National Dex Offensive Mega Medicham team

[Mega Medicham Offense]
{Introduction}
I have played National Dex for quite a good amount of time but, I have never really made a team that I preferred using over most sample teams until I made this team. Offense is one of my favourite play styles and this team really embodied that. And so I thought I would drop this team here and get different opinions of it. The individual pokemon sets are mostly analyses sets with exception of just a little bit of modification to them in some pokemon.

[Team]

{Team Breakdown}

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

The team revolves around mega medicham, being a great wall breaker able to decimate a lot of defensive pokemon with it's great STAB and coverage in ice punch with the only downside being it's low bulk which makes it easily revenge killable. I personally like prefer it over other wall breakers as in once it gets in, it's most likely taking something out before it gets switched out again and so being able to pivot it in safely is a must have to make full use of it's power. It's able to heavily wound mega scizor although scizor threatens it with bullet punch if it's low enough and OHKO mega mawile, heatran fears it and melmetal doesn't stand a chance against it. Which all can pose a threat to the team if left unchecked.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-Wash is a very good compliment to medicham, being a great pivot to let medicham in while also being a great switch in against pokemon like mega swampert and mega scizor that can very much threaten medicham, it can come in on heatran with the possibility of volt switching to let mega medicham in. Will-O-Wisp is a vital threat to the likes of mega swampert and mega scizor, reducing the threat they both pose against the team. Pain split gives it longevity when it's the backbone for mega medicham's free entry.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog

Landorus is a very neat addition to the team, being able to set up stealth rock while also being the defogger for the team making it the hazard control here. Being a great physical tank and rocky helmet adding onto the chip damage, weakening the opposing team further and make it easier to sweep late game. U-turn generates momentum for the team which is also great for mega medicham.

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

Scarf kartana is a great late game sweeper with a lot of potential to turn the game around, making use of mega medicham's great wall breaking which if done correctly lets kartana sweep the opposing team without any problems. It is still a great revenge killer early game with the scarf letting it outspeed the likes of ash-gren and a fair amount of +1 mons like mega gyarados.

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Weavile fits magnificently here, due to it's great STAB and the fact that it is one of the only pursuit trappers in the tier which is really appreciated against something like slowbro which is an annoying check to mega medicham, while kartana is also able to deal with slowbro, weavile's pursuit makes it even more appreciated. It is also a check against mega latias and latios. It contrasts mega medicham really well where the pair are nearly able to remove any pokemon, being like day and night.

Melmetal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Melmetal, The real tank, The hex nut pokemon that weighs 800kg, having natural bulk and being the punching bag of the team, Assault vest adds to it's bulk making it a great switch in for tapu lele and kyurem, then hitting hard with it's great attack and wide coverage making it a great pokemon for this team. It's very good against fairy types like scarf lele which threatens medicham and weavile, and fini which is also another pain for the pair.

[Threat List]
I will be stating notable threats I have found while using the team, while it is winnable if played well, it was still a very big problem and something the team struggled against:
  • Mega Medicham: Ironically mega medicham is a bit of a problem for the team, it doesn't have any direct checks and mega medicham is able to 2HKO lando using ice punch after intimidate and even 2HKO rotom-wash using HJK while still at -1 atk, chipping at the entire team slowly.
  • Sun teams / Mega Char Y: a common weakness of the team through out half the pokemon is fire and char Y is evidence of that, able to 2HKO melmetal, lando. 2HKOs rotom using solar beam and lastly OHKOs kartana, weavile and mega medicham, making it have a guaranteed kill whenever it is able to switch in, although stealth rock weakens it heavily for it to be hard to switch in unless it has a safe switch and the opposing team has hazard control.
[Replays]
Here are some replays i got while playing ladder
Replay-1
Replay-2
Replay-3
I was able to reach peak 1700 on ladder like 2-3 weeks ago using this team but didn't take a ss to back it up:psysad:

[Conclusion]
This team is a fun to use offense, based around mega medicham. I would like to know how to fix the flaws of this team and make it better if possible

[Credits]
Have to thank a good friend and someone who helped me through the teambuilding process by pointing me towards the right decisions, and so thank you my old friend adem

Last edited:

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
holy omar made a well written rmt and explains what every mon does in detail (impossible) ((wow))

anyways, ur build is really solid and is similar to what a lot of people are running in ndpl currently, medi is a super cool mega which i personally love, and think is a bit underrated in the tier. onto the team, while at first glance it looks solid, there are a few minor issues that need to be addressed.

