[NU] Crash and Burn

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Hello and welcome to my RMT. Basically this team was born at the very start of XY NU. When I saw that both Magmortar and Typhlosion were in the tier, I hyped up fire spam quite a lot and claimed that "nothing could counter it". While this is far from the case, it's still pretty difficult to stop a fire spam team because of the huge power and few counters, most of which can be easily worn down.

So one day I was bored and scribbled down ideas for a fire spam team, and Crash and Burn was born. This team doesn't have many achievements to its name (I have been rather lazy with laddering lately) but I hang out in the PS NU room a lot and gave this team to quite a lot of people, and most of the people there know this as my signature team, so might as well RMT it now. Also, I'm slowly moving towards #1 and I'll let you know when I get there.

Name is Crash and Burn because Fire-types. Also is a good song from an underrated band imo, go check them out.

Teambuilding process

So I wanted to try out Fire spam, and I was interested in the EQ Magmortar + Typhlosion core I posted in the thread, so I thought "why not just add 3 Fire-types to make it even better?" and threw on SubEndeavor Pyroar, a set inspired from SubEndeavor Simipour's excellent performance in BW, to help in Typhlosion's sweep. Also, female Pyroar because it looks cooler imo.

What's the best way to support 3 Fire-types? A way to get rid of Stealth Rock, of course. I never liked Rapid Spin or Defog which make me lose momentum, and then I realized Xatu could help prevent those dreaded rocks, could switch into a lot of Ground-types, and was itching to try out Life Orb Xatu, a set I saw in BW UU, so I threw it on.

Seismitoad was a natural fit for covering up several weaknesses, including to those of Electric-types, and checking several important Pokemon, such as Archeops and Rhydon. I ran Swift Swim at first in order to beat Rain teams at first, but later on changed it during playtesting when I found out how weak to Feraligatr this made me.

After adding Seismitoad I realized that it was a little impossible to cover so many threats with 3 Fire-types, and I didn't believe in making a hyper offensive team with no way to cover everything. I got rid of Magmortar because it was slower (rip). Doublade and Virizion were added around the same time. Doublade was because I could switch into the dreaded Normal-types and Virizion. Virizion was added to help me cover up Sand teams and Shell Smashers, all of which are a huge danger to every team.

Without further ado, I present to you: Crash and Burn.

Pyroar (F) @ Chople Berry

Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Endeavor

(i cba'd to find female Pyroar gif so who cares)

Pyroar's strengths: Pyroar has an insanely fast base 106 Speed and hits just as hard as Charizard did in BW. This amazing Speed tier is key to Pyroar's success, because it outspeeds a large majority of the tier and bursts through them. Normal secondary typing wasn't something people jumped at when Pyroar was unveiled, but it has turned out to be a huge blessing, as STAB Hyper Voice is quite threatening as well. In addition, Normal typing helps it counter Mismagius and check Doublade and Spiritomb

Set explaination: Fire Blast and Hyper Voice are mandatory STAB moves, both are extremely important. Hyper Voice helps cover stuff like Magmortar (which I have little other insurance for) and Qwilfish, and Fire Blast is just Fire Blast, hits hard, covers threats. Substitute is a really good move on Pyroar. Its high Speed means it's an extremely safe move to use against something that Pyroar forces out, shielding it from opponents, easing prediction, and lowering HP for Endeavor. Endeavor helps to weaken walls and other slower opponents (read: most opponents) and is basically a free kill given that Spiritomb is the only ghost that can potentially beat Pyroar. (and the irrelevant Frillish and Lampent)

EVs let Pyroar make 4 subs until 1 HP. Item slot is actually very versatile. I use Chople on the ladder to allow me to switch into Mismagius and Doublade's fighting coverage without fear, taking around 45% from Missy HP Fighting and Sacred Sword from Doublade, as well as setting up subs on Gurdurr (Chople lets me take 30% max from Mach Punch) in case I want Virizion to be my late-game sweeper instead. It's easily tweakable though to fit in stuff like gems, pinch berries, other resist berries, Charcoal, etc etc.

