because I needed a Choice Scarf user, also because I needed something to use Defog. While it could've gone on Braviary, I really didn't have the room for it.

So i wanted to build a team around Z Grass Gallade since i've heard some hype around it breaking fat teams, which it does very well. Vileplume was added as a Comfey check, 144 SpD allows Vileplume to never get 2hko'd by life orb HP Fire even if it gets knocked off and switches into rocks. I added AV Blastoise because I needed a Vanilluxe switch in, Mirror Coat is a really cool surprise on Blastoise and AV helps it survive strong special hits from Heliolisk. I added Palossand for Stealth Rocks, I don't use it often but it really fits on this type of bulky offense build since i don't have to use Piloswine for an ice resist. At this point in teambuilding I've noticed a Braviary weakness, so i added a Sub-Tox Aerodactyl, it also switches into Incineroar fairly well. I wanted some sort of priority on this team since it is fairly slow, so i added Sneasel. Sneasel also pursuit traps faster mons for Gallade to put in work (Heliolisk, Delphox), I chose Life Orb over Choice Band so I can have an easier time against Xatu since they run Protect now.
Gallade @ Grassium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Zen Headbutt

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 16 SpA / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Blastoise @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpA / 48 SpD / 32 Spe
Modest Nature
- Mirror Coat
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Dark Pulse

Palossand @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up

Aerodactyl @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Rock Slide

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

I've always really liked using Scarf Servine ever since ORAS. I actually made the team Pokeaim used in his ORAS NU Top 10 Finale, 2 years ago. I wanted to redo that team since it was so fun. Scarf Servine can get some surprise KO's, it's speed tier is really nice since it outspeeds Scarf Passimian. Xatu helps with hazards, fighting resist, and can get some nice chip with Rocky Helmet on U-turners like Incineroar. Z Bug Passimian is a cool set i seen Kushalos use, I like how it uses the illusion of Scarf. Sylvally-Steel is for Vanilluxe and Klinklang, adds Defog Support for Vivillon, and Parting Shot can help with setup opportunities. Sub Vivillon has good offensive synergy with Servine, they wear down each other's checks. Diancie with Psychic lures Vileplume so Servine can sweep easier, it also consistently hits Golbat.
Servine @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Glare
- Knock Off

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Roost
- Night Shade

Passimian @ Buginium Z
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Bulk Up

Calm Nature
- Parting Shot
- Defog
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

Vivillon @ Leftovers
EVs: 16 HP / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane

Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Psychic

Bug is a really powerful offensive typing right now. Specs Accelgor is really good. I paired it with Z-Ground Pinsir to remove Steelix, Garbodor, Incineroar. I chose Hyper Cutter as Pinsir's Ability because Incineroar is annoying af, but Mold Breaker could be useful against stall builds that rely on Quagsire. Piloswine is a nice offensive rocker, Volt Switch blocker since Rotom is annoying for bugs. Scarf Kabutops adds hazard control which is better than adding a defogger since this team has Garbodor's hazards. Garbodor is Normal Gem Explosion to catch Golbat, which Accelgor appreciates gone. Incineroar adds an extra ice resist since Piloswine can't really switch into Flash Cannon from Vanilluxe, it's also nice for Delphox and Sneasel.
Accelgor @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sticky Hold
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast

Pinsir @ Groundium Z
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Kabutops @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Battle Armor
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet

Garbodor @ Normal Gem
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Rock Blast

EVs: 244 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

I wanted to try Absol since it seems like a good wallbreaker that can get past Inineroar. I like that it can knock off Steelix's Leftovers which helps chip it down for Klinklang. Diancie is the rocker, I decided to use Dual Screens since it can help give Klinklang setup opportunities and it makes Absol not so frail. Vileplume switches into Fairies that Absol gets revenge killed by. Klinklang can setup on Vanilluxe, especially if screens are up. Rotom switches into Steelix and defogs, it also checks Klinklang. Scarf Medicham hits Golbat harder than Passimian, tricking Slowbro a scarf helps Vileplume and Klinklang.
YAH YAH (Absol) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Iron Tail

Ice (Diancie) @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 168 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Drip (Vileplume) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 16 SpA / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

One Time (Klinklang) @ Electrium Z
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear
- Wild Charge
- Substitute

