Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball

I'd like the team to be some kind of bulky offense. Vikavolt can hit really hard, reaching 427 Special Attack, being a decent wallbreaker so i'd like to see how it performs in a team built specifically to make it work. I feel like not many mons like to switch in Vikavolt's Bug Buzz or Thunderbolt, even resisting those moves. I imagine Vikavolt would benefit a lot from slow U-turn/Volt Switch to have free turns to start breaking the opposing team and easing the job for the team's late game cleaner.

Firstly I want to say that I will take over the Teambuilding Lab over from AJB because of his inactivity, thanks what you did for the Teambuilding Lab! Secondly what I want to announce is that I am adding meepsvictory and Laurens to the lab. Both of these users have interest, have shown experience in building teams and plays SM NU on a high level. With that said, Realistic Waters and Ares decided to leave the teambuilding lab, thanks for the things you have done! AJB might have said no new teambuilders in a while but with some of the teambuilders being inactive I decided to pick two new ones.

Edit: Finchinator also joined Teambuilding Lab

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I hope you are all well. Firstly I'm no scrub - I'm currently number 1 on the ladder with the alt "SWITCHINSTOEMBOAR?", I'm a very capable player but I suck at teambuilding, so I'd appreciate if a builder could help :)
I'd like to request a Trick Room team centred around the terrifying wallbreakers of Band Emboar and Choice Specs/Buginium Z Vikavolt. Respectively, these are the most difficult physical and special wallbreakers to switch into in the tier in my opinion and they are both highly effective without Trick Room, so they'll be even more powerful with TR consistently allowing them to outspeed the opposition.
Trick Room allows both of these Pokemon to take advantage of their natural bulk by running 248 HP which they wouldn't otherwise be able to, and as a result Emboar is able to fire off more Flare Blitzes/Wild Charges before it dies from recoil damage.
Emboar has next to no switchins if you predict correctly and the Pokemon that are able to take particular moves ie. Rhydon, Seismitoad, Slowbro, Uxie, Quagsire, Xatu etc. are all completely bodied by Vikavolt.

I peaked 1 in OU earlier in the generation with a Trick Room team, which dispels the myth that it's just a gimmick and that team also featured Vikavolt, which indicates how devastating it could be under Trick Room in a tier of frailer Pokemon and one without Landorus T, Gliscor or Garchomp which necessitated running HP Ice.
Some of the banes of Trick Room teams such as Taunt users, Regen cores, sleep inducers etc. are very uncommon/absent in the meta and other metagame trends such as hyper offense becoming more prevalent and Sticky Web seeing more usage, bode well for a TR team.
Thank you in advance, Peace ~ WhimsicottIsBroken

If anyone has the temerity to refuse this request because they believe TR to be a gimmick I will be furious (I put a lot of time and thought into this post). That's a baseless misconception because Sticky Web is considered viable and effective, which can also be prevented by Taunt and removed by Rapid Spin or deflected by Xatu unlike Trick Room.
Teams with Tailwind, Weather abusers, Choice Scarf users or Sticky Web can still be outsped if the opponent is also using any of these methods of speed control, whereas Trick Room has the advantage of being unaffected by any of them.

Switchins? (Vikavolt) (F) @ Choice Specs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Bug Buzz

Garbodor (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb

Emboar (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sucker Punch

Audino (F) @ Leftovers/ Chople Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish
- Wish
- Knock Off

Slowking (F) @ Waterium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room
- Surf
- Psyshock

Steelix (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Atk / 128 SpD
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Roar

This is my first attempt, with which I'm currently 8-1 on the ladder. Vikavolt, Emboar, Slowking and Audino are selections I'm confident with, although I'd appreciate some advice to optimise Audino's EV spread.
This left me with the following priorities for the final two slots - a Toxic Spikes absorber, a Dodrio/Braviary/Vivillion counter, a solid switchin to Vikavolt ideally with a Volt Switch immunity, a Sceptile check, a check to powerful fighting types such as Machamp, Hitmonlee and Emboar and Pokemon that can set hazards which is imperative to break Sturdy and Focus Sashes.

