Resource NU Bazaar v2: Post your teams here!

I wanted to build a team with Lilligant + Vanilluxe since they seem like a very good core. Lilligant is Z Normalium, allowing it to get past usual checks such as Xatu, Incineroar, Garbodor, etc.. Vanilluxe is great for getting past grass-ghost types. Hail is really nice for getting chip on Incineroar and Sylvally-Steel. I added Xatu because people are still using Ferroseed for some reason, it's also great for general hazard control, a really great Steelix pivot, also good for getting chip on Incineroar with Rocky Helmet and Night Shade. Steelix gives the team a rocker, a Klinklang Check, and Heliolisk Pivot. Incineroar is a good switch in to pretty much everything that Lilligant and Vanilluxe can't handle. I put 8 speed on Incineroar with a Brave nature to get the faster U-Turn against other Brave Incineroar. I like U-Turn over WOW because it gives more opportunites for Vanilluxe to come in. Team was looking slow so my first idea was to throw on Choice Scarf Passimian, and I think it's really good because you can U-Turn on Slowbro and go Lilligant. This is a pretty standard looking team, I won't be surprised if there's similar ice cream builds to this.
GUCCI (Vanilluxe) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard
- Flash Cannon

Lilligant @ Normalium Z
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nature Power / Hyper Beam
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Night Shade
- Roost
- U-turn

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Incineroar @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD / 8 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Receiver
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

I wanted to use Specs Samurott because Incineroar is so common. It's fun because people usually expect physical. I put on Torterra as a defense for Heliolisk. I went with Stone Edge over Wood Hammer because it's better to hit Xatu and get up rocks. Incineroar is another soft check to Klinklang, and is also a switch-in to almost everything in the tier. Incineroar is nice for Steelix because you can get good damage on it and knock off it's leftovers for Klinklang later on. Garbodor switches into fighting types, sets spikes, and gets chip on stuff for Klinklang to sweep. Scarf Rotom adds speed to the team and is a spin blocker. Klinklang takes advantage of Samurott's wallbreaking and is nice for Diancie.
saint laurent feet (Samurott) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Scald

two tone patek (Torterra) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 68 Def / 136 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis

porsche cayenne (Incineroar) @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 132 Def / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

loubs (Garbodor) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect

chanel her dress (Rotom) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

saint laurent shades (Klinklang) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear
- Wild Charge
- Return

I wanted to use Sticky Web since I think it has potential in the tier. Sigilyph with Thunder Wave and Focus Sash insures no setup sweepers will auto win after Smeargle is sacrificed. It's also nice for threats that avoid Sticky Web. Braviary punishes defoggers, I went with Scarf because I think it's important to still have a fast mon even on Sticky Webs, plus you actually need Scarf to outspeed Accelgor anyways with Sticky Web. Incineroar blocks Whimsicott's Defog, is a soft check to Klinklang, and Incinium Z almost always guarantees a kill. Mismagius spin blocks, good switch in to Slowbro, and can prevent defog with taunt. I like Destiny Bond but Nasty Plot is also a good option on Sticky Webs. Wallbreaker Medicham on Sticky Webs, how can that go wrong?
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Skill Swap

Sigilyph @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Air Slash
- Energy Ball

Braviary @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Facade

Incineroar @ Incinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond / Nasty Plot
- Power Gem

Medicham @ Life Orb
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Psycho Cut
- Thunder Punch
- Bullet Punch

Jisoo

two slow dancers last ones out
is a Pre-Contributoris a defending SPL Champion
Saw Absol sitting at B on the VR the other day and have been trying to make it work and I've gotta say this mon is pretty impressive. I've built around 4 attacks Absol and CM Comfey because Absol breaks *most* of Comfey's checks & counters which I find pretty neat.

Started with 4 attacks Absol. Knock Off is your strong, standard STAB move that hits obscenely hard, OHKOing frail Pokemon or otherwise dealing significant damage and removing the item which is makes Pokemon like Passimian less than stellar switch ins to your STAB move. Sucker Punch flat out OHKOs Pokemon that take neutral damage from it, like Heliolisk and Sceptile (with Rocks up, you have a high chance to OHKO). Iron Tail gives you coverage against the Fairies in NU such as Diancie, Comfey, and Aromatisse if they do not respect it. Superpower gives you much needed coverage against Steel-types and Incineroar (and other Dark-types like Houndoom, but less so, since they are already frail and take too much from your STAB). I added Comfey next because it's a decent wincon atm that benefits a lot from the wallbreaking prowess of Absol, taking advantage of Absol's ability to hit things like Golbat, bulky Incineroar, and defensive Phox. Xatu gives me a form of hazard control and a better Steelix matchup, something I felt was important because Rocks damage and Life Orb damage quickly adds up on Absol and Steelix can set them up with relative ease against my first two Pokemon. I opted for Toxic because it gives me a better Slowbro matchup. Toge is my main Heliolisk and Vikavolt check that eases the Golbat matchup (a relatively difficult one) while also providing pivot value through U-Turn and giving me my own Comfey check. Oh, and it checks Vanilluxe and Braviary as well. Palossand is my Rocker of choice here because it stops Medicham and has a pretty good matchup vs the other rockers, a trait I feel is undervalued by many. It also has recovery so yeah heck you Steelix. Finally, went with Vaporeon since it gives me a fire resist and Wish support and another soft check to Passimian.

