SM RU Offense ft. Z-Zygarde

|
|
|
|
|

Introduction

Hi, this is my RU team I've been using to some moderate success. I decided to build my team around a Dragon-Fairy-Steel offensive core featuring Dragonium-Z Zygarde-10% with the support of Banded Escavalier and Specs Gardevoir. They were the main core I wanted to build around as I really liked the power that all of these Mons have to offer and the cleaning power of Zydog. The other 3 were added to fill other roles I needed : a hazard remover, a hazard setter and a bulky Mon to counter the weaknesses of the team. I also wanted some way to compete with Trick Room, which I honestly hate battling against.

The Team

Dingo (Zygarde-10%) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

The main star of the team. Zydog is a great Pokemon in the RU tier, being a very fast and powerful sweeper and mid-game breaker. I usually run Choice Band on this Mon but decided to try a Z-Move variant that can blast through bulky Pokemon like Milotic that run rampant in the tier. The EV spread and Adamant Nature allows Zydog to do as much damage as possible, while outspeeding base 100 speed Pokemon such as Entei or non-Scarfed variants of Flygon and OHKOing them. At +1, it outspeeds common scarfers and can usually OHKO with neutral or super-effective coverage.

Jenna (Gardevoir) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick/Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Specs Gardevoir is a great special wallbreaker that can either do loads of damage or cripple defensive Mons with Trick. It's main role in the Fairy-Steel-Dragon core is breaking through physical walls that would otherwise give its partners a hard time. She especially useful against Scarfed Flygon as she can Trace levitate and be immune to its two STAB moves, forcing a switch. Hidden Power Fire is to deal with Escavalier upon switching in that otherwise counter her completely. She can also run Healing Wish, which can be situationally useful especially to heal up Zydog if he is badly poisoned and taken chip damage, however Trick is prefered for wallbreaking.

Ser Jaime (Escavalier) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Knock Off

The last part of my initial core is Banded Escavalier. With a whopping 405 Attack stat further boosted by Choice Band, Megahorn puts a big dent in nearly every single Mon in the tier. The set is standard, the speed allows me to outspeed the likes of Snorlax and Slowbro/king and either 2HKO or OHKO with Megahorn. Knock Off and Pursuit punish switches by either trapping Psychic and Ghost-type, or removing the switchin's item. Iron Head is a great secondary STAB that can flinch slower opponents in the event I face a Trick Room team. Even though there is some Speed investment, Escavalier is still slower than most other Trick Room abusers.

Sleeper (Snorlax) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Happiness: 0
EVs: 188 HP / 128 Def / 192 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Frustration
- Rest
- Earthquake

I love CurseLax. It is a great status absorber, Trick Room counter and win-con against unprepared teams. He also acts as a great Fire and Ice resist that can protect Zydog, Escavalier and Chestnaught. The EVs are from the standard set, maximizing my bulk and avoiding a 2HKO from Specs Gardevoir's Psyshock. I chose Earthquake over Sleep Talk to boost my coverage in the event that he has to sweep if Zydog is knocked out, and Frustration over Body Slam for more power. Spreading paralysis is not as useful because Zydog has the power to revenge kill with Extremespeed - or sweep if I'm allowed to set up DD boosts.

Spike (Chesnaught) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer
- Synthesis
- Drain Punch/Roar

My Spikes-setter and physical tank. I chose Rocky Helmet+Synthesis because I find it to be more reliable than Lefties and allows me to chip away at physical attackers. Drain Punch and Wood Hammer are strong STAB attacks that will either do a ton of damage or allow me to chip away while also healing myself. Roar is an option to stop most physical boosting Mons and to spread Spikes damage. I personally prefer a more offensive style so I usually run Drain Punch.

Leonardo (Blastoise-Mega) (M) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Last but not least, Mega-Blastoise is my offensive spinner. I really like the overage that is offered with Ice Beam, allowing me to damage offensive Grass and Dragon-types that may switch into a predicted Scald. I chose Scald over Hydro Pump for the great burn chance and because it is the only bulky Water on the team. Speed EVs allow him to outspeed Adamant Choice Band Tyrantrum, who can do a significant amount of damage to this team and OHKO with Ice Beam.

Bad Matchups
  • Tyrantrum : Scarfed Tyrantrum can sometimes be and issue. Chesnaught can take him on with Drain Punch but will suffer heavy damage. If he is knocked out, I can sack a Mon and KO with Blastoise as Outrage and Head-Smash do not OHKO from full HP. Banded variants often require a Mon to be sacked, then I can revenge-kill the next turn with Zydog.
  • Surprising or unlikely sets, such as Sub+Belly Drum+Salac Berry Chesnaught can't be stopped if they are allowed to set up - although their occurrences are rare.
I'll update this section if anything notable comes back to mind.

Closing Remarks
Thanks for checking out my RMT! Leave me some suggestions if you'd like and I will take them to heart.

Alright first thing that sticks out is no stealth rocks. It is needed on every singles team no matter what tier. I would recommend mega steel is over escavalier. If u want to keep M Blastoise l, u could run bronzong over chesnaught. If you have anymore questions let me know, thats all I can think of now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)