odd things you saw

MAMP

MAMP!
Today at the bus stop by the mall there was a guy sitting on a bench, tearing images of people out of a newspaper, and barking. The barks were very convincing: I was looking around for a dog for ages before I realised they were coming from a person. I’m not sure if the barking was a compulsion, like Tourette’s, or if he was just doing it out of excitement, but he had a huge grin on his face as he ripped up the sheets, delicately removing pictures of politicians and celebrities. It seemed practiced and familiar. This was clearly a regular activity for him. When he had torn out an image he put it into a plastic bag at his feet, and he did the same with the sheets that didn’t have pictures, which he folded with care. His appearance and mannerisms otherwise seemed entirely normal — his hair was cut neatly and he wore clean blue jeans and a plain black jacket, and he looked up at each bus that passed by as though checking to see if it was the one he was waiting for. But he never got on a bus. At one point he just suddenly put his newspaper into the plastic bag, gathered his things, and walked off. I’ve been thinking about him all day.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
by my uni campus there were these protests (i call them protests ostensibly) that were very strictly against male circumcision. im talking surprisingly large crowds of people, more than you would expect for this sort of thing; men and women, with signs letting me know that i should regain my foreskin as quickly as possible. these demonstrators quickly encompassed busy roads and intersections over the course of like a week. they also wore some unsavory costumes. look up anti circumcision protests or something if you are more curious.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
by my uni campus there were these protests (i call them protests ostensibly) that were very strictly against male circumcision. im talking surprisingly large crowds of people, more than you would expect for this sort of thing; men and women, with signs letting me know that i should regain my foreskin as quickly as possible. these demonstrators quickly encompassed busy roads and intersections over the course of like a week. they also wore some unsavory costumes. look up anti circumcision protests or something if you are more curious.
Ending anything with “look up X for more info” makes me automatically assume it’s some blue waffles type trick

MAMP

MAMP!
Near the pedestrian crossing outside the movie theatre, a man with hair covering his face was playing showtunes on a bass guitar, busking. A woman walking by leaned down and placed a glass bottle of sweet chilli sauce in his guitar case. He thanked her, visibly confused.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)