Skrrr Skrrr (Rotom) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hex
- Defog

Hennessy (Medicham) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Trick
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
I got hungover and couldn't play my NUL match, so here's a teamdump:

Team 1: Scrafty / Slowbro dual Wincon squad

Togedemaru @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 200 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Wish
- Zing Zap
- Super Fang

Diancie @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heal Bell
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast

Slowbro @ Waterium Z
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Rotom @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Scrafty @ Chople Berry
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 212 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up
- Rest

Braviary @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Brave Bird
- Roost

This is one of my favorite recent teams, featuring a dual wincon core of BU Scrafty and CM Slowbro, using Scrafty to take on Rotom and Guzzlord for Slowbro, while Slowbro takes on Pass for Scrafty. I supported the duo with Togedemaru to take on enemy Whimsicott and Vanilluxe, and Diancie to take on enemy Incin, as well as punish enemy Golbat, while also Heal Belling to remove Slowbro's Toxic. Rotom functions as the team's primary Steelix switchin, as well as providing hazard control, and also working as a secondary fighting resist, all of which streamline the team's gameplay. Braviary is the team's revenge killer, as well as the team's main answer to enemy Grass types, easily taking on most Decidueye sets, with Roost last slot to help maintain its HP on a predicted switch. CM + Toxic Bro was chosen as it efficiently whittles a lot of Slowbro answers such as Vaporeon, Guzzlord, and enemy Slowbro, while Heal Bell on Diancie really helps the gameplay vs the aforementioned mons. Chople Bu Scrafty is a fun tech that really punishes enemy Passimian users, letting Scrafty easily remove half of Passimian's HP. The main gameplay issue for the team is enemy Offensive Diancie, as the team sorta just relies on either sacking a mon, or whittling it down to beat it.

Weaknesses:
Specs Diancie
HP Ground Vanilluxe

Possible Changes:
Rhydon over Diancie would help significantly vs enemy Diancie, but means you don't have Heal Bell support anymore, and makes the Sneasel matchup more predictable on your part.

Team 2: CM Sigil

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Energy Ball
- Calm Mind

Steelix @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Whimsicott @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Refresh
- Toxic

This team is built around a set that I really love, defensive CM Sigilyph, with a Life orb to make it actually hit hard off the bat. CM + Roost combined with that coverage lets it really punish almost enemy bulky squad lacking either Sneasel or either of the two Steel types that threaten it (aka Snowslash or Togedemaru). Its supported by Steelix, which helps to punish enemy Sneasel, as well as providing Stealth Rock support, with Toxic last slot to punish any Rotoms that come in on Lix. Passimian is the best scarfer in the tier, and is a large part of the team's Incineroar counterplay, easily revenge killing it. Whimsicott is combined with Passimian to punish enemy offense squads, with the two functioning as a fairly potent U-Turn duo, as well as just punishing anything frail enough to lose to them. Blastoise is the chosen hazard control, as the team needed a mon that could function as a soft Incineroar check, as well as punish enemy Lix. Finally, Incineroar is another measure of counterplay vs enemy Incin, being able to EQ it in a pinch, as well as beating enemy Ice types for the team.

Weaknesses:
Heliolisk
Rotom

Possible Changes:
Torterra over Steelix hurts the Sneasel matchup a tad, but that matchup really isn't that difficult, while simplifying the gameplan vs non HP Ice Lisk. If this is chosen, switch out Whimsicott or Blastoise for a secondary Flying resist, maybe both.

Team 3: Offense

Rhydon @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Gallade @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Psycho Cut

Slowking @ Psychium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room

Guzzlord @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Steel]
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
- Parting Shot
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Defog

I've been trying to make a team where SD Gallade shines, as it really is a fun mon to use, and always looks amazing on paper (not so much in practice). Finally stumbled upon the combination of it + NP King, using LO Leaf Blade to lure in and KO enemy Bro, as well as weaken the enemy team for a OTR King sweep in general. This team definitely does have issues with enemy Sneasel, as it really relies on Pass + Silvally to beat it, but with good play you should be safe. Guzzlord is here to punish enemy Slowbro, as relying on a lure as your only counterplay to a mon as influential as Slowbro is a tad iffy, while also helping to break the enemy team. Rhydon punishes enemy Golbat, which is a potential issue for Gallade if the Bat is running enough speed, Silvally-Steel punishes Fairy + Ice types, and Passimian is a generic goodmon.