Pyroar's role: Apart from being an occasional sweeper, Pyroar's main purpose is to weaken walls and bulky opponents and soften them up for the rest of the team, particularly Typhlosion, with Endeavor. This is one reason why Fire spam is so potent; teams have to pack more than one bulky fire resist if they want to avoid being broken down by Pyroar + Typhlosion. Also, bulky setup sweepers that go out of control (see: Bulk Up Hariyama, CM + Psycho Shift Sigilyph) can be stopped by Pyroar easily.

Typhlosion @ Choice Specs

Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Flamethrower

Typhlosion's strengths: Specs Eruption with base 100 Speed. HP Grass is irrelevant because ideally, all Typhlosion needs to do is spam Eruption / Fire Blast and destroy everything, but whatever, it's alright for late-game cleaning if Water-types are still around. It's so powerful that it 2HKOes Lickilicky and Pelipper! Unfortunately things like Dragalge and Lanturn are new threats that wall it, but that's what Pyroar is for.

Set explaination: Choice Specs for maximum power. Scarf might be an option for better late-game sweeping, but I prefer Specs so I don't have to weaken the opponent too much. Typh is fast enough anyway. Also, it's interesting to note that Eruption has a higher base power than Fire Blast even after 1 switch into Stealth Rock, so keep that in mind if you want to avoid missing. I run 3 Fire-type moves because I like the liberty of continuing to wallbreak with Fire Blast as well as not missing during a late game sweep with Flamethrower if Typh's health is low enough, and well, I never used Focus Blast much anyway.

Typhlosion's role: Sweep late-game. I try not to send it out too much especially if Stealth Rock are up, because Eruption is a much better move to spam than Fire Blast. Usually by this time all of my team members would have worn down the opponents to the point where Typhlosion can just click Eruption and watch things burn. Typh is also a wallbreaker in a pinch, for example, it can OHKO +1 Sigilyph at full health with Eruption if it's not running HP EVs. It's powerful enough that I can rely on it getting about 1-2 kills a game.

Xatu @ Life Orb

Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 152 HP / 180 SAtk / 176 Spd
Modest Nature
- Grass Knot
- Heat Wave
- Psyshock
- Roost

Xatu's strengths: Basically, Xatu ensures that entry hazards do not go up on my side of the field. The EVs and moves are tailored to beat almost all relevant entry hazard users while bouncing them back when switching in. Xatu usually means that opponents are a lot more careful with their Stealth Rock user, so, even if Xatu doesn't do anything in a match (note: this doesn't happen), its presence may have helped the team prevent entry hazards in the first place! Also, Xatu makes Vivillon and Lilligant a lot more careful with Sleep Powder, which can be played to your advantage by simply attacking them outright and switching to Xatu at the right moment.

Set explaination: Grass Knot OHKOes the following Stealth Rock users: Rhydon, Seismitoad, Golurk, Golem, and Carracosta. It also 2HKOes Sandslash. Heat Wave 2HKOes Steelix (OHKO on offensive variants) and Doublade, both of which love to switch into defensive Xatu, and none of them can OHKO back. Both of them can also be OHKOed with a bit of prior damage. Psyshock OHKOes Qwilfish and 2HKOes Roselia, and is chosen over Psychic because it also OHKOes Virizion, Assault Vest Muk, Assault Vest Hariyama, and most variants of Dragalge. It also 2HKOes Camerupt. Finally, Roost keeps Xatu healthy enough to repeatedly switch in to bounce back SR users. The cool thing is that even though Xatu can't switch into Rhydon's Rock Blast, a lot of mindgames can be played with Rhydon.

152 HP is a Stealth Rock and Life Orb number, reducing residual damage. 180 SAtk guarantees the OHKO on Golurk, while 176 Speed allows Xatu to outrun Adamant Sawk.

