NU (NU) Silvally-Ghost

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Silvally-Ghost @ Ghost Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- X-Scissor
- Substitute

Silvally-Ghost's powerful Multi-Attack, in conjunction with Swords Dance, allows it to be a fearsome setup sweeper in NU. Substitute helps Silvally-Ghost take advantage of Miltank and other foes like Weezing and Garbodor while also letting it avoid status. X-Scissor is necessary coverage for Ghost-resistant and -immune foes like Alolan Persian and Miltank. Silvally-Ghost appreciates Spikes support from Ferroseed and Garbodor to weaken walls like Mudsdale and Wishiwashi; in return, Silvally-Ghost can spinblock. Try to pair Silvally-Ghost with wallbreakers such as Escavalier and Gallade that can weaken the aforementioned walls and enable it to clean late-game. Entry hazard removal from the likes of Alolan Sandslash and Rotom-S is also beneficial, preventing Silvally-Ghost from being worn down and being easily revenge killed.

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
im not NU QC but i have used this set a ton lately so i'll share some feedback on this briefly, just my own opinion ofc and you don't need to make any of these changes

Substitute seeks to bolster Silvally-Ghost's offensive capabilities, helping it accumulate Swords Dance against passive foes like Clefairy and Garbodor while letting it avoid status.
Miltank's definitely the #1 most important Pokemon to mention here; its Ghost resistance means that people will typically switch it into Silvally-Ghost, but it cannot touch Silv-Ghost behind a sub. I'd definitely mention Weezing, too, it's really common now. Maybe weezing over garbodor; 2x Rocky Helmet chip + Aftermath + the health from making a Sub means that you can lose to Garbodor in practice, even though you can Sub up on it.

Wallbreakers such as Choice Specs Ribombee and Gallade are also valuable partners, weakening the aforementioned walls and enabling Silvally-Ghost to clean late-game.
I would remove the Ribombee mention and, instead, mention only physical wallbreakers. That's because they are able to force damage on Mudsdale and other physical walls, making it easier for silv-ghost to sweep; Ribombee just draws damage on Escav/other steels so it isnt super relevant. If you were to do a special one, I'd do NP Shuca Skuntank, since it's great at luring Mudsdale; however, that's a bit too specific for this (and not a very good mon). anything that makes mudsdale take chip is good.

if you have room you could mention hazard removal / a tspikes absorber, it's pretty important to make sure silv-ghost isnt in easy revenge-killing range after the sub is broken

finally a writing tip: i think this spotlight uses a lot of fancy words/clauses that have imprecise meanings, and i would recommend favoring precision of your language over fanciness. this is so subjective that theres no right thing to do, but thats a change ive found helpful for my writing that i'd recommend u at least try!
some examples:
Substitute seeks to bolster Silvally-Ghost's offensive capabilities, helping it accumulate Swords Dance against passive foes like Clefairy and Garbodor while letting it avoid status.
"seeks to bolster silv-ghost's offensive capabilities" is fluff, this gives us no other info that u dont say later in the sentence. you could eliminate that clause entirely and have the same meaning expressed in a more clear way

X-Scissor is necessary coverage to bypass Ghost-resistant and -immune foes like Alolan Persian and Miltank.
"bypass"? it gives silv-ghost a way to hit them neutrally/super effectively, i'd just say that. 'bypass' would be part of a clause like 'bypass the Ghost resistance of ...' but then that's redundant with "ghost-resistant targets".

i hope some/any of this was helpful!

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Rabia should be ready for a second look. Expulso I think bypass was fine to use in that case since it was being implied that you needed to have X-scissor to overcome/bypass those foes. I changed it to something more standard tho.

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
"setup sweeper," not "set-up sweeper." "set-up" is used when a Pokemon has already used a setup move, i.e. "a set-up Silvally-Ghost is hard to stop due to its strength."

The sentence about Substitute should put more emphasis on making Silvally-Ghost literally impervious to Miltank in addition to helping it against other foes like Weezing and Garbodor. I don't think Clefairy is overly relevant here because it doesn't beat you anyway.

Alolan Persian can be removed from the list of Pokemon that Spikes weakens; it generally runs Heavy-Duty Boots.

Rotom-S > Whimsicott in your Defoggers list. Defog Whimsicott isn't too relevant as of now, whereas Rotom-S has been getting more usage lately thanks to it checking Escavalier, so I'd like to remind people reading to use it.

QC 1/1 when done.

Last edited:

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
add remove comments
Silvally-Ghost @ Ghost Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- X-Scissor
- Substitute

Silvally-Ghost's powerful Multi-Attack, in conjunction with Swords Dance, allows it to be a fearsome setup sweeper in NU. Substitute helps Silvally-Ghost accumulate Swords Dance against the prevelant take advantage of Miltank (RC) while also helping against and other foes like Weezing and Garbodor and while also letting it avoid status. X-Scissor is necessary coverage to devastate for (it doesn't really do much damage to Alolan Persian on the switch, and I've seen Miltank take ~25% from +2 X-Scissor) Ghost-resistant and -immune foes like Alolan Persian and Miltank. Silvally-Ghost appreciates Spikes support from Ferroseed and Garbodor that weakens bulky to weaken walls like Mudsdale and Cofagrigus Wishiwashi; in return, Silvally-Ghost can provide spin blocking support for the Spikes setters spinblock. Try to pair Silvally-Ghost with wallbreakers such as Escavalier and Gallade that can weaken the aforementioned walls and enable Silvally-Ghost it to clean late-game. Entry hazard removal from the likes of Alolan Sandslash and Rotom-S is also beneficial, preventing Silvally-Ghost from being worn down and being easily revenge killed(RH).

GP 1/1 when done

• Love
Reactions: DC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)