April the Aipom.
Luna the Drowsee.
Rockette the Graveller.

UNIMPORTANT THINGS DEAD:

Bird Brain the Pidgey.
Flit the Spearow.
Batgirl the Zubat.
Tuber the Bellsprout.
Red Gyarados (My shiny Electabuzz took it down in one shot)
Possibly something else.

CURRENT TEAM:

Elisa the level 34 Shiny Electabuzz.
Caron the level 35 Togetic
Sarah the level 35 Slowpoke.
Marcus the level 34 Feraligatr.
Sagely the level 34 Noctowl.
Vulcan the level 41 ENTEI!

EDIT: Anundril, if you see a pokemon on a route, and faint it, then that route can never be used for catching. Unless you go by no repeats and it is a repeat, but still, first new encounter.

Sorry if it's hard to read, the original is almost 8000 pixels high so they might have squished things down a bit.

In this episode, DRAMA!

I'll edit later with previous installments & current stats. I stayed up too late to deal with it now

Team:
Greebo(Marowak)Level 30, Male
Chiroux(Monferno)Level 30, Male
Magic(Gyardos) Level 26, Female
Zoe(Crowbat)Level 28, Female
Gaffe(Girafarig)Level 26, Female
Adapta(Shellos) Level 26, Female

Dead:
Beauty(Budew)
Sylvi(Beautifly)

I swear, the ghost of Nuzlocke must be in calhoots with Arceus to stop me from playing these.

PAST CHALLANGES:

Yellow, Ruby, Emerald, Leaf Green. All lost their data.

Yesterday, I beat the Elite four in Crystal without losing anyone (Shinybuzz got to the level it learns Thunderbolt at, he raped everything.). I had this team.

Marcus the Feraligatr: Surf, Ice Punch, EQ, Cut. (level 46)
Vulcan the Entei: Strength, Ember, Dig, Iron Tail. (level 45)
Caron the Togetic: Fly, Headbutt, Shadow Ball, Mud Slap. (level 46)
Sagely the Noctowl: Fly, Take Down, Hypnosis, Confusion (level 45)
Sarah the Slowbro: Surf, Confusion, Ice Punch, Headbutt. (level 45)
Elisa the Shiny Electabuzz: Thunderbolt (It was T-Punch before that though), Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Dizzy Punch (level 47)

I backed up the save state, and logged off for the night.

So today, my computor gets a virus, and I roll back a few days. Meaning I lost everything.

i'm attempting the Nuzlocke challenge on FireRed, using KB and moot's rules, with the exception of the switch-out rule until I reach lvl20 with any of my pokemon. also, i use TMs and HMs during my playthrough, as HMs are required, and TMs are helpful.

pokemon i am using atm:
Yggdrasil the Bulbasaur - lvl 14
Echidna the Mankey - lvl 15
The Fungi the Paras - lvl 8
Larry the Magikarp - lvl 10

dead:
Simon the Beedrill - lvl 11
Ten the Pidgey - lvl 3

i am currently in Mt. Moon. will most likely draw a comic for my FireRed adventure ;D.

also, i have a question. the rule about the "new area" in the towns in moot's rule post, does that mean, for instance, in Celedon City, i could get both the Eevee and a Poliwhirl from the water area next to the Game Corner? just trying to clear that up, sorry if its been asked before.

also, i have a question. the rule about the "new area" in the towns in moot's rule post, does that mean, for instance, in Celedon City, i could get both the Eevee and a Poliwhirl from the water area next to the Game Corner? just trying to clear that up, sorry if its been asked before.
It's up to you. Some people (including me) are not counting Pokemon you receive without catching them. So if you are lucky enough to get an Abra, you can trade it for Mr. Mime on Route 2 even if you have already caught a Pokemon on Route 2 in the grass. Also, the Eevee you speak of, along with things like the free eggs you get handed in some games, etc., are all independent of anything. Basically the "one Pokemon per area" rule only applies to throwing a Poke Ball and watching it shake.