Calcs:
Heat Wave:

180+ SpA Life Orb Xatu Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Steelix: 320-377 (90.39 - 106.49%) -- 56.25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Steelix Gyro Ball (116 BP) vs. 152 HP / 0 Def Xatu: 147-174 (47.57 - 56.31%) -- 27.34% chance to 2HKO

180+ SpA Life Orb Xatu Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 278-328 (86.33 - 101.86%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Psyshock:

180+ SpA Life Orb Xatu Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Eviolite Roselia: 351-413 (115.84 - 136.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Roselia Sludge Bomb vs. 152 HP / 0 SpD Xatu: 130-154 (42.07 - 49.83%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

180+ SpA Life Orb Xatu Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Qwilfish: 250-296 (74.85 - 88.62%)
0 Atk Qwilfish Waterfall vs. 152 HP / 0 Def Xatu: 111-132 (35.92 - 42.71%) -- 95% chance to 3HKO

Grass Knot:

180+ SpA Life Orb Xatu Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Golurk: 341-403 (100.58 - 118.87%) -- guaranteed OHKO
180+ SpA Life Orb Xatu Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 200 HP / 56 SpD Seismitoad: 447-530 (111.47 - 132.16%) -- guaranteed OHKO

180+ SpA Life Orb Xatu Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 88 HP / 84 SpD Eviolite Rhydon: 504-598 (135.12 - 160.32%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Xatu's role: With 2 Fire-types being at the heart of the team, Xatu's role is super important especially when Typhlosion can hardly afford to lose HP. Xatu is also the team's best way to absorb Ground-type hits. Also, Xatu is a great stallbreaker, simply because it cannot be hit with status, so stall teams either play very carefully around Xatu or outright lose to it.

Because preventing Stealth Rock is crucial on this team, I usually play aggressively with Xatu around Stealth Rock users, unless they are able to KO it. In these cases it is slightly harder to play Xatu but it's still possible for opponents to not set up Stealth Rock for fear of Xatu switching in. If the opponent is using a Stealth Rock mon weak to Xatu, simply switch directly into it unless it could cost you a whole bunch of momentum doing so. It's important to ensure that Xatu stays alive until the Stealth Rock user is dead (or at low enough HP that it can't safely set up rocks). Conversely, unless Xatu's typing is needed to check other threats, it's alright to sac it after the opposing hazard users are dead, because Xatu's main goal in life is preventing entry hazards.

If you really don't have a choice but to let the rocks go up eg. in situations where you need to set up rocks alongside the opponent, it's fine as long as the team isn't disadvantaged later in the game.

Doublade @ Eviolite

Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

(no epic gif sry)

Doublade's Strengths: Doublade is hands down the best Pokemon in XY NU because it checks/counters so many threats. It defeats SD Virizion, Doublade lacking Crunch, birds, Grass-types lacking HP Fire, Jynx, Primeape, most Archeops, Normal-types including Zangoose, and checks a whole bunch of other threats. It's an amazing pivot for this reason, switching in to sponge a hit from these threats and switching back out to a teammate for free as the opponent usually switches out. Fantastic bulk and power means Doublade very often tanks a hit and retaliates.
252 SpA Jynx Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 79-93 (24.5 - 28.8%) -- 99.8% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sceptile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 101-120 (31.3 - 37.2%) -- 76.7% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Primeape Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 134-158 (41.6 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252+ SpA Lilligant Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 224-264 (69.5 - 81.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Kangaskhan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 90-108 (27.9 - 33.5%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 138-164 (42.8 - 50.9%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Doublade Gyro Ball (104 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kangaskhan: 201-237 (57.2 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO [Adamant Kangaskhan]
252+ Atk Doublade Gyro Ball (118 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Primeape: 285-336 (104.7 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO [Jolly Choice Band Primeape]
252+ Atk Doublade Gyro Ball (138 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 313-369 (110.9 - 130.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO [Timid Sceptile]
252+ Atk Doublade Gyro Ball (104 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lilligant: 211-249 (75 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery [Timid +0 Lilligant]
252+ Atk Doublade Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lilligant: 82-97 (29.1 - 34.5%) -- 99.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Doublade Gyro Ball (129 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Virizion: 270-318 (83.3 - 98.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery [Jolly Virizion]