Overall, I feel this team is decent and can be used if you want to try out Absol for yourself as it is definitely usable rn. You could replace Togedemaru with Silvally and change Palossand to Torterra if you prefer those mons, but this is an ill-advised change imo cause you lose the Medicham counter and open yourself more susceptible to Vikavolt and Golbat because Silvally lacks Leftovers. I don't have replays of it putting in work because I never really thought I would post this team but hopefully you'll take my word that it does cool things. Maybe I'll edit them in.

pee (Druddigon) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock

is (Comfey) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

stored (Silvally-Steel) @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 232 HP / 216 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- U-turn

in (Slowking) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

the (Rotom) @ Ghostium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Hex
- Volt Switch

balls (Passimian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Receiver
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
This is a team that I have been enjoying a lot lately. It's a bulky offense team with a steel/dragon/fairy core of Silvally-Steel, Druddigon, and Comfey. Comfey is obviously the sweeper, CM Life Orb 3 atks is an absolute monster. It cleans up so well because of Triage's priority, can sustain a sweep due to healing with Draining Kiss and Giga Drain, and finds easy opportunities to setup because of its decent bulk. LO Sheer Force Druddigon is incredible at taking out Comfey's checks such as steel-types, and overall destroys walls. It's important to save this thing if a Delphox is on the other team, because this team tends to be weak to it. It's running Stealth Rock over Gunk Shot, unfortunately, because I decided to use Silvally-Steel over Steelix. Drud also resists very common typings, which is a plus. Silvally-Steel checks fairies nicely, but can struggle because this one is running Toxic over Multi-Attack. I would consider running Multi-Attack over Flamethrower, but that is preference. Silvally's Toxic also makes it easier for Rotom to use Hex. Although frail, Rotom is a decent flying resist, and works amazingly with Scarf Passimian and Silvally as a VoltTurn core. Z-Hex here because it hits Vileplume harder. Will-o-Wisp makes it very hard for physical attackers to switch in on this. Scarf Passimian is self-explanatory. Great speed control and great pivoting capabilities. AV Slowking is running 4 atks without Fire Blast or Dragon Tail because they weren't providing much utility for me, but I am considering dropping Grass Knot for Fire Blast. Slowking just is a good switchin to various mons.

This team rewards smart play and good predictions, because it does get worn down if the game drags on. Making bad predictions and having to switch into attacks makes it worn down. So far, the team is weak to CM Delphox, Vileplume, Torterra, and Comfey. There may be more that I'm unaware of. However these aren't glaring weaknesses, in my opinion, because I have outplayed them and beat them.

Last edited:
big ♫ - (click on the sprites :eyes:)

Made a team for the suspect ladder, went 39-9 but could have done better imo. HO is really good at the moment on the ladder since the most predominant playstyle is balance, and it lacks good hazard control and walls to stop these 4 offensives mons. Omastar sets Stealth Rocks and one layer of Spikes if well used. Delphox is the most potent scarf mon for this playstyle, good coverage, fire/ice resist and trick makes it better than passimian or heliolisk. Mismagius and Vivillon are the two setup sweepers and also prevent most mons from setting up rocks with Taunt and Sleep Powder, you can run dazzling gleam over power gem but guzzlord and scrafty ain't a big issue for the team. Sceptile + Ditto are enough to beat most offensives builds, Ditto prevents the team from getting sweeped by Klinklang, Sigilyph and opposing Vivillion. Pretty easy to use, sets hazards asap and sweep with one of vivillion/sceptile/mismagius, against stall you gotta be more aggresive and get rocks and mismagius in. Incineroar is a bit of an issue but you should be able to deal with it easily if rocks are up and you are aggresive. TR is a loss from preview most of the time.

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Surf
- Shell Smash

Vivillon @ Leftovers
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance

Mismagius @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Power Gem
- Taunt

Delphox @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Trick

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Transform

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Funbot28

Banned deucer.

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Night Shade
- Roost
- Protect
- Toxic

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Knock Off
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Palossand @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Ball
- Shore Up
- Earth Power

Pyukumuku @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Block / Rest
- Toxic
- Recover
- Spite

Delphox @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 108 SpD / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Mystical Fire
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Golbat @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Poison Fang
- Roost
- Defog

