Tournament NUPL VI - Finals [Won by the Busted Team Player Cats]

Status
Not open for further replies.

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
i feel like i crafted a really solid matchup for myself and just executed it poorly. huge apologies to my team, i came into this really confident and ended up losing the most important game of the season

that being said, i am extremely proud of the rhydons and i think they all deserve a huge shoutout. going from 7th place to winning 4 weeks in a row up to finals is incredible. thanks for trusting in me for the tb and apologies for not living up to it
Teddeh ty for hitting me up when i decided i might as well join nupl and thanks for putting ur faith in me throughout this tour, your record is obviously not reflective of your true skill given how busy you've been. no doubt you'll bounce back in future tours
Cdumas this is the 2nd tour i've teamed with you and i hope it ain't the last. the amount of clutch situations you were put in and helping us secure many wins really shows how strong of a player you are. keep killing every tour man
Dundies teddeh told me that he 100% wanted you for your flexibility and raw skill. in the beginning, i kinda doubted that this kind of skill existed but you proved time and time again that you can compete with an incredible 8-2 record and proof that you know your shit. people can "click click" you all they want but in the end, who's winning games?
HJAD unfortunate that you were busy a bit early on because you definitely would've shown that you still have the bw knowledge and skill. you were a huge part of this team in managerial decisions so bless u for that
M Dragon big david. seeing you as one of our 2 most consistent winners always gave me a safe reassurance that we'd have the week locked up. your skill in old gens is basically unparalleled and you really showed up this tour. hope u can find ur passion for mons again or enjoy wherever you end up my friend
Snou even though you came into this tour wanting to play sm, you really did kill it in oras with an insane record. keep killing it no matter what other dudes say, you have some real shit in ya and i wanna see more of it in the future
dodmen your record obviously isnt reflective of ur real capabilities. thank you for last minute subbing and playing tiers you don't usually.. we had an sm only overload unfortunately. still the goat uu player
Askov thanks for always putting effort into prepping and helping the other old gens as well. you mentioned not feeling too into mons and i feel ya sometimes. just go at your own pace and it'll work out
DurzaOffTopic even after being banned you still continued to help mdrag and askov and maintained a lively chat presence. ignore all the haters, they dont understand internet trolling my friend
Yui. im really glad we got to pick u up for nupl. you were an instant help but unfortunately didnt get to your first game due to being busy, it happens
teal6 ty for rejoining for semis and finals to cheer everyone on. people get busy so dw about it
long list of our supporters but here goes: neomon honchkrow carcy Taskr dibs Realistic Waters yogi ty all for sticking w/ us, hyping us up and livening up the chat. huge thanks to neomon for all support for sm, tennis for the oras teams, and taskr for the cute as fuck art

ty host for running a successful tour with no issues

Repeated quote BUT "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - ragmatho Chinese philosopher 367 BCE.

won vs lax, gg!!!!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7nu-387673

"Put me in tie break and I wont lose"
Rodriblutar, 2018
Well first at all great run to the other team cause they were a solid team and not easy to beat. I rlly have a lot of fun this tour, thanks to my manager FLCL to trust in me and retain me, I always like the teams u get and this time with 4 beasts hispanics were fantactic (there were more hispanic here than in my HPL team lmao), then with soulgazer and Hogg that re my crushes the team was perfect to me. And I could know new people as Choa, banks and starmie. Personatly I leave v happy from this tour, I feel I have played v well almost everyweek and my games where v clear (i dont remember if I haxed someone but I think no) and Thats give me more fun. Its the first time Im the mvp of a tour and I want to thanks shiloh cause he helps me a lot in spl when was where I improve a lot in that tier and he is always helping me in everything, and Kushalos to give me the tie break team, first and last time I use a ditto xD. Isnt the best post but I wanted to do it cause I can practise to my C1 english exam n.n. See u in slam everyoone!

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
i don't usually do shoutout posts but i feel like i owe my team one after not being very active throughout the season. it took us some lucky moments in the finals but i'm glad that this team realized its potential since i really thought we looked like the most dominant roster at the beginning of the season. thanks to everyone for being pretty much self sufficent throughout the season since i really wasn't that motivated to play mons near the end of this tournament. you guys all rock and i look forward to teaming with you guys in future tours :heart:

Rodriblutar real happy that i got to retain you for 10k. you're one of the most clutch players i've played with, which is why i felt comfortable starting you in the tiebreaker over myself. hope to see you in snake draft bro

Poek my man. thanks for taking this tournament seriously and even making the effort to ladder and learn about the tier a bit more. i know this tournament is just something you play for fun and so hope you enjoyed yourself. gl in slam you lower tier god

Lycans you had a real solid season even though i pretty much gave you no team support aside from the teams i posted at the beginning of the season. despite that i feel like you were one of the more active people in the chat so thanks for that. also thanks for telling us whenever rodri played or else we never would've known :toast:

Lednäh thanks for sticking around for another season and putting up another solid record. even though the end of the tournament was a bit rough for you i still don't regret buying you at all, since i know you had better things to be focusing on. and don't worry, one day people will recognize the power of kecleon in oras nu

soulgazer i knew you were rusty but i didn't know you were this washed in nu. jesus christ. you somehow clutched in the playoffs though so that's what that matters. anyways, i hope you get to live your dream of playing ou in a team tournament sometime soon

crayon pop another user who had a shit regular season only to pipe up in the playoffs. i hope your relationship with lacus clyne is going well. and never touch this tier again

Hogg thanks for putting in probably the most effort out of everyone on the team, even though you didn't have anyone knowledgable about the tier to talk to until the finals. thanks for clutching in the tiebreaker as well, you're one of the most knowledgable players in adv nu so i had no doubts about starting you there

Stan Soojung you were one of the most active chat presences and actually helped people test their teams :v4:. i'm sorry i didn't get the chance to start you more since our team was pretty stacked, but i hope you enjoyed your time in this tournament

Sam thanks for keeping rui's seat warm when he had bigger things to do than play pokemon. i know you didn't get to play adv which was the tier you wanted to play but you didn't really expect me to start you, did you?

zugubu royale thanks for sticking around even though there really weren't many opportunities to start you. hope to see you around in other tournaments

shiloh and Kushalos thanks for showing up in finals and actually doing manager things. we probably wouldn't have done it without you guys

that's all i have to say for now, thanks to everyone else involved in this tournament and community for making it a fun experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)