Tournament NUPL X - Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader

NUPL X Info Hub
NUPL X Spreadsheet

Week 5

MF PLOOMS (4) vs (4) The Malding Machamps
SS: zS vs Star
SS: mncmt vs Floss
SS: gum vs Xiri
SM: avarice vs robjr
ORAS: Spl4sh vs Chaitanya
BW: Togkey vs ninjadog
DPP: Beraldinho vs tlenit
ADV: Raichy vs ziloXX

The Moneymaker Musharnas (2) vs (5) Vibrant Vivillons
SS: Confide vs Pokeslice
SS: GXE vs Sabella
SS: pdt vs xavgb
SM: Raptor vs lax
ORAS: Kiyo vs crying
BW: suapah vs shiloh
DPP: vivalospride vs Staxi
ADV: Jisoo vs Rabia

The Holy Heliolisks (5) vs (3) Catacomb Cacturnes
SS: Kushalos vs Danny
SS: OranBerryBlissey10 vs ArcticBreeze
SS: turtledoggo1 vs jonfilch
SM: Alpha Rabbit vs EviGaro
ORAS: etern vs Bouff
BW: Annoyer vs roxiee
DPP: HSOWA vs Ara
ADV: Plas vs The Goomy

Tailor-made Talonflames (3) vs (5) The Freedom Frogadiers
SS: Oathkeeper vs GW
SS: Elias PSY vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d
SS: GoldCat vs Davon
SM: Clementine vs EternalSnowman
ORAS: Shaneghoul vs PrinceOfAllTacos
BW: Bughouse vs Links
DPP: Heysup vs Drud
ADV: Triangles vs JabbaTheGriffin
MF PLOOMS (0) vs (0) The Malding Machamps
SS: zS vs Star
SS: mncmt vs Floss
SS: gum vs Xiri
SM: avarice vs robjr
ORAS: Spl4sh vs Chaitanya
DPP: Beraldinho vs tlenit

The Moneymaker Musharnas (0) vs (0) Vibrant Vivillons
SS: Confide vs Pokeslice
SS: GXE vs Sabella
SS: pdt vs xavgb
SM: Raptor vs lax
ORAS: Kiyo vs crying
BW: suapah vs shiloh
DPP: vivalospride vs Staxi
ADV: Jisoo vs Rabia

The Holy Heliolisks (0) vs (0) Catacomb Cacturnes
SS: Kushalos vs Danny
SS: OranBerryBlissey10 vs ArcticBreeze
SS: turtledoggo1 vs jonfilch
SM: Alpha Rabbit vs EviGaro
ORAS: etern vs Bouff
DPP: HSOWA vs Ara

Tailor-made Talonflames (0) vs (0) The Freedom Frogadiers
SS: Oathkeeper vs GW
SS: Elias PSY vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d
SS: GoldCat vs Davon
SM: Clementine vs EternalSnowman
ORAS: Shaneghoul vs PrinceOfAllTacos
DPP: Heysup vs Drud

Deadline is 10pm on Sunday, GMT-4. HF​

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader

Two of the stronger BW competitors. ninjadog does a great job commanding every single BW tier he participates in, which says a lot for someone who comes from fairygens, while Togkey has seemlessly transitioned to one of the faces of more modern BW NU, shaping some of the more recent trends. I side with Togkey because his teams have a more personal feel, which definitely helps with his piloting. Should be close though, highlight for me.

BW: suapah vs shiloh vs deadgame

roxiee can definitely play a couple of NU generations, including BW, but Annoyer is an old legend of this metagame and I ranked him pretty high on the PR prior to the tour. The tier has changed, but not a ton and he seemed to adapt to whatever shifts may have impacted him with the 3-0 start, even winning a laugher in the middle. I also think the environment with meri-renchon as managers is probably conducive to him caring, too. roxiee is a good opponent, but going to have to see some risks in the builder or battle to really overcome the experience difference.

Bughouse is a metagamer with years of success in tournaments on this scale while Links is a more modern metagamer with less starting experience. Bughouse, as perhaps expected, has managed to win a couple and hold his own comfortably thus far. Links is still looking to get on the board though as his hopes to translate strong metagame reads and building experience into tournament success just have not worked out yet. I can see this being his week, but I think it's more likely to come against someone less experienced, which may be harder to come by in this pool depending on the schedule.

