Numbing Down (OU RMT)

Numbing Down
-----------------------------------------------------------------------​
Introduction: This is a team that has taken two weeks to make, and another two to test around and change it. Although this may not seem like a great achievment, or something special, it helps me get the hang of what my weaknesses and troubles are, which is quite nice. The main idea of the team, is to use and exploit the dangerous toxic spikes, to my advantage. But I did add a twist to this: Thunderwave. Now you may be wondering ¿WTF is he a retard running twave in a team with Toxic spikes, thats stupid!?
Well, I saw this with a different point of view, at first while testing the team, i saw that many teams nowadays have an almost full, if not total imunity to toxic spikes. Twave benefits almost all my whole team, with the exception of zapdos, but that can be worked around. The team is relatively slow, but that extra difference in speed granted by twave, and all the free turns to set up i get, could be endgame.
Lets move onto the team now !
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Team Preview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------​
Well now onto the sets themselves, as thats the point of this. -_-'

Roserade (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Toxic Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Logic behind the set: Since Toxic Spikes are only learned by a few pokemon, and only very few of them are usable in OU, I had to take a decision: Roserade/Nidoqueen/Forretress. I went with Roserade, since she gets to sleep the oponent, while having secured Toxic Spikes in. I went with HP fire, to not become complete set up fodder against forretress, skarmory, and others.
Logic behind the EVs: Well The EV spread is quite standard. Max speed to outspeed slower leads while getting at the very least a tie with other HP fire base 90 pokemon. Max sp atk to Hit as hard as possible, and the rest into HP for the lulz.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP/184 Def/76 Spd
- Substitute
- Roost
- Protect/ Heat Wave/Signal Beam
- Thunderbolt

Logic behind the set: Well, while brainstorming pokemon that abused toxic spikes, one of the very first pokemon that came to my mind, was sub roost zapdos. Not only does this zapdos pressure stall and exploit toxic spikes, but it also checks lucario to an extent, which is always nice. Sub and roost gives me an ideal combo to make tspikes come into effect slowly, ith me not taking much damage from my oponents blows. With the 3rd slot im a bit undecided on waht to use: protect gives me extra stalling and overall more durability, het wave lets me hit grass types and magnezone that could be an annoyance to this set, , and finnaly Signal Beam to hit godamn latias and grass types as well, please help me decide !
Thunderbolt is for STAB.
Logic behind the EVs: instead of using the standard EVs for sub roost zap, i went with the physically defensive set to be able to take pysical attacks reatively better. Thats about it!

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP/160 Def/32 Spd/76 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Protect
- Flash Cannon

Logic behind the set: Well, Another one of the pokemon that came to my mind when looking for pokemon to exploit tspikes, was CM rachi. When I saw the wish CM set that earthworm and jumpluff ran in their team, i was tempted to try it, and I Eventually did. Altho i did some slight modifications to the set. First off i added protect, to have an ensured recovery move, and an extra turn of wearinthe opponent with toxic spikes. And I added flash cannon as my attacking move as it has the best coverage out of rachi's stabs.
Logic behind the EVs: The EVs are also taken from the analysis, although not quite the set. Wishrachi's Evs give me some bulk, while the little switch of impish to modest and sp def evs to sp atk evs gives me power.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 180 HP/60 Def/252 Spd/16 SDef
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse

Logic behind the set: Well Latias is by far the most Unorthdox member of the team, but as weird as she is, she does many roles. Firstly she twaves, whhich is incredibly useful when my oponent has tspikes imunity, making my team ``speedy´´ and having the ability to get free se up turns. Reflect also gives it more survibaility vs pursuiters, and pretty much fucks any physical attacker with the combo of twave+reflect. Recover is for well, recovery. And dragon pulse is for STAB, which is resisted only by one type.
Logic behind the EVs: Well, the EVs are kinda taken from Philip's latias. They allow me to tie with other non scarfed latiases, and acts as a revenge killer of sorts, while giving me overall physical bulkiness, coupled with reflect, resulting in a pretty nice ``Wall´´. Thats about it !

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/216 Def/52 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earthquake
-Ice Beam

Logic behind the set: Well swampert was added to the team for the following reasons: Firstly, he can set up stealth rock nearly always, secondly, he can phaze;which weakens all SR weak pokemon that could trouble the team, and thirdly, is one of my only checks to bulky DD mence, which could plow through the entire metagame without a problem. Its standard mixpert really EQ and ice beam for coverage, Roar for the before mentioned reasons, and SR to well, have SR in the team. Thats about it.
Logic behind the EVs: The EVs here are standard really, nothing much to explain, so yeah, forgive me for the short description.

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 64 HP/252 Sp Atk/194 Spd
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Logic behind the set: Ahh sub charge beam rotom, it does a number of things for this team, Anti-Spinning, Breaking Stall, Luring TTar in only to rape it with HP fighting, etc. The Set consists of setting up a sub to be able to protect myself from status, while also toxi stalling, and boosting my attack with charge beam to make a clean sweep. Its nothing innovative after so many good players have used it, but it does do the job. Shadow ball and HP fighting for coverage while also hitting TTar relatively strongly. Thats about it !
Logic behind the EVs: Although its standard, I might aswell explain how they work, since its fun. 64 HP evs to take any attack that blissey could throw at me, while the timid 192 speed is to outspeed adamant gyarados I believe. While the max sp attack allows me to hit as hard as possible
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
TL DR: The team consists of several bulky pokemon that exploit toxic spikes to become dangerous, while having a back up plan in case the oponent is tspikes inmune. Wish pass also allows this team to be alive for long periods of time.
Rate, Hate, Steal!

