Offensive OU... Oh my, it's so good. [OU RMT]

Introduction
Well, this is the first time I have made in six months. I have played with it a bit and it seems to be doing good, but obviously, it is going to have oh so many flaws as I haven't played in a month or two. It is an offensive team, as they are awesome. Yeah, it is standard, but oh well. Standard works. Also, this happens to be my first offensive team.

The Team At A Glance

The Team In-Depth

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Taunt
---
Generic suicide lead. Earthquake stops Heatran and Metagross, Crunch hits Azelf. Taunt stops them from setting up, using Trick or whatever else they want to do, and Stealth Rock helps with the offensive nature of my team. EV's simply give Aerodactyl the best chance possible of stopping and setting up Stealth Rock first.

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 80 HP/252 Spd/176 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
---
Provides a check to Salamence, Gyarados, and Heatran. Outruns positive 252 Speed +1 Salamence which is awesome. Ice Beam OHKOs it, along with every Dragon not named Kingdra. Hydro Pump is horribly strong and beats Heatran and anything else it hits neutrally. Thunderbolt destroys Gyarados. Trick lets me break the opponent's Pokemon and rid me of the Choice Scarf once I am done with it. 176 Special Attack guarantees the OHKO on 4 HP Heatran.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP/148 Atk/124 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Seed Bomb
---
Generic Swords Dance Breloom. Spore is oh so useful, stopping a possible counter and giving me set-up time. Swords Dance gives me the Attack boost I need to sweep with. Mach Punch makes up for Breloom's low Speed, and is still relatively strong. Seed Bomb is the main STAB and destroys bulky Waters if they decide to stay in. Outruns no Speed base 85s. 236 HP gives amazing longevity, and max Poison Heal. Leftover in Attack.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 112 Atk/180 Spd/216 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
---
Oh my, what a beast. Outruns positive max Speed base 90s, and has obscene power. Loads of Special Attack to boost Draco Meteor, the rest in Attack to boost Outrage. Earthquake destroys Heatran and other Fire or Steel types. Fire Blast takes out any floating Steels, so Bronzong and Skarmory. Outrage is just insane. It hurts anything. Draco Meteor also hurts anything.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 24 Atk/232 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Explosion
---
Standard Magnezone. Max Speed puts it ahead of oh so much, specifically positive max Speed base 110s. It provides a check to Scizor, as well as bulky Waters not named Swampert and other Steels. Thunderbolt is generic STAB and is the main attack being used. Flash Cannon hits Rock types, so Tyranitar, harder than the other moves. Good times. Hidden Power [Fire] destroys Scizor, which is really all it is there for. Explosion severely damages or takes out another Pokemon. Always useful.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break
- Ice Shard
- Night Slash
---
Such a forgotten threat. After a Swords Dance, it hurts. Oh so much. Brick Break hurts any Steels, Rocks or Dark types that has escaped the rest of my team. Ice Shard gives me a second STAB, a priority, and another way to deal with Dragons. Night Slash gives reliable damage, and that delicious critical hit chance is just... delicious.

ps: Again, this is my first team in sixth months, and my first offensive team.

Pretty nice team, I can't see any glaring weaknesses, or anything your team can't work around. My only concern is Aerodactyl. Stone Edge/Rock Slide still hits Azelf pretty hard (Rock Slide OHKOes iirc? Definitely Stone Edge though) and grants you much better coerage with EQ than Crunch does. I would drop Crunch for Stone Edge because of this.

Crunch does about 76%, so Stone Edge won't OHKO. I just hate the fact that I might miss, which would just ruin the whole set up.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Even with Magnezone, Scizor is going to be giving this team problems. During the beginning and middle of the game, Scizor is just going to be U-turning about, meaning you won't be able to trap it with Magnezone, and once the surprise is up, Scizor will be even more reluctant to Bullet Punch. Your lack of a real Bug resist is a bit troubling - Salamence is your only one so far barring Magnezone, and it will get worn down by Stealth Rock and the counter Scizor U-turns to. Weavile is really just adding to the problem, as Scizor fears next to nothing coming into it and U-turning out. I don't see Weavile really doing anything for the team here, truthfully. The metagame is very unkind to it at the moment, and it's not like you have a huge Latias or Salamence weak that it really needs to be in your team. Right now, it's just giving your team an extra Fire weak, an extra Stealth Rock weak, and something else that can't take a U-turn, while contributing little towards the team as a whole. I would suggest dropping Weavile for any other late game cleaner, to be honest.

Infernape could work well here, since you do a good job of removing and crippling its bulky water counters with Starmie and Breloom. A standard Flamethrower / HP Ice / Grass Knot / Close Combat MixApe gives your team a similar amount of speed that Weavile brought, whilst maintaining more diversity and wallbreaking power than Weavile. Resistances to Bullet Punch and U-turn are handy as well. Steel types and things like Swampert and Gyarados just stop Weavile in its tracks because of its inability to hit them for super effective damage. Having MixApe take care of them, while not really being threatened by Scizor, will be quite beneficial for your team here.

Also, consider running max speed on your Salamence. The majority of MixMence nowadays do, and so right now you will be getting outsped the majority of the time by opposing ones. I use MixMence myself, and I can truthfully say that with mence's ubiquitousness, tying at worst with it is really reassuring in a mence vs mence face off. A spread of 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe with your Naive nature might be more helpful, as it still 2HKOes Blissey with Outrage, while getting the speed advantage over other base 100s.

Good luck with your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)