Official Smogon Doubles Tournament I - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD

Artwork by Blazenix
Welcome to the first edition of OSDT! This will be a single elimination, Bo3 SS Doubles OU tournament in which the winner walks away with first ever OSDT trophy
!

The tournament will have a best of three format. This means that players will play until one of them wins two games. Players are allowed to switch teams in between games, or use the same team throughout the set; it is completely up to the player. If players only partially complete a series before the deadline, it will be considered an uncompleted match and action will be taken accordingly (either an activity win or a coin flip).

Additionally, join our discord to discuss the tournament, ask about rules, find your opponent more easily or just to hang out!

Rules

General Tournament Rules

• This is a standard SS DOU tournament.
  • The tournament will be single elimination.
  • Players will play a best of three series of games each round
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!. If you can't agree on which server to play on, the Smogtours server is the default option.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot use any moveset on any Pokémon capable of intentionally causing an endless battle. Thus:
    • A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
    • A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Pain Split.
    • A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Fling
  • Evasion Clause: Players cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold.
  • Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
  • Gravity Sleep Clause: Sleep moves with below one hundred percent accuracy may not be used in conjunction with Gravity.
  • Dynamax Clause: You cannot dynamax.
Activity Decisions / Coin Flips: In the event that there is an uncompleted match at the deadline, it will be coin flipped unless one or both of the players involved in the match specifically request an activity win and explain sufficiently why they deserve to win over their opponent. Attempting to schedule a battle is required in order to receive the win by activity. To make it clear that you are requesting an activity win when you post, you must open your post with "Activity Win Request" in bold.

For example, if you believe your opponent is making an unfair request and that they don't deserve the activity win over you, you can either make your own request or quote their post and explain why they don't deserve it. You should try to make your activity win request posts at least 24 hours before the deadline to give your opponent a reasonable opportunity to contest it with their own activity win request.

In case of disconnections, if you played in the SmogTours server, call a Tournament Director as soon as possible and we'll see about the possibility of having a rematch.
This year, in addition to the trophy, the winner will receive their choice of a custom avatar, claiming an inactive username on PS!, or choosing a custom color for their username on PS! courtesy of Zarel. The runner-up will be allowed to choose one of the two remaining prizes not chosen by the winner. There will also be a cash prize for this tournament, courtesy of multiple anonymous donors. The winner of this year’s Official Smogon Doubles Tournament will receive the top prize of 200 USD! Additional prizes for other top finishes may also be offered.

Substitutions

Players may sign up as a substitute if they didn't join in time. If you are eliminated from the tournament (i.e. you lose your games, are substituted out, or drop out), you may not sign up as a substitute. I will endeavor to substitute players in whenever a player drops out, and one week before the round 1 deadline, I will look through all players and activity win requests and replace any inactive players with substitutes. Given the size of the bracket this year, there might be two substitution waves. There is a very high chance that you will get to play if you sign up as a substitute. Substitutes will only be allowed into the tournament during round 1. Substitutes will be implemented on a mostly first come, first serve basis, but if you are inactive after you sign up as a substitute then you're at risk of not being substituted into the tournament.

Please read this guide if you're unsure how to schedule with your opponent! Alternatively, watch this video made by teal6:

Here are the pairings for Round 1:

