Tournament NUPL VIII Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
[insert cool banner here]
Deadline: Sunday, May 10th @ 11:59pm GMT -5
Standings

Reminder to everyone: Game 1 of the Bo3 has to be played in SS NU. Game 2 and 3 are decided by the loser.

:ss/sneasel: vs :ss/arctozolt:
Sjneiders Sneasels (5) vs The Pablo Zolts (2)
SS NU: Jrdn vs snaga
SS NU: ict vs TDK
USUM NU: yeezyknows vs Santu
ORAS NU: Skelos vs lax
BW NU: Insult vs SPACE FORCE meeps
DPP NU: brewfasa vs ima
ADV NU: Triangles vs Earthworm
Bo3: Sjneider vs FLCL

:ss/vivillon: vs :ss/kingler:
The Vibrant Vivillons (4) vs The Krusty Krabs (4)
SS NU: gorex vs Ho3nConfirm3d
SS NU: vivalospride vs Rabia
USUM NU: Gefährlicher Random vs Jytcampbell
ORAS NU: Star vs honchkrow
BW NU: rozes vs bugzinator
DPP NU: Expulso vs Staxi
ADV NU: Hogg vs M Dragon
Bo3: Eternally vs Finchinator

:ss/musharna: vs :ss/samurott:
The Moneymaker Musharnas (5) vs The Sacred Samurotts (3)
SS NU: ggggd vs Tricking
SS NU: Confide vs Averardo
USUM NU: Count Riario vs 0NI
ORAS NU: Luck O' the Irish vs Ren-chon
BW NU: Raichy vs HJAD
DPP NU: Heysup vs Bughouse
ADV NU: Raseri vs Watchog
Bo3: Feliburn vs Osh

:ss/clefairy: vs :ss/piloswine:
The Clefairy Coalition (5) vs The Pile of Swines (3)
SS NU: TonyFlygon vs Gondra
SS NU: Enzo Gorlami vs Jarii
USUM NU: robjr vs Eternal Spirit
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs Ajna
BW NU: Chill Shadow vs Kushalos
DPP NU: Sinkyr vs Alkione
ADV NU: Disjunction vs HSA
Bo3: soulgazer vs Garay oak

If I made a mistake please contact me asap. Good luck everyone!​

Last edited:

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
sure I'm fine w/ cutting out the meme-y bad-mouthing, my b if y'all genuinely took offense from it

as requested by at least TWO whole users, I am here to drop the spoilers to this week's NUPL

Sjneiders Sneasels (4) vs The Pablo Zolts (3)
SS NU: Jrdn vs snaga - if I keep bolding jrdn surely he'll bring something fun eventually right
SS NU: ict vs TDK - I don't know here, neither have been bad, neither have been particularly strong either. I probably would give a .0001 edge to ict, but honestly I don't have strong feelings about this one
USUM NU: yeezyknows vs Santu - both have looked very strong, slight edge to the man who knows because I remember him being more successful overall in this tier than Santu
ORAS NU: Skelos vs lax - lax has made easy work of the ORAS field this NUPL good lord. Skelos is one of the better ORAS players in the pool, and while I'm favoring lax here I would not be surprised to see Skelos remind everyone who he is.
BW NU: Insult vs SPACE FORCE meeps - SPACE FORCE meeps
DPP NU: brewfasa vs ima - ima finally got a W last week, but brewfasa has looked extremely dominant save for the loss to Sinkyr. I don't see why his dominance would stop here
ADV NU: Triangles vs Earthworm - this matchup is a weird one because Earthworm is living up to his CPL tendencies of "start 0-2 and then win", and I still don't know what to make of Triangles just coming in and being lossless so far. I'm gonna favor Triangles here just because his hot streak has been going on for longer, but realistically the pirate isn't much of an underdog here in my eyes
Bo3: Sjneider vs FLCL - I feel FLCL has an edge in both ORAS and SM, although SS is probably neider favored and I can see him winning that and carrying momentum into an SM win

The Moneymaker Musharnas (1) vs The Sacred Samurotts (7)
SS NU: ggggd vs Tricking - Both are coming off of losses, but I trust Tricking as a player more.
SS NU: Confide vs Averardo - even coming off of a loss I think Averardo can rebound fine here
USUM NU: Count Riario vs 0NI - I just feel like 0NI is gonna bring something Riario doesn't even bother to prepare for because that's sort of 0NI's specialty
ORAS NU: Luck O' the Irish vs Ren-chon - Irish has looked fairly pedestrian so far, and I don't think it gets any better here, not with the support Ren-chon has
BW NU: Raichy vs HJAD - Raichy hasn't been getting all too much playtime this NUPL and although HJAD hasn't been as impressive as I thought he'd be, I trust him to right the ship here
DPP NU: Heysup vs Bughouse - I can't bring myself to guess against goatsup in this tier
ADV NU: Raseri vs Watchog - I love ras; I don't love this matchup for him. I'm sure he's been helping neomon test some, but I feel Watchog is probably more in the flow of things here, and he's looked overall solid so far
Bo3: Feliburn vs Osh - feli takes ss and osh probably takes sm because that's literally what he does. I can't recall either player looking particularly amazing in ORAS, but I'm gonna favor Osh because I think he has better support there at least

The Clefairy Coalition (6) vs The Pile of Swines (2)
SS NU: TonyFlygon vs Gondra - everyone knew this was the prediction here, but I'll add a bit more commentary than just "GONDRA IN NUPL KEKW XD". Gondra is 0-9 dating back to last NUPL. Yes, he is a very, very good player, there's no questioning that. But there is plenty of room for questioning a) his motivation in this tournament and b) the support he's getting from his team to set him on the right track. I couldn't tell you what the problem is, especially because this isn't just a this NUPL deal, but until he gets a win---a convincing one at that---I am going to struggle to justify bolding him. That combined with the fact the clefs have looked solid in SS for several weeks now leads me to think Tony is gonna claim another one.
SS NU: Enzo Gorlami vs Jarii - p much the same deal with the above except without the gondra bit
USUM NU: robjr vs Eternal Spirit - don't really know much about either player, rob has a better record so I guess I'll go with him here
ORAS NU: qsns vs Ajna - I can't speak for either of these players' familiarity with ORAS, but qsns has gone 2-0 whereas ajna has gone 1-1. I'm just favoring the better record here
BW NU: Chill Shadow vs Kushalos - Chill Shadow is extremely motivated and it shows; he has looked incredible so far, and I don't think swapping Kushalos into this slot is going to be what stops him.
DPP NU: Sinkyr vs crayon pop - losing to brewfasa doesn't really harm my opinion of crayon pop; he's looked overall pretty solid, and while I trust Sinkyr in this slot I think crayon has a slight edge
ADV NU: Disjunction vs HSA - I legitimately have never seen HSA play this tier, but given what Triangles has done I cannot count him out. I know Disjunction is motivated to get a win, so hopefully that carries him here
Bo3: soulgazer vs Garay oak - this is gonna be really close and I don't feel particularly confident hedging my guesses in any slot. slight edge to garay because he's overall been better this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)