Set Explanation: Shadow Claw is Doublade's best move against slower opponents. I don't run Sacred Sword because I feel like Shadow Claw is too good to pass up, being able to defeat Psychic-types including Xatu and Uxie. In addition, Shadow Claw can hit neutral targets on the switch a lot harder than Sacred Sword. Gyro Ball is a move that many top players frown upon, but it's quite mandatory for the set I'm using. Using Shadow Claw leaves me with no move to KO Zangoose and Kangaskhan, so Gyro Ball is necessary to OHKO Zangoose, 2HKO Kangaskhan, and OHKO Sawk with it + Shadow Sneak. In my tests with Iron Head, I never really used it and often missed the power of Gyro Ball in the fast tier that NU is right now. Swords Dance is Swords Dance, allowing Doublade to set up on the likes of Virizion and Durant for a late-game sweep. Finally Shadow Sneak gives Doublade the ability to defeat fast and frail threats without having to take a hit first.

Doublade's role: Doublade is the team's best answer to all the threats mentioned in the above paragraph on its strengths. It's pretty important to preserve Doublade should the opponent have one or more of those threats and be sure not to let Doublade pivot and take too much damage before facing up to those threats, because, being a rather offensive team, there aren't many things that like to switch into those powerful threats mentioned above. Doublade being the only priority user on the team is also able to finish off weakened fast opponents, especially things like Vivillon or Shell Smash users.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers

Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Seismitoad's Strengths: Seismitoad's typing, bulk, movepool, and ability make it a fantastic support Pokemon. Electric and Water immunity means it checks several dangerous Pokemon including Rotom-S, Feraligatr, Samurott, and Lanturn. Seismitoad's good bulk and typing means that it can also be used as a good pivot to switch into various dangerous opponents and forcing them out. In addition to its bulk, Seismitoad also hits hard enough that frail opponents usually think twice about setting up on it.

Set Explanation: Stealth Rock is a mandatory hazard on every team, wearing down a bunch of threats allowing my teammates to sweep easier. Scald is Scald; if it doesn't burn, it crits. Earth Power allows Seismitoad to wear down Lanturn and Dragalge, and does more damage than Scald to Pokemon such as Samurott. Knock Off is Knock Off, removing an opponent's item and ensuring Seismitoad can hit Xatu hard on the switch. It's nice that Seismitoad can fit 3 of the most annoying moves in Pokemon in the same moveset and function amazingly.

Seismitoad's role: Seismitoad forms a good defensive partnership with Doublade, being able to take a few Fire-type moves while Doublade deals with the Grass-types that threaten it. In addition, Seismitoad can beat Archeops (and other Rock-types) which can otherwise threaten the team, as well as check several powerful physical Water-types that roam the tier. Having a good switch into Lanturn is quite important because it is a Pokemon that can force out both my Fire-types. I usually play Seis as a pivot as well and it does its job quite remarkably.

Virizion @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stone Edge

Virizion's Strengths: Virizion has excellent typing and Speed, outspeeding threats including Pyroar and Typhlosion. Its typing lets it take on Sandslash in sand lacking Aerial Ace, Water-type Pokemon, and Shiftry. Resistance to Sucker Punch and Justified as well as Aqua Jet let it kill a lot of Pokemon with its high Speed. However it's really piss weak

Set Explanation: Choice Scarf Virizion might seem really weird and weak and stupid, and to be honest it really is weird and weak and stupid on its own. However, it works quite well for the team. I needed a Pokemon that could take on Water-types after a Shell Smash as well as preferably a Pokemon that could take on opponents such as Rhydon, and something to defeat Ground-types. Virizion was the best choice for resisting EdgeQuake, as well as being the only Pokemon to beat sand abusers and Carracosta at the same time. Leaf Blade and Close Combat are mandatory, while Stone Edge is rarely used but helps beat obvious Sigilyph and Xatu switchins if they're weakened, as well as revenge killing +1 Vivillon. HP Fire allows Virizion to defeat Durant, although situational. The last two slots are mostly filler anyway, there aren't many situations where Stone Edge or HP Fire are handy.