Itchyy  vs  Laurel
Sharifa Airen
 vs  RaiZen1704
TonyFlygon  vs  64 Squares
robjr  vs  Finchinator
adsam
 vs  suapah
Blui  vs  Youngster_Bill
papiloco
 vs  egalvanc
Mattidoni88  vs  fespy
emma
 vs  Icemaster
Frania  vs  SoulWind
Spl4sh  vs  Goblin
Sunrose  vs  dnagerbadger
Ninja  vs  Kebab mlml
RKD
 vs  avarice
King Leo V  vs  Qwello Lee
dcae  vs  Shadowmonstr7
LightScreener  vs  Actuarily
LegendaryC26  vs  Churielix
Confide  vs  Loudwinner
Ron...5  vs  Toxigen
kjdaas  vs  Mukkuro
Pyreon  vs  TectonicDestroyer
Star  vs  Lunar.
KennyJ  vs  IMT
simp  vs  shiloh
ToastedBunzzz02  vs  Sagisolar
Quairo  vs  Nat
Void  vs  spatulakun
txitxas  vs  Anique
Platinum God n1n1  vs  SuperEpicAmpharos
MXF  vs  StitChuu
queso
 vs  Derpeddeath
zeno420  vs  Boat
RLplayer  vs  Jomatoes
Algeria
 vs  GotCookies
PvtTyroneSlothrop  vs  qsns
tko
 vs  Mdraa
Gingy  vs  Moose And Goose
Neblina  vs  Greentea570
panko  vs  Lilburr
SOMALIA  vs  HaxBC
lvl100Blaziken  vs  SMB
Cicada  vs  Zephyri
snaga
 vs  CutreGirl
Mr.GX  vs  crucify
TJ
 vs  Shakur
FloristtheBudew  vs  Staxi
Human  vs  mc56556
HaaiL  vs  NinjaSnapple
tqew
 vs  juan123juan
lax  vs  BluBirD252
TeamCharm  vs  DragonWhale
Huston  vs  Will-I-am
jcbc  vs  zeefable
|Powerman|  vs  MalMoonsault
Hockey1
 vs  Eeveeto
JRL  vs  BigBoy038
John1240  vs  Capitão General
Bag of Trixx  vs  Kaneki-san
Memoric  vs  Expulso
frostyicelad  vs  McSim
Xrn_n
 vs  Drud
Borghi  vs  Enzonana.
Jisoo  vs  Drole de pokestrat
z0mOG  vs  Bouff
Zann
 vs  scorbunnys
devin  vs  Gatubraz
Voltix  vs  Perish Song
elodin  vs  Yellow Paint
AuraRayquaza
 vs  Amaranth
Sensei Axew  vs  Commander Beta
Z Strats  vs  Spurrific
Niko  vs  AldrichYan
gorex  vs  pj
Ainzcrad
 vs  London13
Sificon  vs  weird mon
JuanSG
 vs  corey_axis
Grandmas Cookin  vs  EternalSnowman
Smart Kid  vs  QWILY
Mishimono
 vs  dice
YoBuddy  vs  afakedugong
Paraplegic  vs  Karnisbroke
Demantoid  vs  Leo
TheFourthChaser  vs  mrthico
iKiQ  vs  John W
Raineko  vs  PakiMan1992
raf
 vs  Ninjadog
Bushtush  vs  Tricking
Akaru Kokuyo
 vs  Abhi
Drivetacos  vs  zaaya
DraKeyTT  vs  bongclouddefense
IPF
 vs  RegiKitty
frisoeva  vs  Vaboh
Zoaw  vs  sawamura
SingleThunder
 vs  CyndaKill-SH
TDK  vs  no one interesting
tf  vs  K3ppr
Quarteroy  vs  EviGaro
Maki
 vs  Dflo
oversway  vs  kythr
turtalkatthing
 vs  MJ
obii  vs  Alpha Rabbit
Clone  vs  Raichy
GasaiYunoSan  vs  Monsareeasy
Ethan_Peralta  vs  Blimax
OctoMystic  vs  Mr.Bossaru
umbry
 vs  Lemurro
toinha  vs  Gondra
Guille14
 vs  Candy Corn
teal6  vs  BK
Mack Knife  vs  Eisenherz
Hys
 vs  The gaming attack
Fruitdealer  vs  Ticken
ExtremeHD  vs  duckpond
Crunchman  vs  RelicanthPrimal
GenOne
 vs  NomNom414
Meminger21  vs  Drogba In Shenhua
KyleCole  vs  MZB
Mingo_chan  vs  Yoda2798
HeroicTobias
 vs  love chants
weakermaker  vs  Andykins
Nido-Rus  vs  crying
yovan33321  vs  beatiful
atomicllamas  vs  SiirinZ
Givrix  vs  Choupa Chouiken
Estarossa  vs  Meru
Gray  vs  Hervalt
lotiasite  vs  Eonito

Games completed: 119/128

Deadline: Sunday, June 27th @ 11:59 PM GMT-5

Last edited:

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
Predicting all the matches because I'm bored and not playing until Sunday. Ik some matches already happened today, I'll predict them anyway with my raw thoughts.