The stall team myself and a few other people got reqs with. A team that is meant to counteract most traditional offensive threats / stallbreakers that usually tend to be a hassle against more defensive teams. The premise of this team is to utilize the combination of Wish passing, toxic damaging, and general anti-stall measures such as Magic Bounce and Unaware to annoy the opposing team. Xatu is the primary form of entry hazard deterring for the team, counteracting common entry hazard setters such as Steelix, defensive Garbador, non-Mold Breaker Druddigon, and other more shaky setters such as Rhydon and Palossand with proper prediction. It is also a great Passimian check via Rocky Helmet and Protect, while also being a great tool against opposing defensive teams that try to utilize their own status moves as a means to break through the team. Next we have the best Wish passer in the tier in Mega Audino, a great bulky specially defensive pivot which enables the team to check threats such as Vanilluxe, Guzzlord, and Heliolisk. Knock Off is great in taking out annoying items such as Life Orb and Choice items which can benefit the team in neutering certain threats. Also Regenerator is broken. Palossand is the SR user of the team and can also help handle threats such as Medicham, Passimian, a locked-in Heliolisk, and Aerodactyl. Rocky Helmet is placed over the traditional Colbur Berry to better wear down common pivot users such as Incineroar and Passimian. Pyukumuku is the anti-setup measure of the team, beating the likes of Braviary, Klingklang, Incineroar, and even Scrafty thanks to Spite + Block. Even if Pyukumu cannot 1v1 the opposing threat on its own, it usually wears up enough PP in order for its teammates to handle the threat it was intended to check. Its typing also helps with Fire and Ice types which can threaten other members of the team. Delphox is our secondary Wish passer and a good Vanilluxe, Magmortar, Whimsicott, and Comfey check. It also provides the team with some speed as it can cripple opposing fast mons with Toxic which can be really beneficial at times especially with Taunt users. Lastly, we have Golbat which not only provides secondary entry hazard removal, but a great check to the likes of Comfey, Sceptile, most Fighting-types, and Vileplume. The ability to bypass Substitute is also great in supporting Pyukumuku as it can cripple stallbreakers which rely on the measure to bypass status spreaders (ie: Sub Braviary, Sub Charizard, etc...). Poising Fang is used over Toxic to cripple opposing Xatu which is really beneficial for stalls.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-826937043
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-826724749
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-825387282
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-824962168
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-820836335

S/O to kay, Rabia, and neomon for helping polishing the team. I went 37-4 with this team which is quite an accomplishment for me as I am that well versed in NU. Now why don't you go ahead and break some friendships by using this on the ladder ;)

not adding the stall team rn due to questions if it is "your" team cause the polishers all have their own versions floating around

I will consult the experts to determine the best variation

also i will remember to update this now so post teams

Flyinium Z Braviary Offense

So I think offense is a rather underplayed archetype in the current metagame, most teams are bulky offense or balance builds. So I started the team off with Flyinium Z Braviary which is not very prepared for right now and it's just stupid strong. It's a really great Golbat lure which is why I paired it with Sceptile. You can take advantage of Vileplume switching into Sceptile by doubling to Braviary. AV Slowbro is a great Pivot on the team because the few things that Flyinium Z Braviary struggles with are dealt with by Bro (Steelix, Rhydon, and Diancie). Scarf Togedemaru is actually what I believe makes Offense work because it gives you a Klinklang check, outspeeds Timid Accelgor, Heliolisk check, Normalium Z Vaporeon check, and a good Vivillon check all in one team slot. The EV spread on Togedemaru OHKOs Diancie after Knock Off damage from Pinsir. Offensive Garbodor is so unexpectedly strong, especially when Golbat is lured. 2HKO'ing Xatu is nice for Sceptile. Lastly on the team is rocks Pinsir. I chose Pinsir because I liked its immediate offensive presence, and it has some nice utility in Knock Off. If you manage to Knock Off Golbat you'll make Sceptile alot more useful. Stone Edge is nice for Aerodactyl, Mold Breaker rocks really lets you pressure Xatu with Sceptile. You can also try Earthquake on Pinsir.
Braviary @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Superpower
- Bulk Up

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Slowbro @ Assault Vest
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Future Sight

Togedemaru @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 180 HP / 96 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Return

Garbodor @ Toxic Plate
Ability: Aftermath
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Stomping Tantrum
- Drain Punch

Pinsir @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Knock Off

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor

Funky Stall

After taking a short break I decided to comeback and make stall a thing again so I came up with this. I tried to have a different approach and not use Xatu and have an actual good Medicham counter so I went with Spiritomb. This mon provides a great way to punish all the broken fighting type pokemon like Passimian and Medi while also providing a really solid check to Mismagius and Delphox (since they rarely run Dazzling Gleam these days). Next up is Steelix, a pokemon that provides a solid answer to most fairy types, provides rocks and also gives another normal and flying resist. Curse makes it easier to get up rocks against Xatu builds (especially if you manage to get rid of its Helmet) while also giving a semi wincon. Pyukumuku paired with block provides a great trapper that can also stop most set up sweepers such as Incineroar and Scrafty, the latter one loses to pyuku due to spite. Ghostium Z makes Pyukumuku a great Knock Off sponge while also restoring 100% of its health if its ever needed. Audino is the Cleric of the team, providing Wish and Heal Bell support while also having utility with Knock Off (which helps out against Xatu's and Steelix's). Hariyama is the main Ice- and Fire- type resist while also checking most rockers in the tier like Steelix and Rhydon. It also provides solid utility with Knock Off and Toxic (if you want to use that over Rest) and Protect lets you scout what choice locked pokemon such as Passimian and Sceptile want to go for. Finally Golbat gives the team a Grass-type resist and hazard removal while also providing a secondary Fairy- and Fighting- type resist. Golbat has the ability to beat most spikers in the tier since the most prominent one is Garbodor and the best it can do is explode on it. While Golbat does struggle to beat most rockers the team can easily chip them making it easy to remove the rocks.

