ORAS OU Offensive + Trapper (Mega Pinsir)

Nightmare (Pinsir) (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Feint
- Earthquake

Pinsir is my Mega Pokemon,cause there are not much Switch-Ins after one Swords Dance already Skarm gets 2Hit K.O.t with Adamant Nature.Its just a Monster.Feint is to outspeed Talonflames Brave Bird and take the boost with Moxie before Mega Evolving.

+2 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 154-182 (46.1 - 54.4%) -- 57.4% chance to 2HKO
+4 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Feint vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 315-372 (106 - 125.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Shrimp (Crawdaunt) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Crawdaunt is my Revenge Killer and my Wallbreaker,Crawdaunt deals with Pinsir-Counters and damage them.After this Pinsir can finish them,and go for a Sweep.Crawdaunts Attack paired with his Ability and Choice Band is a big threat,the thing is the Defense Stats are very low.

252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 168-198 (47.4 - 55.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal

252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Zapdos: 110-129 (28.7 - 33.6%) -- 98.7% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

and Crawdaunt:

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Zapdos: 272-322 (71 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Trauer (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk/30 Defense
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Roost

Zapdos deals with the Flying Spam Pokes which checks Mega Pinsir.HP Ice is
for Garchomp,and Zapdos is my Defoger cause Victini and Mega Pinsir really get hurt of them.Volt Switch of course cause it completes the VoltTurn Core and it KOs the Birds.

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Zapdos: 95-112 (24.8 - 29.2%) -- guaranteed 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Zapdos: 135-159 (35.2 - 41.5%) -- 79.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Zapdos: 100-118 (26.1 - 30.8%) -- 7.5% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Marshmallon (Sylveon) (F) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Wish

Sylveon is my Cleric,Heal Bell Supports Status Problems of Zapdos and Wobbuffet and i have Wish Support.Psyshock is for Poison Pokes like Venusaur...The Problem i had is the recovery on Sylveon,Wish is not very safe without Protect.The Hyper Voice also hits many Pokes hard for example:

252+ SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 270-318 (84.6 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 243-286 (61.6 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Alex (Wobbuffet) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk/0 SpA
- Counter
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Mirror Coat

Also one of my favourite Pokes :D
Thats a selfcalced EV Spread,Wobbuffet traps big OU Threats and KO them back...
here some examples:

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 248 HP / 132+ Def Wobbuffet: 247-292 (42.3 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO and Counter KOs back
252 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 128 SpD Wobbuffet: 232-274 (39.7 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO and Mirror Coat KOs back (if it comes to Mind Games,because the opponent switches between Diamand Storm and Moonblast just use the safe Destiny Bond to Suicide)
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 128 SpD Wobbuffet: 343-405 (58.8 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO its not a Counter but a check,after Sitrus Berry Recovery Mirror Coat OHKOs.

Vuck You (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- V-create
- Trick
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike

And my Last Pokemon,Victini.Victini is a cool Pokemon with good Coverage,Trick allows to lock opponent Pokemon and then switch with u-turn into Wobbuffet who can KO them easily.164 Speed with Jolly Nature to outspeed Jolly Lando-T Standard EV Spread,back in HP for more Bulk.

Ok thx thats my Team! Pls rate it.

Last edited:

Alkov

plopping
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi there, really cool team with Mega-Pinsir which is not as common as it used to be back in XY. Here's some suggestion for your team; firstly, it is to move the 4EVs you have on M-Pinsir onto Def/SpDef so that you take 24% or 49% from Stealth Rock as you switch in which allows 1 additional switch-in opportunity. That also means changing the 4EVs on your Crawdaunt onto something else too. With 92EVs onto HP on Victini makes it an even number as well so I'll suggest making it 88EVs onto HP and 4 back into speed or either defenses.

Apart from all this nitpicking, second change to the team would be Sylveon to actually run Protect instead of Psyshock so that you are guaranteed to get your Wish up since you are running only HP EVs on your Sylveon which makes it easily worn down.

Thirdly, it might be better to actually run Swords Dance on Crawdaunt instead of Superpower and with the item Life-Orb over Choice Band because with a Swords Dance up, Ferrothorn still gets OHKO'ed which is what I'm assuming why you're running Superpower. With Swords Dance it makes Crawdaunt a much more potent wallbreaker/stallbreaker since you don't have to predict that much fearing being choice-locked.
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 382-452 (108.5 - 128.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Lastly, I'm not sure how often does Sitrus Berry come in handy on Wobbuffet however you can try Custap Berry which gives you a +1 priority in your next move when your HP is below 25%, with that, it can come in handy as you attempt to Destiny Bond a faster opponent and get the double-down. :]

That's all I have to further improve this team so that it works better n_n

Really like with team. Has my favorite core to use in the game crawdaunt and Mega-Pinsir. Adding on 2 the suggestion Alkov made sylevon would be better if it was a more defensive spread.
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Hyper Voice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)