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader

zilo has had a very weird tour. Their first two weeks I feel they were very much just "click clicking," but their win last week looked a good bit cleaner than their previous games. Meanwhile, Raichy has not had a great tour but is generally playing closer and better games. This one is sort of a crapshoot for me, but I'm gonna lean Raichy because I think across the tour he's played better so far.

Plas is very motivated to start winning games, and I'm unsure why The Goomy has been slotted in a tier that he's most definitely played maybe one room tour of in his life. Even if Arctic helps at all with prep work, I feel that Plas should still have a noted advantage just off experience alone.

Record wise, Triangles has fallen at least a bit short of expectations, but his games have still looked clean overall on his end. Jabba, meanwhile, is performing about according to where he was ranked at the beginning of the tournament. This is where I'd imagine Triangles starts his winning-out streak, assuming he doesn't get cheesed by some aggressive offense.

Aawin

whole lotta vibes in the city
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
NUPL Champion
Baller predicts from yours truly

The Moneymaker Musharnas (4) vs (3) Vibrant Vivillons
SS: Confide vs Pokeslice- Confide is generally better but Pokeslice has played pretty well so far, beating OnArceus with the biggest nuts t1 of all time and OBB10. Could be relatively close but edge to Confide
SS: GXE vs Sage - I think GXE is slightly better
SS: pdt vs xavgb- Stresh has yet to win a game
SM: Raptor vs lax- lax is probably better
ORAS: Kiyo vs crying - The kid roasted me in his NU Snake II teamdump and crying is my teammate in BDSPPL and is cracked. Fuck you kiyo (respectfully)
BW: suapah vs shiloh - if this game even happens, I think it's pretty even? suapah is off to a strong start at 2-0 in the last two weeks, and shiloh is 2-2 with wins over some of the stronger bwers in this pool.
DPP: vivalospride vs Staxi - Staxi has yet to win a game
ADV: Jisoo vs Rabia - bold predict here against probably one of the best advers in recent memory (6-0 last NUPL, like 6-3 I think in snake II), Rabia pulls some dingdong horseshit and wins 1-0

The Holy Heliolisks (5) vs (1) Catacomb Cacturnes
SS: Kushalos vs Danny - Danny hasn't had the undefeated tour that you would expect from a 16.5k price tag, but is coming off of a win vs OnArceus so that might give him motivation. Kush is generally solid and hard to bold against, looking forward to this match.
SS: OranBerryBlissey10 vs ArcticBreeze - Why is Arctic not in ADV LOL he's 4-0. OBB10 has had a nicer tour so far in the Sword and Shield pool
SS: turtledoggo1 vs jonfilch - Turt is undefeated rn but I think jon is a solid pilot and can end the reign of the doggo1turt
SM: Alpha Rabbit vs EviGaro - Evi is better
ORAS: etern vs Bouff - etern has a slight edge here but I think it's probably closer than you think, both are 2-2 but etern has played SM more in this tour :P
BW: Annoyer vs roxiee - both are 3-1 but I think Annoyer is more adaptable and less prone to tilt
DPP: HSOWA vs Ara - could see this going either way but HSOWA is my BDSPPL teammate, and much like crying, is fundamentally cracked at the video game.
ADV: Plas vs The Goomy - if this was Plas vs Arctic, the Cacturnes would get another bold but it's not so yeah. Plas more committed to this tier

Tailor-made Talonflames (5) vs (3) The Freedom Frogadiers (Houston Texans vs Atlanta Falcons, let's be real)
SS: OnArceus vs GW - OnArceus is not only good at the game, but the luckiest motherfucker of all time so he's gonna get some very crucial hax, GW will go Grown Whiner mode during the battle and lose bc of it
SS: Elias PSY vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d - Elias has brought the heat sets so far to varying degrees of success, and I feel Ho3n's builds are mostly bullshit proof.
SS: GoldCat vs Davon - Davon is better
SM: Clementine vs EternalSnowman - Could be closer than expected but I think ESM is marginally better
ORAS: Shaneghoul vs PrinceOfAllTacos - Shane is back! Had some up and down success so far and shitloads of luck vs Spl4sh, but I think he wins this pretty handily
BW: Bughouse vs Links - Bughouse has had a better tour
DPP: Heysup vs Drud - Drud smells like shit and is a horrendous BDSPPL manager
ADV: Triangles vs JabbaTheGriffin - Triangles has played some pretty clean games so far and I imagine they want to polish it up for the Talon's longshot comeback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)