ORAS OU Offensive team

This is my current team. I'd like it if you have suggestions to enhance it.

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitation
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

One of my favorite pokemons, he's usually my anti-lead. Taunt allows Gengar to block the hazard setters and the stallers (goodbye, Chansey). With Protect, Gengar can annoy the scarfs/specs. Focus sash allows him to survive another turn. If you don't need Gengar anymore, you can use Destiny Bond to take down a slower, but troublesome pokemon with him.

When used right, this guy can get on the nerves of your opponent.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate / Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall

The star of my team. Taunt + DD can prove to be a useful combination. You switch on a staller, you use Taunt on it, and while it Switches, you get a free dragon dance. For the ability, I personally prefer to use Intimidate, because Gyarados is much more flexible with it. Gyaradosite to surprise Rotom-W. The nature is up to you : Adamant if you want to kill more pokemon in less blows, Jolly if you want to outspeed more scarfers after one DD.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability : Technician
Evs : 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 HP
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

A movepool so classical that everyone knows about it since three generations. Yet still as much effective and as much enjoyable to play with. Bonus points when you get to sadistically destroy a Latias or Latios desesperately trying try to run away from you, especially after you've checked their Draco Meteor. Or when you escape a magnezone trying to trap you thanks to U-turn.

Thunderus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability : Volt Absorb
Evs : 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

If you want Thundurus to eat electricity for Gyarados and strike hard after a free Nasty Plot, use this version.
If you prefer to give up strength, let Breloom take care of the checking stuff (in a less effective way) in favor to speed (you get to kill Jolly Garchomp without scarf) and using Nasty Plot in a easier way, the original version is better suited for you. In any case, he's a good partner to Gyarados, dealing with troublesome bulky water.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability : Pressure
Evs : 200 Def / 52 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 HP
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave

My stall defoger. It loves to come at Talonflame.

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability : Technician
Evs : 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed

Typical Breloom. Allows to weaken the opponent's team and adding momentum, all the while dealing with bulky waters such as Aggron.

So...I'm done. What do you think about it ?

hi nice rmt

so im assuming you built your team around mega gyara, so you probably want to help it sweep. there's kind of a lot of points to go over here so i'll try not too change too much.

on gyarados you definitely want jolly over adamant because it lets you outspeed a lot more of the meta at +1, for example mega lopunny and mega manectric. id also opt for Crunch > Earthquake as it gives you a secondary stab option that's better to hit weakened tangrowth, amoonguss, etc. the rest of the set is fine

i don't really see what thundurus-t is doing here. it isn't really a very good electric check because a majority of electric types run hp ice which is gonna do a chunk anyways. there are better answers to bulky waters that also check electric types, like raikou. you kinda need a stealth rock user also. i think you should go Raikou > Thundurus-T as it also grabs you some momentum to get gyara in to dd on something like heatran, opening paths for gyara to clean later game.

for a stealth rock user, i think you should try out Mixed SR Garchomp > Gengar as it can smack ferrothorn and mega scizor, both of which give gyara trouble. the offensive presence of draco meteor compared to anything on a more defensive set really helps. it does a number to rotom w and life orb eq threatens azumarill too. basically it also helps build that path for mega gyara.

finally you need a better defogger than zapdos here imo. zapdos just isn't that good imo and you get a lot more utility from running Roost Defog Latios > Zapdos. this allows you to better check keldeo, electrics like mega manectric, and ard y better while maintaining the offensive presence that your team needs. if you find yourself needing to switch into keldeo more often (which you might) you can also try Latias but its so underwhelmingly weak that it's just able to put pressure on the same way latios does.

also a reminder that you can run life orb number on breloom, a little speed creep on scizor, and 0 atk ivs on spatkers

i think that's it. good luck!

summary of changes

>

set
>

>

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind
- Volt Switch

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Spore

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Atk / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)