Itchyy  vs  Laurel - Itchyy has been following doubles. No idea who Laurel is.
ED53  vs  RaiZen1704 - No clue who any of these guys are.
TonyFlygon  vs  64 Squares - TonyFlygon has been around competitive mons a lot, but 64 squares is a good player to and my teammate for Yugon PL.
robjr  vs  Finchinator - Finch gets the bold here because of name recognition, but robjr I think is not a bad player either.
Mubs  vs  suapah - I have seen Mubs in the doubles OU room before and I think they are a tier leader of 2v2 or something so they get the bold.
Blui  vs  Youngster_Bill - No clue who any of these guys are.
papiloco  vs  egalvanc - Papiloco has proven himself in doubles, such as making DLT playoffs, while I've never heard of the other person
Mattidoni88  vs  fespy - Fespy is proven good through good DPL results, DLT playoffs and has been around the tier a long time, and I don't know Mattidoni88.
emma  vs  Icemaster - Emma gets the bold because she's been around doubles for a long time, has access to solid resources and is a solid teambuilder herself. Icemaster I'm sure is a solid player being the Ubers TL but has little doubles experience.
Frania  vs  SoulWind - While SoulWind is one of the most decorated players on Smogon, Frania had a great showing in DPL and made DLT playoffs.
Spl4sh  vs  Goblin - No clue who any of these guys are.
Sunrose  vs  dnagerbadger - Both of these guys can play, but Sunrose has been around the tier longer and is overall more solid. Dnagerbadger needs to show some creativity and initiative to get the win.
Ninja  vs  Kebab mlml - I've seen Ninja play okay in some lower tiers and don't know the other person. So.
RKD  vs  avarice - Avarice is a solid lower tiers player, but RKD has experience, shown competency (deep run in seasonals winners bracket atm and DLT playoffs) and he brings el fuego.
King Leo V  vs  Qwello Lee - King Leo is a well known tournaments player, but Qwello Lee is the reigning doubles circuit champion. He hasn't played much lately, so we'll see if he can beat the rust.
dcae  vs  Shadowmonstr7 - This shouldn't be close, Shadow finished 2nd in the last DOU seasonals and I've never heard of dcae.
LightScreener  vs  The_Bandit - This is a great match for sure, both players are strong, both making DLT playoffs, but The_Bandit has been performing at a high level, winning the doubles ladder tour and currently sitting at 1st on the circuit points leaderboard.
LegendaryC26  vs  Churielix - Don't know who any of these guys are.
Confide  vs  Loudwinner - Loudwinner plays the tier and is competent; the same cannot be said about his opponent.
Ron...5  vs  Toxigen - I think Ron...5 has tried his hand at doubles, but Toxigen is more in tune with the meta and more familiar.
kjdaas  vs  Mukkuro - All I know is kjdaas is big with tournament stuff. I also played them on the LC ladder once and lost.
Pyreon  vs  TectonicDestroyer - I don't think any of these guys play doubles, but TectonicDestroyer is on a team in a relevant tour.
Star  vs  Lunar. - All I know is that Star is good.
KennyJ  vs  IMT - I actually hadn't heard of IMT until recently, but they seem to know what they're doing. On the other hand, KennyJ has been playing for a while, and has also proven to be good at the tier.
simp  vs  Dibya - Don't know who any of these guys are.
ToastedBunzzz02  vs  Sagisolar - ToastedBunzzz02 is good at OU, who knows if that will translate into DOU.
Quairo  vs  Nat - Don't know any of these guys.
Void  vs  spatulakun - Don't know any of these guys.
txitxas  vs  Anique - Txitxas plays dou, Anique doesn't afaik.
Platinum God n1n1  vs  SuperEpicAmpharos - The platinum god made one of the best teams early DLC 2, and has seen good success on the tour circuit; SEA has played some doubles but is definitely not as experienced.
MXF  vs  StitChuu - Fortunately for stitchuu, I don't know who her opponent is.
queso  vs  Derpeddeath - I think derpeddeath has tried his hand at doubles, but queso has played it more and proven to be okay at the tier.
zeno420  vs  Boat - I dont know these guys.
RLplayer  vs  Jomatoes - I've seen RLplayer somewhere before I think but I've seen Jomatoes play more and he is a solid player.
Algeria  vs  GotCookies - I don't know these guys.
PvtTyroneSlothrop  vs  qsns - I don't know this tyrone guy, and qsns was DOU council previously.
tko  vs  Mdraa - I don't know these guys
Gingy  vs  Moose And Goose - I don't know these guys
Mardek999  vs  Greentea570 - I don't know these guys