Some threats that the team has are vikavolt (because lol) and vivillion (lol x2)
Conclusion: Bugs are broken.

Have fun!

Hariyama @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 44 HP / 212 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Rest / Toxic

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Curse
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

Audino @ Audinite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Knock Off

Pyukumuku @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Spite
- Block

Spiritomb @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Pursuit
- Toxic
- Sucker Punch
- Rest

Golbat @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic / Poison Fang
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird

Last edited:

Scarf Servine is one of my favorite mons to use because it's pretty 1 dimensional and surprisingly effect. Having base 83 speed means in can outspeed passimian which I believe is the benchmark of fast in the tier. It also has some utility moves in defog, glare, knock off, and worry seed. Aggron has alot of synergy with Servine, being able to switch into 2 of Servine's counters in Vileplume and Golbat while having offensive pressure. Xatu was added because I wanted a solid switch in to Steelix so Aggron can fire off Headsmashes without having to worry about giving up momentum. I added Incineroar because the team wanted a switch in to Decidueye and Dhelmise, also having a Delphox switch in is good. I chose palossand as my rocker because it can deal with Heliolisk fairly well while still getting rocks up vs Xatu, and getting chip on Xatu is important for Servine because Leafstorm 2hko's Xatu after rocks. I went with Fightinium Z on Heliolisk because it can OHKO Steelix after Sturdy is gone which is pretty easy to do with this team. Something cool i've found out recently is that Z Crystal Heliolisk doesn't get OHKO'd by Knock Off from Sneasel, so it doesn't have to play pursuit games. Getting rid of Sneasel is nice for Servine in the late-game.

252 Atk Choice Band Sneasel Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Heliolisk: 214-253 (80.7 - 95.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Contrary Servine Leaf Storm over 2 turns vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Xatu: 261-306 (78.1 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed KO in 2 turns after Stealth Rock

Servine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Defog
- Worry Seed / Knock Off

Aggron @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Roost
- Night Shade

Incineroar @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 132 Def / 132 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Palossand @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Compaction
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up

Heliolisk @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hyper Voice

i've been meaning to do this for a while, but i finally decided to post the teams i've built for myself/osh within the past year (some of them got fucked after the shifts, so i'll drop them separately at the end if you wanna modify them). click the sprites for the respective PokePaste, enjoy.

Idea was pretty simple, Sigilyph + Spikes in order to limit the amount of times the likes of Inc can switch-in. Ferro was used for role compression, being able to counter Helio whilst gives Spikes and Rocks in one. Golbat provided a sturdy Fighting Resist and Taunt Tox gave us a secondary way to break through fatter stuff and really fast Bat was to outspeed neutral Vivillon. Toise and Inc fit the next two slots perfectly, the former providing spin, so our own spikes are able to stay up and the latter finishing off the FWG core whilst providing really useful defensive utility (namely an opposing Inc pivot). Although Inc was Toxic in the game Osh used this vs Ren-Chon, I think in hindsight Protect is miles better, being able to scout Heliolisk which could otherwise be a nuisance. Passimian was the last slot for speed control and to act as a momentum grabber. Xatu is a pain for Ferro, and Helio can get quite annoying (This was built a good 7ish months ago, so in this meta, I'd definitely consider Togedemaru > Passimian).

Zangoose is a really breaker, and definitely deserves more usage. But yeah, it's what I built around the its main weakness is being whittled down easily due to Poison damage, so I decided to pair it with Healing Wish Mesprit which also gives me a scarfer. Drud was added to get up rocks vs pesky Xatu teams, making it easier for Goose to pressure. Plume was added just to blanket check things such as Comfey/Helio/Opposing Plume and Inc to give me an Ice Resist. Decid is the main removal and is able to pressure most rockers really well; double grass is the result of no electric immunity. The spread allows you to OHKO Palo with Leaf Storm and outrun Specs Modest Diancie. Really fun team, Osh used this vs Lax.

The goal is (was) to lure the likes of Diancie and AV Bro, then spam Fire STAB. Dhelmise was instantly added to compress removal + Helio answer whilst also still being able to pressure the likes of Bro/Diancie is luring them fails. Knock over EQ was mostly because there was no Knock Otherwise, besides, you still get knock Iapapa off of Inc which is still nice. Lix gives rocks + Elec Immunity and full def was used for Mega Glalie. Golbat also had a handful of Defensive Utility (namely secondary Fight Resist + Comfey Answer), and Osh was scared about Scrafty so. Wasn't a fan of Dhelmise as sole removal, so decided to finish off the FWG core with Spin Toise. TurboToise gives us another way to RK Inc if needed. Helio was added to strengthen the offensive core and also as an offensive pivot into both Slowbro and Rotom. Another fun team, but Rotom can get quite annoying and in some situations so can the lack of scarfer. After the shifts, Fightinium Zard is probably the way to go. Osh Vs Garay Oak