Major Changes

:bw/landorus-therian:
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe -> EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog -> any other move (tox, koff, smack, stone edge, explosion, hp ice, hp fire)

Defog Rocks Lando sucks major, major balls, and to be frank is far too much role compression which isn't needed for the team (or for any good team), this is a fast paced team with only Weavile as a notable Rock Weak mon, isn't troubled too much by TSpikes and can win before Spikes. All these other moves provide much more utility for you, ie tox wears down bro for medi and zap for kart, koff punishes zap bro opposing lando etc, smack lets u rock on corv and pressure skarm and zap, edge pressures zap harder, boom is really cool for a one time trade vs something aiming to use u as set up fodder / when your at best a sack, hp ice weakens other lando for medi and kart, and hp fire nails opposing kart hard + pressures ferro. The extra speed evs on your original set also isn't needed that much, so just moving that over to bulk.

:bw/rotom-wash:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe -> EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpDe / 56 Spe (This is an optional change, lets u take a hit from Modest Kyurem after a good bit of chip and land a Toxic/TWave on it, and also eases the mu vs Volcarona and Heatran a bit, mainly for the former since the latter isn't really that bad if you don't play bad. However, it does make your life harder vs a well played SD pivot MZor and especially MPert in rain, so its up to you)
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split -> Toxic / TWave
- Will-O-Wisp

A big issue the team has currently is how much it struggles against Volcarona, and you need a restructure or forfeit a good MU vs some threats. Toxic / TWave on Wash doesn't "solve" the Volcarona issue but it does make it much much easier to handle, and if you play well it shouldn't be an issue at all, and it give you more freedom to 'win first' with MMedi before Volc does.

Minor Changes

:sm/melmetal:
Melmetal @ Assault Vest
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD -> EVs: 252 Atk / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake -> Superpower
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Melm needs some Speed for Toxapex, and I think Superpower here is better to break Melm for Kart, but Earthquake is also not bad, personal preference.

:sm/kartana:

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike -> Defog

Clef MU is fine with Melm, although you lack Defog which sucks a lot, and you don't need a consistent Fog with how fast paced the team is, but its fine enough on Kart.

Optional Changes (All down to preference)

• Adamant > Jolly on MMedi - You hit harder and break stuff like clef easier, makes MMedi a funnier mon, but preference.
  • Sub > Fake Out on MMedi - This i highly emplore you to do, Sub MMedi while not standard is an amazing, and IMO the best MMedi set, sub on forced switches, claim your kills.
  • Chople > AV on Melm - Helps with Lop, Medi, and Kart MU much better, makes Lele, MDia and Kyurem a bit worse but I think you're fine enough already against them
  • Heatran > Melm (and swap Tox/TWave on Tom back to Pain Split or even Defog if you wish (Or even plot!!)) This improves your Volcarona MU massively and frees up a slot on Rotom, however if you're not Heavy Slam CM Clef MU gets incredibly dicey, you lose a big important piece in exerting pressure (Melm is hard to s/i to), and you make (Lop, Medi, Kart if ur Chople), and (Kyurem, Lele, MDia if ur AV) MU much worse in return, so its all down to personal preference.
  • Icicle Crash > Triple Axel on Weavile, might be hot take but w/e, anyways Axel is a bit more annoying with much annoying contact stuff is in the tier, so maybe you value the no contact + flinch chance of Crash more over the much higher BP, again, preference.
  • (If you try a Heatran version) Bullet Punch > Ice Punch on MMedi, since you're weaker to Weavile and Mega Diancie, but I don't rate this change much.
Overall, really solid build, only some minor nitpicking with issues, but otherwise super cool build, gz brother!