Others are much harsher about it and say that you must release or permanently box any of these "gift" Pokemon and/or that you can't do the ingame trades. This is definitely the "hardcore" option, and it seems to be the one the original comic was using as near as I can tell. It's entirely up to you, though.

hey, so i decided to do a MS Paint comic for my playthrough. any suggestions for improving the comic are welcome, as i've never done a comic before. if anyone actually likes it, i'll keep going lol. the "art" doesn't reflect my actual ability as i made this with the mouse in the middle of the keyboard(you know the one). perhaps i'll get a tablet for later comics and such. and yeah, i did use one potion. get at me >w<

http://www.truerakuko.blogspot.com

anyway, an update:

alive:
team:
Yggdrasil the Ivysaur - lvl 22
Echidna the Mankey - lvl 21
Larry the Gyarados - lvl 20
Tori the Pidgey - lvl 20

boxes:
Raven the Pidgey - lvl 13

dead:
Simon the Beedrill - lvl 11
Ten the Pidgey - lvl 3
The Fungi the Paras - lvl 9
Maya the Drowzee - lvl 16
Lanette the Diglett - lvl 20

SS Anne atm. Lanette died just now(damn you Raticate). Lt.Surge is......gonna be tough.

okay, Res, that sounds good. probably gonna go for the non-hardcore playthrough seeing as i already took off the switching between pokemon thing in battles.

and goddamn, mattman, that really sucks. >.> maybe Arceus wants you to stop....

I started on Diamond.
The name be Vortex, the rival's name be Derren. He is an over-excited dick. So we went to the lake because of the Gyarados and there was nothing but a briefcase and some angry Starly. Ooh. So an epic battle ensued, I sent forth a mossy tortoise from a pokeball in the briefcase, my friend sending out a burning chimp.
Alas the impish green thing won, and an old man said some things and it was intimidating so I went home and explianed everything to my uninterested mother.
I went to "apologise" to the old berk, training up the ridicuous tortoise who I nicknamed Benji, as I like to imagine him speaking in a Jamaican accent.
Then I got some balls and caught a red bug in a jacket called Bugsy after the infamous bug guy who had the ridiculous scyther with its ridiculous attacks and the u-turning and the rap music... Bugsy likes to bide his time and is a quirky fellow, he deserves a grand moustache.

Benji, Turtwig Level 9
Impish
Tackle
Withdraw
Absorb

Bugsy, Kricketot Level 5
Quirky
Bide
Growl

Alright, who's the wise guy who banned me from #nuzlocke? I didn't do anything wrong!

Anyway, I'm about to challange Red in my Crystal file. My team is only level 55, but they have good moves, and Red sucks, so I have a good chance.

I might try this. Am I allowed to beat any amount of Wild Pokemon I encounter? Also, if I encounter say, a Bidoof in route x, I'm forced to catch it right? What if the first encounter in future routes is a repeat Pokemon like Bidoof? Do I still have to catch it? And do you use as many PokeBalls as it takes to catch them, or just one/two?

I might try this. Am I allowed to beat any amount of Wild Pokemon I encounter? Also, if I encounter say, a Bidoof in route x, I'm forced to catch it right? What if the first encounter in future routes is a repeat Pokemon like Bidoof? Do I still have to catch it? And do you use as many PokeBalls as it takes to catch them, or just one/two?
yes, yes, and i believe you have to catch it unless you're playing by the "no repeats" rule. which kinda helps somewhat. and there hasn't been a limit on how many pokeballs you can use as far as I know. although that rule would just be lame.

would anyone like to see a comiced version of my nuzlocke challange in HG?

I am three badges in and have 4 team deaths >.< but it certainly has been interesting.

Agreed, rakuko.

(Behind Matt, Marcus is seen holding Vulcan the Entei and Elisa the Shiny Electabuzz. Matt is holding Caron the Togekiss, and his Snorlax, who's name is Laxative, is holding Sagely the Noctowl, Sarah the Slowbro, Spiderman the Spinarak, and Rockette the Gravveller).