Easily my favourite team I've made, really offensive team revolving around Specs Helio. Decid was originally Xatu, but then Sceptile became a pain so ya, I added Decid since it can still check Fights and act as removal. Inc was just a really nice offensive pivot which can maintain offensive pressure. Palo was added as a more solid fight resist, elec immunity and a rocker than can rock up vs Xatu. Ghostium is a nice nuke and Spe EVs allow you to creep Slowking. Comfey was added to be able to RK faster stuff and act as a win-con late game. Glalie was originally Vanilluxe, but had to change it after the ban. Still works as well, and access to Spikes is act really useful at helping Helio pressure stuff. Replay

Really standard team I built to use for Seasonal vs Osh, I executed this sub-optimally but it's alright. Drud gets up rocks in most match ups, and offers good defensive utility, which aids Mag in 2HKOing the meta. Rotom was added to Defog vs the like of Lix, Grab Momentum and also act as a ground immunity. Pass was originally itemless Acro, but this team desperately needed speed control, so scarf it is. Acro allows you to take advantage of using this to take a Knock from Inc. Plume is Plume, offering amazing defensive utility. Pretty standard, not much to say but this was made pre-shift, and has definitely gotten better with the departure of both Diancie and AV Bro.

Outdated teams:

Another team I really like. Specs Eggy is a nuisance of a wall-breaker, and decided to go w an offensive VoltTurn type team, so I instantly added to SteelVally for compression. Osh was feeling saucy and wanted to use Band Pass, so we added that w Seed Bomb for Vapo/Bro/Palo in particular (which really came in useful vs the game he used it in) (This could also easily be scarf, band was mostly for style points). Inc was added as an offensive pivot and just a really nice breaker which can keep up offensive momentum. Rhydon is just a solid Electric Immunity + Inc answer whilst also providing us rocks. Finally, we needed a Fight Resist so we decided to go w Bro. Osh vs Pohjis

A team I really enjoyed building, Osh really wanted to use Specs Toise, so I wanted to pair that with something that can lure AV Bro and Vapo, so decided to go with Electrium Bro. EVs allow you to OHKO and Creep most AV Bros, rest in bulk. Helio became a huge threat, and Seism hard walled the Bro, so Plume was a perfect fit as it also gave us an answer to Grass Types. Drud is another Electric resist and helps gets up Rocks vs most removal. Cryo was mostly the Glalie answer + Ground Immunity + Removal, and again, another Helio check. The team was still very Helio weak even with 3 checks as I lacked an Electric Immunity, so went with Togedemaru to offer me speed control as well as being able to momentum grab. Osh Vs Meeps

This one's old, hence the Sandslash-A, but could probably reworked. Started with Dual Dance Ground Z Rhydon, really interesting mon as at the time it was able to OHKO and lure in Slowbro, which was the main appeal. Decided to pair it with Defog Decid since it covers (most) weaknesses quite well whilst also being able to grab momentum, check Helio and remove rocks. Specs Mag was added to take advantage of getting rid of the likes of AV Bro. Sandslash-A was the main rocker, since you're able to bluff that it's removal, making the opp think Rhydon is the Rocker and Decid is SD Z; also the main Vanilluxe answer. Slowking was added a secondary Fight Resist and also being able to pivot into any Vanilluxe which tried to HP Fight / HP Ground. Passimian is again there to grab momentum and RK Incineroar, which is a massive threat to this team. Osh vs Finch

Mag seemed good vs Eternally, and decided to pair it with TSpikes to draw in Plume and make way to aggressively play with Plume. Toise was added so TSpikes aren't removed, and then Toge provided role compression in Scarf + Electric Immunity. Diancie gave rocks and also a solid Incineroar check whilst Sneasel traps Ghost Types which attempt to spin-block. Osh vs Rozes

This is a team Osh never really got around to using, but it's still quite fun. The concept was to build around Garb + SubTect SD Inc to whittle everything down to the point where Pass can clean up. Garb set is really unorthodox, but it's nice to have a sleep absorber for Plume; Tect can be Boom or Stomping Tantrum. Dhelmise offers nice compression, Helio answer + Spin. Slowbro finishes off the FWG core and CM min conjunction with Tect is really difficult to play around with a TSpike up. Diancie is the Inc answer + Rocker whereas Pass is the Speed Control.

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
Dropping a few teams

Inspired by that one Pokeaim episode I saw of scarf Crabominable in PU, I decided to try out scarf Eggy. 208 Timid with Scarf allows you to outspeed Timid Magmortar and slower things, and gives you the chance to net a few surprise KOs. I have Earthquake to get the surprise on SpDef Garbodor, but you're probably better of with Giga Drain. Blastoise exists for a Fire/Ice check and hazard control, and Garbodor is there to check Comfey and provide TSpikes. Haze is nice to deter set up and really puts a stop to Comfey. Rhydon for Rocks and secondary Incineroar check, Mesprit for actual speed control and Chople Scrafty mainly to lure in Passimian to Knock Off their Scarves, allowing Mesprit and Eggy to wreck.

