Offensive OU Sun Team

Since drizzle politoed got banned, sun and sand teams became way better. I chose to use a sun team with dugtrio as a lead to deal with tyranitar. I wanted an offensive team with two chlorophyll sweepers. preferably one physical and one special. Heres the team:​

Dugtrio @ Focus sash
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Arena trap
EVs: 4HP, 252Atk, 252Spe
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Stone edge
Toxic​

I chose adamant to deal more damage to tyranitar and it speed ties with mienshao. Thinking of changing it to jolly. Stealth rock is obvious, i went with earthquake to deal some damage and stone edge for coverage and to do something against taunt aerodactyl and thundurus. Toxic is there for bulkier leads, especially hippowdon.

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252HP, 180Def, 76Sp.Def
Overheat
Power swap
Will-O-Wisp
Hidden power (fighting)​

Ninetales has to be on a sun team, i went defensive just in case i got in a weather war. The EVs seem strange, but they are just to balance its defenses, with 1 extra point in sp. def for downloaders. Overheat and power swap form a good combo, combined with will-o-wisp i can cripple physical and special attackers. The last move is a filler, hp fighting for random tyranitars. Free for any suggestions.​

Sawsbuck @ Life orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 160HP, 252Atk, 96Spe
Swords dance
Return
Horn leech
Jump kick​

Sawsbuck is my physical chlorophyll sweeper. The speed EVs are just enough to outspeed scarfchomp. The rest were put in hp to setup easier and take priority moves better. The moveset is pretty obvious, sawsbuck doesn't have many other viable moves.​

Venusaur @ Life orb
Nature: Modest
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 36HP, 252Sp.Att, 220Spe
Growth
SolarBeam
Sludge bomb
Hidden power (fire)​

Venusaur is my special chlorophyll sweeper. Even though growth sharply raises both attacking stats, i stuck with a special only set as his physical attack is too low. The speed EVs again are to just outspeed scarfchomp. The moves are pretty obvious, this set has trouble with dragonite, heatran and blissey. Earthquake isn't that good for heatran as most of them have air balloons.​

Heatran @ Air balloon
Nature: Timid
Ability: Flash fire
EVs: 4Atk, 252Sp.Atk, 252Spe
Flame charge
Fire blast
Earth power
Dragon pulse​

This heatran set is very effective, switches into the fire attacks aimed at my grass guys. I need timid to beat or tie with other heatrans to the earth power. Flame charge to boost my speed and fire blast is powerful even without the flash fire boost, due to the sun. Dragon pulse makes him a good dragon counter.​

Gliscor @ Toxic orb
Ability: Poison heal
EVs: 56HP, 252Atk, 200Spe
Fling
Swords dance
Acrobatics
Earthquake​

This is my main excadrill counter, the speed EVs to outspeed adamant excadrill outside of a sandstorm. Gliscor is good in the sun because it helps his water weakness. Toxic orb is great because it heals twice as much as leftovers and protects him from status. He can support and sweep a bit.​

Well thats my team, open to any suggestions. Thanks for reading.​

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
First, I'd change Dugtrio's held item for a Choice Band, as it allows it to actually DO some damage, and its pretty cool for a sun team to have Tyranitar eliminated quickly. Then, I'd remove Jump Kick on Sawsbuck and give it Nature Power. It may sound weird, but it actually turns in Earthquake in battle, which has more accuracy than Jump Kick, and it beats the same pokemon (you won't be beating Skarm anyway).

Politoed hasn't been banned. The combination of Drizzle & Swift Swim has been. Rain is still quite viable. I think you're referring to a ban on the P.O. server. This is Smogon.
You should probably only lead Dugtrio as a revenge killer with a Choice Band like Steeli above me said to do.
It's important to remember Ninetales is faster than Tyranitar so you won't get your weather up unless you switch-in. I wouldn't use Overheat as you'll have to constantly switch out after the SpA drop. Fire Blast in the sun will seriously dent anything that doesn't resist it. Also i've never used Power Swap so i can't say how it's working for you but Energy Ball gives you good coverage against Water-types. You could probably switch Hidden Power [Fighting] for a different one since anything with an Earthquake will wreck you.

@astark: im new here but whats the point of smogon having a tier list when they dont even have a battle simulator...(is it shoddy battle but they havent updated it for gen V)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)