Weaknesses:
Sneasel
Heliolisk

Possible Changes:
Diancie over Rhydon really makes the Sneasel matchup easier, but no volt immune on a team like this is really scary.
Z-move on Gallade + Colbur on Slowking is a change that can simplify the Sneasel matchup, but means you end up lacking some breaking power.

Team 4: More Workable than it has any right to be

Clawitzer @ Metronome
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Stun Spore
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

Diancie @ Fairium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Calm Mind

Heliolisk @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice
- Surf

Golbat @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Super Fang
- Roost

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

I'm not really gonna ever call this a good team, but its absolutely hilarious, which has to count for something. Metronome Claw is here to basically win the game vs anything fat if you predict right once and then just spam click water pulse. Whims stun spores stuff to make Claw even scarier, and Hbeam Lisk is a weird tech that basically removes Pass from the game 90% of the time if you bluff it right. Dual Dance Diancie is just here cause I like the mon, and it cleans really efficiently if you manage to whittle the right stuff. Golbat Whittles Lix / Rhydon for Diancie with Super Fang, and defogs, while acting as a usable Fighting / Fairy resist, though if it dies the team loses to enemy Comfey. Piloswine is the rocker and ice resist, and lures in Bro to let you punish it with Claw. Overall weird team, unsure if its high quality enough to share, but fun.

Team 5: Lisk / Dhelm

Dhelmise @ Choice Band
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
- Earthquake

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Surf

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Refresh
- Rapid Spin

Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Power Gem
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast

Delphox @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 176 HP / 80 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

So, Lisk + Dhelmise is a very fun core that lets you actually take on virtually every electric in NU without needing a Ground type, which is really helpful, with Lisk punishing Rotom, and Dhelm punishing Lisk. Unfortunately it is very weak to enemy Sneasel, which is why Diancie, Pass, and Blastoise are all here. I am using the generic SR Diancie set cause its a good set, and has good synergy with the first two mons, Blastoise to make life easier vs enemy Lix / Rhydon by giving myself more than 1 switchin to either, and SubTox Delphox to help just win the game once Dhelm and Lisk have done their work whittling the enemy team. Pass is here cause its a good mon, and compresses 50 roles into one slot.

Last edited:
I have nothing better to do on this fine evening than to drink tea and post all my teams since the last round of drops.

the quag balance special

https://pokepast.es/088b51d692395412

quag drop and I saw a niche for balance that I wanted to try out, this is already like, a few months old but still plays fine. its really just defensive synergy + broken comfey and plate sneasel so miltank can get rocks up. nothing overly fancy. the ghost/grasses can get a little iffy at times

the cb aero vapovally

https://pokepast.es/4611d92986d56ded

again, aero dropped, and just analyzing the meta, LO was gonna be, bluntly put, ass. next in mind was CB, which is a cool idea for early game holy tearing, one of the greatest defensive backbones you can wish for in vapo vally palo and fastbat, and spdef drud to get up rocks against xatu shit and toxic slowbros

the kush special

https://pokepast.es/78f89d8db837e840

there was a sudden claw hype which tickled my fancy, wanted some spikes and a nice balance ish backbone and ended up w this

the mouse and monkey

https://pokepast.es/5865970f14f01a99

wanted to see if cb passimian was any good, and hell yes its great. this is good af until you face a fat scrafty or a comfey, which isnt very unlikely

the fat one and the owl

https://pokepast.es/58b6802613441695

toxtect yama + sd decid just made sense esp after I saw finch use it in some open game

the flower and the snail

https://pokepast.es/0c94cca644aa9cd1

wanted to use plume more and had to play renchon for some random tour, also saw finch use xatu + aloslash + magmortar so thats where the initial inspiration came from

the dancing fossil

https://pokepast.es/760a11a8d8cc5dcf

sd kabu looked cool so just threw on 5 good mons alongside it

the diamonds and ninjas

https://pokepast.es/0eec3b4134446c0d

idk what to add, this is just really boring w a sprinkle of neomon

the non specs ice cream SUX

https://pokepast.es/a9cd4cf66076857f

i realize this isnt a good team at bringing ice cream in but like, non specs does 10 to physdef yama, delete this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)