Another not-very-serious team. Z-Future Sight is a nuke coming off base 105 SpAtk. Dazzling Gleam for Pangoro and Scrafty or just to hit Dark types decently, Knock Off to remove items and U-turn for momentum (plus it also implies Scarf sometimes). Palossand and Weezing as Fighting switch ins since Mesprit would not appreciate a Knock Off, Blastoise for hazard control again, Togedemaru for some speed control and Sceptile to deal with the things Togedemaru doesn't want to deal with.

edit: I am an idiot and did not realise Mesprit isn't that strong.

Paraspam + Kingler. The Heliolisk set was initially SubGlare, you can change it to that if you really want to Paraspam. This team was built quite recently after the Plume ban, so I'm not sure how it functions now. Definitely not serious by any means. Also Superpower > Swords Dance on Kingler to hit stuff like Ferroseed, Mega Abomasnow and Heliolisk harder. The Mesprit set helps to chip Steelix for Togedemaru and Whimsicott and I just really wanted Healing Wish support. Not my best team, but fun to troll on ladder.

This was the squad I made before the one above. Triple Paraspam to help out Clawitzer and Pangoro which are slow as heck. AV on Clawitzer because I don't like being locked in but I don't want to take recoil. Alternatively you could run Expert Belt, which is probably better in hindsight, or Metronome to wear down stuff like Vaporeon and Blastoise faster. SubCM Delphox is nice as you'll eventually get to the point where you can tank Scalds behind the sub and hax your opponent with paras. Scarf Togedemaru is there too.

In a similar vein of "putting Choice Scarf on mons that should never reasonably ever run Choice Scarf", we have a Scarf Panda squad. Jolly because Adamant scarf wouldn't outspeed Mismagius and Delphox, and you wouldn't want to be popped by a Dazzling Gleam now. Comfey to deal with other annoying scarf fighting types, Lisk and Glalie to scare out Golbat, while Glalie and Rhydon helps with hazard stack and both scare out Xatu. Also, there's Xatu. Struggles against any team that is properly built.

Liligant is kind of unexplored at the moment and it is a better boosting Grass type than robin hoot. HP Ground is primarily for Togedemaru although you still get outsped at +1 by Scarf edgehog. Seismitoad and Slowking act as Fire checks that Lili doesn't like, and Toad deals with Togedemaru to a certain extent. Scarf Rotom because I like outrunning Scarf monkeys, Pangoro to lure said monkey and either remove the scarf or do heavy damage with Drain Punch into Bullet Punch. Golbat as tertiary monkey check. This team hates Togedemaru though, so maybe Incineroar over Slowking or something.

This time we have a more offensive build. HP Rock cos we got big boy solid snake to deal with the annoying chipmunk. It also hits flying types and Vivillon which I realise is actually an underprepped problem. Aerodactyl removes Xatu and many other things from the game so you can comfortably hazard stack. Defog + TSpikes seems weird, but honestly you don't really need to get rid of Rocks when you can just get rid of the rocker eventually. Ice Beam over Toxic on Vaporeon since half the team already runs status, and I don't even think Toxic is useful on Steelix. Not running max speed on Rotom because I want to tank more hits, and 248 Timid outspeed Vivillon anyway. Definitely better but needs more testing.

I have Ambipom squads but none of you are ready to see them.

Last edited:

Heres a team i'm having a lot of fun with on the ladder, pretty simple, the ideal goal would be to para most things that outspeeds Medicham or Incineroar with either Druddigon, Togedemaru or Slowking while setting Spikes to help both breaking more easily.
Incineroar & Medicham is an amazing offensive core as they will deal with eachother answers pretty well. went with Fake Out Medi here as it is sooo cool at annoying Heliolisk in late-game which is a really tricky mon to deal with as Togedemaru can't straight ko it, it is immune to paralysis, and my Drud is actually offensive, Slowking become a bit harder to deal with, but you still have that strong asf HJK that still 2HKO the AV set while defensive one are more easily dealt with zap cannon Slowking (assuming the opponent isn't CM here) or Druddigon can more easily switch into it and put a huge pressure with its Z. Garb's offensive as the team does not wants to loose any kind of offensive pressure while you start setting up these layers, Explosion is pretty valuable to boom on slower hazard removal to keep them up.