panko  vs  Lilburr - Lilburr has been getting reqs for the DOU suspects recently, and that gets the bold. Also in the know with Umbry.
SOMALIA  vs  HaxBC - Think I've seen Somalia around before, they also beat me on the LC ladder so they get the bold.
lvl100Blaziken  vs  SMB - This looks like an easy bold, but Fragments (lvl100blaziken) has had a deep 2v2 seasonals run so far and those skills translate over to DOU to some extent; they are also great at OU. A combination of positioning skill from singles and understanding of doubles mechanics from 2v2 could make this a close match, despite SMBs long list of acoclades.
Cicada  vs  Zephyri - Don't know these guys
snaga  vs  CutreGirl - Don't know these guys
Mr.GX  vs  crucify - Mr.GX has accomplishments in DOU and VGC to his name, while I've never heard of his opponent, and that gets him the bold.
TJ  vs  Shakur - Don't know these guys.
FloristtheBudew  vs  Staxi - All I know is staxi is good at ubers.
Human  vs  mc56556 - Human is a great VGC player and also has proven himself in DOU.
HaaiL  vs  NinjaSnapple - Both play the tier, Ninja plays more but HaaiL gets the bold because I have actually seen them play more.
tqew  vs  juan123juan - While tqew is a VGC player, he isn't bad at DOU either. As long as he makes sure to bring actual DOU sets.
lax  vs  Ba$ed Wobbuffet - Don't know these guys.
TeamCharm  vs  DragonWhale - TeamCharm has played a good amount of DOU and is great at pokemon in general.
Katy  vs  Will-I-am - Don't know the second. Katy is good at singles afaik, perhaps these skills will translate.
jcbc  vs  zeefable - both have played doubles, but zee plays more and she had a good run in seasonals, played in DPL and more.
|Powerman|  vs  MalMoonsault - Both know the tier, but powerman plays a lot more.
Hockey1  vs  Eeveeto - Neither are doubles players, Eeveeto just has a better resume.
JRL  vs  BigBoy038 - JRL is one of the better DOU players right now, had a good showing in DPL, made DLT playoffs, good seasonal runs.
John1240  vs  Capitão General - Don't know these guys
blueebee  vs  Kaneki-san - Don't know these guys
Memoric  vs  Expulso - Expulso is a good pokemon player, but Memoric has been good at the tier for generations.
frostyicelad  vs  McSim - idrk if any of these guys actually play dou but McSim is my teammate for Yugon PL so he gets the bold.
Xrn_n  vs  Drud - Xrn_n plays the tier
Borghi  vs  Enzonana. - Borghi plays vgc well; idrk what enzonana does but I've seen him win a couple dou games.
Jisoo  vs  Drole de pokestrat - Don't know these guys.
z0mOG  vs  Bouff - Z0mOG is the guy doing the weird snorlax tour thing.
Zann  vs  Hardwick_pokemon - Don't know these guys
devin  vs  Gatubraz - I've seen devins name thrown around a lot so guess you get the bold. Edit: apparently they're on my yugonPL team too lol
Voltix  vs  Perish Song - Perish song is good, but Voltix is a good DOU player.
elodin  vs  Yellow Paint - Elodin is good, but Yellow Paint is a good DOU player.
AuraRayquaza  vs  Amaranth - Amaranth is a very good singles player, and has proven to be good at doubles in DPL as well. AuraRayquaza is DOU council with a long history of accolades; this will be a close match. AuraRayquaza is a bit more in touch with the meta though; I think this is closer than you might expect.
Sensei Axew  vs  Souw - Lol how did you lose that NU game Sensei Axew
Z Strats  vs  Spurrific - Spurrific has proven to be a very good VGC and DOU player, but Z Strats is looking really hot in this metagame, along with a good ream of accomplishments himself.
Niko  vs  AldrichYan - AldrichYan is a good VGC player, not heard of the other kid.
gorex  vs  pj - Haven't heard of pj, Gorex has beaten me before.
Ainzcrad  vs  London13 - This is a funny match neither of them really play DOU but I have a hunch London is more in touch with the meta.
Sificon  vs  weird mon - Sificon is a good player and idk who weird mon is.
JuanSG  vs  corey_axis - Don't know these guys
Grandmas Cookin  vs  Sky's The Limit - GMA may be a bit out of touch with the meta but is very good at DOU, and I don't know who his opponent is.
Smart Kid  vs  QWILY - Don't know these guys.
Mishimono  vs  mixwell - Mish, what can I say
YoBuddy  vs  afakedugong - YoBuddy has been in the tier for a while, producing good results; I don't know his opponent.
