Offensive team that had me ranked #1 on Shoddy

Nas

Banned deucer.
Yeah, this team had me ranked #1 on Shoddy before I decided to take a break, and it rarely lost me battles unless I played recklessly.(which I do most of the time lol) Anyways, I'm bad at intro's so heres the team.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
~Levitate
~Relaxed
EV's:252 Hp/152 Atk/8 Def/96 Sp.Def
-Hypnosis
-Gyro Ball
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
(2 SPD IV's)

My lead, and one of the best. Beats a lot of common leads, and I have the appropiate switch-ins for the ones I can't. I usually like to Hypnosis first, then SR on the switch against other Zong's or stuff like Swampert, that's why I have my 2 Spd EV's. He's my main Metagross counter and serves as a Chomp counter, as well as other things like Tyranitar. Believe it or not he's of of my main Scarf/SpecsTran switch-ins as he resists Ground/Ice/Grass/Dragon and they rarely Fire Blast as I have too many resists, but if they do I can usually see them coming.

Salamence @ Life Orb
~Intimidate
~Rash
EV's:112 Atk/144 Spd/252 Sp.Atk
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Roost
-Brick Break

My wall breaker and mixed attacker. SkarmBliss, GlisBliss, CeleTran, and a bunch of other wall combo's fall to this mighty beast. Many people recklessly sacrifice their pokes to him in hopes of SS + SR + LO killing me, only to have me Roost in their faces.

Mesprit @ Leftovers
~Levitate
~Bold
EV's:252 Hp/176 Def/80 Sp.Atk
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-U-Turn

One of the best walls ever made. Seriously, this thing deserves a lot more love than it's currently getting. BoltBeam destroys Gyarados and Garchomp both, and Psychic is good stab and gets Hera switch-ins and nails Machamp. There is absolutely no way I'd give up U-Turn , as unlike Cress, it allows me to hit Ttar switches and go to a counter, rather than die to Pursuit.

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
~Sandstream
~Jolly
EV's:6 Hp/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Dragon Dance
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam

Best set for Tyranitar, period. After one Dragon Dance he outspeeds base 115's and can sweep teams with ease. Usually the only defense against this guy is Gliscor, but even with Jolly Ice Beam can OHKO it, and Garchomp as well, who also gets outsped. Surprising Gliscor and OHKOing it also kills my oppositions main defense against my Heracross, who recks havoc afterwards.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
~Sand Veil
~Adamant

EV's:6 Hp/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Fire Blast

This guy also takes advantage of Tyranitars ability to lure out Gliscor and kill it, leaving only minor threats like Forretress and Skarmory to stop my chomp, but they get owned by FB anyways, leaving teams open for late game clean-ups. Best revenge killer btw.

Heracross @ Choice Band
~Guts
~Adamant
EV's:96 Hp/252 Atk/160 Spd
-Close Combat
-Megahorn
-Stone Edge
-Sleep Talk

The definition of beast. Nothing can switch on this safely without taking heavy damage. He absorbs sleep from Gengar, Bronzong, Breloom, and other sleepers, and then while they think that I'm crippled, I start hammering them with Sleep Talks coming off of a 766 Atk stat.

Anyways, that's the team, now rate and leave comments plz. As you can see I like to go with offense right off the start of the battle, but my selection of Physical attackers I selected allows me to defeat any combination of physical walls while the tougher combinations get beaten by mixmence. Offensive teams usually give me more of a challenge so Mesprit and Bronzong provide coverage against the most common sweepers, allowing me to focus on opening up holes for my DDtar and heracross, which I've found most offensive teams to be weak to most. I really don't think I'm going to write a threat list, so if you thin kI have trouble with any pokemon then just mention it in your post.

I suggest you use a Hasty nature on that Tyranitar, and move those 6HP EVs to Special Attack. With a hasty nature and Life Orb, Gliscor will always be OHKOd by Ice Beam, as well as Yacheless Garchomps. Donphan and Hippowdon are always 2HKOd.

