Tournament NUPL XI - Semi Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
NUPL XI Info Hub
NUPL XI Commencement
Sheet

Welcome to the Semi Finals of NUPL XI! Good luck to everyone left.

:piloswine: Pabloswines (4) vs. (6) Tailor-made Talonflames :talonflame:
SV: snaga vs. Elias PSY
SV: Bouff vs. Tuthur
SV: Guille vs. rom1x38
SS: Mashing vs. dunoks
SM: Santu vs. robjr
ORAS: tko vs. Chaitanya
BW: watashi vs. Bughouse
DPP: Real FV13 vs. HSOWA
ADV: ima vs. PichuFlash
Bo3: Garay oak vs. Clementine

:vileplume: MF PLOOMS (6) vs. (4) Freedom Frogadiers :frogadier:
SV: kythr vs. Floss
SV: Beraldo vs. GW
SV: DugZa vs. tlenit
SS: OranBerryBlissey10 vs. Xiri
SM: ishtar vs. Splash
ORAS: Chloe vs. quziel
BW: Elfuseon vs. poh
DPP: fatty vs. vivalospride
ADV: SuperEpicAmpharos vs. LpZ
Bo3: zS vs. Thiago Nunes

Pabloswines (0) vs. (0) Tailor-made Talonflames
SV: snaga vs Elias PSY
SV: Bouff vs Tuthur
SV: Guille vs rom1x38
SS: Accel vs dunoks
SM: Santu vs robjr
ORAS: tko vs Chaitanya
BW: watashi vs Bughouse
DPP: Real FV13 vs HSOWA
ADV: ima vs PichuFlash
Bo3: Garay oak vs Clementine

MF PLOOMS (0) vs. (0) Freedom Frogadiers
SV: kythr vs Floss
SV: Beraldo vs GW
SV: DugZa vs tlenit
SS: OranBerryBlissey10 vs Xiri
SM: ishtar vs Splash
ORAS: Chloe vs quziel
BW: Elfuseon vs poh
DPP: fatty vs vivalospride
ADV: SuperEpicAmpharos vs LpZ
Bo3: zS vs Thiago Nunes

The deadline is 10:00 PM GMT-4 on Sunday, July 9th. No extensions. Please schedule promptly.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Luck O' the Irish

banned in dc
is a Tiering Contributor
THE MUSHARNAS MADE PLAYOFFS, VERY CONVINCINGLY! IT WASN’T UNTIL OATHKEEPER AND GW HARVESTED MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL ACT WINS (COURTESY OF “CROOKED” SHILOH, AND “SHIFTY” AAWIN) THAT THIS WAS EVER IN DOUBT! THIS “RIGGED” TOUR IS A JOKE, AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT!

Thiago Nunes

penguin council
RUPL Champion
Pabloswines (6) vs. (4) Tailor-made Talonflames :talonflame:

SV: snaga (55) vs. (45) Elias PSY - it is not common to bold a 1-2 player instead of a 6-1 player, but in this case I think it is valid. Elias had an almost perfect run, one of the best I've ever seen from him, beating very strong players like kythr and danny, really a player who deserves to be highlighted in this tournament. Snaga's losses also came from great players, so you can't put him down for that. Despite the scores, I believe that experience weighs heavily in games like this, and what snaga doesn't lack is experience in NUPL (by the way, experience is the biggest strength of pablos since I've been following). Therefore, although elias's run is really incredible and he is a player with enormous potential, snaga has a greater chance of winning.

SV: Bouff (40) vs. (60) Tuthur - actually, before making these predictions, I didn't know tuthur well, but seeing that he already won vs bouff in w1, looking at his 5-2 and watching his great game vs arce9 last week, I think he has a good chance of bringing the victory for the talonflames. On the other hand, bouff is a very solid player and for sure if there is any slip up from Tuthur (which would not be uncommon given the difference in experience between them) he will take control of the game and win the match, probably the game I am most curious for this week.

SV: Guille (70) vs. (30) rom1x38 - tough to imagine a different scenario from this prediction, it's a 3-1 player vs a 0-3 player, ngl I don't know the talonflames player, I watched his replays during nupl and he's not a bad player by any means, but I do think guille's gameplay its better and more stable, in addition to having seen him in other tournaments with a good performance.

SS: Accel (40) vs. (60) dunoks - both faced the tough SS pool, they didn't do amazingly but they didn't disappoint either, dunoks has been establishing himself as an SS player in lower tiers tournaments and I believe that in the most current gens (8 and 9) he has an advantage over accel. Although once again the experience is on the side of the pablos, I see the more aggressive gameplay of dunoks beating accel's solid gameplay. (lets go accel u the goat man)

SM: Santu (65) vs. (35) robjr - if I had to say the toughest player I've ever faced, it would certainly be Santu. He is a player with a rlly rlly great understanding of the game and a mu 50/50 against him is a 40/60 and his 4-0 proves that well. On the other hand, rob is one of the best teammates you can have, he is always available to play different tiers and is a great player who you can never predict 0-100, since his focus on preparing and getting around difficult situations is very high. Odds are greater for Santu, but rob is used to surprise (tbh due to his level, its not a big surprise if he wins too).

ORAS: tko (20) vs. (80) Chaitanya - chaitanya is probably the best player in the lower tiers of ORAS in general, while apparently tko hasn't gotten used to the tier very well yet, I think it's the most unbalanced matchup in these semifinals.

BW: watashi (65) vs. (35) Bughouse - despite being the bughouse's first game in BW NU in this tournament, it doesn't change much because he has been playing the tier for a long time. Anyway, I think the experience of both in BW NU is similar, but watashi's gameplay is significantly better and the main way to try to balance this difference is the effort in building between bughouse and goldcat.

DPP: Real FV13 (45) vs. (55) HSOWA - most balanced matchup of talons vs swines, where what differs its just their fight in week 1. Both have a lot of experience, they prep etc etc, I do appreciate the gameplay of realfv a bit more, but I see the knowledge of hsowa in DPP NU as much deeper. A little inclined towards hsowa due to his experience in the tier.

ADV: ima (65) vs. (35) PichuFlash -
I know almost nothing about adv, but the ima score is great, in addition to being a consolidated player with great experience, I watched pichu's games and he has enough knowledge for the tier, but I think pablos' gameplay in this mu it will weigh as much as in bw.

Bo3: Garay oak (75) vs. (25) Clementine - both have good scores, with clementine surprising and bringing very important wins to the talons against great opponents like zS and crying. Despite this, garay is a similar case to santu, with a rlly strong gameplay and he also has a much greater understanding of tiers than clem due to his presence in past nupls.

congratulations to the talons for the poffs and to oath who brought relatively unknown or unconsolidated players in NU to achieve such good scores, gj guys, good luck to both teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)