Tournament NUPL IX - Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader

Administrative Decisions
Spreadsheet
Replays and Usage
Deadline: Sunday, May 23rd @ 11:59pm GMT -4

Reminder to everyone: Game 1 of the Bo3 has to be played in SS NU. Game 2 and 3 are decided by the loser.

:ss/frogadier: vs :ss/vivillon:
Freedom Frogadiers (5) vs Vibrant Vivillons (2)
SS: GW vs Davon
SS: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs tlenit
SM: EviGaro vs McSim
ORAS: Teddeh vs soulgazer
BW2: Bughouse vs Star
DPP: Honko vs vivalospride
ADV: Heysup vs Boat
Bo3: MrAldo vs mncmt

:ss/talonflame: vs :ss/cacturne:
Tailor-made Talonflames (3) vs Catacomb Cacturnes (5)
SS: Thiago Nunes vs xavgb
SS: OnArceus vs Sabella
SM: Xiri vs Eternally
ORAS: The Goomy vs tko
BW2: Raichy vs Jyph
DPP: Staxi vs brewfasa
ADV: Triangles vs nightcore
Bo3: Sensei Axew vs Garay oak

:ss/blastoise: vs :ss/musharna:
The Pablostoises (1) vs The Moneymaker Musharnas (7)
SS: TDK vs Luck O' the Irish
SS: Skysolo vs PinkDragonTamer
SM: Santu vs Confide
ORAS: Ren-chon vs quziel
BW2: SoulWind vs Shuckleking87
DPP: ima vs Expulso
ADV: Roseybear vs Jisoo
Bo3: watashi vs Punny

:ss/heliolisk: vs :ss/piloswine:
The Holy Heliolisks (6) vs The Pile of Swines (0)
SS: Accelgor vs elodin
SS: Feliburn vs Eternal Spirit
SM: Jrdn vs teal6
ORAS: Chaitanya vs obii
BW2: Chill Shadow vs PDC
DPP: HSOWA vs byronthewellwell
ADV: JabbaTheGriffin vs col49
Bo3: robjr vs Finchinator

If I made a mistake please contact me asap. Good luck everyone!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
predictions, hf all

:ss/frogadier: vs :ss/vivillon:
Freedom Frogadiers (3) vs Vibrant Vivillons (5)
SS: GW vs Davon - happened
SS: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs tlenit - happened
SM: EviGaro vs jcbc - rematch of ru open, where jcbc eliminated evi in round 5 -- however she's far more knowledgable about SM NU than jc and probably a better player overall
ORAS: Teddeh vs soulgazer - teddeh is 0-3 to start and probably gives zero fucks about this; so does soulgazer, but hes more used to that. might depend on whether rozes comes up with good stuff to counter-team teddeh balance, but teddehs ability to win neutral MUs this tour doesnt seem as high as one would assume beforehand
BW2: Bughouse vs Star - star is a rly good player. Bughouse had a pretty sick kanga set (dont sell it short as cheese!! everything in bw is cheese or boring anyways '-') that helped them finesse a win versus SoulWind last week; they might be able to repeat the act but i'd have to generically favor star
DPP: Honko vs vivalospride - the trio of viv + rozes and Donny P support has gotten off to a 2-0 start; honko's 1-2, getting his first win last week. honko is known for his experience in the tier but i bet viv's motivation to come up with cool shit with his close friend donny p (known as a dpp uu genius) is pretty high and he'll bring something good and pilot well
ADV: Heysup vs Stockings - Heysup's doing pretty well in this tour and his old gen lower tiers resume is quite well-established at this point. dont get unlucky
Bo3: MrAldo vs mncmt - Mncmt is def better player + aldos just now being subbed in for the first time, whereas mncmt has been playing this for the whole tour and has good team support from rozes

:ss/talonflame: vs :ss/cacturne:
Tailor-made Talonflames (5) vs Catacomb Cacturnes (3)
SS: Thiago Nunes vs xavgb - much hyped as a genius in OMs, xavgb's transition to standard formats didnt go as well as he had hoped during WCOP. will he manage to pick up this meta? tnunes is a tough person to do so against, since he runs slightly off-meta or anti-meta techs that can trip up standard teams (& he also has more knowledge of the tier + is generally a good player, getting far in open, seasonals, etc).
SS: OnArceus vs Sabella - sabella has clearly put some effort into picking up this NU meta, being near the top of the NULT leaderboard right now and winning last week. however OnArceus is actually fire -- undefeated in his first team tour and coming off of a recent seasonal win, I'll definitely favor him here. Very impressive stuff
SM: Xiri vs Eternally - xiri is pretty solid but they dont seem to have any sort of SM expert/guru on the team, and xiri thrives off of experienced players that can help him know the tier well enough to pilot well in it & provide solid teams. Eternally is very good and experienced in SM and should win even tho he gives negative fucks about this
ORAS: The Goomy vs tko - this will be the worst game ever LMAO. goomy did throw a cheese (maybe double cheese?) game wk1 or 2 i believe, and theres a very good chance this is double cheese lol. goomy knows this tier though so hopefully he'll have the edge at builder and/or be better able to position himself for a tech to hit
BW2: Raichy vs Jyph - i dont rly know jyph but the talonflames seem to not have anyone that knows BW at all, leaving raichy out to dry
DPP: Staxi vs brewfasa - fatty is 3-0 with some cool techs like using a lapras vs me rofl
ADV: Triangles vs nightcore - triangles is 3-0 in this tier and looks quite solid in each of those games
Bo3: Sensei Axew vs Garay oak - happened

:ss/heliolisk: vs :ss/piloswine:
The Holy Heliolisks (6) vs The Pile of Swines (2)
SS: Accelgor vs elodin - although elodin's power will surely be boosted by glastrier now being legal, accel is a pretty strong player; friends with meri for a while, they'll probably put together something good & be motivated. elodin is also 2-1 this tour but hasnt been playing ss so im inclined to favor accel
SS: Feliburn vs Eternal Spirit - gama is putting in effort in lower tiers rn; currently top 5 in grand slam and motivated to win it, i'd be willing to bet that he's building his own teams and testing at least a bit. feli is in a bit of a slump right now or just kinda unmotivated, id expect him to just get passed something standard and pull up to the game + he doesnt know the tier super well
SM: Jrdn vs teal6 - jrdn is good at this tier, where his brand as an innovator seems to have taken root and produced good results against people who don't know the tier well, a category in which teal6 would definitely fit
ORAS: Chaitanya vs obii - chait in oras tiers is really good, obii tends to put up solid records in the lower tier team tours as well tbh but chait tends to be far above average
BW2: Chill Shadow vs PDC - the BW shadow tag and sleep PR thread did not close in time for this match, so chillshadow will probably abuse the brokens to more success in
DPP: HSOWA vs byronthewellwell - hs owa is 3-0 in the tier so far, all ive seen of their games is that hsowa didnt seem to have a gr8 regirock switch in vs me [even tho he still won p convincingly] and byron got folded by fatty wk1
ADV: JabbaTheGriffin vs col49 - swines dont seem to have much going for them in adv, idk if anyone on the team knows it or whether the games just havent gone their way
Bo3: robjr vs Finchinator - p much even in skill, im favoring finch here because his team really needs him to pull in wins, whereas the heliolisks have been very strong this season so this is prob less of a 'must-win' game for rob than for finch. rob also sat out the last 2 wks so ill give finch an edge for being in rhythm after winning his last 2. honestly this should just be a really good and even series, hard to favor either side solidly so forgive my shaky prediction logic here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)