[Mega Medicham Offense]
{Introduction}
I have played National Dex for quite a good amount of time but, I have never really made a team that I preferred using over most sample teams until I made this team. Offense is one of my favourite play styles and this team really embodied that. And so I thought I would drop this team here and get different opinions of it. The individual pokemon sets are mostly analyses sets with exception of just a little bit of modification to them in some pokemon.

[Team]

{Team Breakdown}

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

The team revolves around mega medicham, being a great wall breaker able to decimate a lot of defensive pokemon with it's great STAB and coverage in ice punch with the only downside being it's low bulk which makes it easily revenge killable. I personally like prefer it over other wall breakers as in once it gets in, it's most likely taking something out before it gets switched out again and so being able to pivot it in safely is a must have to make full use of it's power. It's able to heavily wound mega scizor although scizor threatens it with bullet punch if it's low enough and OHKO mega mawile, heatran fears it and melmetal doesn't stand a chance against it. Which all can pose a threat to the team if left unchecked.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-Wash is a very good compliment to medicham, being a great pivot to let medicham in while also being a great switch in against pokemon like mega swampert and mega scizor that can very much threaten medicham, it can come in on heatran with the possibility of volt switching to let mega medicham in. Will-O-Wisp is a vital threat to the likes of mega swampert and mega scizor, reducing the threat they both pose against the team. Pain split gives it longevity when it's the backbone for mega medicham's free entry.

EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog

Landorus is a very neat addition to the team, being able to set up stealth rock while also being the defogger for the team making it the hazard control here. Being a great physical tank and rocky helmet adding onto the chip damage, weakening the opposing team further and make it easier to sweep late game. U-turn generates momentum for the team which is also great for mega medicham.

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

Scarf kartana is a great late game sweeper with a lot of potential to turn the game around, making use of mega medicham's great wall breaking which if done correctly lets kartana sweep the opposing team without any problems. It is still a great revenge killer early game with the scarf letting it outspeed the likes of ash-gren and a fair amount of +1 mons like mega gyarados.

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Weavile fits magnificently here, due to it's great STAB and the fact that it is one of the only pursuit trappers in the tier which is really appreciated against something like slowbro which is an annoying check to mega medicham, while kartana is also able to deal with slowbro, weavile's pursuit makes it even more appreciated. It is also a check against mega latias and latios. It contrasts mega medicham really well where the pair are nearly able to remove any pokemon, being like day and night.

Melmetal @ Assault Vest
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Melmetal, The real tank, The hex nut pokemon that weighs 800kg, having natural bulk and being the punching bag of the team, Assault vest adds to it's bulk making it a great switch in for tapu lele and kyurem, then hitting hard with it's great attack and wide coverage making it a great pokemon for this team. It's very good against fairy types like scarf lele which threatens medicham and weavile, and fini which is also another pain for the pair.

[Threat List]
I will be stating notable threats I have found while using the team, while it is winnable if played well, it was still a very big problem and something the team struggled against:
  • Mega Medicham: Ironically mega medicham is a bit of a problem for the team, it doesn't have any direct checks and mega medicham is able to 2HKO lando using ice punch after intimidate and even 2HKO rotom-wash using HJK while still at -1 atk, chipping at the entire team slowly.
  • Sun teams / Mega Char Y: a common weakness of the team through out half the pokemon is fire and char Y is evidence of that, able to 2HKO melmetal, lando. 2HKOs rotom using solar beam and lastly OHKOs kartana, weavile and mega medicham, making it have a guaranteed kill whenever it is able to switch in, although stealth rock weakens it heavily for it to be hard to switch in unless it has a safe switch and the opposing team has hazard control.
[Replays]
Here are some replays i got while playing ladder
Replay-1
Replay-2
Replay-3
I was able to reach peak 1700 on ladder like 2-3 weeks ago using this team but didn't take a ss to back it up:psysad:

[Conclusion]
This team is a fun to use offense, based around mega medicham. I would like to know how to fix the flaws of this team and make it better if possible

[Credits]
Have to thank a good friend and someone who helped me through the teambuilding process by pointing me towards the right decisions, and so thank you my old friend adem
oh wow looks actually cool might try it out later

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)