Paraplegic  vs  Karnisbroke - Karn is a very good player and he's improved very quickly recently, but Paraplegic has been good for a long time and is on the DOU council. However his laptop broke and anything is possible when your opponent is playing on mobile.
Demantoid  vs  Leo - Demantoid plays and I think he was a former tier leader, Leo doesn't afaik.
TheFourthChaser  vs  mrthico - Don't know these guys.
iKiQ  vs  John W - John W seems to be the better player overall, playing in WCOP.
Raineko  vs  PakiMan1992 - I would project Yuki to win here because I don't know their opponent and they have been solid in the past in VGC and DOU.
raf  vs  Ninjadog - I think raf actually plays, even though Ninjadog is a very good player.
Bushtush  vs  Tricking - Bushtush was talking shit so Tricking you get the bold.
Akaru Kokuyo  vs  Abhi - Akaru plays the tier I think and probably has SMB support, while I'm not so sure about Abhi.
Drivetacos  vs  zaaya - Tacos has had a good seasonal run. I'm pretty sure zaaya plays doubles, but I've never actually seen them play.
DraKeyTT  vs  bongclouddefense - I think DraKeyTT plays the tier and has built some teams which may give him the edge.
IPF  vs  RegiKitty - Don't know these guys.
frisoeva  vs  Vaboh - From what I know, vaboh is the better player.
Zoaw  vs  sawamura - Good matchup between a friend and my tutor. I don't dare predict this one.
SingleThunder  vs  CyndaKill-SH - While I've seen CyndaKill sign up for many doubles tours, I haven't really seen them win anything notable. SingleThunder has a presence in the community, so he gets bolded.
TDK  vs  no one interesting - no one interesting has had a deep seasonals run, while I don't know who TDK is.
tf  vs  K3ppr - I think K3ppr has actually been having some success in the current seasonals tour.
Quarteroy  vs  EviGaro - EviGaro has been playing doubles, got some suspect reqs and is in the discord.
Maki  vs  Dflo - Maki has proven to be a good player and I don't know who Dflo is.
oversway  vs  kythr - Kythr is just the better player, even though he doesn't play doubles.
turtalkatthing  vs  MJ - turtalkatthing actually plays doubles.
obii  vs  Alpha Rabbit - Alpha Rabbit beat me in seasonals and I think he played for DWCOP.
Clone  vs  Raichy - Don't know these guys.
GasaiYunoSan  vs  Monsareeasy - Don't know these guys.
Ethan_Peralta  vs  Blimax - Blimax is a great player, but Ethan_Peralta has been playing doubles.
OctoMystic  vs  Mr.Bossaru - Mr. Bossaru has been playing doubles.
umbry  vs  Lemurro - Umbry is DOU council and has a solid playing history.
toinha  vs  Nalorium - Don't know these guys.
Guille14  vs  Candy Corn - Don't know these guys.
Axel69  vs  BK - Don't know these guys.
Mack Knife  vs  Eisenherz - Both play doubles, but I haven't seen enough play from Eisenherz to bold.
Hys  vs  The gaming attack - Hys has looked to be solid at doubles and has good team sources, probably wins if this game gets played. Hys is busy so it might not be.
Fruitdealer  vs  Alkione- Don't know these guys.
ExtremeHD  vs  duckpond - duckpond had good showings in seasonals, proven VGC player.
Crunchman  vs  RelicanthPrimal - not gonna predict my own game, but RelicanthPrimal is a solid DOU player whom I respect.
GenOne  vs  NomNom414 - GenOne has played DOU for a long time. NomNom414 mains AG.
Meminger21  vs  Drogba In Shenhua - Meminger21 has had solid ladder results, while I don't know Drogba.
AtmosphereVGC  vs  MZB - Atmosphere had good showings in DPL, I don't know his opponent.
Mingo_chan  vs  Yoda2798 - Yoda is DOU tier leader, played DPL and numerous other DOU tours and solid record in general.
HeroicTobias  vs  love chants - Don't know these guys.
weakermaker  vs  Andykins - Don't know these guys.
Nido-Rus  vs  crying - Nido-Rus just won the last DOU seasonal and is an established presence. Crying is a good player overall and made DUU ladder tour playoffs in a relatively short time, but that may not be enough to prevail over experience.
yovan33321  vs  Bye 1 - Tough one to call.
atomicllamas  vs  Bye 2 - Tough one to call.
Givrix  vs  Bye 3 - Tough one to call.
Estarossa  vs  Bye 4 - Tough one to call.
Gray  vs  Bye 5 - Tough one to call.
lotiasite  vs  Bye 6 - Tough one to call.
(Sorry if I don't know you that's just how it do be lol)

Highlight Matches (In no particular order):
lightscreener vs bandit
kennyj vs IMT
aurarayquaza vs amaranth
z vs spurrific
paraplegic vs karn
SMB vs lvl100blaziken
nido-rus vs crying
memoric vs expulso
frania vs soulwind

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)