Virizion's role: Virizion helps the team a whole bunch. Without it, I simply would have nothing for sand, Modest Ludicolo, Shiftry, and things like Omastar and Carracosta. It also beats Durant with Crunch after Doublade has weakened it. Late game, I often use Virizion as a cleaner should the circumstances be right because nobody is crazy enough to run a faster Scarfer. Scarf Virizion might suck but it's a great glue for the team, patching up several weaknesses and allowing my Fire spam to work.

Threatlist:
Weather teams: gg. I don't have much for rain except Virizion beating Modest Ludi but rain teams walk all over me otherwise. Sun is even worse because Virizion can't beat them.

Vivillon: Well played Vivillons can potentially boost to +2 and outspeed everything

Spiritomb: I usually try to bounce a burn with Xatu and wear it down with Toad + Virizion or nuke it with Typh but it's easier said than done. Rest sets are probably the most annoying since I can't wear them down.

Physical spam: My over-reliance on Doublade to check so many things means that once it gets worn down, I often get swept. Things like Zangoose + Crunch Durant can seriously weaken Doublade and plough through later.

Some other stuff I'm forgetting, but I'll put here soon.

Shoutouts
Everyone :) thank you for taking time to read this / made my competitive Pokemon life way better

Conclusion

That's Crash and Burn for you! It might not be solid defensively but it definitely can pack a punch offensively. Thank you for reading my team, and if you dear rater can fix some of my problems listed in the threatlist (especially the red one ._. ) it would be appreciated =)

CRASH (Pyroar) (F) @ Chople Berry
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Endeavor

BURN (Typhlosion) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Brawlfest sucks

BOUNCE (Xatu) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 152 HP / 180 SAtk / 176 Spd
Modest Nature
- Grass Knot
- Heat Wave
- Psyshock
- Roost

SLASH (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Gyro Ball
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

croak (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

VIRIZION (Virizion) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Stone Edge

Last edited:
Very cool team, I only have minor suggestions. Most important is to get rid of Quick Attack on Virizion for HP Fire. Quick Attack is doing no damage to anything, and HP Fire OHKOs any Durant even with your Jolly nature, and it outspeeds and smacks your whole team really hard, except for Virizion ofc, but your current set doesn't do much to deter it. Its setup bait ofc, but at least it helps vs a massive threat.

More later gotta run :P

Edit: with further hindsight it seems nigh impossible to deal with everything on your threatlist without radically changing how the team works. One thing I noticed is that Typhlosion and Pyroar overlap (yes obviously lol) but both do the job of wallbreaking, Typhlosion with brute strength and Pyroar with its more... technical set. I was discussing with ium for a long time about how to fix this team, but it's too weak to a lot of common strategies tbh, nearly all of which you've already noticed yourself. Infestation Shuckle + Pursuit Tomb really also bring this team to its knees... one we thought you could try was Fletchling over Pyroar, to revenge kill stuff like Vivillon, Ludicolo, Chlorophyll sweepers etc. Xatu and Typhlosion wallbreak for Fletchling. This frees up Virizions slot, as you can fall back on Doublade and Seismitoad to deal with threatening Sand sweepers (Toxic on Seismitoad is also an option to wear down Spiritomb, and Typhlosion also really does a number on it, while Fletchling can also burn it etc). Virizions slot can then be filled with something that can handle your remaining weaknesses, such as Ditto (also helps vs Sticky Web if you can nullify theirs by transforming into Shuckle, can revenge any SwSwer except for Ludi, but Fletchling covers that, gives extra insurance against Vivillon...). I know its a drastic change, but you could try it out and see what it feela like!

