Tournament NUPL VIII Commencement

Hey, so under a week ago I was approached by Quite Quiet , the host of this tournament, asking if I'd be able to manage this year around. Obviously, my answer was a yes. I enjoy these tournaments, and am very passionate about the NU community, despite the leadership attempting to force me out time and time again.
[2020-03-26]
[23:20:39] Quite Quiet: do you plan to manage with the same team as last year/have the same co-manager or have you came up with different plans
[23:20:53] banks: i plan to manage the klinks again
[23:20:58] banks: eternally doesnt wanna manage afaik
[23:21:05] banks: so i might find a new co
[23:21:12] Quite Quiet: ah
What disheartens me even more is that less than a week later, I find out, after previously being asked out of nowhere if I'd be managing, that I am no longer a choice for manager. Now I'd truly understand this if I'd previously had terrible runs in NUPL, but I've managed once and achieved last place. I'm passionate about managing for a section's premier league, whose leadership clearly doesn't want me here.

I'm told that I'm not a better choice than any of the managers, which makes no sense. I have lacking results every year, I've shown little interest to this community time and time again. The only thing that's happened since that QQ PM a week ago, is me questioning the format selection of the tournament. This understandably put Eternally in kind of an awkward position, which he got a lot of criticism for, so he flipped his position and allowed the managers to decide.

If it wasn't clear enough, The leadership always intended to include me prior to our disagreement over formats. Here is TI Eternally me in choosing the art for the tournament lol. Why would he do this if he planned to exclude me. It makes no sense. It was a last second decision, in which he let personal biases get in the way of.

I don't blame QQ for this at all, since I'm sure it was 100% QQ's intention to initially include me in this tournament, but Eternally in all his great wisdom, after being forced to argue with the community, decided last second to exclude me. If I'd done something wrong, I'd also understand this, but I haven't. I've just been shafted, because I dared to disagree with Eternally on anything. Thank you for reading.

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I commissioned a friend of mine to do a cool logo for the team and wanted to show it off. She did an outrageously good job, and in a short amount of time too considering I asked her yesterday. She doesn't have a Smogon account, but, if anyone is inclined to, you can follow her on Instagram and DeviantArt. She's really good at this stuff as you can see!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)