Glalie-mega is a pretty fun mon to use, being able to set up spikes, hitting like a fckn truck while having access to a decent priority is pretty amazing, but it is pretty hard to build around imo as while it still is really strong, there still are some hard stop that can take advantage of it pretty easily depending on Glalie's moveset such as Blastoise, Incineroar, Slowking or Vaporeon. Pangoro went pretty naturally to me as a partner, it is a pretty cool wincondition in late-game, but most importantly it is able to lure out Passimian thanks to his Chople Berry which allows Glalie-mega to break way more freely instead of being forced out and taken advantage by U-Turn Passimian, plus Pangoro adds another piority to the team to help against more offensive teams. Basically right there went the Incineroar check & the first flying resist in Aerodactyl which is also helpful for our two first breaker as it can pretty easily trap Delphox which will think twice before locking himself on Psychic (if Choice Scarf) thanks to Pangoro plus still contribute to the overall speed of the team which is pretty neat actually went with Roost as 4th as Aero frequently end up being Knock'ed off and Roost helps with his longevity against Incineroar if needed. Seismitoad was chosen as the team desesperatly needed that water-resist while being able to setup sr, Icium z is chosen because the team has basically no dragon resist which makes Exegg so annoying if Seismitoad let it switch in freely, while beating Dhelmise to keep our hazards up as well. Scarf Rotom is Scarf Rotom, able to outrun most Scarfers, fast Defog if needed at one point, being able to Trick bulkier threats to ease Pangoro's setup or breaking, spinblocking against Blastoise while providing momentum & a "secondary fighting check" is invaluable for the team actually. at that point the team was destroyed by Comfey & Tspikes in general were annoying, so went with a fast Weezing (outspeeds Exegg-a to still let it little to no room to be troublesome) with Taunt to annoy others Weezing while Toxic Spikes is basically there to forces Garbodor or the opponent hazard control to rack up some damages thanks to Spikes

I've been working on a team for a few weeks, and after getting used to NU, the team has seen a lot of changes. I'm not going to discuss them all, but here is the final version:

https://pokepast.es/db30f88054c54868

From UU to NU, Articuno has consistently kept hazards away from passive setters for me. Heal bell, in combination with pressure, can stall put toxic pp. I initially had max special defence, but I discovered how popular toxic was on Steelix; the given defense EVs with a bold nature allows Articuno to avoid the 2HKO from standard Steelix. Other hazard removers would be worn down by toxic in a hazard war. The rest goes in SpD to better take hits from special attackers like Mesprit.

Quagsire was chosen over Pyukumuku for a couple of reasons. First of all, with Xatu everywhere, a sea sponge that can't attack is difficult to work with. Second of all, I wanted Amnesia to check stored power Sigilyph, and curse for power trip Incineroar. I only had room for recover and one attack, so I went with waterfall; it benefits from curse, gets a STAB boost, and doesn't have any type immunities. Aside from the 2 aforementioned threats, Quagsire is a blanket check for setup sweepers, especially physical ones.

For most of this team's development, I had Avalugg on the team for its ability to check Glalie and spin its spikes away. However, I was struggling to fit a Vikavolt check on the team, so I replaced Avalugg with Cryogonal. The def EVs allow it to avoid the OHKO from Mega Glalie's explosion. The rest goes into SpD to better check Vikavolt. Knock off can neuter specs Vikavolt, which has a chance to 2HKO you. It also punishes ghosts that try to spin block. Toxic wears down switch ins and Pokemon that Cryogonal walls.

The Delphox set I have is mostly standard, but I have max defense to check life orb Medicham. Toxic in combination with mystical fire allows Delphox to check calm mind users like Comfey and opposing Delphox. Wish is mandatory recovery, while protect ensures safe healing with wish. Protect also helps toxic stall and scout choice-locked Pokemon like Pasimmian and Sneasel. Delphox can also check Dhelmise that lack shadow claw.

I needed a rocker and status sponge in the same slot, so I went with Clefairy. I initially had a SpD set with heal bell and seismic toss, but it didn't pressure Xatu enough, which Clefairy should based on its roles. Heal bell allowed me to more freely use heal bell with Articuno, but I ultimately went with calm mind and moonblast to pressure Xatu. I also went with a physically defensive spread, since calm mind boosts SpD.

Lastly, we have Drampa. I needed a check to Rhydon, and Drampa does a decent job at that. It is not 2HKOed by Rhydon, and OHKOes back with surf. I originally had Vibrava, but it was a more obvious check, and would force out Rhydon. A lot of people stay in on Drampa, so you can get rid of it. I also wanted a check for shadow claw Dhelmise, which is why we have flamethrower. Defog removes Rhydon's rocks. Berserk is more useful than Drampa's other abilities, but isn't particularly noteworthy.

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Bullet Punch / Earthquake

Delphox @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Trick / Shadow Ball

Golbat @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Decidueye @ Ghostium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Leaf Storm
- Roost

This is just a simple ladder team, but its featuring a ton of hilarious sets, and I am bored, so lets RMT. Flame Orb Yama is the only set I respect, so its what I'm using. EVs are to creep Rhydon and then into defense because I hate taking 500 damage from any physical attack. Pairing with Phox because I sorta hate running Scarf Pass with a Fighting type breaker. U-Turn Fog bat is here to basically give Yama free switchins vs Rhydon and Steelix so you can begin just KOing stuff, while Rhydon is generically good, and provides a super solid check to Aerodactyl, which murders the team so far. Specs Lisk and Decid cover secondary speed control, and a very solid way to force Poison Types to die. Overall solid team, even if the CM Phox matchup is legitimately impossible to win. If you really care about that matchup run Shadow Ball Phox to make your opponents hate life.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey, so gen 7 is over in a week and LTPL means it's unlikely anyone's actually gonna post teams for a while. I figured I might as well dump some of my favorite teams that aren't illegal, so Let's Go!