Currently I've opted for Steelix and Garbodor but as previously stated I'm not a skilful teambuilder so I would appreciate advice from one of the builders.
I debated including a Grass type in the final two slots to complete the FWG core and as a Sleep immunity but I determined that Lilligant isnt a threat to the current members and the other two common sleep inducers - Vivillion and Vileplume would body a Grass type anyway.
I have a feeling Xatu would be the preferred Pokemon in Garbodor's slot, as this would provide me hazard control without running a shitmon like Claydol and a third Trick Room user which is the number I tend to run on dedicated TR teams. The difficulty I'm having is determining an optimal EV spread, because I'm not a good enough teambuilder to know which speed stat to reach, based on what you want to outspeed both in and out of Trick Room.Team is horribly weak to Rhydon, which might necessitate running Claydol though.
Some help with this would be appreciated or recommendations for alternative members with a full importable if possible :)

Last edited:
Hello, I would like to ask a team around Emboar Scarf, Pokémon very used in the Tier after Meloetta to be banished.

Here is the set

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Brick Break

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Spa / 252 Spe
Naive/Hasty Nature
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Earth Power
- Roost/Taunt

I would love if someone would build a hazard stack BO team around archeops.
Roost and Taunt both depend on the build they're on,so i don't really mind which gets used. c:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Regice @ Life Orb / Fightinium Z
Ability: Clear Body
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Rock Polish
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

I've not used Regice and it's not got an analysis, so I'm just assuming that this is the set that it's ranked for. If it's not then I want a team with that set 'cause it's Regice and is really niche anyway. I can't work out the way that you'd go about building with it, Ice is really good in this metagame and it has a few nice characteristics going for it over its competion thanks to its absurd special bulk and solid coverage range that allows it to smash through traditional Ice-type stops like Miltank, Togedemaru, Incineroar etc. I want an offensive team that helps weaken its checks/targets of its attacks into range of its attacks so as to clean up with Rock Polish; maybe smth like Spikes stacking? IDK whatever you think would work, but I simply can't picture what the right way to go about building with this is. All I know is I want offense. Thanks in advance!

P.S. if you do end up going w/ Rock Polish, other items are also fine if you think they'd work better on the build.

Edit: "last edited" is only in reference to minor edits to description+mention of fightinium on set

Last edited:
Okay to bring this back to life there are going to be a couple of changes, firstly we have to say goodbye to Passion, Shaneghoul and Yogibears, thanks for everything you guys have done! Secondly we adding Earth and quziel as the next 2 members. As last there will be a new Google spreadsheet made for all the new / old that didn't have been made yet suggestions. I'm terribly sorry for the people that have been waiting for a while for their team but there will be progression soon!

Choice Scarf Emboar: Rejected
Reason:
Check the previous teams there are enough with Choice Scarf Emboar.

Last edited:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Z-Lovely Kiss Jynx offense team

requested by: Quint_

Hello, and sorry for the late team! Z-Lovely Kiss Jynx is a really fun and unexplored set -- Jynx is a very unexplored Pokemon in general -- and I think it's able to beat most team archetypes at +1 with that coverage. I like having hazard stacking alongside Jynx, so Garbodor felt like a perfect fit there, while adding a Fighting-type check and also a soft check to Emboar. Since Barbaracle has been used quite a lot lately, it's very necessary to have a reliable answer to it, so I decided to go with Hitmonlee, that could safely revenge kill it thanks to Mach Punch, and also because it has the ability to spin which is obviously very useful for this team. Next, I believed the team needed a little more speed so I went with Scarf Houndoom, which also traps and beats Delphox, which seemed very problematic at that point. Druddigon's the rocker because I felt like Specs / Grassium-Z Rotom-C was really annoying, so SpD Druddigon was a nice pick, also being able to set up rocks against Xatu which is insanely good. I thought that Vikavolt was a cool pick for the last slot as it gives momentum to bring in Jynx against a good amount of stuff, but also to beat a good amount of common Pokemon that could be an annoyance, but I think Vikavolt could be swapped by something else if you think there are other weaknesses, but the team looks fine this way. I think the team ended up being pretty solid and covers most threats for an offense, so I hope you enjoy it! (click on the sprites for the team's import)