Last edited:
i think toxic is more important on seismitoad in the long run because there's a ton of annoying bulky pokemon like virizion and spiritomb that will not appreciate status while knock off isn't an end-all thing for them

also Cherub Agent and i agree that pyroar and typhlosion overlap in some regards because both of them are trying to break down walls but don't have much else distinct from each other that would lend to your team, so you may as well make one of them a choice scarf user (pyroar?) and run something else over virizion like fletchinder or swords dance shiftry with chlorophyll perhaps if you think sun is that bad. or instead of all that, you can try ditto over virizion since it's a catch-all check to a lot of the problem pokemon you claim to have issues about, but it's a weaker answer to ludicolo and you lose various resistances. basically i'm just trying to fit anything that has the potential to beat a wide scope of fast threats (mostly strong priority unfortunately), and honestly some of these changes could fit over pyroar but it goes against your idea of the team. you can just play around with different options though

(i beat connor to his lame edit :-))

Last edited:
Is it eruption that 2HKO pelipper and licky ? or hp grass ? Blame my shitty english and my little brains if you like. oh yeah of course this is not a rate. but this destroys my team :-\ Hope we dont battle.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thanks ium and Cherub, I'll definitely switch to Toxic and HP Fire on Toad and Virizion! I'll take a look at Fletchinder over something and maybe Ditto as well, they certainly look promising.

Is it eruption that 2HKO pelipper and licky ? or hp grass ? Blame my shitty english and my little brains if you like. oh yeah of course this is not a rate. but this destroys my team :-\ Hope we dont battle.
Eruption 2HKOs Lickilicky and Pelipper after SR

I refuse to rate this.
scorpdestroyer[/USER] ]
Cool team brah! I know you have been constantly hyping Fire Spam, and you've really reached its epitome with this team. It is honestly near perfect, and tears apart most of the metagame easily. However, I do feel there are some flaws. Offensively, Seismitoad doesn't match up to par with the rest of your team, and I feel your choice of team build has issues. Your team is however built PERFECTLY, and all I want to do is to switch around the sets a bit.

I reccomend change Pyroar to Scarf Pyroar, who acts as a much better cleaner, and stacks much better for a fire spam core with Typhlosion than Sub Pyroar does, as it is worn down easily. Instead, by using Scarf Pyroar (a more powerful and reliable revenge killer than Virizion), you clean up games and tear apart teams far easier than your normally would. Pyroar has better coverage and STABs, is stronger and faster, and is simply a far better scarfer.

Next I would change Virizion to Special Attacker Virizion. Its access to a LO Boosted Giga Drain makes it stay around for the majority of the match to check EdgeQuake, a MAJOR deal for your team. Scarf Virizion especially with QUick Attack sucks, as you can't even revenge many of the tiers top threats who resist all of your attacks. Instead, Special Attacker offers versatility, and opens holes for Pyroar + Phlosion to beast.

On typhlosion, I reccomend using Focus Blast over either FIre Blast or Eruption. It offers great coverage for stuff like Probopass or Lickilicky, and simply gives you a great coverage move.
Finally, I reccomend using Offensive Stealth Rocks Seismitoad. It breaks down tons of early game leads and still acts as an amazing bulky pivot, but helps to prevent setup and can break down tons of shit while acting as a good offensive glue.

Hope I helped bb <3
_______

Pyroar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Hyper Voice

Virizion @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock] / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute / Calm Mind

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 32 Spd / 252 SAtk / 224 HP
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Toxic / Grass Knot / Sludge Bomb
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:
I would recommend using Toxic on Seismitoad over Knock Off or potentially Knock Off over EQ. You're lacking in status moves. I get that Knock Off helps with Doublade, but I don't see how that will be a problem for you if Pyroar is still around.

This isn't relevant to your team but how do you do the Show Hide thing? I couldn't find it anywhere else no matter how hard I looked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)