Tournament NUPL VI - Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

hosted by me (dk), so contact me if you have questions about this tournament

Deadline: Sunday, June 3rd @ 11:59pm GMT -5

Reckless Rhydons (5) vs. Dilly Dilly Dewgongs (3)
USUM NU: Teddeh vs. Kaneki
USUM NU: lax vs. snagaa
USUM NU: Cdumas vs. lo shohei ohtani toyotas
ORAS NU: Snou vs. honchkrow
BW NU: HJAD vs. cb aaron judge
DPP NU: Askov vs. Bughouse
ADV NU: M Dragon vs. Hikari
Bo3: Dundies vs. The Goomy

Moneymaker Musharnas (1) vs. Krusty Krabs (6)
USUM NU: Gefährlicher Random vs. elodin
USUM NU: Tangelo vs. Pohjis
USUM NU: Garay oak vs. Kory2600
ORAS NU: Shaneghoul vs. Kiyo
BW NU: Chill Shadow vs. We Three Kings
DPP NU: fatty vs. Heysup
ADV NU: Megazard vs. Plas
Bo3: Leru vs. Finchinator

Klinklang Gang (2) vs. Vibrant Vivillons (4)
USUM NU: Ren-chon vs. Gunner Rohan
USUM NU: Nat vs. TDK
USUM NU: blunder vs. shiloh
ORAS NU: Luck O' the Irish vs. Earth
BW NU: jake vs. obii
DPP NU: Coconut vs. DrReuniclus
ADV NU: Kaori vs. col49

Bo3: Hootie vs. Eternally

Listless Lilligants (3) vs. Busted Team Player Cats (5)
USUM NU: poh vs. Rodriblutar
USUM NU: robjr vs. Poek
USUM NU: Sacri' vs. Lycans
ORAS NU: Jarii vs. Lednäh
BW NU: Shadestep vs. soulgazer
DPP NU: amber lamps vs. crayon pop
ADV NU: Kushalos vs. Hogg
Bo3: Tricking vs. FLCL

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Moneymaker Musharnas (3) vs. Krusty Krabs (5)
USUM NU: Gefährlicher Random vs. elodin
ORAS NU: Shaneghoul vs. Kiyo
BW NU: Chill Shadow vs. We Three Kings - both new age bw lower tier players, but i find cs to be more solid here & hes 4-0 so far

Klinklang Gang (4) vs. Vibrant Vivillons (4)
USUM NU: blunder vs. shiloh
ORAS NU: Luck O' the Irish vs. Earth
BW NU: jake vs. obii - far greater experience in the tier will lead zeb to a win vs the winless obii
ADV NU: Disjunction vs. col49
Bo3: Hootie vs. Eternally

Listless Lilligants (3) vs. Busted Team Player Cats (5)
USUM NU: poh vs. Rodriblutar
USUM NU: robjr vs. Poek
USUM NU: Sacri' vs. Lycans
ORAS NU: Jarii vs. Lednäh
BW NU: Shadestep vs. soulgazer - soulgazer's record is not reflective of his ability in this tier & overall so i expect him to finally get in the win column
DPP NU: amber lamps vs. crayon pop
ADV NU: Kushalos vs. Hogg
Bo3: Tricking vs. FLCL

hf rhydons & hjad

Last edited:

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
week 5 predicts
USUM NU: Teddeh vs. Kaneki
USUM NU: lax vs. snagaa
USUM NU: Cdumas vs. lo shohei ohtani toyotas
ORAS NU: Snou vs. honchkrow - excited to see tenny unleashed in oras
BW NU: HJAD vs. cb aaron judge
DPP NU: teal6 vs. Bughouse
ADV NU: M Dragon vs. Hikari
Bo3: Dundies vs. The Goomy - both of these guys capable of taking this, think goomy has the upper hand with team support tho.

USUM NU: Gefährlicher Random vs. elodin - i believe in the random to keep pulling upsets
ORAS NU: Shaneghoul vs. Kiyo - best oras game for sure, both are impossible to predict though in terms of team choice
BW NU: Chill Shadow vs. We Three Kings

USUM NU: blunder vs. shiloh - best usum match imo
ORAS NU: Luck O' the Irish vs. Earth - impressive of earth chan to be 4-0 so far, luck is no pushover though.
BW NU: jake vs. obii
ADV NU: Disjunction vs. col49
Bo3: Hootie vs. Eternally - expecting an entertaining oras game at least.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
I'm on vacation from Friday-Sunday this week, so my availability during those days is pretty much evening (usually later evening) GMT-7, which is impossible for a European players to make (still the same as or more activity than he offered, but that's besides the point), so I pretty much told Leru I could play anytime Monday-Thursday. I was active each day and offered legitimately anytime as a range to make sure we could get it done given these circumstances; I even proposed some likely times that would work for him in order to follow scheduling guidelines (three times of Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoon my time back when I was GMT-4 before I went on vacation, which happened to be evening his time as he is GMT+2). He agreed to the time on Thursday and when I asked for specifics, he said later would be better.

I had the Smogcast from 2-3:30pm my time, but I was still on Smogtours (have screenshots as proof posted at the end -- I legit needed to get this done, so I was willing to do both at the same time at that point lol) looking for him throughout and afterwards (aka the entire later afternoon which we agreed to) I was also on and there was no sign of him. He told me earlier on Thursday that he likely couldn't make it as something came up and that he may be able to after midnight, but he was not on afterwards either (I asked him in PM to lmk when he'd be on and he never got back to me, logged onto PS, etc.). He did propose a range on Sunday, but it was a range that I clearly said would not work for me given my vacation in the VM -- it still does not work for me.

Essentially, I followed the scheduling guidelines and made an active attempt to initiate scheduling. He gave me one time that could work that I was free during, which was the last day in my window, and then said he could not make it right before only to say he might be able to a bit later, which he still did not come on for. He missed the time, did not show any form of proper scheduling/follow the guidelines, and has made very minimal attempts to try and get it done beyond that. I hate to do this, but given my vacation schedule and the lack of anything helpful from Leru (or perhaps him telling his team it couldn't work out and them making an attempt to get it done), this is an activity win request.

Here is our scheduling VM. Here is our discord PM, including proof that he couldn't make the time if what is below is not sufficient and proof that I made every effort possible to get it done.
1, 2, 3, and 4 are proof that I checked on PS during smogcast/the scheduled time and later on as I alluded to.

I'll be "on" during the weekend, but it will be almost all on phone between activities/during meals when I literally cannot possibly battle and should not be expected to. The only way this gets done is if it is around (probably a bit later than) this time tomorrow, but even then I cannot say for sure because I have not been given any certainty in advance and it's hard to schedule things last minute on vacation (which is precisely what I tried to avoid), so I highly doubt this gets done, especially with Leru.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)