Your team needs a better check to luke since your zapdos currently doesn't beat it.

Use this one;

Zapdos @ Leftovers
248 hp / 84 def / 176 spe
Timid
Pressure
-Thunderbolt
-Heat wave
-Toxic
-Roost

This zapdos checks it better as 176 spe ties with 216 spe jolly gliscor and outspeeds max spe jolly luke by 2 points. 176 spe = 308. 248 hp is a lefties point overshot by 1 so you can switch into SR 5 times instead of 4. 84 def is filler but you can switch it to 84 sp atk so you can OHKO luke with thunderbolt and have more power with heat waves on metagross/scizor etc. 84 def also helps survive a +2 s-speed from jolly luke IIRC.

Next thing you should probably use a bulkier resttalk rotom set to handle different threats like ttar who try to switch into him and get hit by a WoW.

52 sp atk is usually only for running hydro pump on pert so you can run 52 sp def over it, but it's fine. Bulky CBtar pretty much 2HKOs your whole team and survives almost every attack you might think can kill it like a leaf storm and an EQ from pert. You could run just enough hp/def to survive a CBcrunch and run enough attack to KO cbtar with eq if you want but id suggest just running bulky resttalk WoW rotom so you can cripple it on the switch then the rest of your team can handle it with ease.

This is the rotom spread;

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Levitate
252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Sp Atk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Overheat/Scarf are the downfall to rotom being a spin blocker as he then becomes massive pursuit bait when he's supposed to be a check to scizor. Will-O-Wisp and Thunderbolt were essential to be an effective check to Scizor and Metagross. By utilizing Resttalk, it can absorb status and outstall Blissey if need be. Even though it cannot be hit with Thunderbolt. WoW works well for still dealing with scizor and TTar.

As for the Ev's, 252 were placed in Hp because Rotom needs all the Hp he can get. At 304, this is Leftovers number, but also a Sandstorm number. Since Stealth Rock will not be on the field too often, the extra damage that would result from it is not a concern. A Bold nature and 160 Ev's were used so that Scizor and others can be dealt with more efficiently before the WoW. It also gives a bonus point with the nature. The rest was placed into SAtk for more power (enough to OHKO 4 Hp Starmie from full health with Thunderbolt) and a confident 2HKO on Vaporeon. You can consider placing the extra Ev's in special defense to absorb water attacks better, but the Ev's currently had to spare along with the physical defense needed for Rotom to perform his duty made this an impractical goal.

Credit to this set goes to Kingdrom.

You could also consider switching jirachi to just a standard scarfrachi to handle scizor/ttar

which would be

Jirachi @ choice scarf
Adamant
252 atk / 252 spe / 6 hp
-Iron head
-Ice punch
-Thunderpunch
-U-turn

Revenges +1 mence and +1 gyara which your team is currently weak to. Iron head also solves your CBtar/ttar weakness in general being able to 2HKO the most bulky variations and flinch it to death. U-turn for scouting and getting away from maggy who tries to switch in. Adamant hits 448 which outruns the same things as jolly 176 spe but you can consider running jolly 252 spe just for an even better check.

Just a few more nitpicks;

Consider hp ground on roserade to beat ape/heatran leads, and running standard CM latias to just scare off common threats and get boosts/a sweep out of it.

gl with your team and i hope this helped.

A Fake Out lead such as Ambipom can ruin your chances at putting it to sleep because it will kill you if you don't. A taunt lead can mess up Roserade too. If you come up against a hail team and the Abomasnow lead, Roserade will be in trouble if the sleep powder misses, but the good side is that it can completly destroy Fortress and Bronzong leads which is good.

I suggest Heat Wave on Zapdos instead of Protect or Signal Beam.

Hope I helped.

Hello.

I can see this team having some troubles with Salamence, mostly MixMence. You'll have a hell of a time switching with only one steel-type who lacks a way to do significant damage to Salamence. I suggest altering Jirachi's EV spread, 252 HP / 80 SpA (or Def) / 176 Speed with a Timid nature. This gives you a much better chance against Salamence. While we're at it, Substitute and Thunderbolt would be great alternatives to Wish and Protect. Thunderbolt helps a lot against Gyarados, who could be problematic under certain circumstances. (Such as a Tyranitar/Gyara combo). Now you at least have another 'check' against Salamence, where as before Jirachi would likely have been 2HKOed by Fire Blast or Earthquake before doing a good amount of damage.

Another reason for this Jirachi is Crocune. Crocune does not mind Toxic Spikes, a Thunder Wave, or a Flash cannon either. Assuming Roserade is long defeated, your best hope against it is Charge Beam Rotom-A, but that is not reliable at all, seeing as Rotom-A will be taking hefty damage from Surf and a weak Charge Beam won't be doing much damage after a Calm Mind or two. You can only Roar it out with Swampert so many times. If you gave Jirachi Thunderbolt, it could counter Suicune and set up Calm Minds alongside of it. Assuming Suicune does not get a crit, Jirachi should win due to Thunderbolt being super effective, while Surf is only neutral against Jirachi.

On Zapdos, I would recommend Heat Wave if only for Scizor, who could be troublesome in theory. Rotom-A is no match for Pursuit, while Jirachi can't do much damage without a neutral attack as it is. Heat Wave also helps against Metagross, Bronzong, and the like.

Since you are running Toxic Spike support, and most Steel-types do not mind being paralyzed all that much, I would say that Roar be a better option on Latias than Thunder Wave. Roar would help a lot against aformentioned Suicune, while also racking up additional damage and scouting the foe's team further.

Overall, this team is pretty solid. Not much to change other than a few nitpicks here and there. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)