I would like to ask for a team around Druddigon Helmet, Pokémon being well used for its considerable defenses, being a good SR Setter and with the combination Helmet + Rough Skin can punish physical attackers with damage of almost 40%

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Glare
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Punch

Hi! I’ve been playing Pokémon for quite some time now and I have been able to successfully build teams for most categories, but i am having trouble building a NU team. Please help!
Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Frost Breath

Magmortar @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Vital Spirit
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt

Whimsicott @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]

A team starring these two please. I've been hearing some decent things about Fightinium Mag and its probably my favorite in PU, and its still viable here, so why not? Whimsicott because I need to know what the buzz about the Specs set is about and Fire + Grass is a good offensive core.

-
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Magmortar + Whimsicott Balance

requested by: Melons-N-Soda
Hello, here is the team you requested around Magmortar and Whimsicott. Let me start off by saying that I slightly edited your Whimsicott set: I decided to go with LO 4 atks as it seemed more fitting when the team was done. Magmortar is a really cool and surprising pokemon that breaks a lot of balance teams, it's definitely a good mon that deserves more attention. Anyway, it's still fairly weak to entry hazards so the best partner that I could think of was a spinner or a defogger, and I decided o go with Scarf Hitmonlee: it would keep hazards away while giving the team speed control, which ended up being ideal for the team. I wanted a rocker that would reliably beat Vanilluxe and Delphox at some extent, so I picked Miltank. I don't think Miltank is a very good pokemon in general but it fits the team pretty well and is a great special glue, which is all I needed. A pokemon that would help against Fighting mons was really necessary at this point, so my pick was Slowbro. I went with Guzzlord in the last slot as I thought it would help filling the gaps, being able to wallbreak, check very well Delphox and different Grass pokemon. I think Guzzlord could be changed though, but I've tested the team plenty of times against my friends and it felt very optimal. Hope you like it.

Last edited:

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader
I'd like to request a team around specs Charizard. This mon sits at a decent speed tier and has decent sp. attack. I was wondering how well it can function as a wallbreaker using specs and solar power. This is the set that I had in mind.

Charizard @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Solar Beam / Hidden Power Grass
- Focus Blast

Ideally, I would like to use this set with an offensive sun team. Otherwise, any play style will do. This was the best move set I could come up with, but it can be customized to whatever you think works better. Thanks in advance!
Late on this but I've got some free time and felt like making a sun team.

Regirock @ Heat Rock
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunny Day
- Explosion
- Stone Edge

Whimsicott @ Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- U-turn

Victreebel @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Solar Beam
- Weather Ball

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Leaf Blade

Charizard @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast

Hitmonlee (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat

This is pretty much standard for the most part. Regirock + Whimsicott give you two guaranteed shots at setting up sun. Specs Zard has 0 switch-ins under sun, and clears the way for you to win with Poisoinium-Z Victreebel + SD Shiftry. Scarf Lee gives you a way to deal with rocks, but you could easily throw Defog onto Shiftry if you really wanted to. Overall, simple to use and pretty fun.

