SV LC Numel’s charge (30-0 lc suspect) (built with Acehunter)

:sv/numel: :sv/foongus: :sv/quaxly: :sv/gothita: :sv/pawniard: :sv/zorua-hisui:
(click on sprites for importing the team)

Hello everyone, I wanted to share with you one of my latest teams built with Acehunter1 with which I got reqs for the diglett suspect test with a score of 30-0.
First of all, I wanted to build something around numel which is really annoying as a mon but it needs great support around it. The idea was to create something balanced and not ho (most numels are used in ho).

———————————————————————

:sv/numel:

Numel @ Eviolite
Ability: Simple
Level: 5
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 196 HP / 36 Atk / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stockpile
- Rest
- Flame Charge
- Body Press

This is the best Numel’s set, thanks to its ability you can double your boosts, so stockpile boosts defences and fcharge speed. It is invested in def because of body press as the principal attacking move. Tera fight is used to boost bpress and cover water and ground weaknesses (it is especially for arena trap diglett which could stop the sweeping).

:sv/foongus:

Foongus @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Firstly I wanted to create a solid F/G/W core which could cover all more or less. Since numel can be easily trapped, we opted for foongus instead of mareanie in order to avoid that. This is the standard foongus set with Tera ghost for switching out vs gothita and it helps better mindgames vs rain sweepers instead of Tera water which could be annoying vs Tera electric psyduck. Spore is an important move in lc because there aren’t so many strong grass mons except for toedscool and foongus itself. Foongus covers numel’s weaknesses such as water, fight mons, checks ground mons, viceversa numel does the same for foongus.

:sv/quaxly:

Quaxly @ Eviolite
Ability: Moxie
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 76 HP / 76 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Cutter
- Encore

After I completed F/G/W core with defensive spinner quax with encore for smashers, numel or sd pawn.
Aqua cutter is better than liquidation for not risking a drop vs pawn and it hits better greavard. Tera grass is for rain sweepers and Toedscool. Quaxly definitely helps vs fire scarf mons like cyndaquill, houndour, larvesta. It weakens zorua-h which could be annoying for numel sweep cuz its type and hex move (wow also if you terad). It is the spinner of the team.

:sv/gothita:

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball

I needed a scarfer because the team was definitely slow. Gothita was the best option because you can trap wingull, encore quax and especially mareanie which is a strong counter for numel if it uses haze. Trick is always good as move vs mareanieusing Tera ghost or vs sweepers mon, tbolt is really good for hitting wingull, eball is for hitting both Tera water mareanie and grounds (dig counter trap). Tera dark is for avoiding being trapped easily and killed by spunch orb diglett. We didn’t need Tera blast on gothi because our purpose was to Tera blast with numel. Even because pawn wasn’t a problem. It checks most of offences threat like wattrel, glimmet, crab, Tera fight zorua-h, voltorb, wingull, surskit and also it revengekills nymble after using Tera dark.
In short its role in this team is really important.

:sv/pawniard:

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Sweep
- Night Slash
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Subsequently I decided to put a setter (that is needed in every team more or less). Our best option was pawniard because we could have checked better zorua-h, drifloon, pawn (avoiding low sweep thanks to Tera ghost), gothita, greavard, shroodle, foong, deerling, wingull, wattrel, nymble and electrics with Tera ice. Low sweep is also for shellder to slower it and being outspeeded by gothita after. It was used also for having a better mu vs webs and spunch is always a good priority moves (imo every team should have at least one priority move).

:sv/zorua-hisui:

Zorua-Hisui @ Eviolite
Ability: Illusion
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 76 HP / 116 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Memento

Last but not least, I needed a crab, nymble, greavard check. It weakens also pawn burning it, blocking quax and toed spin in order to pressure oppo’s team with rocks, it gives momentum and a faster team. Knock has always been a really important lc move, memento is for helping Numel sweeping better. Tera dark is for checking dark moves such as night slash pawn.

———————————————————————

In conclusion:

The strategy of this team is just to prepare the territory for numel to sweep. I hope you would enjoy it.

Threats:
:mudbray: or :sandile: + :surskit:

Scarf mudbray or evio sandile + surskit could be annoying if you lose foongus evio or quax evio. The plan vs scarf mud is just to revengekill it with gothita, while vs sandile try to maint full life on quax, you will be fine.

Replays:
Screenshot:
84FB1614-7B6B-4DE9-8B18-8B0DFB82C2D5.png

S/O:

Acehunter1
for telling me some advices
Stecolomaxx for checking the grammar

:numel: :foongus: :quaxly: :gothita: :pawniard: :zorua-hisui:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)