Rest in peace, guys...

Now, I'm starting up a Platinum run. There have been some good RNG moments (BOLD Starly anyone?) and some trollish ones (I had a Female Rivalry, -attack shinx. Then it died because Tackle missed.), but it's... OK so far.

DA TEAM:

Don't quite remember everything. I'll update later. :)

So I got to Jubilife and chased some clowns and went to a school of abra's, then I got myself a lion cub, by the name of Leo. A lax fellow, who hates other males with a passion... probably has low self esteem. I also missed catching a strange red fish, and i didn't want to waste more than one ball on it. During some battles Bugsy evolved, now complete with a moustache and sharp scythes. In a nearby cave, a ravaged place i must say, we came upon a rock with arms. His name is Fiddy, a modest chap, but still with enough attack to destroy anyone in his path. NOW, TO OREBOROROROUGHOROUGH!

I decided to take on the challenge on my brothers Pokemon Fire Red. Even if the comic isn't good I think that I will still continue it because of the 'artistic' challenge that the comic presents. I am absolutely enthralled by nuzlockes comics so don't be surprised if I use some of his techniques.

Chapter 1: Nostalgia

As soon as I get a scanner and have set it up I will post my comics, but for now I'll just tell you where I'm at.

In the game I have just beaten Maylene (have my fourth badge).

My current team consists of:
Pingu (Prinplup) lvl30
Hector (Heracross) lvl28 (exp. Share being held)
Joseph (Staravia) lvl31
Casper (Haunter) lvl 32
Harry (Kadabra) lvl 22
Buster (Gyarados) lvl25 (lucky egg being held)

BOXED:
Prancer (Ponyta) lvl 15
Junior (Mime Jr.) lvl 16

DEAD (can't remember levels):
Shinx (Vince)
Chansey (Kevin)
Zubat (x2) (Useless & Unwanted)
Psyduck (Headache)
Shellos (Shelly)
Geodude (Rocky)
Machop (Michael)

In the comic I am just about to start my battle with the galactic boss/executive (or w/e) Jupiter in order to get back the bike shop owner's Clefairy.

I'm doing this now. Really, once you get a decent few pokemon you're off to the races. It's hardest at start up, I'd think.

I'm doing FR and have myself a charizard, Vileplume, Vaporeon and Haunter and am Eying up maybe dodrio for style points as well as anything decent from the safari zone. Have Hitmonlee and butterfree in back up as well as about 10 thousand pidgeys. Stupid fucks.

I nominate my name for voltorb as the best name so far. "D. Diamond", for Dustin Diamond, because the dex indicates that voltorb likes to SCREECH.

We beat Derren easily, Leo took on the burning monkey and little bird. Got myself a blind bat, called Xena, she seems adamant to win battles. Through the Orebourourorough gate we marched, meeting Derren yet again, thankfully not for a battle. Apparently there is a gym leader in this town by the name of Roark who was in the mine. So we went to the mine and lo and behold a huge rock snake attacked us. She was caught and named Roxe, her defence will come in useful. Now for operation grindforce.

I have played Platinum. I tried it with Chimchar.

THAT FUCKING CRANIADOS IS EVIL! EEEVIL I SAY!
I KNOW RIGHT

CRITICAL HEADBUTT
potion
CRITICAL HEADBUTT
potion
Switch Pokemon
PURSUIT

FUCK

I would have a Roserade by now but nooooooo

Edit: While I'm here I'll post my junk

Alive:
Zoe(Crobat) Lvl. 33, female.
Greebo(Marowak) Lvl. 33, male.
Ohme(Meditite) Lvl. 33, female.
Chiroux(Monferno) Lvl. 33, male.
Natasha(Leafeon) Lvl. 33, female.
Adapta(Gastrodon) Lvl. 33, female.

Dead:
Beauty(Budew)
Sylvi(Beautifly)
Magic(Gyarados)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)