I think you need a Strong special sweeper, seeing as you have TTar, Chompy AND Hera.
you're not looking at this the right way. the only reason you need special or physical sweepers is to get rid of physical or special walls. toymence deals with special walls just fine, as well as chomp's fire blasts on skarm and forry.

the only thing i could see hurting you is an opponents scarf hera. If it predicts a flyer (mence) and stone edges, your only hope is that chomp survives a hit to kill it. just a thought. good team.

EDIT: wait chomp is scarfed, but still you have a bit of a hera weak.

Yep, retire when you are on top lol. Anyways to the team. Your teams covers just about everything, but it looks Magnezone and Heatran weak. You'll have problems with combos like Magnezone/Heatran+Tyranitar/Garchomp/Mamoswine which I think is getting more popular (maybe because of me heh).

You said Bronzong is your main switch, but what if someone decides to Overheat with their Specstran the first turn it comes out? Or what if its not even Specs Tran and it has Life Orb. Too much guessing involved and you don't wanna risk Tyranitar getting burned either. I'm sure you've had someway to handle these threats, but I always assume that I/person's team I'm rating is playing someone better than me >_>

Anyways a few suggestions to help you out. Well Shed Shell on Bronzong would be good. You could then switch to Tyranitar and DD in its face and then try to sweep. A hasty nature+LO would hurt this strategy a little bit though. Um LO Life Orb OHKOs Gliscor anyways. Now something with wish would REALLY help though. Without replacing anything the only thing that gets it is Salamence. I'm not sure how Wish over Roost would work though, maybe Wishroostmence? You break most walls anyways so I'm not sure a Mixmence is entirely necessary. You lose a bit of offense that you already really have for a lot more team support and defense which I think is more important.</p>
Also people should give this thread more stars...

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I love offensive teams. They are the main type of team that I play. That being said, I'm going to try to rate this from a different point of view than most players, since I know offensive teams play around or through threats, and don't try to directly counter much.

That being said, I really don't like how Infernape with Close Combat / Fire Blast / HP Ice / Grass Knot completely rips this team apart. Mesprit is 2HKO'd by Fire Blast, and Bronzong suffers a OHKO. So to help with this, you could add a scarf to either Tyranitar or Salamence, since both can switch into most of Infernape's attacks. Both will outspeed and OHKO. You could also try adding Gyarados as your Dragon Dancer in place of Tyranitar.

I would change Tyranitar to Hasty as mentioned above, but because Jolly means that you have hardly any chance at 2HKOing Hippowdon, who otherwise will wall that set.

Nice looking team though.

Nas

Banned deucer.
Okay thanks for all the suggestions. I guess I'll try Hasty on Tyranitar sometime, but I prefer taking Physical hits better to 2HKOing Hippo. I guess I do have a bit of an Infernape weak but Garchomp usually kills them as they attempt to HP Ice me, so they're usually no problem. Mesprit can also switch in on CC's, Grass Knot's, and HP Ice's pretty easily and force a switch. To Tsurukawa, I think Wish on Mence will be hard to place in his set, as I really don't want to lose any of my three attacking moves, and turning him into a pure Wish-Mence would slow down my offensive capabilities.

I've been using a similar team. It's half the same, I had ScarfChomp and Bronzong before, but I decided to change my specsmence into that mixmence, and it works out great.

Solid team, the only thing is that you team is kind of weak to Ice Shard/Night Slash/Brick Break/Swords Dance Weavile.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Very solid team but about Shed Shell on Bronzong, I completely disagree for the following reason;
- Leftovers is better in the long run, seeing how it is your only reliable YacheChomp counter. Mesprit won't last long against SD Outrage.
- Thunderwave variant Magnezone will be prone to Earthquake.
- Magnet Rise Variant gives you a free set up turn for Tyranitar and after 1 Dragon Dance, boy can it sweep.

Consider Gliscor on your team as Hera can pick this team out easily. If it successfully gets a switch-in, thats pretty much one of your pokemons gone, unless you're great at prediction of course. Just note that Megahorn and Stone Edge alone can tear through your team. With the limited choice of attack, it'll be a lot harder for you to get around.

I'd suggest going with a Swords Dancing Baton Passing Gliscor to give one of your pokemons a huge weapon, as well as a reliable fight-counter. With that said, once Garchomp is gone and Luke gets a SD under its belt, its pretty much over. Gliscor is something you should consider.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)