Special Emboar
Emboar @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Scald / Hidden Power [Ice]

Special Boar has the ability to break all physical boar checks. Would prefer a bulky offensive team around this monster
252+ SpA Life Orb Emboar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Druddigon: 253-300 (70.6 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Emboar Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 250-296 (63.4 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Emboar Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Jellicent: 250-294 (61.8 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Emboar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Vaporeon: 242-286 (52.1 - 61.6%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Emboar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Xatu: 286-339 (85.6 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO (Xatu isnt really a check but helmet damage with recoil is annoying af)
252+ SpA Life Orb Emboar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Garbodor: 251-296 (68.9 - 81.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery (see above)

Hidder Power Ice allows you to hit druddigon and xatu for a more reliable 2hko. Scald is your only way of beating delphox when switching in.

hello; I would like to ask a NU team around Regice Z Focus Blast.

Regice @Fightinium Z
Modest Nature
252Spa/4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability Clear Body
Rock Polish
Charge Beam
Ice Beam/Thunderbolt
Focus Blast

I need help building some team around a Sneasel/Passimian core. With Sneasel covering Passimian's weaknesses, and vice versa, Im looking for something that will help me set up these mons safely.

Here are the sets:

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Receiver
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit

OP Stolen from Shadowtags
Approved by: TL's
Hosted by: Disjunction, Shadowtags, Eternally, Blast, Jarii, Shadestep, Hootie, Earth , quziel , Finchinator, meepsvictory
Art: by the wonderful Pilo

Hello everyone, i'm Jarii. Throughout my time in NU I have noticed that a good chunk of newer players do not know how to effectively team build or have no access to good teams to get started with. In an effort to rectify that, I have joined forces with several experienced NU players to host this team building lab. Here users can post Pokemon sets / cores that they would like us to build a team around and one of us can reply with their team and the team building process we used so the requester can see our thinking processes and get ideas on how to build their own teams in the future.

Also, in an effort to improve all of us and get some quality discussion for the thread, I'm going to propose that you guys take the builds we create, play ~5 games on the ladder with them at a decent rank, then link all replays and talk about how to expand your teambuilding from there. Credits go to Zebraiken for thinking of the idea!

Rules:

- Have a one paragraph description with the set / core you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be. Also, actually have the set(s) you want us to use in your post. This makes the process of building teams faster for all of us here.
- Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at team building; this is us trying to educate people on what is good and how to build effective teams. (Think C+ or above in the viability rankings)
- Please note that we can choose to ignore requests for extremely generic sets and / or cores as well as cores that have already been built around Be sure to check this post to avoid breaking this rule!
- Do not flame people for asking for a certain Pokemon or that they can't build one themselves.
- Each user is allowed one request per week and any user found requesting multiple will have their post deleted and may see further punishment.
- I'll close the thread to requests once all of us hit 3 requests at a time.
- Please remember that these teams are first drafts and as such will not be perfect. Edit them as you please.
- On that note, you are free (and highly encouraged) to suggest and post changes / critiques you've made to already posted teams that you feel improve them.
- However, you are not allowed to post your own teams here to have us modify them. We're here to build new teams, not modify older ones. If you want your own teams critiqued and modified, post them in the RMT forum, not here.
-If you request a team/pokemon/core that is already listed in the spreadsheet / team archive directly below you'll be blacklisted from requests for 2 weeks. It takes less than a minute to check. It's your job to check, not ours. Don't be lazy.

You can see a list of all current requests and who is building that team here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/147yBaMu5CWNzWjCDGWxxla_JqxDnyvGJ5fUJd0hg5Tc/edit?usp=sharing
I would like a team based around a sceptile what can sweep with and I would prefer if the rest of the team can counter its weaknesses.

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader
I need help building some team around a Sneasel/Passimian core. With Sneasel covering Passimian's weaknesses, and vice versa, Im looking for something that will help me set up these mons safely.