Standard and reliable Vivillon VoltTurn offense. Double hazard control with offensive pressure is still great for keep hazards away even if neither of the removers are super reliable. The rest is pretty standard with Toxic on Incineroar for Comfey. Speed on Probopass is for base 50s. Also you can only win if you use a good Vivillon color.

This team is like multiple years old I think but it still works so w/e! Another VoltTurn based team with more immediate punch in its offensive core, and Comfey to clean up. Type: Null is still good btw. Speed on Rhydon is once again for base 50s, fr*ck those fast mega frail spreads.

Explosion spam is unironically one of my favorite teambuilding concepts, this is probably the team that I have the most fun using. Custap Golem's very underrated and I still stand by that SD Silvally is better than Defog. But really though, SD WaterVally does actually fit this team very well, being a fast boosting Water-type with decent bulk, and U-turn + Explosion have great synergy with Water. Mismagius is another cool mon that's important for being a spinblocker that can Taunt. Lastly Comfey is EVed to beat Decidueye, which actually comes in handy so you can CM + HP Fire against special sets / potentially kill it before it Defogs.

The SD Panda + Fight-Z Pass + BALK Incineroar is a core I'm pretty fond of. Fight-Z Pass is kind of hilarious in the way it can lure in Fighting weaks thinking you're locked into Knock Off, and from there two Dark-types can wreck house. The rest is just standard stuff, though priority Nature Power on Whimsicott is also a kind of funny filler move that I slapped on since the lack of Scarf Pass leaves me a bit vulnerable to speedy stuff.

ok that's it like comment sub

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor
With the end of the gen just around the corner I wanted to post some of my favourites teams throughout these past years.

One of my latest and a pretty solid team with some unique mons like clefairy and vaporeon. This team was built around CM+CP flyinium Z sigilyph, a set that proved to be really good and threatening to most teams. This is due to its great ability in Magic Guard and decent Speed tier. The team is pretty simple to use, just try to stall everything with vaporeon+clefairy and whittle the opposing pokemon down so Sigi or Passimian can win late game. While the team has 2 magic guard users and a levitate user, it might struggle with spike stacking so thats the only downside of this team.

This is a pretty fun team composed by combusken aka KFC aka El Pollo. It started as a joke team and turned out to be pretty good. Its a standard HO team with Offensive Druddigon as a rocker not an Eternally set btw and weezing as a tspiker. Tspikes are fundamental for combusken to put in work, since the set I chose to use really relies on whittling the opposing pokemon down with the poison. The poisoning and sub+protect+leftovers lets combusken beat most of it checks, such as vaporeon and slowking while also beating pretty much everything else thanks to speed boost. Dhelmise was the designated spinner and spin blocker due to its typing. Dhelmise also checks the anoying water types that combusken might struggle to break thanks to its lum berry. Toge provides speed control and Aero is a fun trapper and breaker.

I wanted to build a team around Mega Abomasnow since it was a really underlooked threat in NU. The team ended being a semistall team i think but still pretty fun to use. Sub+Tect aboma was something that could really punish most fat builds that depended on passimian to revenge kill everything so i decided to use that set. Vaporeon provides the fire resist necesary to not lose to incineroar, the ev spread is meant to outspeed max speed jolly incineroar, making it a better check to SD sets. Rhydon is another fire resist that provides rocks, Passimian provides speed control, Magmortar is the way I dont lose to comfey while also providing a great wallbreaker and finally Rotom provides a solid fighting resist that can also defog making the team not lose to Tspikes.

This team is similar to the combusken team, with the uniqueness of having Bellossom, pokemon that tossed our esteemed roomowner Rabia . Bellossom is a fun pokemon to use due to the combination of QD and Strenght Sap, this paired with Toxic Spikes and Protect makes it a really anoying mon to deal with. Thats why i decided to pair it up with Weezing, Sp Def Drudd provides a great Fire Resist to pokemon like Delphox and Magmortar that can also set up rocks. Blastoise provides spin support while also checking Incineroar and bulky ground types. Togedemaru gives the team a form of speed control while Absol is a strong pursuit trapper that can deal with Dhelmise while also being a decent breaker.

I needed to post a team with my favourite pokemon of this gen in NU, this being scrafty. Bulk Up scrafty is probably one of the most underrated set up sweepers this tier has, the combination of its great bulk, knock and shed skin makes this pokemon such a big problem to deal with. With the
appropriate support, this pokemon can be a massive threat to all teams. Weezing provides a great fighting and fairy resist while also giving tspikes and a perfect way to whittle down Passimian. Blastoise provides hazard removal and a check to Incineroar, Steelix is the rocker of the team and another soft fairy check, Passimian provides speed control and Sceptile is a nice fast special attacker that is really slept on.

The best team in the history of gen 7 nu which consists of Boomburst, Boomburst and Boomburst.

All in all, this was a great and fun gen to play around even tho Eternally sucks and Rabia is trash. I had a great time in this gen and in the community in general, and I hope gen 8 is just as fun as this previous one(tho I really doubt it). Shoutouts to all the NU room and everyone else who thinks that he should be shoutouted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)