NU Smogcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I'm just making this thread to announce that the NU council is going to be hosting a Smogcast later this week on the Smogon Twitch Channel on Friday July 17th (at approximately 2 or 3 PM EST, an official time will be finalized later), to talk about the new metagame, the past suspect test results, and possible trends leading to future metagames.

For those of you that don't know what a Smogcast is, the good guys in the doubles community did one a few weeks ago that you can find here and LC did one a while back that you can find here. Its basically a bunch of nerds who know a lot about pokemon talking about pokemon (also facecam may be happening so you'll be able to see what we look like!).

The purpose of this thread is to generate some hype, as well as generate some discussion topics. If there's anything you want us to talk about in the cast that is related to the NU metagame, just make a post in this thread and we'll try and fit it in somewhere in the cast. We hope to see you guys there!

Last edited:
- scarf barbaracle - s rank or god rank?
- how to prepare for cm psychics now that sneazy is gone
- elaborate why the ladder is so dead om the higher end

Late but
Are battling skills more important or is a solid team what makes or breaks you?

How different would things be without the knock off buff? Assuming a lot of shit wouldn't of rose as high as it did

what do you feel about the "staleness" of the tier since ppl like to use the same stuff over and over?
do you feel like there should be a better balance between offensive and defensive (basically stall/semi-stall etc.) teams or that the current meta is fine?
opinions on RU

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
blast needs a better mic, and to hit puberty
hollywood needs to join a gym and fix his lighting issues (ffs u niggas call me 400lbs)
evan needs to invite his sister to the next cast so i can woo her with my pokeknowledge
i need to be less sunburnt and say less stupid things, i swear im retarded sometimes

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Can-eh-dian did a good job as host and should def host the next one. Some ways to improve for next time would be: more discussion on staryu, more sassy comments from kiyo, and more cased victory.

I dont have anything to add rn.. but i just want to say Nice Job guys.. Wish u would of talked about new meta a tad more.. but well done.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)