Here are the sets:

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
Hello Kiv Ridge! I was waiting on the USUM meta to drop before I started tackling some more requests, so here's what I made for you:

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Klinklang @ Steelium Z
Happiness: 0
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Frustration
- Magnet Rise

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Defog

Palossand @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power
- Shore Up

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 204 HP / 248 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Scald
- Protect
- Toxic

I changed up your Scarf Passimian moveset a tad, because the new moves that Passimian got from the USM tutors are a lot more useful for the most part. Passimian + Sneasel was a good starting point, but it's quite fairy weak, and vulnerable to things like Garbodor and Whimsicott, so I added on a Steelium-Z Klinklang. Next up, I wanted to use Whimsicott, because it's extremely useful on offensive teams with all the role compression it provides, and since I already had three physical attackers a special attacker was obviously needed. I threw on Defog in the last slot because it's filler and having some emergency hazard control is always good. Finally, I wrapped up the team with PhysDef Palossand, another mon that was recently buffed with Stealth Rock, as it gave me a very sturdy Fighting-type resist, and a rocker that can immediately threaten Xatu while keeping itself healthy. The last slot was tricky for me, because I wanted a Bulky Water-type that could also check other Water-types like CM Bro and Wish Vaporeon for me, after a few different options I decided to go with my own WishToxic Vaporeon, and coincidentally it works quite nicely in keeping Klinklang healthy, giving you multiple opportunities to set up and consistently check Whimsicott. I was pretty pleased with how the team came out, and it's not outright weak to much off the bat, hope you enjoy it!

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Metal Sonic

Here's a Bibarel team courtesy of Z+V :

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Memento

The Bibs (Bibarel) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Simple
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Waterfall
- Return

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake

Mismagius @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt

Steelix @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Dark Pulse
- Stealth Rock

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Destiny Bond

Basic idea is that Froslass gets up spikes really reliably vs like half of everything, LO lix is a reliable lure to Rotom, while getting up Rocks vs Xatu, and beating Klinklang, which is a potential issue for Bibarel, Mismagius blocks spin and provides another wincon, and Whimsicott brings in Fire types that Bibarel can easily set up on after a Memento. Once you get up spikes vs the enemy, there's often very little they can to do stop Bibarel from cleaning, especially considering that it breaks essentially everything faster with a Silk Scarf Quick Attack. Emboar is here mainly to provide an additional check vs Sneasel, as well as abuse Bibarel's ability to wear down/KO slowbro, and easily clean afterwards.

Last edited:

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
RP Regice: Requested by Heldinho and Martin

Regice @ Fightinium Z
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Houndoom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Pursuit
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Water]

Hitmonlee (M) @ Fist Plate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Rapid Spin
- Mach Punch

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Roost
- U-turn

Garbodor @ Toxic Plate
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Explosion
- Seed Bomb
- Spikes

Finally got this to where I like it, so figured I'd finally post it. Ok, so fun fact about Regice, most of its answers are actually quite pursuit weak, see Delphox, Cryogonal, and the others are fairly weak to Garbodor/Spikes (see Mega Audino, fat stuff), so I wanted to build around the core of Regice, Houndoom and Garbodor. The Houndoom set isn't perfect, but I figured that it was better here than a simple Life orb set, bringing the team valuable speed, and still being able to at least threaten the mons you want threatened. Went with an Offensive Garbodor here as it lets you bypass Xatu quite easily, and chips down half the stuff you want chipped very easily; Explosion lets you bring in Regice for free, while Seed Bomb chips down enemy Seismitoad into range of Regice. At this point I realized that Stealth Rock was sorta a tiny, teeny issue, and added Xatu, which has the plus of taking on Steelix for Garb, and providing some momentum. Finished up with Hitmonlee to provide priority and Spin, and Seismitoad to provide an actual answer to Emboar/Klinklang and Rocks.

Have fun!

I'd love to run a team centered around a particular Rhydon. This set I'd love for it to have would be.

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn (Though I may consider replacing this with Swords Dance depending on what comes up)

I'd like a somewhat bulky offensive team. I'd love at least one set of entry hazards (Aside from Spikes as they're a pain to set-up) along with a Defogger and at least one Z-move user. Legends aren't off the table. I was something maybe something like a Jellicent to block any Spins but there's also enemy Defog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)